Old 08-06-2009, 11:29 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Well first I want to say thanks for all the kudos for posting the pics, but KUDOS to us all, we all posted them and really was it that bad?? We know we are all headed in the right direction and just have to keep our heads on straight and dont think with our stomachs and we will all win in the end.

AJ-I have 2 bostons, they are my babies.

Maddiesmom- That is awesome. 30 lbs and you are still on a roll. Glad you went to the gym after the pizza. I have to admit, I had pizza tonight too. I am not a pizza fan, so didnt have much, but after I ate, I got up and turned Jillian on(level 2). So at least we didnt just call it a night and sit around. THANK YOU TOO, you are an inspiration to keep going.

Neesy-competition is fun. I am gonna catch you, just 5 lbs.

Lindy-your positive energy is rubbing off. Even after the pizza tonight, I am not getting down on myself or going to slip again. Just gonna keep on truckin. And the irregularity thing happens when I eat super healthy too. I like the way Basics said it.

Sandy-glad you got your workout in and we are gonna rock, ALL OF US. Hopefully you didnt give in to the nighttime munchies. I just go to bed when that happens, which isnt often anymore.

AJ-dont be mad at yourself if you didnt even cheat, you can do this. DOnt give into temptation.

Worked til 5 today. Got my workout in but didnt go for a walk. Gonna go with my SIL tomorrow. I am trying to talk her into 4 miles, but she thinks she cant do it. I need to add some jogging or running into my walks, I dont get out of breath anymore, so my body is getting used to walking 1.5-2.5 miles everyday. I may run earlier in the day and then walk with SIL in the evenings. RIght now I am walking with her every other day, she just wont push herself to go everyday yet. I am working on her. Went to the beach for a little while today but the water was so cold. The boys were frozen by the time we left. I should have taken them on the run in the sand before we left to warm them up, have to remember that for next time. I am gonna try to sleep, have a great night ladies and a successful and productive day tomorrow.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:29 PM   #407  
I'm bringing sexy back

Height: 5'8

Whoo whoo! I love all the posts tonight!
Lindy- Yummo, I love steak in a salad...

myGrits- hee hee....I feel ya girl, there are days-- especially at night, when I am groaning that!

AJ- that's awesome that you called in when you were having thoughts!! Way to recongize without caving...I think you should be proud

MaddiesMom- whoo whoo 5% of goal, you rock!! I hear ya on the donut gig-- I was in a meeting this morning and at least 4 people asked if I wanted one of the donuts on the tray in the center of the table... so I finally said, Yes I do WANT one, but I won't have one.... a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips...lol

I just got done with a Burn Phase 2 of Chalean-- and tomorrow morning will be cardio at the club-- then the ab burner when I get home!

Tonight I went grocery shopping and picked up some goodies-- tomorrow morning will be a tomato and goat cheese omlete-- and for dinner a Greek Salad pita sandwhich-- 42 grams of protein...

Have a good Friday ladies-
Back2Basics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:56 AM   #408  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning, girls! The power of a support group is an incredible thing, isn't it? Because of you guys, I made myself go on an hour run before dinner last night and as I was going to bed I started to get the munchies and thought, no I can't go eat - that's it for today or I won't lose enough this week and I'd have to tell the girls about it so I didn't. That's big for me as I have no will power on my own : ) Sounds like lots of you were having similar challenges and came to talk about it - very cool. Will write more later but wanted to say hugs all around! And happy Friday!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:24 AM   #409  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Good morning ladies -

Sounds like everyone is killing it lately. Even with the minor slip ups, your balancing yourself with a great workout, so yay to us! I love reading everyones posts about their day and slip ups. After my steak salad last night I tried to take it really easy for dinner, so I had an apple as my afternoon snack and for dinner I chopped up a chicken breast (shredded style) and added salsa. I was going to have zucchini but just wasnt in the mood and that was the only veggie that was left before my trip to the farmers market tomorrow. Ill eat it tonight, Im making talapia with mango salsa...yum.

I am so hormonal today, it is ridiculus. I think my body is used to my healthy diet because I dont find myself eating junk anymore...at all, even in the worst of times and trust me, between last night and oh say...right now, Ive had a couple of whoppers dropped on me that have made me cry. For no good reason, just because Im hormonal. The good thing in all this is that Im not losing focus-thank god. So...my whoppers...Mr. Dreamy 16 pack is kinda dropping off, were still talking but not as much and I think he's upset with me because I had to reschedule our date for Sunday because thats my Gabadoo's first day back and I want to be with her. Thats ok - his loss. Thats what it means to date a girl with a kid and if he cant accept it, it would be best that he hit the door...him and his 16 pack, lol. Then...TMI alert- I have came to the conclusion that I have the worst bladder ever, I cant do Jillians DVD at all without wearing a pad because the jumping, well...you get the picture. Its depressing, I called my gyno to make an appt. and he was just like...Nicole, do keggle exercises, it will help. Ugh - whatever. I guess Ill try it. Then this morning I came in to my boss, who swears that he his never wrong (even though I have emails that say different)...and it just pissed me off so much that I had a breakdown..not in front of him or anyone else, but I had to close my door and just cry because we cannot be on the same page these days, it just sucks. It makes for a stressful work environment.

Anyway, Im sorry this is such a self obsessed post, I just had to vent. On a positive note, I was debating on going to happy hour tonight with some girls from work and have decided to pass because I dont want to lose focus on my diet. It wont always be like this but Im in the zone, AND HORMONAL, so Im pretty sure that would be a bad idea tonight, lol.

Good luck today...Ill check in later.

Last edited by luckylindy; 08-07-2009 at 09:26 AM.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #410  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

I just had to share this, I got on the scale this morning and it is down to 220. Another lb. I am so excited. I dont think I will change my ticker until Sunday but just had to tell. I'm gonna try to get the hubs to take a bike ride with me. Dont know if that will happen but I will still go, alone or not.

K, I will check in later, Have a great Friday everyone.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #411  

burgundy, girl - you are on a roll! Way to go!

Lindy - hugs! Sounds like a tough day - I'm sorry. Hang in there, sweetie! You are strong, gorgeous and getting thinner by the second - don't let the hormones drag you down for long... And even if those exercises don't sound fun, they pay off when you're, ahem, with your partner as well : )

back2basics - sounds like you are cranking!! What is chalean? I don't recognize the name but whatever it is - it sounds like it's doing the trick!

So, the scale was hovering near another pound lost this morning (but not quite enough to claim it) so I'm pretty sure I'll see a drop tomorrow if can just stick to it today. Am planning on boston market chicken and veggies for lunch and fish and veggies for dinner out with the girls and will walk to dinner to make up for the glass or two of wine that I'm sure I'll get talked into : ) Tomorrow will be another run day and we're going to work on some gardening projects at my bf's so I'm sure that will burn a few calories too.

Keep it going, girls!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #412  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hi Ladies,

BacktoBasics - Do you hire out as a Chef? LOL.....Seriously now, you make some killer meals that have me drueling when I read them....... I wish I had you cooking for me!

Lindy - Well, your right, 16 pack is losing out, but it is better you have a clue about him sooner than later - you know? When I was a single-mom for those 16 years, I dated some, but not alot as the kids always came first. During those years I did date one guy for 5 years, and really loved him, but realized that it just wouldn't work long term. I mean 5 years is long, and I think I hung on because we had a blast, but our values were different when it came to raising kids. It was hard breaking up, but my priorities were raising my children right. Oh and keggles......ugh, I hate them, but I did do them faithly for many years. For some reason I got away from it, but now that you mentioned it on here, I do need to get back to it. I can't imagine at the age I am now wearing depends............ugh!!!

Today is good so far, however I missed my workout and yard work - the heat is here, so no way am I doing it. I will do some indoor stuff to burn calories though. Bye the way, all of you are awesome and thank you for supporting me during my tantrum last night. Be warned, it may be ongoing for awhile!
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:01 PM   #413  

I'm still catching up with yesterday's posts so sorry for the delay in responding!

AJ - way to show restraint! The temptations are tough, aren't they? But it's all about temporary happiness in the moment (of eating) vs. longer term happiness (for being thin, fit, healthy, etc), don't you think! You can do this! You are doing it already and you will get where you want to be, I just know it.

mygrits - sorry to hear about the munchies - that's so tough! I bring a bag of carrots with me to work (just about the boringest snack ever) in case I get the munchies there. I remember a friend doing WW a long time ago saying that you basically burn all the calories in a carrot just by doing the chewing. I'm sure carrots were not what you had in mind at the time but they do keep your mouth occupied so you can't put anything else in there : )

maddiesmom - you are just killing it with these workouts - very impressive!
Old 08-07-2009, 01:38 PM   #414  

Awww....girls, you can get past your late night munchies. Does anyone else find it helpful to chew gum. I know they say gum makes you gassy but it always helps me when I want to binge. Anyway...so, I didnt ENTIRELY go off the wagon but I splurged on sushi, which totally sucks in some regards because I was trying to go a virtually low to no carb diet...grrrr. Oh well, calories wise, once I eat dinner, I will be at 1500 and I was planning on going to an abs/cardio class tonight to help "relieve" my stress and frustration with the male species, lol. Thanks for your support and what I have decided is that as many times as I log on here, everytime I do, I am going to do my "keggle" exercises. p.s. - Dance...you are so funny, I had read an article about that once and I was like...really? hmmm...I need to try that. lol

Burgundy - yay on your 1 lb! I am trying my darnest to not hop on the scale. I want to soooo bad but I hear all the time that people who do the 30DS dont always see the scale going down, they see the inches...well let me tell you...I am not seeing crap in my clothes, then again..its only day 5, lol.

Ok...gotta go. Ill check in later.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #415  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

You girls are so motivating. I was really going to pass up the gym today. But I'm going to to go now! I have been walking my dogs a lot lately and working up a sweat. But its not the same as the gym.

Lindy-Sorry you have so much stress lately. You are really holding up well. I'm so proud of you! You inspire me day after day.

Oh.. my aunt called just now and wants to have lunch tomorrow. I was really trying to not eat out. But.. I guess I'll go and just get a salad or turkey sandwich. I'll be good. I promise.

Oh and my mom wanted to go see a movie. I talked her into just coming to my house and watching something. Saves money and my diet. I am a sucker for nachos and cheese at the movies. mmm...

I have found that I'm able to stay on track because I know what my husband is going through right now. I don't feel that I should have any priveleges if he cannot. I know I shouldn't but I feel guilty if I eat anything bad. Everything and everywhere reminds me of him. I feel much better about the situation if I have to struggle too. I feel like we're in this together. Plus I want to shock and surprise hime on graduation day. I can't wait!

Well.. I'm going to the gym now. I'll let you know how it goes. Hoping for a big loss on sunday !

Last edited by Neesy_20; 08-07-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #416  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Lindy- I am sorry about your hottie. They will come and go. You don't need someone who would have ducked out like that anyways. Just think how much worse it would have been if it had been later! And... gum does help me. I just never think of it in the heat of the moment. And I would give a breast for sushi What is 30DS?? I keep seeing it and I want to know!

Dancer- Thank you! it is hard but you are right. The long term is way more important. I woke up just fine. Didn't feel deprived and I was still kickin' so I guess that shows me how fast it goes!

I lst 2 more lbs this week. Can't wait for Sunday weigh in. I am hoping to hit 160-!! Try hard, remember your motivations and know you have support. This is my new motto!

Last edited by ajowens; 08-07-2009 at 03:53 PM.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #417  

AJ - 30DS is the 30-day shred by Jillian Michaels and is a workout video. I haven't tried it myself but lots of other people swear by it. Does sushi not fit on your plan at all? Some of it seems pretty lean - is it the rice you're avoiding? Two pounds this week - that's awesome - you are on a roll - way to go!

Neesy - good for you for deciding to hit the gym! You'll be so glad later. And what a cool thought to be training alongside your hubby, if only virtually. I just know he'll be so impressed when he comes back.

Lindy - sounds like you're right on plan calorie wise and your cardio class sounds great.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #418  

Neesy - you KNOW I am going to ask you about your lunch tomorrow, lol. Sooo...the big question is...how was your workout? I am going to try to go and do a abs class tonight. I have never done this class before but I dont have anything planned tonight and theres nothing on tv so why not occupy my time with something new? Besides, I normally dont like going to the gym at night but on Friday nights...no one is there. Im a morning girl.

AJ - 30DS is Jillian Michaels (from the Biggest Loser), 30 day shred. It guarantess that if you do her dvd every day for 30 days and maintain a well balance diet, you will lose 20 lbs in 30 days. I am totally up for this challenge and would be interested to see. Although, I have read blogs where people see inches lost but not weight. Since I dont meaure myself I hope this is not the case. I would depressed as **** if I did lose something from doing that workout because it is KILLER. Seriously, Im doing laps in the puddle of sweat after the workout, lol. You should buy it. Its only $9.00 at Walmart and I think $12 at Best Buy. Well worth the money, but be warned...it hurts so good, lol. You will be in some tremendous pain the next day...pain like you need a wheel chair to walk, pain like your toothbrush feels like a 10 lb. weight....pain like it hurts to squat on the toilet to pee, lol...

My minor set back with sushi will not defeat me. I have a plan to do 30 DS and the gym, which btw...I did the gym this morning too and my 1.5 mile run. Woo-hoo...Im on fire, go me...and Im out of my hormonal funk...thanks for letting me vent. Love you girls!
Old 08-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #419  

OH AJ- sorry, I totally missed your 2 lb loss! GO GIRL! 2 lbs is fantastic! I love it! I will weigh in on Sunday and let you girls know where Im at. My jeans are feeling awfully tight today though, please let this be bloating or something. lol

Last edited by luckylindy; 08-07-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #420  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Lindy- That sounds awesome. I will go get it. I need a good A$$ kicking =) And I have lost 13 now and my pants don't fit any different! I am in the same damn jeans. I am not sure where I am losing it from but NOT my waist. haha. Good luck girl.

I am going out for the first time in oh..... a year(!) tonight. Not drinking but can't wait to be out amoung the genereal public again. I have no husband for 3 nights and I am making the most of it
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote