Old 05-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #46  
At it again

chick, you and your husband are in my thoughts . . . best wishes for a homecoming today! And congrats on getting to the gym last night - that took a lot of dedication. (I would be tempted to nap!)
rmc9142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #47  
This is for life!

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/136

Height: 5'3"

I missed my April goal, but I finally broke through the 195 plateau - My goal for May is to lose 8 lbs!

Chicadee - so glad you hubby is doing better!
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 253/192/150

Height: 5'8

2 lbs lost in May so far. 8 more to go!
sweck08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #49  
ish

S/C/G: 239/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

I just noticed that I posted a goal weight loss without a goal weight. I was aiming for 8 pounds in May starting from a weight of 235. So I am aiming to be 227.

So far I've lost half a pound. I need to step things up!
ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 175/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm in!

This is excellent I'm doing the 100day challenge also, but this will help keep me focused for the month of May. My current weight 169. My goal weight is 155 by the end of May.So excited good luck everyone!!!!!
kristian130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:05 AM   #51  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Thanks so much for the well-wishes, all. My husband was discharged from the hopsital this afternoon, and we are extremely happy to be home. While in the hospital he was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and will have to be on insulin, and so we have a lot of challenges ahead of us as we work to change his diet and lifestyle in the coming months. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment, but know that he and I can and will handle this. Our first goal is to get him off the insulin as quickly as we can.

I was totally unable to count calories the past 5 days and only exercised once, but I checked my weight when we got home today and was at 226.2, so somehow I managed to keep my calories low enough to lose 2.2 lbs since Sunday. I'm very relieved that I'm not up on the scale, but TOM seems to be starting and so who knows where I'll be tomorrow. I am back on calorie counting though, and tomorrow my husband is planning to go to the gym with me - his first time ever!

I hope everyone has had a good week, and I really look forward to being back around again! The updated goal list is below... welcome to our new challengers, and please let me know if I've gotten any information wrong or missed anyone!

Updated May Weight Loss Challenge Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red

sweck08: Lose 10 lbs
DrivenByAmbition: Lose 5 lbs
ish: Lose 8 lbs
Ferumbas: Lose 12 lbs; stick to SB; record intake; calorie count
Focused Lani: Lose 8 lbs
opheliaphoenix: Lose 10 lbs
rmc9142: Lose 12 lbs
laceymarie: Drink water w/ every meal/snack; count calories only 2x/week; eat healthy after-school snack only if hungry
blinkworks: Lose 12 lbs; record intake daily; eat low carb and count calories
ready4skinny: Record intake; drink 8 glasses water daily; no fast food
I am worth it: Stay on plan
Laynee: Reach 165 lbs
carvedmarmelade: Lose 5 lbs
freethetoys: Lose 4 lbs; stay on plan; be more positive
chickadee32: Lose 10 lbs
Kheva74: Lose 15 lbs
WestieGirl: Lose 6 lbs
brooksider09: Lose 10 lbs; drink water daily
TERAPET: Lose 5 lbs
surrendertolis: Lose 5 lbs
cheerios: Lose 10 lbs
CaitLA: Lose 20 lbs
takingcontrol: Get back to ticker weight
CarlaVeg: Lose 3 lbs; eat less sugar
JasonsLea: Lose 10 lbs
Ms Perception: Plan/track food 5 days/wk; eat on plan 5 days/wk; get back to ticker weight
Tahnee: Lose 10 lbs; stay binge free
Beila: Be binge free for 1 month; reach 140s; count calories; stay under 1200 cals/day; drink more water
ms23: Lose 10 lbs; no fast food/junk food; track food; stay under 1600 cals/day
susiemartin: Lose 12 lbs; check in to 3FC daily
Gwen: Lose 8 lbs
kristian130: Reach 155

Remember that exercise goals can be posted in our sister thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge.html
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 200/183/150

Height: 5'7"

Chickadee -- So glad your husband was able to go home!

I'm down 3.6 pounds since May 1 (for a total of 17 this year). Just a little bit more to go! Thanks for keeping me motivated, guys!
brooksider09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #53  
At it again

Glad to hear all of your good news Chickadee - hubby home, weight loss, etc. Sorry for the diagnosis, but it seems like you both have a solid plan of action. Best of luck!

My month's going pretty well; I've lost about 5.5 lbs. I don't expect to lose at that same rate for the rest of the month. There's always a large drop the first week, at least for me. But, I am motivated so we shall see . . .

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #54  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Haven't updated in this thread for a few days, so wanted to pop in really quick. My weigh-in this morning was 228.4, so 2.2 lbs lost in May so far. I still have another week before I leave for California, so I'm hoping to make it to at least 5 lbs down before next Saturday...we'll see.

Welcome to all the new challengers (), and Chickadee - I'm glad your husband is feeling better and is home now! Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise, and you will both make each other stronger with this new, mutual lifestyle. It's always so much more motivating to have someone so close going through it with you. I wish you both the best!

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 05-07-2011 at 03:57 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:57 AM   #55  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Check In Time
Not doing as good as I could...but I'm still trying.
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #56  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Not exactly been a model health-wise so far this month. Well, maybe modeling bad behavior, but that's all set aside. Today I've handled the meals well enough and feel pretty good. I've been disastrous as far as drinking water too which has only made thigs worse, of course.
Working on EVERYTHING right now so it's a little overwhelming, but I found a new website that helps with meal planning and grocery lists and stuff. I'm thinking I might try it and see if it helps since I'm struggling to plan meals on busy days. Then I would also not be tempted to buy junk at the grocery store since they provide you with the grocery lists and everything.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 228/196/160

Height: 5' 8.5"

Blah blah blah! Worked my butt off last week for .5lb & 1" loss

So discouraging I'm going to monitor my weight daily maybe it'll drop in a day or two.

Going to try and stay focused and not let it get me down too much. I have to work on my instant gratification issues

1.5 pounds away from onderland just can't come fast enough!
carvedmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #58  
At it again

Sounds like everyone is kind of frustrated.

Carved - Congrats on being only 1.5 away! I can't wait to get there myself.

Ms Perception, could you share that website? I find myself also having problem on busy days. I've been good about staying within my calorie range, but some days all I do is graze. It's all pretty much healthy stuff, but I should probably make a meal, rather than eat 3 string cheese sticks, etc.!
Old 05-10-2011, 12:53 AM   #59  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi all! Hope everyone's week is going well so far. I have been on-plan food wise and finally got to the gym tonight, and so far I'm down 3.5 lbs this month. I need to get to my goal to stay on track to hit onderland by my birthday at the end of July! Having to wear a swimsuit around my husband's family for an entire week in early August is good motivation, lol.

brooksider: Great loss so far this month! Keep it up!

rmc: Wow, more than 5 lbs already? Awesome! Even if that rate of loss doesn't continue, it's nice to get that boost at the start to help with motivation, huh?

ophelia: I am keeping my fingers crossed that you'll hit your mid-month goal! I am sure you can do it. And yes - I think in some ways this will be a very good thing. I just need to get us into a routine so that I can get past the stress I'm feeling over it... I just want for him to be ok, and I'm not sure yet how to get him there.

susie: Keep checking in, and let us help motivate you!

MsP: It sounds like you're under a lot of stress right now. I am glad the meal planning will help some - it seems like a good plan. Can you keep some fast/easy things around the house for meals on nights when your super busy and weren't able to plan ahead? I totally go for foods packaged for convenience when I need to... I'm thinking packages of pre-chopped veggies for stir-fry, the frozen packets of rice that just get tossed in the microwave, etc. Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? A lot of their stuff really helps me when I'm in a rush.

carved: I hate weeks like that. Could it be hormonal? Either way, you KNOW you're doing the work and the weight is coming off, it's just not reflected on the scale yet. You will see that loss that you've already earned, it just might take a few more days. And then you'll blow right past 200 when you see that whoosh!!

Thank you again, ladies, for the happy wishes for my husband and him getting back home. This month has been stressful so far, and I really do appreciate your thoughts a lot.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #60  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

rmc9142-It's called E-Mealz. I think the website is just e-mealz.com. There is a small cost involved, but it's totally worth it to have a plan...and have someone do the work for you!

chickadee-There is undoubtedly some stress since I'm working and would rather be gardening and meal planning, etc. I just realize what an incredible challenge it is to balance it all.

On a positive note, I think I've found a renewed desire to reach my goals. I'd lost the motivation to even try very much, but I read pieces of a book last night that really reminded me that I don't want to take the lazy way out and end up back at my high weight. I want to be confident in my clothes, in a swimsuit, etc. I also want to get back some of the energy that has dwindled. It's worth the work. I'd lost sight of that. I'm not saying I'll be 100% OP all the time, but I've gotten a glimpse of what I want again.

Last edited by Ms Perception; 05-10-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote