Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

October Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red

julie99s-Lose 10 lbs, Log food daily
Ms Perception-Lose 5 lbs, Don't eat within 2 hours of bedtime
Newshinyme-Make eating plan each week & stick to it, Stay accountable on the thread, Lose 5 lbs
mystical-Lose 6 lbs
Marniadec-Lose 10 lbs
CardboardCutoutCat-Loe 5 lbs
freethetoys-Get down to 1300 cal/day, Reach 168 lbs, Change eating habits and approach to dieting
susiemartin-Weigh daily, Lose 10 lbs
TERAPET-Reach 139 lbs
2Bees-Lose 5 lbs
layddi-Lose 10 lbs
fld20-Lose 5 lbs
dcapulet-Lose 5 lbs
raznt-Lose 10 lbs, Stay on plan
My Michelle-Eat totally clean, Lose 8 lbs
ma26-Reach 161.4 lbs
VickieLou-Lose 10 lbs
starbrite-Lose 10 lbs
NightAngel26-Lose 15 lbs
luckymommy- Lose 10 lbs
RevampingSoul- Lose 10 lbs, Drink 64 oz water daily
AngelD-Lose 10 lbs
annputation-Lose 10 lbs
WinterJinx- Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea-Lose 5 lbs
excitedtolose-Lose 10-15 lbs
LouisaH-Lose 5.6 lbs/Reach 147
dollypie-Lose 8 lbs
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

susiemartin-I read your touching story about Riko. What a beautiful dog. Thank you.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #78  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

VickieLou-Nice loss! It's so good to see your posts and hear your updates.

dollypie-A nice walk in beautiful weather is wonderful! Enjoy them while you can.

Marniadec-Cheat meals/days can be good and bad. Good if you do it in moderation for a meal just to get something you've been craving, but isn't in your food plan. Bad if you let yourself go completely, overeat everything and end up with bad food cravings for a week as a result. So, choose carefully why and how you do it. I'm speaking from experience here.

LouisaH-I had it all planned out...getting back into a good mix of cardio and strength and then BAM! My right (good) shin started hurting pretty badly. I can't stand for more than a half hour and can't walk more than a few minutes without quite a lot of pain. May have to go in and have it x-rayed. May just be a stress fracture. I don't know. I'm alread trying to figure out what I CAN do since the local pool is still out of comission. So, we'll see...

layddi-You're welcome!

My Michelle-My muscles have all forgiven me, but as I mentioned to Louisa, I have pain in one of my shins that prevents me from bearing much weight at the moment. It kinda sprung up Tuesday and hasn't gone away yet. Hope it does soon, because I was looking forward to running today, but that's out the window for now.

Shin pain aside, I'm feeling very well. I'd LOVE to be able to get out and get moving. I've got yard work and my garage to clean. My legs feel great as far as muscle recovery from Sunday's race. I may have to seek medical intervention for my shin, though. I'm going to ice and rest it tonight and see if that does anything. I'm glad to hear the posts from everyone planning and doing well. I've been so-so on my food. My weight has fluctuated up again with TOM right around the corner and my exercise minimal. Gotta keep my calories in check right now!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #79  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

I'm gonna consolidate and use this as a daily weigh in (will edit this post as the month goes on). I just got back from vacation and gained quite a bit

5.2 lbs lost July
4.8 lbs lost Aug
3.8 lbs lost Sept
Aug end weight=151.0
Sept End weight=147.2
Oct Goal weight=145 or less

Goal=to lose 6 lbs

1-6th-on vacation
7. 151.4
8. 150.4
9. 149.0
10. 148.6-must have been a lot of sodium from eating out on vacation!
11. 148.2
12. 148.4 migraine (tom is 8 days late, hopefully will show soon)
13. 148.2
14. 147.6
15. 146.8 tom day 1
16. 148.8
17. 148.8
18. 148.4
19. 147.2
20. 146.8
24. 147.6
25. 146.8
26. 146.8
27. 147.2 ovulating
28. 146.6 migraine
29. 145.8
30. 144.6!!!!
31. 145.6 damn fun size halloween candy bars. I ate 6-7 yesterday

Last edited by pinkflower; 10-31-2010 at 11:47 AM.
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:10 AM   #80  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I've been completely on plan and just passed the 60 day binge-free mark, which is just huuuuuuuge for me! I had set a reward for being binge-free for 60 days of a really nice, new outfit, so now I get to shop! And, I need to pick a reward for 90 days, must keep marching forward! I've proven to myself that I can live without binging, and it is such a relief! I don't ever want to return to that pattern!

susiemartin - Congrats on surviving a white-nuckle day, those are just so rotten! But clearly it paid off, yay! I loved your blog about Riko, what an incredible dog (and GORGEOUS!) and that post was so touching, thanks for sharing it with us! Also, I definitely don't want to go back to binge behaviors through the holidays, so I will be checking in ALOT over the next few months to make sure my behaviors don't begin to slide. Holidays traditionally send me for a loop too, I need to be extra vigilant!

TERAPET - I'm keeping you and your baby in my thoughts, hang in there. I can imagine that weight loss is not at the forefront of your mind right now!

mystical - I'm glad things are going so well, it is awesome when everything starts falling into place! Congratulations!

dollypie - Congratulations on enjoying a celebration that didn't involve over-indulgence! That deserves a big HURRAH!

layddi - I just set my dvr to start recording The Biggest Loser. I only like to watch that show when I can fast-forward through the looooong, boring weigh ins that they drag out unnecessarily! Is it good this season?

WinterJinx - I hear you on Cherry Garcia ice cream, that stuff is amazing! Good job hitting the gym afterwards!

LouisaH
- Thanks for the scale info, I've added it to my wish list -- with Christmas on the horizon, maybe Santa will bring me one! I can't believe it provides so much data, I love that! I'm sure you will find your groove again, and you're right that now is the time to get it back, BEFORE the bulk of the holiday crazy arrives!

VickieLou - Yay for on-plan days! Good luck at your weigh-in!

Marniadec - I gotta tell you, cheat days don't work for me, they have always in the past eventually led to massive backsliding. It was like when I added cheat days to my plan I constantly exposed myself to foods that brought out my most addictive behaviors, which was not good for me at all and made my on-plan days much harder to get through. It was like being in a constant state of withdrawal. However, this is one of those "your mileage may vary" topics, I know people who have cheats days and they absolutely work for them and make life worth living! You can certainly experiment and find how it works for you!

MsP: I'm sorry to hear about that right shin injury, that stinks! It doesn't seem fair, either, since you trained so consistently for your race. I'm sending you healing thoughts!

pinkflower - I'm sure with some on plan days you'll shed your vacation gain, you can do it!

Last edited by My Michelle; 10-08-2010 at 07:13 AM.
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:37 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

OMG!!!! It isn't even Thanksgiving dinner and I am already up by almost 1lb **nervous** for Thanksgiving Day for sure now LOL, guess I will just keep a close eye on things and do some extra workout to help with the holiday spread hahaha.
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #82  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay it is Friday and I have made it 4 days of on plan eating and excercising! I am so proud of myself because it has been so long since I have done that. Now to making this a lifestyle change. It will be hard since this Saturday is the Scarecrow Festival and there will be lots of fair food, but I am planning on taking lots of snacks for me and DD. Also I will be getting lots of exericising doing all of the walking so yeah!

I really need to set a goal for me like My Michelle. I have been really wanting to get a pedicure so if I can make it to Sunday I will go get on while DD has a nap.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #83  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

that is awesome dollypie! It's good to go in prepared. Good luck with staying on plan
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #84  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Happy Friday Chicklets! I love and hate the weekends. I'm always ready for a party, and it's so easy to cut loose and overdo it. There's an Oktoberfest celebration in my hood, so I will likely be drinking more than I should. I'm a total food snob and can't really eat "fair food" unless I know where it came from so that isn't too much of a danger, but being out rather than preparing a healthy meal leads to going out to eat, or eating easy food at home, which tends to be more fattening stuff, like carbs. I do have a couple of fast, healthy things ready to go, so I should be good.

dollypie: Good work this week. Get a good workout in on Saturday morning so you don't have to worry too much about consuming a few extra calories at the festival--you'll do fine! I'll send some healthy eating vibes your way in the hopes that they make the fair food smell gross to you. lol.

MsP:
Oh no, what's up with the shin? And on your good leg, no less! That really bites. You should still be able to do some good strength training, ab work and push-ups and such, to keep your metabolism up while you rest your shin to let it heal. I hope it's a quick recovery. Is the bike an option, or does that hurt it too?

My Michelle: the scale is an Omron 500, and I did a bunch of research before I bought it. It was pricey, but worth it, and I love it. Congratulations on your binge-free progress. That is fantastic; and you are so close to 50 pounds lost, wahoo!

mystical: Quick, do 50 jumping jacks. Run in place for 10 minutes. Do 50 lunges. 100 jump rope...every little bit helps! I do that at work with my co-workers (they all happen to be family, so we can be as cornball goofy as we want, we already know we're all crazy). Good luck, and remember you can eat it all, but just a taste of the baddies, and fill up on the low cal. And don't forget your water--that goes a long way to fill your belly and make you feel full faster!

pinkflower: a couple days on plan and those extra pounds will fall right back off--no worries!

I weighed in at 152.6 this morning, same place I was when I got back four days ago. Looks like TOM has packed most of his bags. Hope he takes a little extra by tomorrow. Have a great Friday night everyone. Here's a sprinkle for the weekend:

Last edited by LouisaH; 10-08-2010 at 02:33 PM.
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #85  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 248.8
CW: 244.6 (-4.2)
GW: 238.8
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 257/250/112

Height: 5'4.5

I really hope I'm not too late, I've not stuck to anything in the past few months, I made this account a while ago and haven't logged in in a while, I really want to reach my goals and I'm convinced it'll be now... So here goes...

I want to be out of the 200's by the end of October, I know it's a long shot but it's what I'm going for I'd be happy if I managed to get to 220lbs though so I won't bee disappointed if don't reach 199...

I'm doing a calorie restricted diet, I won't go over 1,300calories in any given day, I'll log my intake in a notebook and write it here at the end of every day to stay on track...

I'm also going to try and drink 6 glasses of water a day and any other drink will be coffee/tea with semi skimmed/skimmed milk or a diet drink (I'm addicted to diet coke atm :S)

I'll only be eating meal between 7am and 7pm, any other time will be unacceptional

Good luck everyone, I hope you all meet your goals!! Have a beautiful day!!!
candy love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #87  

Location: On Planet Earth...I'm waiting for the Oxygen levels to go up on the other planet's before I move

S/C/G: 250/125/120

Alright so today my leg was dragging a little bit out of the wagon but I've pulled it back in and plan to be OP for this weekend. It's that TOM for me so I tend to get a little lazy when it first hits which means I did not go to the gym. I also I ate some chinese take out, but I made sure to have only small portions.

DollyPie- I love frozen yogurt and am going to go look for that cherry garcia one now. Also have fun at the festival with DD, good idea on packing healthy snacks.

VickieLou- You're doing awesomely staying on track and you'll be in the 230s in no time.

MsPerception- Sorry to hear about your shin I hope you start feeling better.

My Michelle- Congrats on you 60 day mark. Keep rocking on!

Mystical- I wouldn't stress about the 1IB if I were you. You are doing great don't pile undue stress on yourself.

LouisaH- thanks for the WIll Power Dust I sure am going to need it this weekend. Enjoy the beer, Oktoberfest comes only once a year.

CandyLove- I here you on the diet coke girl. Good luck on meeting your goals.

For me this weekend I plan to make it to the gym Saturday which will make my gym attendance for this week five times. I've been trying to work in the gym whenever possible. (FYI: I hate doing the bike at the gym)

Last edited by WinterJinx; 10-08-2010 at 08:06 PM.
WinterJinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #88  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

My Michelle, congrats on your 60 days binge free. That is amazing! I can't even imagine. I am so bad with food sometimes. You definately deserve that reward!

mystical, you can do this. Hold your head up and keep moving on. 1 lb can leave as quickly as it comes. The body is certainly a wonder.

dollypie, way to go on your OP days! Good luck with the festival. Sounds like you'll be well prepared.

You're never too late to start a journey, candy love. We all can use all the support we can get.

So far, I'm down 1 lb this week. Don't say anything because my "official" weigh in is Sunday and I don't want that lb back lol. Still got remnants of being sick last week, so I've taken it easy this week. Workouts in the mornings, but no evening classes. I miss my zumba and bosu classes And to top it off, DD dropped a chair on my food and banged that up, so classes might be off limits even longer. I'm afraid to see what week 3has in store!
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:43 AM   #89  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

MsPerception I'm so sorry to hear about your shin! I hope you start feeling better in no time!

My Michelle, that is so amazing, congratulations! I hope you have a great time shopping for your reward!

LouisaH , beer is the only alcoholic beverage I like, so I find Oktoberfest to be really important and it must be celebrated! I hope you have a great time! Also, I looked into the scale too and it is *so* awesome! And out of stock... And they probably won't ship it in Greece anyway. But whatever.

mystical , no need to stress, one pound is not such a big deal, just keep going and it will leave faster than it came!

julie99s Sorry to hear about your foot, did you sprain it? I hope it heals fast! And congratulations on the loss!

On Thursday, I stayed up longer than 24 hours. So, when I said that I was thinking about having a cheat day, I didn't really want to eat something, I was just thinking that I would get too hungry. Turned out, I was too busy being pissed over being sleepy to get hungry. Of course, having written the words "cheat day", it's all I can think of eversince... I also lost two pounds yesterday, which always makes me want to eat everything that is edible, so yeah. It's my best friend's birthday today, so I think I'll give in and hopefuly get back on track tomorrow...

And now, on to the good news: Yesterday, I went shopping with some friends. One of them takes *hours* to shop, so I got bored and started looking at the clothes, which I haven't done in 5 years, because I know they won't fit. Well, I found a hoodie that I loved and I tried the XL on. It fit! It was actually loose! And I even managed to squeeze myself into size L! I was so happy! On my way out of the shop, I lost my grandma's wedding ring and the silver band that I wear on top of it. The silver band used to be too small and it had created a scar on my finger. And yesterday I had to buy a third band to keep the other 2 in place! Then I got home and tried all my clothes on (yeah, all my 4 pairs of jeans and 6 tops). I can take all the pants off without unbuttoning and the tops are huge. Then I weighed myself and it turns out, I lost two pounds and hit my second mini-goal! I am officialy on the first degree of obesity. I'm thirty pounds away from no longer being obese and I'm one week ahead of schedule!

I'm so sorry that this post is so huge, but I'm so happy! Up until this week, I hadn't even realised how smaller I had gotten! Oh, God, I really hope I can keep going like this!
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:08 AM   #90  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Yesterday wasn't a good day for my food. I ate way too much.
To make matters worse I haven't exercised for 3 days. My weight loss is stalling.

I'm going to make sure I exercise today & planned out the next 5 days of my meals.

Hope your day is a good one.

Last edited by susiemartin; 10-09-2010 at 08:10 AM.
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote