Old 07-21-2011, 04:57 AM   #61  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hi Girls

This week has been bad for me.. with my period. and having issues with the husband. I havent over eaten Not at all. but no cardio either.. So im not expecting great things on the scale tomorrow.. But tonight i start back to jogging also!..

Eggplant. is a purple veggie.. My favorite is eggplant parm! kinda like squash but purple!!
Good Idea... Everyone try a new fruit of veggie this week!!!!!! you never know you may like it!
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:37 AM   #62  
Picking Myself back up

Well Today is friday. i lost like 1/2 pound..- but better than noting..

I Signed up for a 5k end of September.. So this will PUSH me to work harder!
Im the kind of person who needs a goal to keep me going..
I wont win the 5k. But no means.. but all im trying to do is my personal best!

What Goals do you have set up?
Have a GREAT day!
Old 07-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #63  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Good morning! Time to record my weekly WI!!!!

Start May 15 - 238
June 15 - 229 (-9 total wt loss)
July 15 - 222.4 (-15.6 total wt loss)
7/8 - 225.6
7/15 - 222.4 (-3.2)
7/22 - 220.6 (-1.8)

LGW

Just for today I will have a program. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. It will eliminate 2 pests -- hurry and indecision
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #64  
Green Tara

S/C/G: 196/175/130

Height: 5'1

Default Spark people

Hi everyone!

Been quiet with daughter's visit but will catch up soon! Started logging my food in sparkpeople on my iphone and trying to figure out if it's possible to sync it with the website. I would think it would but logged food on Iphone and it does not show on site. I don't want to have to do this twice.

I like having the ability to do it on the iPhone for when I'm not home, but it's easier to navigate on the lap top (which is a mac so should sync easily)

Please let me know.

I also started doing Jackie Warner's 2 week plan and am going to do her work out and eating plan routine. So far I love it and have not had any cravings!

Hope all is well!!! Talk soon!

Claudia
calmeida5018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

I'm in! My goal is to be 40lbs lighter or <235

July 24 275.4
July 31

August 7 278.2
August 14 271
August 21
August 28

September 4 267.4
September 11
September 18
September 25

October 2
October 9
October 16
October 23
October 30

November 6
November 13
November 20
November 24

December 1
December 8
December 22

GOAL WEIGHT: <235

Last edited by justaloozer; 09-06-2011 at 09:26 AM.
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 192/184.5/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default Welcome ALL!

So glad to have so many joining in! I know it's still early but I hope we can all hang in there together to make it all the way to the end!

Won't that be a great way to start the New Year!?

I am grateful for each of you. Thanks for 'being there.' It means a lot to have others who understand the struggle. And, I appreciate the accountability, too.

Hope to get weighed next week. Cross your fingers for me!

Have a good weekend!

Vanessa
VanessaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 192/184.5/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default Gross!!

Omigosh-- accountability and honesty--here is the 'AWFUL truth!'

Friends came in from out of town and of course, everyone got together to eat.... I should have had WATER! I didn't plan ahead... I didn't make good choices. I just ate what everyone else ate! Stuff I would not ordinarily touch--some french fries, cheeseburger, BBQ ribs,--- you get the picture! Oh-- and SWEET TEA which I never drink! Don't get me wrong--it was good (!) but I did regret it later!!

I did have enuff sense to not overdo it portion-wise (the food choices were bad enuff).

Thankfully, I only went over my calorie limit by 20 points-- if I only drink water til bedtime!! I feel like I gained Mega-FAT today!

I am not happy with myself. Anyone else so disgusted with themselves ??

Thanx for listening-- V

Last edited by VanessaV; 07-22-2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: punctuation
VanessaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 282/TICKER/140

Height: 5'6.5

I was just about to come here and confess a slip-up myself!! I help out with a social group type thing for young girls every week, and this week we were breaking for summer.. which meant presents. Incredibly sweet of them, especially since I haven't been going for very long, but one girl got me a HUGE box of luxury biscuits and another got me chocolates. I confess, that after 4 biscuits and 5 chocolates, I feel sick and disgusting. There once was a time when I would have scoffed all of the biscuits and chocolates, and I'm glad I managed to restrict myself to less than a quarter of what I normally would have eaten, but I still feel horrid all the same. So you are not alone Vanessa!

I love having somewhere I can go to get my food-feelings off my chest! I'll be making good use of this next weekend, when I'm meeting friends for food and drinks.. consumption of pizza is highly likely!

I like the idea of trying a new fruit or veggie every week. I tried avocado this week, which I actually quite like next week I may try aubergine!!!

Congrats on your losses fridayangel and LGW, you're moving in the right direction!

Keep it up ladies! xx
aseret123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:15 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I heard this today and it's made me feel a lot better:

you didn't gain all this weight overnight and you aren't going to lose it overnight either....
I have a HUGE problem with getting bent out of shape when I don't lose five lbs every week. My goal is very logical, but I still get disappointed sometimes when I step on the scale.

I don't know if anyone else has trouble with this, but the quote above really helped me- it's SO true- I gained this weight over the last three years, I can't expect to lose it all overnight... by Christmas- now that's a good goal
angelinelosesweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 282/TICKER/140

Height: 5'6.5

Yeah, I always get disappointed when I haven't lost at least 2.5lbs in a week, but any loss is better than no loss! I've even come to find not losing occasionally acceptable, because at least I didn't gain, right? That saying is so true though, I've been overweight for as long as I can remember. My weight actually used to go up with my age! I remember it started at age nine (we measure in stones here) so I was 9 stone (126lbs) at 9 years old, 10 stone (140lbs) at age 10 and so on until I hit 13, then it levelled out for a few years until I started gaining again! So it definitely didn't go on overnight for me.

On an almost non-weight related note, I finally got my ticker in place
aseret123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #71  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

aseret: let me know if you make any good veggie dishes, I have been struggling with veggie sides lately and I'm working really hard to try out new veggies as I want this to be a life style change for me...I can't do that on brocolli, asparagus, zucchini, and butternut squash alone...I made turnip fries today which weren't that bad - edible, the cauliflower mashed potatoes a no go for me :-(
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:11 AM   #72  
Picking Myself back up

LGW- Ive tried Caulifolower mashed potatoes. i thought they were yummy. Im not a big fan of potatoes.!
Garlic Roasted Summer squash
Ingredients

2 summer squash
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
Trim the ends from the squash, and cut each squash in half lengthwise. Cut the halves in half again crosswise, to make 4 pieces; cut those pieces in half twice more the long way, to make 16 short spears from each squash. Toss the squash with olive oil and garlic in a bowl; place into a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
Roast the squash until the spears and garlic start to brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Check the squash after 5 minutes, and add time in 2- to 3-minute intervals to avoid burning.
This looks yummy, Im going to try this!
Old 07-24-2011, 04:26 AM   #73  
Picking Myself back up

Justa loozer- I love your goal list! i need to do one and stick with it.. I signed up for a 5k end of sept so that will keep me focused.. I REALLY need to stay on track now!! Dont want to embarrass myself..
AngelinelosesweightThat is so true. we didnt gain it over night. even thou, there are a few pounds here and there im not too sure about.. LOL seem to creep up over night! we have to stay focused every day!
Asert123Yes I like that idea too. trying new fruits/veggies .. Its not new. .but i started getting grapes i love them. and they are easy to snack on.. instead of reaching for chips or something fatty. and in stead of peanuts, Im bringing a bannnana this week for lunch.. So we shall see how things go!
My new ruleEvery choice i put in my mouth, I try to think.. What value does this have for me.. A piece of white bread, NO Value.. all Carbs.. So i am trying to choose my food that is best for me. that will give me energy..
Good Luck!
Old 07-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Fridayangel I love that idea- I'm definitely going to steal it for myself. I always think about it afterwards-like oh, I probably shouldn't have had that... hmmm

Here's a secret- I listened to Christmas music today while cleaning in the house- I kept thinking, 43 by Christmas, 43 by Christmas! Really got me into the spirit.
Hope you're all having good weekends
angelinelosesweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:29 AM   #75  
Picking Myself back up

Here we are MONDAY!!. Only good thing about monday is puts most of us back in a routine. and its easier to stay on track...

Had my special K this morning. I packed a banana and a protein bar for lunch.. and my water. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
I am a bit tired.. but I will get through the day..

Angelinelosesweight... i do like the christmas music idea. i love christmas!!