yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

Starting weight: 170
Week 1: 166.2 (5-6-2010)
Week 2: 168.6 (5-13-2010)
Week 3: 167.6 (5-20-2010)
Week 4: (5-27-2010)

well, i'm back down a pound from last week but still not back down to 166.2. i'm so frustrated. hopefullythings will turn around this coming week. i've been eating OP. i just havent exercised all this week because of my legs being so sore and tight. must exercise tonight. hope everyone is doing good.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:47 PM   #212  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi Chicklets, I'm sorry not to do personals again, the tub is calling, and I'm dangerously close to the kitchen where I sit right now. I had an especially bad carb binge today. I'm finding that my three days at work (the other days I work from home) are a total disaster unless I make a big salad before someone else starts something for lunch. It's just tough because we're all busy, and we take turns preparing food. Everyone is supportive of my weight loss program, but sometimes we have food we need to cook or throw away, so we cook it. We also serve snack during food pickups (it's a combined CSA where we source local foods for members), and we often put out bread and peanut butter or other easy finger food stuff. I was hungry and I couldn't stop. It was awful(ly good)! I'm not really hungry, but still would like some dinner and haven't had any greens today--argh! I barely went over my cals for the day, but I haven't had a day without veggies in I don't know how long (I did have fresh strawberries). I need this weekend for detox from the carb-sugar-fat evil trio.

I'm still exercising daily and am down to 172 today, but I probably don't have a prayer of reaching 166.4 by the end of the month; especially not at this rate. Maybe I should be glad that it took five and a half months before I jumped off the wagon, and that I'm still running alongside it, rather than away from it. Tomorrow is another day.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #213  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Hey, ladies! I hope everyone has had a wonderful week! I have officially brought my lunch to work every day this week, and I think that now that I'm in the habit, it will be easy to do it next week too... If I last till next Friday (which I will) that goal will be met.

Weightwise, I'm at 138.0 this month. The pounds were slow coming off, so I doubt that I will be able to meet a goal of 134 in a healthy manner by the end of the month, but I'm just happy to see them coming off again, and am going to make extra efforts for next month.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:34 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Hmmm...

well, I'm not getting much budging from here and I've been so amazingly hungry. There's not much left that I care for that isin't calorie loaded either. I think maybe I need to detox tomorrow... and get some batteries for my mp3 player...I think the motivation to exercise ran away! I'm also procrastinating on my boring final that has to be done over the next couple of days, and I think the stress of it makes me wanna eat everything.

Maybe I just need a kick in the tail!

I hope yall are doing well. I see there's some progress going on and some sickness...hope it gets better! I just got past my TOM but it didn't leave me much to hope for for goal. I really would like to mark 200 by my birthday but I don't see it happening.

Last edited by NightAngel26; 05-21-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #215  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Check In Time
I've been so busy today that this is the first I've had a chance to really sit down.

I worked outdoors all day and had a 100% OP day.
Until tomorrow .....good night!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:42 PM   #216  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I'm totally on board with a detox. I've been eating junk again! What the heck?!? Why can't I stay on plan this month??????
Old 05-21-2010, 11:55 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 198.6/148/120

Hopeful8 & Onestar:

Can stress affect our weight loss if we eat on plan and exercise? This week I have been doing everything right but I have lost a lot of less than in previous weeks. The only different things were stress from my future trip and from my husband surgery. I did not eat anything out of plan so I do not know if stress anyway can affect how our bodies burn and store calories.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:59 AM   #218  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Check In Time
Rainy morning here

I'm looking forward to another OP day. I think my weight is up from the last time I weighed myself. I was doing a lot of stress eating last weekend & Monday & Tuesday. I guess I'll know on Sunday (my weigh in day).

I'm so glad I choose 8lbs. as a goal for this month. If I'm up a little from my goal there is still another 10 days in the month.

Daily check in's are helping to keep me focused.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #219  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

MsP: There's some sort of black hole in the atmosphere sucking us into the snack vortex! I have been fantasizing about food all day, just watching the clock until it's late enough for a cocktail and to start dinner. Sooo close...

aluxa: I'm sure stress can slow down weight loss. It can also cause cancer, high blood pressure and other evil disease and illness, so cut it out! Seriously, what positive thing can it bring to your trip home? Try to pinpoint the things that are making you stressed and tackle them one at a time. If it's your expectations, that is totally something you have the power to change! Good luck with it, and sorry it's distressing you.

I'm feeling better about the bread-binge desire, but the sweets are still calling me. It doesn't help that there is a lot of sugar in my house right now, and that I intend to eat it, just not all at once. I did go buy gum and sunflower seeds to help give my mouth something to do. I'm down a pound today, so I'm pretty sure I didn't do myself in, but man did I feel totally out of control. I do not like that feeling!

Hope everyone is enjoying this lovely weekend.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:48 PM   #220  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Aluxa- Stress can definitely play a huge roll in weight loss. You may also be slowing down, you're out of the initial huge loss faze and your body may just be getting used to the new way of life. I know that I'm going through that exact thing right now. I used to easily drop 5lbs a week, now I'm down to 1.5-2lbs per week. Have you changed up your workout lately? Maybe your muscles just need a good swift kick to get them recharged and burning again.

Last edited by Hopeful8; 05-22-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:51 PM   #221  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

SW- 169.8
GW- 159.8

1st- 169.8
8th- 167.8
15th- 167.4
22nd- 165.4
29th-
31st-

If I don't see some type of woosh, I'm never going to make my goal for the month

Last edited by Hopeful8; 05-22-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #222  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Oh my goodness! I am so embarassed to admit I have been eating so poorly. I'm up a couple pounds and am not even in the ball park of reaching my goal at this point. As of now, I am hopping back on the wagon and I'm ready to finish the month well. Can someone give me a hand back up please?! LOL
Old 05-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #223  

Default hmmm...

Lola: When's your birthday? Do you have a goal for your bday?

Ms Perception: Are you feeling better? It's hard to stay OP when you're sick, it just drains of the want to do much of anything.

eclipse: I'm sure garden work burns a lot of calories, and it must be nice to just get outside anyway....

onestar: You should see progress soon. It's hard when not exercising...I just got off a 3 week spin from exercise.... it shows.

LouisaH: Yeah behaving at work seems hard. I'm starting a new job soon I guess, and I think it's hard not to eat things when you stare at them all day!

bama girl: WOOT for bringing lunch with you. It certainly helps keep on track doesn't it?

susiemartin: WOOT for being OP... boy it's hard sometimes... good job!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:12 AM   #224  

Default ok...

So.... I'm slowly starting to exercise, I've managed 15 min a day now... trying not to burn out my willingness to do it...I'm eating better, but not great... still I have lost some weight...it could have been water weight from TOM but I'm happy to see progress. I MUST finish my paper today, and when I'm done I'm sure I'll be less stressed.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #225  
ISO my perfect body

Hi To my friends at "May Weightloss challenge",
I know I have been MIA for sooooooo long. I have been struggling to get back on plan, for most of the spring. It has been rainy, and cloudy alot, and I think it just did a number on me. Every morning I have the same dang conversation with myself, but then get easily derailed during the day. UGHH!
today, I decided to start doing what I did last year, and check in on this thread. YAY, there are some people I know that helped me to be successful last year, so this will be a good place to start. Thanks for hanging in there girls!
My goal for Now til the end of May is to lose 3 pounds. (MsP can you please add me to the list)
I have been loggin my food for 4 days now, good/bad/or ugly. I know how to do this, I just need to make my stubborn self do it. Ok, so much for Blah, Blah, Blah!

I also wanted to say A great BIG HELLO to all my buddies here, and I hope to get to know all the newer posters here! Let's be successful!!!!!
Closed Thread