Old 09-15-2009, 10:59 PM   #466  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Dance!

Good news on the hubby job hunt. He has a 2nd interview tomorrow. If all goes well, he will have to fly to San Antonio for a face-to-face interview. Keep your fingers, toes, eyes, etc crossed! And, he has another face-to-face at a different company on Friday. Hopefully something good will come out of one of them!

Back from the gym...sweated by butt off. The dreaded stair climber, went to level 4 instead of 3 to push myself. Wow, did that make a difference. Then I had the elliptical for about 15. Feeling good, but tired.

Tomorrow is a busy day. I have to work, get my hair cut, come home for dinner and family time, then back out to the gym, then shower and bed. No rest for the wicked I guess.

Good night!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #467  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning, ladies! I'm off to a class for the next three days so I won't be around during the day. The scale this morning looked like it was dipping below 170 but I'm not going to change my ticker unless I see the same thing tomorrow . Have a good one, all!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #468  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Morning ladies..

Maddiesmom - wow, kudos on the size change thats awesome! And I am, I am keeping everything crosses, lol...I really hope this works in his favor, especially with the holidays apporaching, Im sure it will be a great help. Anyway, dont let TOM get to you too much, we all have out moments. It sounds like you are so controlled with it, more so that me, thats for sure, lol.

Stacie - thanks for the confidence booster. I completely agree with the way people treat you. Even at work now, Im not even looking for a job, yet, since I lost 50 pounds people who I have always worked with are nicer to me, respect me more, heck...guys will hold the elevator if Im 15 feet away, lol...so, I understand and can relate. And your right, I should vasque in my moment of glory. Ok...so your doing good with food and exercise, lets not burn yourself out. Baby steps. I didnt start doing the gym 5 days a week right off the bat. At first I started with 3 days, then I built myself up. And at first it was only 30 minutes, then 45, now an hour. You'll get there! I cant wait to see the before and afters.

Dance- Have fun with your training, I cant wait to see what your ticker says, you kinda left me in suspense because you didnt say WHAT the scale said. If you wanted to really make it exciting, you could wait till Sunday, idk...its kinda hard though when you hit a new milestone. Anyway - heres hoping you get the same reading tomorrow. Good luck!

Not too much to report on today. Ive been really lazy lately and not wanting to go to the gym. I am, I havent stopped but its just getting harder to go. Im not sure what thats all about, I have been going to bed a little later, maybe that has something to do with it? But im still average 7.5-8 hours a night so it shouldnt. Idk...we'll see.

Ok, Ill check in later. Have a good day everyone!
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #469  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Hey girls! So..I'm just having a lazy day. Don't feel like doing much. I need to go to the grocery store though. I guess I better get moving. Oh and I got a call from my husband on saturday! I forgot to tell you guys! It was sooo good. I never knew I could get so excited from a phone call or a letter. I was really worried about saving the majority of his checks. He told me not to stress about it and to buy myself something. So...I went shopping the past 2 days and got some really cute outfits.. as I'm growing out of everything else=) I can't wait to surprise him at grad day. I wonder what I should wear!! Big decision! Hmm...
I'll catch up more later. Bye!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 09-16-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #470  

BLAH!!! I am feeling tired, lethargic and not wanting to do a darn thing today. When I get home I have to book it to Gabriella's soccer practice and then come home and finish clothes that have been int he dryer and "dewrinkled" about 5 times. When really, for whatever reason today, I want to just go to bed and sleep until tomorrow morning. Im ok food wise, just not sure whats going on with my funk.

Ill try to check in later, I hope everyone else is having a great day. Take care.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #471  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi chickadees

Man, I have been trying to write this for two hours! People just can't stop bugging me at work - lol - I guess I should be working though!

Well, I am still trucking along well. I didn't go to Yoga as I decided I needed to cook more food to get me through the week so I spent the night cooking salmon, chicken, rice, etc and I never even picked at it - now if it would have been cupcakes that might have been a little different!! Today is my day off in the gym and I really had to convince myself not to go. Good but also bad because once I set my mind on something, it's full boar until burnout. But like I said and upon the advice of you wonderful ladies, I am trying to take it a bit slower so I can get my endurance up a bit!

Vicky - yeah about the clothes, that is so awesome - congratulations!!!! PS My arse is too big for the seat too - it hurts like a bugger today! And my toes are still crossed for you!!!

Dance - I bet that scale will say under 170 - god I can't wait to get there!!! But you have been working so hard and really deserve it. Next is the 5 - woo hah!

Lindy - glad you are soaking it up - you deserve it! as for the gym, maybe your body is tired? Do you take rest days? And this is coming from the person that wants to work out twice a day - lol. I am taking your advice though.

Well I better get back to work. Today is my work late day. It is raining out so I don't mind. I am really trying hard to not get overwhelmed...but there is just so much to do. But I am convinced if I keep at the gym and eating well, everything will be much easier because my mood will be better and I will have more confidence...I have to say though I am scared of the scale. It's hard not to weigh myself everyday (I only can do it at the gym so this helps) but if I don't see a result I get mad and unmovtivated but if I don't weigh myself often and then don't see results it means I am doing something wrong. So I have the outfit that I tried on and took pictures on Sunday night and will try it on every two weeks - as long as I lose inches it's all that matters, it's just hard to see!!

Will check in tonight - hope everyone is having a rocking day!!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #472  
aka Vicky

Yep, I think the funk is going around, think it's TOM related. I really don't feel like doing anything, but forced myself to go to the gym. What can ya do?

Today has been ok, don't want to be at work, but I need the paycheck! Foodwise, it's been ok:

Breakfast: Mixed fruit
Snack: string cheese
Lunch: grilled chix sand on whole grain bread. Had a small pasta Greek salad and spinach salad with strawberries and balsamic (gotta love the high end salad bar in our cafeteria!)

Full from that, so it's Lean Cuisine tonight with a workout later. Not sure if I need a snack at this point, don't want to eat too much, I have weigh in tomorrow at WW. Hopefully I'll be down some more.

Talk to you chicks later!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:34 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Quick hello - I'm wiped out from my loooong class today and am going to take a bath and crawl into bed. Such a high energy group we are lately! Hope everyone is doing well...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #474  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Nice pic Lindy!! Really like the cut and color! Sorry you're in a funk, maybe some after effects of the cleanse?
Dance - I hear you - I am pooped too and probably going to bed soon, I have spin class in the morning again....yikes!
Vicky - rock your weigh in tomorrow!!!
Well as I said above, I'm heading to bed soon. Not much to report for today, ate well and got lots of work done, played volleyball in our pod at work, lol. Nothing too exciting..but it will be a week tomorrow that I've been 'clean'....woo hah!
Talk to ya all tomorrow!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:09 AM   #475  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Lindy-so proud of you being 40 lbs away from your goal. You are doing great. Hopefully you will feel energized tomorrow.

Dance-I am adding more running to my walks. Maybe soon, I will be running all the time like you. Yay for being under the 170 mark, looking forward to seeing your ticker Sunday.

Staccie-great job on the spinning. I have never done it. Hows it going with the coke machine at work? Look me up on FB, Allison Brisendine Williams

Maddiesmom-your food always sounds so great. Can you PM me your turkey burger recipe, I know I have it somewhere but cant find it. Woohoo for going from 3x to xl, so exciting. Got my fingers crossed for your hubby. Keep us updated.

Neesy-yay for new clothes, thats always fun. How is your hubby doing? Did you get to talk to him longer than last time?

I was so tired today, got maybe 2 hours of sleep last night. Kept the boys from 930 last night to 1030 this morning. Got home at 11 and slept til 1. WOW, I never nap, but I needed it. Got up and went tent shopping. Found one for a hundred bucks on sale for 65, great deal. Today was a rest day for me, I was exhausted from last night and yesterday. Gonna get a run in tomorrow and push myself to start doing the 30ds again. I will probably start back up with level one. We are going camping Friday-Sunday so I wont be on then. Gonna take my walking shoes and get some walks and runs in with the dogs. Gotta find some healthy snacks to take along, maybe some string cheese, fruit, give me some more ideas ladies.

Gonna try to sleep now. Have a great night
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:30 AM   #476  

Morning ladies!

Well the good news is, I had a cup of coffee yesterday afternoon and got out of my funk, so thats good. Didnt do anything productive though because by the time we got home from soccer, did hw and got cleaned up, it was 930 at night--god I hate Wednesday's (and Fridays too for that matter because those are game days). Anyway, I feel good today. I hopped on the scale and it still says 170 but I will openly admit that I have not been super strict with eating either. Dont get me wrong, Im not binge eating, just eating eh. But eating eh isnt going to get me down 10 more pounds for the cruise so I need to step up my game. Also, I noticed that Im not enjoying the workout classes as much at the gym anymore. This happens, I tend to think I have ADD or something, lol. Ill do something for a while and get sick of it, well...Im there with spinning classes. So instead of doing the whole hour of spinning, I did 25 minutes of spinning, 20 minutes of lower body weights, 10 minutes on the stair climber and 10 minutes on the row machine. My body was probably all kinda of confused with the way I was jumping around, lol.

Stacie- I cant wait to see your picture montage of your goal outfit, this should be fun. I like measuring my weight loss by that method anyway. Dont get me wrong, Im obsessed with the scale, knowing good and well I shouldnt be but, when I get on a pair of jeans that Ive been strugling with, its awesome. Kudos on the one week of clean eating, it gets easier in time. Now, if you can just make it a little longer before TOM appears, you may be able to break through it in the worst of times, lol...well, at least for me TOM is the worst of times. Oh and thanks for the pic compliment. That is the most recent.

Burgundy - sounds like you had a busy day. I was thinking about doing the 30ds again. The only thing is, when I did it last time, it seemed like I was gaining weight and that frustrated the **** out of me. I dont think I can handle that so soon, especially since I have a goal that Im trying to pursue in the next 3 weeks. Anyway...good luck with that.

Maddiesmom - how did you hold up the rest of the day girly? Man, you are in the zone and have some drive. You are my weight loss queen of the week! I will look to your for inspiration, so dont let me down! lol....you are so close on my tail in the weight loss competition, common girl...you can do it!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #477  
aka Vicky

Well, I didn't want to go to the gym, but now I feel guilty for not going! So, yep, last night at 8:00 I went.

Lindy: I must have gym ADD as well. I usually don't mind going on the elliptical machine and warming up, but the other day I was realizing "wow, I hate doing cardio!" But, I know I need to do it. I was like you, did a bunch of different stuff last night, it keeps your body guessing which is a good thing!

Exercise last night: walked and jogged 3/4 of a mile (warm up), rowed 2000 meters on the rowing machine, and then rode 9 miles on the stationary bike. Didn't sweat as bad as I normally do, but figured I needed the change of pace. Tonight is my night off (feel like I haven't seen my hubby all week!) and then it's Hott trainer tomorrow. He's going to kick my butt, so I think I need today to prepare for it!

Last night's dinner was good: Arnold flat bread with rotisserie chix breast with monterey jack cheese, lettuce and tomato. There's so much flavor from the chicken that I don't use mayo, mustard, etc. No side items or anything, wasn't hungry after having it, so yea to the smaller portions!

Today, I had a lf yogurt and granola for breakfast, I have a sweet and salty for snack, and lunch, we're going out for my boss's birthday, so we're going for BBQ. I'm hoping to find a lower fat option...we'll see how that goes.

Have a great day ladies!

Also: hubby job update: he had his second interview yesterday and thinks it went really well. They said they would "be in touch with him soon" so I'm hoping that it means he's going to San Antonio for a face-to-face. This job sounds perfect for him though!!

Burgundy: here's the turkey burger recipe (and for anyone else interested):
1 lb Ground turkey breast
Montreal seasoning
1/2 egg
2 tbsp of italian breadcrumbs (may need more to hold the meat together, I always eyeball it)
Then grill like you would a normal burger. I love these!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #478  

Maddiesmom- I use your turkey burger recipe on a regular basis, just as a side note to anyone else. I add onions and peppers to mine (sometimes mixed, sometimes on top) and it is DELICIOUS. Just saying. Yay to the hubby having a good interview, hopefully it all works out. I guess it was destined for him not to get the other one, especially if hes pumped up about this one. I hear ya on the gym, not sure what my action plan for tomorrow is, as tomorrow is body works class. I did bodyworks yesterday and wanted to kill the instructor because it was an all lunges class, which I know is good but man...I wanted to put a hit on that chick, lol --- I kid, I kid. Ok...got to get back to work, Ill check in later.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #479  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Good morning girls,

Well I did spinning again and then an ab workout after. I was sweating like crazy but it felt great. It was hard to get up this morning, I had to fight, but I did and that's the important part. Once I get out of bed it's fine, it's just getting out! I am down another pound so that's two since Sunday - although I am not getting too excited yet until I see that it stays off. But I can notice so many changes in my energy level and attitude...and I can't wait to try on the outfit next Sunday as I think this Sunday is too soon. I won't weigh myself again until Sunday although it's hard!!!

Burgandy - I added you!! As you see my real name is not Staccie - but I do call myself that often because my real name is hard to pronounce and people ask where it's from, etc etc and sometimes all I want to do is just order a cab or get a dressing room - so that is my alternate name!! And when I get hot again - I will use that as a diguise heh heh. Anyway - the coke machine, well it's still there and I haven't had any - and my cravings are minimal. Which is good. I am glad I got over that hump although I am sure I am not out of the dark yet, I haven't hit a real stressful time so I hope that stays away for a few more weeks until I get into the groove of things! SO jealous about you going camping!! I hope you have a great time, getting in lots of fresh air and some exercise - you deserve it, especially after such a busy week!! I bet it will really feel wonderful for you mind and body to be out there!

Lindy - maybe your body and your mind is bored of your routine, switching it up might be great to alleivate that. Plus, your body will be confused but that's the key to leaving a plateau too I get so bored doing cardio on those machines...I am finding spinning class great because it's a tempo I need to keep up to - I am also going to do some other aerobic type classes - it seems to motivate me more that way so I don't feel like I am just competing with myself.

Vicky - I agree with Lindy - you have drive lady!!!! And your meals always sound so good and different, I really need to follow your lead on that! How did your WW meeting go or is that tonight? Yeah about your hubby, my toes are still crossed for you!!! When you cross your toes, for those that can do it, it's supposed to bring a lot of good luck. Now I haven't won the lottery yet, but heh, it might work better for someone else!

Well I better get back to work before people start attacking me. I have a basic rule that they are not allowed to bother me for an hour or so when I get in, doesn't always work and it's more of a joke but since I am up so early now, I'm a little less witchy in the morning

Will check in tonight, have a busy day with meetings and such. Anxious about this weekend because I have plans on Friday night to go to the movie (with no popcorn - OMG), Saturday a night at the bar for a friends birthday - no drinking, and Sunday a movie night with some girls to watch Ghost and Dirty Dancing...willpower, willpower!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 04:38 PM   #480  
aka Vicky

Well, the BBQ place was a flop. We thought it was a nice sit down place, but turned out to be a greasy spoon with nothing healthy on the menu. Ended up with a salad with bbq chicken and blue cheese on it...only had ranch dressing, so I had that on the side.

WW was today before lunch. I was down 1.6, which is ok...I'm used to 2 pounds, so I was kinda disappointed. Then, I ate about 6 mini (1 bite) pieces of chocolate, so now I feel guilty about that. What can you do? I've been good all week, especially with TOM, so I deserve a little something sweet. At least it wasn't an entire candy bar, or a Starbucks frappucino. I'm off from the gym tonight, but may do some work with my medicine ball to make up for what I ate. I think we're having pizza for dinner tonight (usually have it once a week, but have skipped it the past few weeks). Oh well, we're all allowed to splurge sometime, right?

I'm debating whether or not to continue with WW at work. I'm thinking no, since I have all the info as far as how many points to eat, etc. and no one in our meetings really talks, so I don't feel motivated by anyone else in the meeting. You guys keep me motivated and since we have our Sunday weigh-ins, I'm thinking, "why spend the money?" What do you guys think? I mean, I have 11 training sessions left with Hott trainer, and he asks me how much I lose every week too, so it's not like I'm not accountable. (Kinda sounds like I'm talking myself out of it as I type, huh?)

Oh well, what can ya do? I'll check in later.