3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #31

Height: 6'1

Dancer- I have a Tanita and I LOVE it! It also measures body fat, but on a scale I have heard that there can be like a +/- 5% error on that. But my scale goes in .2 lb increments.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #32
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

blueridge- good advice on the plateau. I've also been researching today about how to bust through mine... exercising HARD since Sunday and still hanging around 165 this morning. This may actually be the first week since I've started this journey that I haven't lost any weight!

My very long goal story w/ photos!!
Old 09-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #33

fatpants - if it's only one week, I wouldn't worry to much. It's only if it stretches into several weeks that you know your body has left 'weight loss' mode and gone into 'maintenance' mode. Keep up the great work - try limiting salt/processed food so you aren't dealing with water weight, and that might make the numbers on the scale a bit happier.

Dancer - I have two scales since I kind of live two different places (long story...) and I find that they both vary. I usually weigh myself a few times in a row to figure out what the scale's 'consensus' is. But it's kind of a pain. Would be nice to find one that is more consistent.
Second Mini-goal: onederland (ACHIEVED 5/8/10)
Third Mini-goal: 191 (BMI under 30)
GOAL (for now): 175

5k PR: 31:12 (first 5k race 4/19/10)
1 mile PR: 8:30
Old 09-10-2009, 04:52 PM   #34

S/C/G: 264.2/189/150

Height: 5'8"

UGH, I found out today that I have tendinitis. My doctor said no more walking. He wants me to stay off my feet as much as possible. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if I can ride my exercise bike.

Also, my boyfriend's birthday is today, so I'm worried about eating healthy tonight!

From November 13, 2009
Old 09-10-2009, 05:56 PM   #35

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Cinci - so sorry to hear about the tendonitis - doesn't exactly help with the workout plan, does it? Is your doc having you ice it?

Thanks for the scale info - still deciding what to do but a Tanita may be the way to go. Surprisingly pricey for a scale but since the last time I bought one was 20 yrs ago, I guess I'm a bit behind the technology
Old 09-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #36
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Ticker/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Ok, little intro for those who don't know me and catch up for the time Ive been gone. I am a chemical engineering student at UF. I LOVE gator football (have season tickets) and played rugby for uf until I broke my leg in late Feb. I had surgury in early march. I did physical therapy until all summer and am now just getting back into running. I am in the middle of week5 c25k. I have been eating about 1200 cal each day, but I think I am going to raise that because I am working out 40-60 min 5days a week and Im not losing any weight. My mini goal is to be at 161 by halloween, so I will set this Thanksgiving goal to be in the 150s. If I get there sooner, then I will adjust it.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #37
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Welcome, gatorgirl! Glad to hear your leg is holding up. I also recently raised my calories after not losing any weight (was also around 1200/day) and it definitely helped.

Fridays are my official weigh ins, so here is my first one!

SW: 165.6
CW: 164.6
GW: 150

So glad I eeked out a pound lost this week... it wasn't looking like I would! Dieting is such a guessing game...something works for awhile but then it stops working, so you have to figure out what will work next. I think my 10k training has me working excessively harder so I upped my cals to 1300 and dropped a lb.

Guess my body likes fuel or something.

My very long goal story w/ photos!!

Last edited by Fat Pants; 09-11-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #38

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Ok, I am throwing my hat in the ring for this one!!!

My name is Jennifer and i live in the suburbs of Chicago. My heighest weight ever was 280. My final goal is 175. I have yo yo dieted and have had little success. I did atkins 9 years ago for my wedding and lost 40 pounds, but then over the years I have found it plus 40 more.

I have not wanted to be in photos. My weight has been limiting to me socially and physically. So then I might my doctor and he has been going through the same things. Did some lab work and bam!!!! On my way to diabetes land if I don't watch it. So with his direction and some basic atkins knowledge I am on my way to that 175. A place that I haven't been in 16 years. But, I want to have children and want to feel good. so, I am all in!!!

SW 260
CW 260
GW 238

Look out size 16 here I come!!!

Have a great week everyone!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 03:53 PM   #39

Jennifer - welcome, glad to have you with us.

Fatpants - congrats on the loss.

Cinci- sorry about the tendonitis! Is swimming an option for you? That's easier on the body than most exercise.

Gator - now that I'm keeping track of cals, I appreciate how low 1200 cals is! Hope that upping it is helpful to you in weight loss.

Busy day at work but just wanted to check in and share that I've been on plan and keeping track on fitday. Calories are coming out to around 1500-1600 a day, with which exercise should calculate to weight loss based on the research I've done. But we'll tweak it and see. Anyway, the daily weigh ins have been going well so I'm hoping by Sunday I'll be at my goal of 210, or at least below 211 (and, yes, 210.8 would TOTALLY count to me...) to bust the plateau.

Have a great weekend! If the weather where you are is as beautiful as it is here, then I hope you get out and enjoy it!
Second Mini-goal: onederland (ACHIEVED 5/8/10)
Third Mini-goal: 191 (BMI under 30)
GOAL (for now): 175

5k PR: 31:12 (first 5k race 4/19/10)
1 mile PR: 8:30
Old 09-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #40

S/C/G: 176/ticker/145

Height: 5' 2"

Default Goal setting

Hi girls,

Sorry to just be catching up and contributing to the new thread now. As some of you know, I've just started my 2nd year of law school. It is absolutely kicking me in the butt. I've been out straight trying to keep up on my work. I'm not stressed exactly, but just busy. It's been very hard to try to fit in the workouts. My preferred system is to work out at the end of the day "after work," but I think I'm going to have to tinker with that a bit and start going in before school on the days when I don't have class until later. That's the plan for next week.

So the semester's going to be a rough one, but I'm going to try to hang in there. I'm psyched to have this challenge going on so taht I can have some focus and accountability! My goal is to be at 155 by thanksgiving, which is just about a pound a week. I'm going to weigh in on Mondays, like the last challenge.

I'm already finding myself falling back into some of my old bad school habits....can you say potato chips as comfort food? But on the flip side, I've been pretty good about cooking on Sunday so that I've got some healthy meals to carry me through the week.

Great to see all the new faces on the thread! I hope you all have a great weekend! See you on Monday for weigh in.

kpme
Old 09-12-2009, 12:31 PM   #41

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Jennifer - Welcome! You seem to have a lot of great reasons for wanting to get healthy and this is such a great forum for support! I'm looking forward to hearing more about you!

Cinci - Tendonitis? Ouch! I'm sorry! I'm sure there are at least some exercises you can do, but you don't wanna push it too hard, so be careful. Hope your bf's bday went well!

FatPants - Congrats on your loss! 1lb is awesome, especially if you've been stalling for a little while. You're moving in the right direction! I'm glad you're eating a little more also. You're doing a lot of running and your body needs fuel, but not TOO much (I overdid it a bit when I increased my running, if you remember, so it's a balance!). Good luck this weekend!!!

Kpme - Good to see you! If you go back and read some of my posts in the last thread from the beginning of August (when I first started school), they sound EXACTLY like your last post. I was having a tremendously difficult time adjusting after a summer of having all the time in the word to cook, exercise, grocery shop, plan, etc. and then all of a sudden everything changes! It was hard and I struggled A LOT, but to give you some hope, I think I've made it through to the other side! I wake up a couple mornings a week to run and other days have an exercise class or some set time to work out so I fit it in. With food, I prepare all of my salads for lunch on Sundays and then throw in some fruit into my lunch bag the night before. I cook dinner on Sundays and then maybe Wed (the day I have the most free time). I have basically 3 choices for breakfast, snacks, and dinner that I alternate so I never have to think about it too much. But the stress eating is the hardest thing I've had to deal with and to be honest, I don't think that'll ever go away. It's just a matter of literally saying to yourself "How will this make me feel after I eat it? Better? Worse?". My treat on stressful days is a big nonfat latte and that's just as satisfying as a cookie or chips and won't make me feel crappy all day. I know it's hard and you'll have slip ups, but just accept that, move on and you'll only get stronger.

Such a long post, sorry! See you Monday for the weigh in!

Nothing worthwhile in life is easy!

Races:
Santa Monica 10K (10/11/09) - 58:57
LA Cancer Challenge 10K (10/25/09) - 56:41
Gobble Wobble 10K (11/28/09) - 58:30
Surf City Half Marathon (2/7/10) - 2:15
Old 09-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #42
waisting away

My scale just might drive me crazy! I weigh in everyday. It has never been a problem before. I know that fluxuations from day to day are normal and I never let the get to me, but there is always a balance of up one day and the down the next. My scale seems to be stuck going in one direction. The wrong one. This morning I weighed in at 175. I haven't weighed that much in months. That is up from last sunday at 171. I am eating right ( recently uped my calories from 1200 to 1400 because of this abnormal weight gain. Its been here for a week today) and exercising hard atleast 4 days a week. I know that a little of this is water gain because I over did the sodium a little yesterday, but the majority of it has been lingering for a week now. When it started (last sunday) I went from 170.6 to 174.6 overnight. I thought it would go away, but it stayed. Anyone have any ideas? I need help. I need this weight off!

Old 09-13-2009, 05:29 PM   #43

S/C/G: 323.5/278.6/160

Height: 5'6''

I had a great week but that was basically getting rid of the weight I gained while off plan camping last weekend. I doubt I will repeat this loss in a week again!

SW: 236.8
GW: 214.8
9/13 - 230.8 (-6 )
9/20 -
9/27 -
10/4 -
10/11 -
10/18 -
10/25 -
11/1 -
11/8 -
11/15 -
11/22 -
11/26 -

Restarting on October 19, 2016
A1C 5.8 - pre-diabetic (October 18th)... (gotta stop that from going up!!)

GOALS:
1) Break out of the 300s - (November 6th and December 8th...) YAY!!!!
2) 291.15 (32.35 pounds) - 10% of weight lost (February 1st 2017!)
3) 258.80 (64.70 pounds) - 20% of weight lost
4) 226.45 (97.05 pounds) - 30% of weight lost
5) 194.10 (129.4 pounds) - 40% of weight lost
6) 161.45 (161.45 pounds) - 50% of weight lost
Old 09-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #44

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Gator - Sorry you're struggling! Was there a reason for the initial 4 pound gain? Maybe a few extra bites of something or not tracking your calories quite as well? It could be due to stress (if you're stressed) or the heat or maybe you veered off plan just a tiny bit and your body overreacted. I wouldn't worry too much (easier said than done, I know), but just be super anal about tracking your food, cut out sodium, drink a ton of water, eat very cleanly, and maybe up your workouts just a little bit, and try to be patient. I would say one good week will show you a big loss. Your body will catch up to all the good work you're putting in, even if it takes a little time, so don't worry!

Econ nerd - Great loss this week! It's always nice to get back down after you've gained a few, so keep up the good work!

Nothing worthwhile in life is easy!

Races:
Santa Monica 10K (10/11/09) - 58:57
LA Cancer Challenge 10K (10/25/09) - 56:41
Gobble Wobble 10K (11/28/09) - 58:30
Surf City Half Marathon (2/7/10) - 2:15
Old 09-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #45
waisting away

Takingcharge- I dont know of the reason, but it seems that I will just have to move on. I have decided to not weigh again till friday. It will be tough, but I think it will keep my mind in the right place. This process is not about the numbers. I am going to spend this week focusing on staying in calories and active. Monday-Friday seems like a good short time to focus on. I am going to the gym all 5 days. I am going to drink at least 3 liters of water (which is 1 liter more than Im drinking now) and restrict myself to certain 'good' foods. I will write out the next days meal plan the night before and stick to that plan.

Hopefully this will help.

Closed Thread