3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 05:32 PM   #91

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Lisa4t

you can do it!!! I know how it feels to be tough on the weight change and then go back to the same ole same. I am on week 6 of a lifestyle change and it is tough. But you can do it. This is the best place for support!!! I have lunch or dinner with this site almost everyday. It gives me inspiration to keep on my plan (high pro/low carb). Good luck!!!

I'll be a cheerleader for you!!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:02 PM   #92

Height: 6'1

I have been in a rut this month. I lost 3lbs the first week of Sept, so I thought it would be smooth sailing for the rest of this month, but its been so tough. I keep going up and down the same 1-2 lbs, and dipping no lower than 247. So unless something miraculous happens, I am not dropping to 240 like I had hoped. Plus on top of that, going on a mini vacation to Seattle this Thurs for a few days. We are staying with a friend. At best, I think I will able to maintain. Ugh.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #93
slowNsteady wins the race

S/C/G: 191/ticker/145

Height: 5'-4"

Starting weight: 169
----
9/8/09: 169
9/15/09: 167.4
9/22/09: 167.0
----
Goal weight: 159

Only down 0.4 this week, 3.2 total in the 3 weeks of the challenge, which is an okay rate. I feel like my body really wants to break into the 166s, so next week should hopefully involve a nice loss.

Doing Weight Watchers using WWDiary on my Android Phone
C25K Graduate - 6-20-09. 5k PR time - 37:59 10k PR time - 1:20:12

Next Mini-Goal: 169.9 lbs
Old 09-23-2009, 10:52 AM   #94

Lisa - a new playlist is always a good motivator. I just bought some new music from itunes and am enjoying it.

Rocketbunny - slow and steady wins the race. You're doing well!

Jellofer - I am also trying to limit carbs and balance them with protein. This morning I had two whole grain waffles with almond butter, and a glass of skim milk for breakfast. What are some of your fave higher protein lower carb snacks/meals?

Shasha - do your best to keep up good habits and it will come off in time. Make a plan for your mini-vacation - like deciding if/how/when you will splurge, packing healthy snacks, that kind of thing, so you can do your best to stay on track.

Well, after my lunch at DQ yesterday, I was afraid to step on the scale this morning (yes, I am a daily weigher, I feel like it helps with my accountability) since I thought all the salt would make for a much higher number, but happily I was only up .4 from yesterday which is a much smaller amount than I had expected. So I am hopeful that I can maintain 210 for my Monday weigh-in, or even get into the 209 range if I am disciplined on my eating habits. I have been a bit tired and under the weather this week so I don't have the energy to exercise, so need to focus entirely on good eating for the time being.
Second Mini-goal: onederland (ACHIEVED 5/8/10)
Third Mini-goal: 191 (BMI under 30)
GOAL (for now): 175

5k PR: 31:12 (first 5k race 4/19/10)
1 mile PR: 8:30
Old 09-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #95

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the new members! We have a great group going here, so join right in!

Rocketbunny - A loss is a loss! You'll be seeing 166 in no time!

Shasha - Ugh, ruts are SO frustrating. A few pounds up and down, up and down, it drives me crazy! Maybe try to step up your exercise a bit. What's your current routine now? You could try somethign new to spice things up, like a cool new class or workout dvd or something. And if you can maintain, that's a great step, so try not to get down on yourself and just keep up the good work!

Blueridge - Good job trying to get the healthiest thing at DQ. I can't imagine there were too many great options! Everyone has those days though, so don't worry about it. The scale will come right down after a day or two on track! Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling too well. Hope you feel better soon!

My week so far has been pretty good calorie-wise, though I've really had to fight hard to conceal those urges to eat, eat, eat. I know TOM is coming in a day or two, so maybe that's it, I don't know. Also, I was thinking it would be good for me to do 1 or 2 weekly check-ins because I always lose weight during the week and then gain it all back over the weekend, so if you all see that I CAN be at a lower weight, maybe you'll kick my butt if it's higher on Monday due to my sloppy weekend eating. So....today I weighed in at 135.8! It may go up a little here and there, but I'm hoping to be at this weight or lower on Monday, so please feel free to yell at me if I'm not!

Keep at it everyone!

Nothing worthwhile in life is easy!

Races:
Santa Monica 10K (10/11/09) - 58:57
LA Cancer Challenge 10K (10/25/09) - 56:41
Gobble Wobble 10K (11/28/09) - 58:30
Surf City Half Marathon (2/7/10) - 2:15
Old 09-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #96
A Mom on a Mission!

S/C/G: 162/143/130

Height: 5'3

Taking Charge-you are getting so close to your goal--Congrats! Good luck with your weekend.

Yesterday I discovered the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred workouts--they are actually free videos on my cable On Demand channel. There are 3 levels (I started with level 1), and they incorporate strength, cardio, and abs in a 20 minute intense workout. I plan to do extra cardio on days when I have the time, but I figure I can find 20 minutes everyday, so no excuses!
Old 09-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #97

I am a 30 day shred fan - don't do it every day, but it's a great resource to squeeze a work out in when you don't have much time. Let me know how it goes for you!

Old 09-23-2009, 05:56 PM   #98

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to all the losers and big hugs of sympathy to those stuck in ruts!

Blueridge - any songs you'd recommend?

Belated check in from me this week - I was 169 on Monday and right on track this week. Am shooting for 168 for this coming Monday and since I'm traveling all week, it's going to be tough. Got in a good run this morning on the hotel treadmill though. Am going to try to repeat that tomorrow. Will write more later this weekend when I'm back home...
Old 09-24-2009, 06:14 PM   #99

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Blueridge

I am on a very high protein (130 grams/day) and very low carb (20-30 grams/day) program. Like atkins. I eat 4-5 meals per day. Some of my favorite snacks are salami and cheese. As for low carb snacks. I really don't have any. I see my doctor again on Friday and will be introduced to some low carb (<15 grams) per serving snacks which are high in protein. So we shall see. I know that Berries are a good snack with a low carb number but the serving size is also very small. That is why I eat 4-5 times/day. I aim for about 30 grams of protein per meal. The body can only procress that much at a time. So if I have more than that it is a waste. I am also a good measurer and drink about 4 liters of water per day. I hope that helps.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #100

jellofer2 - interesting to hear about your plan - thanks for sharing! I have a hard time getting enough lean protein in during the day without adding a lot of saturated fat. And chicken gets a bit boring after a while. Would be curious to hear if you have any suggestions. Good for you for making it work!!
Old 09-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #101
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

dancer - way to go for making it to the 160s!!! Great job! You are doing awesome even though you're away from home..that's some dedication!

Just a quick check in for me this morning... another busy day at work.

SW: 165
CW: 163
GW: 150

A loss of a pound this week.. I will so take it after struggling the past few weeks!

My very long goal story w/ photos!!
Old 09-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #102

blueridge - what new songs did you get? I could use some updates to my ipod.

fatpants - congrats on the continued losses!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #103
A Mom on a Mission!

S/C/G: 162/143/130

Height: 5'3

I am so upset at myself--I completely ditched my plan today! Breakfast was fine, but then I gave into my Qdoba craving at lunch (although I did it a lot healthier than I used to). My baby was crying non-stop all afternoon, and I couldn't seem to comfort her and was completely stressed out by it. As a last resort I put her in her car seat and went for a drive, which worked (she loves car rides). I had had such a rough afternoon that I decided it would be OK to get a milk shake from the drive thru! What was I thinking--I didn't even enjoy it! I had been having a pretty good week up until today, and I'm hoping I can bounce right back tomorrow. It will be tough though because we are going out of town to visit family.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #104

Dancer - way to go with keeping on track while on vacation. From itunes I purchased "mambo # 5" "murder she wrote" (the reggae song - usually not my style but it has a beat which gets me moving) "standing outside the fire" by garth brooks (again, I don't usually like country but that one works for me somehow) and "Sway" by Michael Buble, a big-band old school cha cha. So a really random collection of songs, but all upbeat ones that keep me moving on the treadmill.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to to enjoy them this week - as I mentioned I've been feeling under the weather and just found out why. I have a virus that is spread by ticks - kind of like lyme disease. It's a virus, and it's not serious, just something that has to run its course over a week or so. Pretty much my only symptom at this point is fatigue, but it means I haven't worked out all week because I seriously don't have the energy - unfortunately, my appetite hasn't decreased! So probably won't have lost this week, but really what can I do? But the dr. said that I should feel better every day and that this shouldn't last more than 7-10 days, and I've already had it for something like 6 days, so hopefully this is wrapping itself up.

Jellofer - wow, you are way more hard-core than me on the carb thing, I'm just trying to balance my carbs w/ protein (a la the insulin resistance diet). I have a tradition of saturday morning pancakes and am trying to make that less carby and more protein and fiber based. I bought soy flour this week so I'm going to use that along with oat flour (put oatmeal in the blender, and voila, oat flour!) for tomorrow's pancakes. Definitely more in line with my goals than white flour or regular pancake mix - we'll see how it tastes!

turning30 - tomorrow is a new day, and another chance to make good choices!

Old 09-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #105

S/C/G: 176/ticker/145

Height: 5' 2"

Hi all!

Sorry I've been so MIA all month - but it's been a crazy busy time for me. I look forward to trying to get back more in the swing of checking and contributing to the thread over the next few weeks.

I have been SO busy that I didn't post last week, but I was thrilled to be at 165. I weighted in the night after a U2 concert where I pretty much jumped up and down for 4 straight hours, so I wasn't surprised to see a loss. Even after 4 hours of tailgating

Hopefully the job hunt (for next summer -- I'm law school) will be winding down later this week which will free up a ton more time!

Congrats to all on your successes!

kp

9/14, 166, 167
9/21, 165, 165
9/28, 164
10/5, 162
10/12, 161
10/19, 160
10/26, 159
11/2, 158 (10% overall goal)
11/9, 157
11/16, 156