Old 08-04-2011, 05:09 AM   #106  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Sorry i have not been around.. had a bad bad bad week..not just with dieting..
im trying to get back on track tonight and pull myself back together..
hugs.. keep chugging along girls!!
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 192/184.5/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodymist View Post
Well done on your loss . Every little bit helps getting there!

I had a rough couple of days. Two family members in hospital. I stayed on plan but I have to admit that I have no appetite when I'm sad and worrying. So the last two nights I didn't really eat enough but I still excercised just to relief the stress. I'll get that better today. Atleast I know HE comforts me.

Strongs everyone
VanessaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #108  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Thank you Vanessa That's the way I am looking at it too. When everything hits in a flood, and there is still ANY movement downward, that is a super good thing

Thank you melody Sorry to hear of your hospitalized family and do hope everything is ok? I am the same way...stressed or not actually... it's hard to eat, just no desire... that's half my problem. You keep plugging away though and I like to exercise out my stress too! Seems we have some commonalities. Do you mind if I ask what is happening with the family? I will send some prayers your way if you don't mind.

km - of course you can join in! Set your goal that you want to accomplish between now and Christmas and post progress..that easy Welcome aboard!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by km0ss View Post
I'm new to this site and still learning it's ways. Would you mind telling me how to go about joining you in this endeavor? Thanks!
Welcome--LOL--it's that simple! You're IN!

Come join us--we're all doing our own thing but with a common goal-- we'd LOVE a 50 lb loss Christmas present!

p.s. I'm new, too but these folks are great!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #110  
Fiesty Minx

S/C/G: 180/173.8/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Wanting In! :)

Not sure if my last post was seen/read, but I am definitely wanting to join in on this.

Did walk/jog two miles first thing this morning. Unfortunitely, with the NC heat, it's near impossible to stay out there for too long.

I got on the elliptical this evening, but wasn't able to make it past three minutes. Was very upset and disappointed with myself because I did ten minutes last night.

I don't think I had enough rest last night. Just couldn't force the energy to make it through. Our youngest was up off and on.

Really hope I start seeing bigger results soon. It can be really hard to stay motivated when I feel like I'm doing so well and feel so good, but it doesn't show on the outside.

SO, is tomorrow the "official" weigh in for our first week of this challenge?

p.s. Thank you "VanessaV" for the sweet welcome that I just took notice of!!!...hahaha...
km0ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:30 AM   #111  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Good Morning .
Another HOT day in SC.. been so hot. almost impossible to run..I even have the treadmill in the garage. but nofan.. so it gets hot in there too. but i need to try something..
hope everyone has a great day!
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:40 AM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by km0ss View Post
Not sure if my last post was seen/read, but I am definitely wanting to join in on this.

Did walk/jog two miles first thing this morning. Unfortunitely, with the NC heat, it's near impossible to stay out there for too long.

I got on the elliptical this evening, but wasn't able to make it past three minutes. Was very upset and disappointed with myself because I did ten minutes last night.

I don't think I had enough rest last night. Just couldn't force the energy to make it through. Our youngest was up off and on.

Really hope I start seeing bigger results soon. It can be really hard to stay motivated when I feel like I'm doing so well and feel so good, but it doesn't show on the outside.

SO, is tomorrow the "official" weigh in for our first week of this challenge?

p.s. Thank you "VanessaV" for the sweet welcome that I just took notice of!!!...hahaha...
You are welcome for the welcome! I hope you won't be discouraged. Be glad that you ARE doing so well and you DO feel so good! You are doing good things for yourself. Sometimes the results are slow in coming but-- we can't give up. If we give up, we surely will not reach our goals!

LOL--this group is pretty loose. I don't think we have any hard and fast rules. But--some weigh in and report on Fridays. Whatever works for you. Personally, I appreciate the accountability and encouragement.

Three mins on the elliptical is better than no mins on the elliptical! Perhaps you can do the elliptical every other day for now. Or maybe today your energy will return and you'll do ten plus!

Have a great day and thanks for joining in!

How's everyone else doing?

V/V
PS I weigh in tomorrow--first time in three weeks--keep your fingers crossed for me!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:32 AM   #113  
~Star~

km0ss - I had welcomed ya earlier, but shortened your name to "km"... maybe wasn't enough of it to know I was referring to you though I think it's great you want to jump on in!!!!! 3 mins on the elliptical is 3 more minutes that got done than if you sat on the couch, so good job!!!! Look at your positives, focus on those.... maybe if doing 3 mins is all the umph you have for a day... try doing the elliptical during commercial breaks of one of your tv shows? Then it would be 3 mins at a time (not all at once and feeling unable to do it) and it would be 3x/half hour? Then you are pretty much at your 10 mins that make you feel proud!!!! As long as you are doing something, always feel good about that cause it's one step closer to where you want to be

Fridayangel - I so feel ya there! Here in AZ we have not fallen below 110 degrees in too long of a time and it's sweltering out! Saturday when I do my biking, I have to do it early or I am not able to at all. I am fortunate enough to have a big enough place to have my gym and elliptical inside the house though, so I can be in the a/c to exercise the rest of the time.

Vanessa - consider my fingers crossed for ya!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #114  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

I would like to join this thread! I am not shooting for 50 but I would like to hit 200 or 199 come year end. My start weight is 229 so I am going for 29lbs!

Good luck everyone!

SW 229
GW 200
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #115  
~Star~

Matilda - Welcome aboard and I have no doubt you will hit that goal!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 282/TICKER/140

Height: 5'6.5

Welcome Matilda08 and km0ss! It's nice to have so many people join up and help everyone

It seems like the weather is taking its toll everywhere this week, yesterday it was around 90 degrees, which made it a nightmare to exercise and sleep! I didn't wanna complain too much since we only get a couple of weeks of really good sunshine a year here in London, but still, it was really tough to find the motivation to do anything!

Last edited by aseret123; 08-05-2011 at 02:33 PM.
aseret123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #117  
~Star~

aseret - depending on your humidity levels, that 90 degrees can feel like a sauna too. Hopefully we all get a bit of cooling relief... I am just looking forward to September so we can cool down below 95 through the night. At least with a cooler start it won't feel so bad
Old 08-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #118  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

fridayangel - We all are here for you okey? PM or anything if you need to talk!

VanessaV - Thank you!

ItsMyTurn - Oh yes I see we are the same! Hehe like yesterday, I was so sad and in so much spiritual pain that I excercised for 3 hours straight just to let everything out. I'm feeling it today. My body is in pain. Atleast the next 2 days are my excercise free days so I can relax. My grandma is in hospital, they think she might need a hip replacement and then my cousin (best cousin, we're super close) was in an explosion on tuesday. He got 2nd degree burns on his face and arms. He is currently in ICU but is stable condition the doctors say. My heart is aching for him. I NEVER say no to an extra prayer thank you!!!!

kmoss + Matilda - Welcome aboard!
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #119  
~Star~

melody - That is exactly how I handle stress... work it out! I honestly think it clears the head so we can think straight, because when I don't, then I get shaky and just snap at everything (the first is way more productive, lol). I am so sorry to hear you were also in spiritual pain, anything I can do to help? I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother's hip - such a central location for mobility. And your cousin too...I can't imagine making it through an explosion! I will certainly include the both of them in prayer as well... lift them up and let Him do His work in healing At work the PM doesn't work, but it does once I get home..usually around 5pm AZ time or on weekends, if you ever want to
Old 08-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #120  
Fiesty Minx

S/C/G: 180/173.8/120

Height: 5'4"

My weigh in today was 173.8...Getting there slowly...But, at least in the right direction!

I'm pledging to lose 3lbs by next weigh in!
km0ss is offline   Reply With Quote