Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

October Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red

julie99s-Lose 10 lbs, Log food daily
Ms Perception-Lose 5 lbs, Don't eat within 2 hours of bedtime
Newshinyme-Make eating plan each week & stick to it, Stay accountable on the thread, Lose 5 lbs
mystical-Lose 6 lbs
Marniadec-Lose 10 lbs
CardboardCutoutCat-Loe 5 lbs
freethetoys-Get down to 1300 cal/day, Reach 168 lbs, Change eating habits and approach to dieting
susiemartin-Weigh daily, Lose 10 lbs
TERAPET-Reach 139 lbs
2Bees-Lose 5 lbs
layddi-Lose 10 lbs
fld20-Lose 5 lbs
dcapulet-Lose 5 lbs
raznt-Lose 10 lbs, Stay on plan
My Michelle-Eat totally clean, Lose 8 lbs
ma26-Reach 161.4 lbs
VickieLou-Lose 10 lbs
starbrite-Lose 10 lbs
NightAngel26-Lose 15 lbs
luckymommy- Lose 10 lbs
RevampingSoul- Lose 10 lbs, Drink 64 oz water daily
AngelD-Lose 10 lbs
annputation-Lose 10 lbs
WinterJinx- Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea-Lose 5 lbs
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #47  
Back at it...again!

Welcome to all the new joiners! Great to have you and I look forward to getting to know you all and hearing your updates throughout the month.

Sorry I didn't get on here yesterday, but I could not get my computer to behave! I really did want to share my marathon experience. In short, it was more than I could've hoped for. God graciously allowed me to make it through with pretty much no trouble from my knee at all. The worst pain was from my feet toward the end. Don't get me wrong, it was hard and took all my determination, but I ran the whole thing! I'm totally feeling most of my muscles today and imagine I will for another day or 2, but I feel so thankful for the experience. It was worth it! My unofficial finish time was 4:43:28 (about a 10:48 mile pace). Thanks to all who prayed for me, wished me well, and asked about the race. It was the experience of a lifetime!
Old 10-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 279/See Ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

I know I'm a bit late, but I just stumbled upon this thread. My current goal for October is 10lbs at a minimum (although like NightAngel, I'm shooting for 15lbs.) Currently in training for a 5K on Thanksgiving this 15lbs will put me right on pace for my Jingle Away the Jiggle Challenge.

SW:259lbs
GW:244lbs
excitedtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #49  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I've been completely OP so far this month, and the scale gave me a lovely loss for the week when I weighed in this morning for my "official weekly weigh-in" (even though I weigh every day), so I'm a happy camper. I'm starting to feel generally GOOD, and most days no longer feel like a total uphill battle to change my habits. That is a nice change. Not that there aren't hard moments, but I swear the first few weeks of being on-plan felt like an overwhelming battle of wills for every second - ME against EVIL ME ! Finally, evil me is LOSING!

mystical - I'm sure those 2 pounds will come off fast. As for Thanksgiving ideas, thank goodness I have more time to come up with a plan for the U.S. Thanksgiving celebration. The whole idea of that day makes me want to hide in a closet!

julie99s - I'm sorry your weekend was so rough, but it sounds like you are right on top of it, and in my opinion, what you do *now* is way more important in the long run that what you actually ate! We are all going to have moments when we are off plan, learning how to get right back on top of it and finding that groove again will be key to stopping any long-term backsliding! So Yay You for having a solid, well-thought out plan of attack! I'm glad you're feeling better, too!

LouisaH - welcome back from vacation! And wow, I would have been out of my mind in joy to come back from a vacay with only .8 gain! Great Job! All that hard work before vacay paid off!

Marniadec - Congratulations on those two pounds, yayayayay!

Newshinyme - I'm with you on abolishing weekends altogether! It takes alot more work for me to stay on plan during weekends than at any other time! I'm becomming weekend-shy!

MsP - you ran the whole way! Mind-bogglingly awesome! Congratulations on that tremendous achievement!

Welcome AngelD, RevampingSoul, excitedtolose, and any other newcomer I might have missed!

Last edited by My Michelle; 10-04-2010 at 02:27 PM.
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

I have had a rough 24 hours. I found out my dog has cancer and will likely need to be euthanized in a short time. I am trying not to overeat from grief. We still have a little time together so I am feeding him anything he wants! (primarily steak and chicken).

MyMichelle-You are doing so well. Yay!

MsP-Congrats on a great race! You are awesome.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:09 AM   #51  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

My Michelle: thanks for being a great cheerleader!

MsP: I'm so proud of you!You must feel so good. I'm so glad to hear that your knee behaved. I bet you slept well last night--I can only imagine how physically exhausted you must be (mentally and emotionally exhilarated, though, yes?). Super congratulations to you. Do it again?

TERAPET: I'm so sorry! That is horrible news. Take care of yourself as well as you are your dog (steak and chicken are good food for a dog--treat yourself as well).

Sorry not to get to many personals, it's been a long day re-entering from vacation mode, and I must get to bed. The weight fairy came this morning, bringing me a loss of 1.4 pounds from the day I left, but the body-fat fairy came too, giving me 3.8% gain. My skeletal muscle reading went down 2.4%. I can totally tell, too. My waistline is much squishier than when I left! Time to get back to it. Today was a good start, even though TOM is here begging me to eat with him every couple of minutes.

So I'm making my official start weight this morning's 152.6, and my goal for October is to lose 5.6 pounds to reach 147.

Last edited by LouisaH; 10-05-2010 at 01:13 AM.
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs down *sigh* A confession...

well, I want so badly to lose weight, but really as bad as I want to lose it all, I have days where I'm just tired of trying, stressed beyond my means, and just don't care. It sabotages my efforts completely. It's irritating for me to be so completely stick with it one day and then the opposite another.

I know a lot of you probably go through it, and I wish that those days I had the get-up-and-go to exercise or bother with everything, but it's so amazingly lacking. Piled up stress seems the worst, and it's never a friendly food, and even if it was I still eat soooo much some days.

Just confessing I guess here..... no loss, probably gained some...I'll weigh in in a week or so (if I can wait that long)... I don't want any added frustrations by looking at my numbers every day right now....it's funny how being upset about not making progress losing weight makes me eat!!
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:44 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm sorry....

TERAPET..... I'm sorry about your doggie.... maybe you can compile some good photos or other things for some good memories....hopefully the doc will keep him comfortable.
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

NightAngel26 & LouisaH-thanks for the condolences. It is an awful put precious time right now with my buddy.

NightAngel26-sorry you are struggling with the staying on plan. Eating right is a big challenge for me, always, but especially difficult when I am stressed and tired. Just hang in there and keep up the fight. It is worth it.

LouisaH-My vacation put a kink in things for me also. I haven't had a real loss in ages. I am hovering around the same weight and I know exactly why. Time to get back to business.

Last edited by TERAPET; 10-05-2010 at 09:38 AM.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #55  
Goodbye Fat!

I would love to join in on this thread! It has been a long time since I have done any form of exercise or even tried to eat healthy. Although I reach a breaking point the other day when I realized that I was just too tired to do anything and it was because of my weight. Well I need to be back on the wagon to a healthy lifestyle so my goal for October is 8 pounds. I leave for a trip to Washington D.C. on the 30th so it would feel great leaving knowing that I have worked hard the past month!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:08 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 191/191/160

Hope everyone is doing good..
I weighed myself on Saturday and was down 2 pounds, but I know my body and I think I put them back on "uugghh!" I'm not any everyday weigher "I'd drive myself nuts!." Will post update on my weight on Monday.
I'm just finding it hard to start exercising...

TERAPET- So sorry to here about your doggy....
layddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:22 PM   #57  
Back at it...again!

October Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red

julie99s-Lose 10 lbs, Log food daily
Ms Perception-Lose 5 lbs, Don't eat within 2 hours of bedtime
Newshinyme-Make eating plan each week & stick to it, Stay accountable on the thread, Lose 5 lbs
mystical-Lose 6 lbs
Marniadec-Lose 10 lbs
CardboardCutoutCat-Loe 5 lbs
freethetoys-Get down to 1300 cal/day, Reach 168 lbs, Change eating habits and approach to dieting
susiemartin-Weigh daily, Lose 10 lbs
TERAPET-Reach 139 lbs
2Bees-Lose 5 lbs
layddi-Lose 10 lbs
fld20-Lose 5 lbs
dcapulet-Lose 5 lbs
raznt-Lose 10 lbs, Stay on plan
My Michelle-Eat totally clean, Lose 8 lbs
ma26-Reach 161.4 lbs
VickieLou-Lose 10 lbs
starbrite-Lose 10 lbs
NightAngel26-Lose 15 lbs
luckymommy- Lose 10 lbs
RevampingSoul- Lose 10 lbs, Drink 64 oz water daily
AngelD-Lose 10 lbs
annputation-Lose 10 lbs
WinterJinx- Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea-Lose 5 lbs
excitedtolose-Lose 10-15 lbs
LouisaH-Lose 5.6 lbs/Reach 147
dollypie-Lose 8 lbs
Old 10-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #58  
Back at it...again!

Thanks for the congrats, everyone!

excitedtolose-Welcome to the thread! I've added you to the goal list and look forward to your updates.

My Michelle-Glad to hear you feel like "evil" you is losing the temptation battle. Such a nice feeling, but still never easy!

TERAPET-I just wanted to join the others in offering my condolences for your pup's illness. So sad, but at least you can treasure a little more time before you have to say "good-bye."

LouisaH-Definitely emotionally overcome with joy at the accomplishment and not as physically spent as I was concerned I might be. I still haven't decided if I will repeat the madness. It was amazing, but SO tough (training especially)! BTW, SO good to have you back! You did awesome keeping your weight in check on you trip!

NightAngel-I'm glad you came to vent. It far fewer calories than working it out by eating! LOL I absolutely know what you mean, though. Been there many times. I'm even struggling now to not overeat. Seems like I'm craving sweets everyday in a major way....so hard to resist!!!

dollypie-Good to see you again. I recognize your screen name. Here's to a fresh start!

layddi-I hope you find an exercise routine that works for you. Or maybe just find some activity you love...that counts as exercise too!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #59  

Location: On Planet Earth...I'm waiting for the Oxygen levels to go up on the other planet's before I move

S/C/G: 250/125/120

Thumbs up

Hey everyone I am OP. So far so good with my eatting habits but I am reluctant to get on the scale until friday because it makes me angry to see the scale go down one pound and then right back to normal the next day so I'm trying to space out how often I get on the scale.

TERAPET: I am sorry to hear about your dog I hope you are feeling better.
WinterJinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #60  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi,
Quick post for me tonight. I am alive, yesterday and today have been better than the weekend for sure, but not 100% OP yet.

Terapet: I am so sorry about your dog. My parent's dog recently died from an illness too and I know how hard it is. Enjoy whatever time you have left with him,

Ms. P.: I am so proud of you running all the way and that!

Will get to the rest of you tomorrow
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote