Old 07-08-2009, 12:50 AM   #136  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi all, thought I would post before I hit the hay...I doubt I will get much of a chance tomorrow. Just got home from the gym - again really wanted to go. I did about an hour only of cardio but I had a good sweat going - and the other problem is gone (for now) - must have helped talking about it lol.

Did good today with everything...cravings are quite minimal which I am surprised. Worked out and ate below 1500 calories Now TOM is around the corner so I am bracing myself If I could just slow my job down that would be great. But the fact that I am leaving in time to get in a workout is huge change for me. And it makes me more productive in the long run. I've been sleeping well too and that is awesome. It's amazing how exercising and eating properly can make you feel - I need to remember that next time I feel like diving off the deep end into a pool full of chips and chocolate!

Dance- sorry about the knee...I hope it gets better!! Glad to see Tiff back and congrats on everything!! Vicky - good luck with the workout and healing too! Lindy - I sure hope you are sleeping by now!

Tomorrow I have a long day at work (13 hours at least)- and it's my day off at the gym but I will do some extra walking on the way home to stir it up a bit . I am trying to take the 5th day as a rest day from the gym to repair my muscles, especially when I start incorporating more weight training again.

Well hope you all have a good day tomorrow, I hope I can sneak some time to log in and say hello and read everyone's inspirational messages!

S
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:05 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone. I did so good today up until after dinner, then my husband and I went out for ICE CREAM!!!!!!! But then we got home and I did tons of yard and housework, so I am hoping I burned some of it off. So before the ice cream my calories were right around 1400. I didnt get my walk in, I worked today. The 3 year old I keep is terrified of storms and doesnt even want to go outside on sunny days, which it was today. SO when I am there gotta work on getting him playing outside, so we can run up and down the big hills.

Lindy-good job running a whole mile. I dont know why I stopped using my wii fit, its fun and a great way to get exercise in. I am gonna start using mine more.

Sandy-yes Jillian is next. I have to get back to doing it daily. I have been bad and not exercising like I should.

Staccie-11 hours and you left early, wow. I like my wii fit but I guess its not for everyone. You keep enjoying those hot bods at the gym.

Maddiesmom-glad your leg is feeling better. Dont push yourself too much.

Tiff-you have been one busy chick. Glad you closed on your house, we need pics. Congrats on the wedding and we will need pics from that too. You can lose the 10 lbs and look awesome on your big day.

So tomorrow, I am gonna put Jillian in the dvd player and get back to 30ds daily. Plus I am gonna walk more. I have a healthy eating day planned out for tomorrow too. I WILL STAY ON PLAN TOMORROW. Goodnight!!
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #138  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Morning girls -

Its funny, as soon as I went back to bed last night, around 1030 I fell asleep right away....whew....thank god. I was tempted to sleep in this morning because 1030 is still past my bedtime but I didnt, I got up and headed out. Today was a weight day for my lower body and I feel pretty good. The bad part is, I have ths stomach ache from **** today. I never get tummy aches so I dont know what is up, I am also feeling nauseated. I get this feeling everytime I take my womens one a day in the morning, if I take it in the evening, nothing happens but everytime I take it in the morning, nauseated for almost half the day, even worst off, I have no desire to eat. Which in some regards is good but when your trying to keep your metabolism truckin, not so much. Fortunately, I had a big breakfast before my pill, so thats good. I had 3 egg whites, 3 pieces of bacon and 1 cup of watermelon.

Stacie - I am really happy for you. Just "reading" your posts, not being face to face, you can see the difference in your personality and outlook. When I look back on your previous posts, I noticed that you had 2 instances where you started to feel depressed and both involved a high level of stress at work and a major binge (not that Im analyzing you, just trying to help), so that being said....you must stay on the horse, lasso the stress and put your cow girl hat on and feel confident, lol. You CAN do this. Your doing awesome with your eating and exercise, I am really looking forward to everyone weighing in this Sunday, I think we are going to see big numbers.

Burgundy - tisk...tisk... Ice cream is such a major downfall for me, it is my absolute favorite snack in the whole world (althought based on my posts, you guys would probably say Cheetos or Cheez Its is the winner, lol). Anyway, at least you were able to off set it with exercise. I am going to hold each of you accountable, thats the only way the scale will go down on Sunday. Come on girl...make a deal with me, you are NOT going to go off the plan for the rest of the week. You had your treat and you feel complete...right....right?! Lol.

Dance/Sandy - if you do take a trip here I would LOVE to meet up. That would be so much fun. Sandy has family here in Orlando so maybe she can come by and we can grab a healthy lunch or take a walk around this beautiful local park called Lake Eola. Let me know girls.

Ok, I am seriously feeling ill and would not be surprised if I left work today, so just in case I dont log in later, you guys know why. Good luck girls...stick with the program, we are halfway through the week.

WE ARE WOMEN, HEAR US ROAR!!! Meow....lol

Last edited by luckylindy; 07-08-2009 at 08:33 AM.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the extra push, Lindy! I really didn't feel like getting on the elliptical and now I'm going to go do it.

Staccie - I'm so happy for you right now - you are just doing great and your sense of well-being completely comes through in your post. Keep it going!

Burgundy - Oops on the ice cream! Glad you have an on plan day scheduled today - come back and tell us how it went on the eating front.

Today's plan is elliptical and slightly higher calorie level (1600-1700) to keep my metabolism from stalling. I'm planning on raisin bran and fruit for breakfast, chicken satay with brown rice and veggies at Whole Foods for lunch and my bf and I are walking to the sushi place by his house tonight so that should make it fairly easy to make good choices.

Off I go to the guest bedroom and the dreaded elliptical ; )
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #140  

Dance - I just had sushi for lunch, it was delicious. Obsviously my belly ache went away, otherwise I wouldnt have attempted sushi. Today is another low calorie day, 1300, so far Im at 800 and doing well. I saved tomorrow for a high calorie, 1600 day because I have to bring my Grandma to bingo and wont get home till 11 at night. so that leaves me with more "awake" time and possibility of munching.

Anyway, Ill touch base later.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #141  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Ok, challenges, challenges, challenges.....this is what I am dealing with today. Ugh! Ok, I know I should appreciate the very kind gesture of my husband, daughter-in-law and son, but I am soooo trying to lose weight. This morning they left very early for the farmers market, and I being tired - slept. My plan was to wake up and workout. Well, by 9am they were back and presenting me with breakfast in bed. An egg, sausage and cheese omelet, buttery grits, biscuits and a large milk. Oh my! Of course I ate, because it was sooo sweet, but there goes my calories and probably my day. I love food like that, but it so messes up my focus and day, because then I just want to eat all day. Damn!

Needless to say I did go out and walk, but little did it do. I didn't go as far or put alot of effort into - could be all the food????

Lindy - I agree this summer has been really nice so far. There are days when it is like muggy and yucky, but for the most part, especially this last week it has been awesome. I love sitting outside in the morning and early evenings with the breeze and wonderful temperatures.

Tiff - Gosh so awesome to hear from you and to know all of your blessings are coming right at you! New house, new marriage, new health! I am just so happy for you. I look forward to when you are on here full force again!

Staccie - Good for you and your workouts. I am amazed at the hours you are putting in at work and still hitting the gym! Awesome! What do you do for work by the way?

Burgund - Yummmy ice cream! I am sure you kick in your metabolism to make the ice cream burn off. If not, Jillian will do that for you today! LOL... I am proud of you getting back on track though. Hey maybe have the 3 year old do the 30DS with you? LOL....he would probably take a much needed nap afterwards!

Ok, I just realized maybe part of my problem in Tom coming this weekend! I just realized the dates, which now explains my weird eating patterns lately and the fat feeling I am having. The things we girls put up with!

Ok, I am signing off for now. Have a great day everyone.

LOLOLOL......Love it Lindy, 'hear us roar.....meow'. Very funny!!!!!
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #142  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Hi everyone!

I am cramming in a few min to come and read and write. I've had a crazy morning already and tonight is my work late night. I had such a hard time getting up today - was so tired but I am feeling a lot better now.

Well it's a half hour later and I am still writing this post. Geez
Old 07-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #143  

Sandy - damn TOM!!! It was a sweet gesture, just try to take it easy. Remember on Monday, I started my morning out with a McDonalds breakfast? Well the rest of the day I took it REALLY easy. Borderline starving but by Tuesday, I was back on track, the hunger subsided and this whole week I have done well. Yay me!

Stacie - it was a good effort you put in, lol. There will be days where not everyone can log on, as long as you continue to hold youself accountable whether you post or not, you will see that scale drop on Sunday. Good luck with the rest of day, I look forward to seeing how the long day went and what food choices you made.

Ok, so I did the sushi thing for lunch, for dinner I am having a grilled chicken field greens salad with this all natural mango dressing I bought at the farmers market, it has like 20 calories for 3 tablespoons and taste so freakin good, yes...freakin good, lol. Have a good night ladies, I dont think I am going to have time to post later.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #144  

mygrits - That's a tough start to the day when you're trying to stick to a plan. Curious to hear how the rest of the day goes and good for you for getting out and trying to walk even when you don't feel like it.

Staccie - Of course you're exhausted - you work such long hours. Hang in there kiddo - you're doing great.

Lindy - Sounds like you are having a great food day and have allowed for some flexibility tomorrow with your grandmother. Nicely done!

I found some exercises that are supposed to help with these kind of knee issues (they call it 'runner's knee' which makes me sound like someone who might actually go fast which is not the case) so that's good but I imagine it takes a while for them to work and patience is not exactly my strong suit. I'll give it a shot though and will plug away on the elliptical in the meantime.

Will post later on overall eating for today but so far so good.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #145  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Well, I had been doing so well, I knew it was just a matter of time before I "slipped." Had pizza tonight for dinner, wasn't the smartest move since WW is tomorrow, but what can you do? I think again, it's because I didn't work out this week. Ok, here we go:

Breakfast: Sweet & Salty Bar
Snack: Kashi bar
Lunch: 6 inch oven roasted chix breast sub from Subway
Snack: So ravenous today, that three hours later, I ate the other half!
Dinner: Pizza (with mushrooms/spinach), healthier than the pepperoni I usually get!

I didn't work out today either, I am hosting a bbq at the house early on Saturday, so I have to get the house in order, and I wiill have no time on the weekdays due to work, so the only time is at night. I probably won't make it until the weekend, but housework is a workout right?!? Just not as much as the workout I woulda done.

Oh well, hop back on that wagon! You are all doing so well. Staccie, you have great determination to get the workout done after a long day of work. I have no idea how you do it.

Tomorrow will be a better day.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:15 PM   #146  
Brown Eyed Staccie

TOM is coming!!! Cravings are horrible. And I am so tired. And so much work to do sorry for the complaining. I am figuring that a small ice cream is ok but if I go to the mall to get one, I risk binging on everything so I think I will skip it.

Someone asked me what I did for a living - I am in venue management for the Olympic Winter Games. We are 8 months away but it's crazy busy. No reprive it seems. But I am one week and one day clean (if that's what you want to call it). Keep me strong through TOM (umph that rhymes).

I haven't eaten much today - yogurt, a hamburger with some salad and that's it I have to find a way to ensure that I make myself eat throughout the day.

Dance - sorry about your knee...that's my fear about running. I did try and run a bit on the TM last night and I was very winded after less than a mile going slow but I worked up such a good sweat so I might try to do a bit more.

Sorry that's all I got tonight...talk to you all tomorrow

S
Old 07-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #147  

Morning ladies -

Well, I did it, I stuck to my program yesterday and am extremely happy that I did so. In fact, after work I had to pick up Gabriella from her cousins house which is like 30 minutes away from where we live, then we had to go to Kmart to return some curtains I bought, by that time it was like 7 p.m., so Gab was hungry so I swung by McDonalds to get her a Cheeseburger and fries and......drum roll please.....I didnt get a thing! I wasnt even tempted a little bit! Its amazing! I am very happy about this. When I got home I did have 2 chicken legs, no skin, no sauce, just plain chicken and that was it...go me....go me. I do think I am retaining water though today from my sushi yesterday because I feel SO bloated. I also woke up this morning, fought going to the gym but went, gave a half a$$ workout and left after 25 minutes. In fact, I think I only burned like 100 calories, lol...that was a waste. I also pushed myself to go on my walk and once again...did not push myself. Oh well, at least I went. The bingo thing is tonight and it is going to be hard for me. They have a snack bar with everything and when you are sitting there for like 4 hours (uh...yeah, 4 flippin hours stamping a paper card, lol)...your bored and want to eat. If I can do this and not cheat today, I will consider this a great achievement. I have no intentions of doing the gym tomorrow because I wont get in until 11 p.m., but I do plan on going on Saturday to keep with my goal of 5 days of exercise. I also plan on walking tomorrow, so thats good. Ok, sorry for babbling girls, I guess Im feeling very chatty today.

Vicky - ok, so you had pizza...how many slices is the question? Yup...you bet Im holding you accountable. Haha. BBQ this weekend, awesome. Gabriella is doing her bday party this weekend, normally I would easily drop $400.00 into her party between food, water slides, party favors, etc...I know, crazy. This year we are just doing cake with a large family meal. But I told her I would make it up to her with an awesome bday present, in which I did - I got her a motorized scooter (for her age group). Anyway, make sure your good at your bbq. I know, its hard. Maybe you can make some chicken skewers for you? I LOVE chicken skewers, its like my favorite thing to eat that is healthy. I make mine like so: Chicken, onion, red pepper, mushroom, squash and pineapple. Yum....:drooling:

Stacie - I am so super proud of you! You acknowledged your temptation and barrelled through it! Instead of going to the mall for your ice cream, you passed because you were worried about the temptation of other mall foods...so cool, big kudos to you! It wont always be like that, just in the beginning. Have you even had skinny cow ice cream bars? You can buy them in the grocery store and they are so darn creamy and good, I love to eat them even when Im not on a diet.

Ok, I think I have taken up half the page with my long post. Ill talk to you guys later. Oh, today is a 1600 calorie day. I have consumed 550 for my extremely large breakfast but the rest of my day is planned out so I dont go past 1600, wish me luck.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #148  

By the way...I updated my goal ticker. Its a bit ambitious but Im prepared for the challenge.

Also - NEESY!!! WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?! lol.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #149  

Morning, ladies! Stuck to plan yesterday as one of my higher cycling days at 1670, but mainly lots of chicken, fish and veggies and this morning am down to 182 (2lbs down since Sunday). I just wish I had started this a long time ago and am kind of embarrassed that I've wasted so much time being heavy, avoiding photos, not liking myself, etc. Do you guys ever feel that way?

So report for yesterday: Eating 1670 cal Exercise 30 min elliptical

Plan for today: 1400 cal and 45 min elliptical. And some casual roller blading in the park tonight, nothing major but better than the alternative of sitting there snacking in front of tv : )

Lindy - good luck at Bingo - can you bring some apple slices or some baby carrots to munch on instead? And way to show major restraint at McDonalds!

Staccie - way to go on the treadmill - good for you! I hope you can get the cravings under control - does extra protein help at all?

Maddiesmom - Sounds like the pizza was an oops but you're back on the wagon. Totally agree on the eating better when you exercise - I'm exactly the same.

Keep on truckin...
Old 07-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #150  

Dance - yes..totally! I have been hanging out with my friends more and naturally we get camera friendly and take LOTS of pics and I look at myself now and feel better, then I think...why didnt I do this a long time ago. I feel better, look better and overall, Ive improved my confidence significantly...imagine that! Ha.

Anyway, I can bring those things but Im bringing something close. 2 small turkey burgers for dinner, a big bowl of watermelon and a fiber one bar. That should work for me. Lets hope. Im really hungry today for some reason so I just have to focus. I am also extremely tired. I wish I didnt have to do the bingo thing because I would really just like to go home and sleep.