Old 10-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #151  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Candy, candy everywhere, the holiday season is really in swing now!

People are also baking their butts off, ahhhhhhhhhhhh...... I just want to hide in the bathroom at work so I don't have to look at it everywhere!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #152  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

So, I apologize for being MIA. I've not fallen off the wagon, I'm just not really online for any extended period lately. I'm still logging food. I'm still exercising. I was down to 229. Sunday's weigh in put me at 230. Boo. But, I suppose, still 7 lbs lighter than when I started.

I'm going to attempt personals now. Forgive me if I miss anyone, I'm going to go back a few pages.

Congrats on hitting your Oct. goal, JasonsLeigh! Fantastic!

MyMichelle
, way to go on 50 lbs lost. What a wonderful milestone! I hear you about the holiday baking too. I am one of those people. Baking is my happy place. There's nothing quite as relaxing to me as getting lost in a cookbook and creating something wonderful out of a few simple ingredients. I do, however, wait to bake until I'm sure I can pawn the majority of the goodies on someone else

Candy love
, how was zumba?

Congrats on your 4 lb loss, Marniadec. In spite of that mean ol' TOM.

Way to go on hitting your goal this month, starbrite! Keep it up!

Layddi, I don't like the scale either. Sometimes it can really sabotage my efforts. I weigh every few days, and my official day is Sunday.
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Congrats Starbrite & Marniadec on reaching goal. Way to go!

I am pretty much holding my own. Hopefully when I get used to my new schedule I will do better.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:29 PM   #154  
In love with...THE GYM!!

Terapet, I forgot to ask. How is the job going?
Old 10-22-2010, 05:44 AM   #155  
Just keep swimming...

I'm finally into the 150s today, yayayay! I'm so excited, I feel like writing the number on my forehead!

Layddi - I weigh every day and it definitely keeps me focused. It does take some time to get used to fluctuations!

Julie99 - You people and your awesome baking skills! It seems like I'm surrounded by people who are really excellent cooks and bakers, it definitely makes it harder to resist when everything looks so delicious. Plus, the people in my office really want me to at least try ONE of whatever it is they've made, and I can't do that. So I'm a big disappointment to them, lol!

Marniadec
- WOW! Congratulations, 11 pounds! That is just awesome!

Last edited by My Michelle; 10-22-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #156  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

October Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red

julie99s-Lose 10 lbs, Log food daily
Ms Perception-Lose 5 lbs, Don't eat within 2 hours of bedtime
Newshinyme-Make eating plan each week & stick to it, Stay accountable on the thread, Lose 5 lbs
mystical-Lose 6 lbs
Marniadec-Lose 10 lbs
CardboardCutoutCat-Lose 5 lbs
freethetoys-Get down to 1300 cal/day, Reach 168 lbs, Change eating habits and approach to dieting
susiemartin-Weigh daily, Reach 220 lbs
TERAPET-Reach 139 lbs
2Bees-Lose 5 lbs
layddi-Lose 12 lbs
fld20-Lose 5 lbs
dcapulet-Lose 5 lbs
raznt-Lose 10 lbs, Stay on plan
My Michelle-Eat totally clean, Lose 8 lbs
ma26-Reach 161.4 lbs
VickieLou-Lose 10 lbs
starbrite-Lose 10 lbs
NightAngel26-Lose 15 lbs
luckymommy- Lose 10 lbs
RevampingSoul- Lose 10 lbs, Drink 64 oz water daily
AngelD-Lose 10 lbs
annputation-Lose 10 lbs
WinterJinx- Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea-Lose 5 lbs
excitedtolose-Lose 10-15 lbs
LouisaH-Lose 5.6 lbs/Reach 147
dollypie-Lose 8 lbs
pinkflower-Lose 6 lbs/Weigh 145 or less
candy love-Get out of the 200's, Stay under 1300 cals/day, Drink 6 glasses of water (or other approved beverage) daily, Only eat btw 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
Rosinante-Lose 7 lbs
lindalee9-Lose 7 lbs
Lewisempire-Log food daily, Lose 5 lbs

Last edited by Ms Perception; 10-22-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:54 PM   #157  
Back at it...again!

Excellent job, ladies! I love seeing RED on the goal list!!

I am trying to stay sane with food today. I can SO relate to those who were talking about both this time of year (and all the related temptations) and just having those days when you eat well in the morning and then you eat one bad thing at lunch and it snowballs! INSANITY!!! I'm hoping to hop off the Insane Train. It makes far too many stops at my house lately! LOL For the record, I am up 2.4 pounds for the month. Dang it! Walk away from the baked goods, Jessica (that's me ), and no one will get hurt!!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 10-22-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #158  
In love with...THE GYM!!

I can't tell you how many times I have to stop and tell myself the food isn't going anywhere, it won't get up and walk away, when I'm on the verge of binging. It works sometimes. Those days I eat one not so friendly thing and figure I screwed it all up so I may as well send the day out with a bang suck. They're called weekends around here. You'd think with a Sunday weigh in, I'd behave! Oh well. Still a work in progress.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #159  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks! I guess that's the upside about being over 200 pounds. I'm kinda dreading getting smaller. I don't even want to imagine how it will be when the weight loss process will slow down. But it's so awesome to see my new clothes getting big already! I fit comfortably into my size L t-shirt, even with an other shirt underneath and I need a belt for my dress! Also, I have to go to my parents' house for 2 weeks. Boo! I better not decide to ~just maintain~ while I'm there! I'm 13 days ahead of schedule and I'd like for it to stay that way!

It must be so hard to have a holiday season that lasts this long! But Halloween is so awesome! I think I might like it more than I like Easter and I don't even celebrate it! I don't have to worry until late December. Then I get to cry inconsollably over the most delicious cookies ever and their 340 cals a piece.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:23 PM   #160  
Back at it...again!

Holy cow, Marniadec. What kind of cookies are those? My worst at Christmas is going to my grandma's because I swear she dips EVERYTHING in sight in chocolate. It is amazing!!! Her treat table at Christmas is a small version of the banquet table in heaven, I think. I literally got sick from eating too much of it last year. It was so hard to stop, though. LOL
Old 10-23-2010, 07:26 AM   #161  

Hi Girls,

I feel for you ladies having to face the treats at work and such. That is hard. I find it far easier not to be anywhere near the vicinity of yummy treats. However if I am around it my strategy is just to tell myself it is not for me, that it "belongs" to other people. I suppose that strategy might crumble under the pressure of the givers trying to convince you that just one won't hurt anything. I know for myself though that I cannot stop at one.

Marniadec-I am curious too. What kind of cookie has 350 calories? Is it due to the size, like a Panera Bread cookie?

julie99-I love going to work again. It was kinda hard to be happy with losing Jingle at the same time but I have accepted his passing now so I feel like it is okay to be happy again. (I know that sounds weird but I loved that dog like crazy.) Anyway, the job is a mixed bag. A little bit of out of the frying pan and into the fire. It is another small business and it turns out they are not doing so hot. The owner is waiting for some events to take place that will ensure the future of the company but all that remains to be seen but is very possibly going to happen. In the meantime I have a real paycheck for a while anyway. My husband wants me to look for another job already but I rather like what I am doing and who I work with so I told him I wanted to wait at least until the new year. There is also this other matter of a domestic violence issue with the woman I work with but that is another story. I don't know what to think about that.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #162  
Just keep swimming...

Terapet, you are SO close to your goal That is so exciting! I'm glad you are enjoying your new job -- but when you say domestic violence issue with a woman you work with, do you mean she is violent at work, or that she is experiencing violence in her home?

MsP - Your gramma's holiday table does sound seriously like heaven!

A 350-calorie cookie makes me have an irregular heartbeat. I can easily imagine cookies that are even more calories than that, my friend makes peanut butter fudge cookies at the holidays, and they are even iced on top of that, they must be some ridiculously high calorie number.

Last edited by My Michelle; 10-23-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #163  

Fudge with frosting-Oh my! That would definitely up the calories.

My co-worker has an ex boyfriend who she convinced to leave about four months ago but still talks to him on a daily basis. I have only known her a short while so I don't know that much about the situation but what she told me was scary to me. I gave her the number to a domestic violence hot line and then she stopped talking about it.

Last edited by TERAPET; 10-23-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #164  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

OMG, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING CURIOUS! My mom had read it in a book that she had bought in the 80's. I don't know why it hadn't occured to me to google it the moment I started realizing that that book seems to be off a lot. I did today and they only have 108 calories! Seriously, the first thing I thought when I decided to lose weight was that I won't have them on Christmas. I've been mourning them since April. I really, really like them, can you tell?

MsP, pastry shops started dipping everything in darkish chocolate a few years ago. Most greek desserts have syrup and it is so weird! I really don't know why they feel the need to do that... They taste good, but it seems like overkill to me.

TERAPET, that does seem scary. Hopefully she got some help when she called the hotline!
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #165  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Check In Time

ONE WORD - Candy
I can't stay out of it. I'm not really gaining or losing by the week...just staying about the same

This happens most years. I really need to shower in some
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote