Old 08-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #451  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Other than my cereal last night... I stayed on plan 100% this week. My husbands grandmother has died after a long struggle after a stroke. Lets see how next week goes while being on the road again... duh duh duhhhhhhn. **scary noise** I know that in the beginning weight comes off but I know my plateau is coming. Its on my heals!

Browneyed- Welcome back. I have not yet talked to you. Pleased to be part of the group. Hope all gois well with your testing!

Last edited by ajowens; 08-09-2009 at 02:49 PM.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Grits- Very true that. I can't let you girls catch up! You can try but I won't let you. haha

AJ- Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the road trip.

Last edited by Neesy_20; 08-09-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #453  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

AJ: Sorry for your loss. Great job on the 5 pounds.

Lindy: Sorry about the extra expenses...the Glade plug ins does sound like a little much, I would ask what the heck that's about. If he/she is plugging them in every day in the classroom, do they take into consideration the kids that might get nauseus from the smell? I, for one, hate the smell of vanilla, so I would be gagging every day in that class!

As for the gain, I'm sure it's your muscles holding on to that water. That happened for me for about 2 weeks, so now, I'm losing all that water, as I'm sure you will be as well.

Congrats to everyone else on their weight losses, we're really moving!! As for me? I lost 5 pounds! It's about time. LIke I said, I think my body was holding on to that water, so now it's starting to let it all go. I did shopping with the hubby yesterday and bought lots of produce (Madeline loves fresh fruit) and no junk food...even for my husband. If I can't have it, then he can't either.

Bad part?? I threw my back out today. I'm not sure how I managed it, but it's definitely hurting. So, the gym is out for today, I wanted to go and take tomorrow off since I have the trainer on Tues and Thurs, but I don't want to hurt myself even worse. I thought I was strengthening my core and back so this wouldn't happen, but I guess it will catch up with you. Hopefully it will feel better tomorrow so I can get some cardio done. We'll see...I don't want to injure myself.

Staccie: welcome back and good luck with work. I think it would benefit you to get a least a little time to yourself, away from work. I know it's hard after long days and you're exhausted, but in the end, just going for a short walk will make a big difference. Just a suggestion.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Last edited by MaddiesMom; 08-09-2009 at 03:06 PM.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #454  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

AJ - So sorry about your husband's grandmother, but if she were suffering it is a blessing that she is out of pain and at peace. Road trips are hard, but I know you will still do well. Just think about us all catching up to you!!! LOL

Maddiemom - Wow, you kicked butt, congratulations. I am so proud of you. I am sorry about your back, and I hope you are feeling better by tomorrow. I will be thinking about you and maybe your trainer will know some good 'moves' that may help if you are still hurting on Tuesday.

Well I have been realllyyy lazy today, and do still plan on swimming, just haven't made it out the door......LOL.......
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #455  

S/C/G: See signature

Wow girls...I cannot believe how well everyone has done...this is just fantastic - kudos for the extreme weight loss. So, I have come to the conclusion, after reading my food journal for the past week, even though I was consuming about 1200-1600 calories a day, I was burning waaaaaayyyy more with exercise...seriously, if I added my "at rest" calories with my cardio calories, I was burning 2000 a day! Which sounds great, but after MUCH research ALL DAY....my body was in starvation mode and because my metabolism has always been $hit, it killed it even more...even with all the exercise...5 meals a day...excess water...blah...blah...blah. So, seeing all of you girls...I know we talk about it but we have also changed are plans many times...so can you girls give me a refresher course on your current diet and exercise routines?

p.s.- thanks for all your support. I really needed it today.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:08 PM   #456  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Howdy, all! Boy, did I miss a lot since yesterday morning!! Major congrats to all the happy losers out there - you guys are doing absolutely wonderful and I'm so proud of you!!!

Lindy - even if your metabolism was off last week, you were still building muscle which means you'll burn more this week just sitting still so I have a feeling you're going to have a killer week. Watch out, girls - here she comes!

I'm down two for the week total which I'm more than happy with even though it's not super dramatic. I tried on the bridesmaid's dress that just arrived and I look like a normal person (not model thin but not the "big" girl in the group either) so that is a major NSV for me. The wedding that I'm in is in mid-sept so I'm planning on trying to keep losing 2lbs a week until then but won't be surprised if I hit a few mini-plateaus along the road. And I had another closet cleanout where I got rid of the stuff that's now too big - that's a major ego-booster, I find : )

Lindy - you asked about plans - I'm still chugging along with an avg of 1400 cal a day with some calorie cycling around that number but not super well planned and 4-5 1 hr runs (or elliptical/rowing equivalent) a week and a 2-4 hour hike on the weekends.

Staccie - nice to see you here! Hang in there during this crazy time.

Maddiesmom - sorry about your back - that's so tough!

mygrits - girl, you are kicking it! way to go!

Neesy - glad you got to talk to your hubby and congrats on the loss.

AJ - you rock! Way to go on your loss this week - that's just crazy! I've never lost more than 3lbs in a single week so all hail to the goddess of weight loss : ) And on the preggo comment, it's kind of weird but in a way it means your limbs are so thin that no one thinks you're overweight so all they can come up with is pregnant. I think everyone who makes comments like that are total idiots and just aren't thinking. It's definitely happened to me before and it tends to be when I'm smaller than I am now and my arms and legs look particularly thin. Hang in there, sweetie, and just channel all those feelings into extra motivation for this week!

I think I missed a few but I'm going to go ahead and post before I lose it : )
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #457  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Back2basics - congrats on the great week! woohoo!!
Burgundy - you are doing great - way to go!
Lindy - so glad your daughter is back with you! Where was she anyway? Camp? I don't remember your having said... Belated hugs for your tough day - sorry everything hit at once. You are a great mom, I can just tell and you're getting stronger and fitter by the day - hang in there, chica!

Burgundy-16
AJ- 13
Lindy - 35
MaddiesMom: 30
MyGrits- 54
Basics- 15
Dance - 22

Total Lost = 185 Pounds!!!!

What a group this is - I'm so impressed with you all.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #458  

Lindy- This was really my first week back dieting for real. I have been eating every 4 hrs. I eat 300-400 calorie meals each time.. which equal the same amount as you're taking in (1200-1600cal/day). I have been walking more and the gym's treadmill for 30-45 minutes every couple days. I think you should just give it some more time. You're doing everything right in my eyes.

Maddiesmom- Congratulations!! 5lbs is unbelievable!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 08-09-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #459  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Burgundy-17
AJ- 13
Lindy - 35
MaddiesMom: 30
MyGrits- 54
Basics- 15
Dance - 22
Nessy- 29

Total Lost = 215 Pounds from 8 of us, That is AWESOME, we rock.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #460  
Sandy....

Lindy you have had some great advice on here and I agree, your body was hanging on from overdo and I'm sure there is some muscle building going on. Your doing everything right - really. Relax and I bet next week will shock you.

I haven't be going 'gang busters' in quite a while and have been going up and down the same 7 pounds for a couple of months. This week I kicked it in, which is why I lost weight. Next week may be different. My calories range around 1400 to 1500. I jog/walk 2 miles every other day, on opposite days I may do crunches, pushups and leg lifts (total time 40 min), or I may swim laps. Thats it other than the normal house cleaning and gardening which I do a few times a week for about 1.5 hours. I can't kick it as hard as some of you because I am 51 - UGH! My food is healthy. I don't do whites - like white bread, rice, potatoes, and sugar. I usually eat whole wheat bread, whole grain rice, pasta. I also eat fresh fruits, salads, some veggies, yogurt and my treat is dark chocolate.

Dance, - Congratulations on the 2lbs! Awesome!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #461  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Wow, I'm posting twice in one day - woo hoo

Congrats to everyone on the weight loss - that is so awesome!!!

I hope to see a good dip next week - aiming for 2 a week - hope it's more but I don't want to set my expectations too high!

AJ - I look forward to getting to know you on here - what a great addition to the group. I am going to try really hard this week to log on at least once during the day and before I go home from work - it's important because what a huge support system this is - I get motivated everytime I read.

Lindy -how is your protein intake? I agree with everyone though - wait it out this week and see how it goes, bet you see a significant drop next week! If you hit a plateau - adding more lean protein may help - it did help me at one time. Don't you just love how our bodies like to hang on to the fat? Bugger!

Sandy - 51? Well you are looking darn good - and look at Madonna - I bet you could give her a run for her money Although I wouldn't want to look like a piece of beef jerky anyway. She scares me!

Dance - I hope you put a picture on here when you get into that dress - I bet you will look really beautiful!

Vicky - thanks for the note - I agree - must take time for myself. I will do better with everything if I do that - not if - WHEN

Burgandy and Neesy - you both are a source of inspiration for me too!!!

Well I'm off to eat some healthy dinner - I am getting up at 445am to go to the gym. I am sure this first week will be very tough but it will be worth it. I can do it
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #462  

I'm like you grits. I'm losing the same 7-10lbs over again. It is really annoying. I was looking back at some of my old posts. It is ridiculous. You can definitely tell where I gave up. It is pretty interesting though.. I definitely don't want to gain anything back. I'm back on it for real this time.

(This post is more for me to look back on from time to time to motivate me.. but I hope it will give you guys some motivation as well. Look back at your old posts.. It will surprise you what you will find)

Here is what my weight has been the past few years:

10/2/06- 232lbs
11/2/06- 219lbs (then I stopped logging in to 3fc)

6/19/07-241
7/10/07-225
7/30/07-217 (then I stopped logging in to 3fc AGAIN)

12/4/08- 238
12/17/08- 227
12/26/08- 231 (I noticed a gain.. and yet kept going!)
1/7/08-225
2/1/08- 219
3/2/08- 208
5/10/08- 202 (stopped dieting)
5/31/08-207
7/12/08- 211
8/1/08- 216 (started diet again)
8/9/08- 212

Overall.. when I do the right things..The scale goes in the right direction over time. When I don't.. it goes quickly the other way.

Last edited by Neesy_20; 08-09-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #463  
Sandy....

LOLOL.......Oh my Browneyed.....You crack me up....LOL....Beef Jerky....hilarious. No I wouldn't want to be that. Thank you though, as you are right, in many ways she kicks a**

Neesy you are so on target with your thoughts, and I have done the same thing. Funny when you think about the similarities BUT now I am seeing it through and so are you!!!!!!!!!

I will see you all tomorrow - need to wind down and get ready for the sweaty workout in the morning.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #464  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Neesy - I just looked back in my journal and saw something very similar!!! I only joined 3F this past April but I write in a journal almost everyday. I think I am going to spend ther rest of tonight reading them - I have already seen some pretty bad patterns!

February 14 2006 - 252 - started training at the gym (notice it was Valentines Day - guess I didn't get a special heart that day!)
May 2006 - 219 - was doing really good
June - had a car accident and didn't work out but lost weight because I continued to eat well
July 2006 - 209 - still going on awesome
Sept 2006 - 199
Nov 2006 - 192
January 2007 - 181
April 2007 - 190 (I hovered between 190-198 until about October 2007 when I found out I was moving to Vancouver and took a contract job in addition to my already full-time one
November 2007 - 201
December 2007 - 205
February 2008 - 201
April 2008 - 213
June 2008- 210
Oct 2008 - 212
Dec 2008 - 222
Feb 2009 - 227
March 2009 - 218
April 2009 - 225
May 2009 - 225-221
Now - 218

So I too have been losing some then gaining it back since last summer. Joining on a binge of weight loss and exercise every once in awhile has ensured that I don't gain too much. However looking back I lost a crap load of weight and I can do it again...this just proves it!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #465  

WOW staccie! That is incredible. You lost a lot of weight and you can do it again. It really puts things into perspective..

Well.. I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow. Are you guys sick of me yet? I told you I'd be on her all the time once my husband left. I don't know what I would do without you guys.. (i mean girls, haha)!!!

Oh yeah.. I just noticed we're getting close to 500 replies for this thread again. Should we go ahead and make another one before they boot us?

Last edited by Neesy_20; 08-09-2009 at 11:19 PM.