Old 06-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Lindy - like the new pic! The lighter hair suits you - sounds like you're having fun on vacation, lucky you!
Kelly - good luck with all of the challenges at work - we had lots of layoffs in the first quarter this year and even though I'm one of the lucky ones that is still employed, the emotional stress of having friends and colleagues get let go is really tough so I definitely feel for you. On the healthy food on a budget front, something my family has always done is freeze 2-serving size portions of soups, chilis, etc in quart size ziplocs so that you don't have to eat the whole pot of soup that week. Did that make any sense? I don't think I did a great job explaining, but if you freeze everything but what you want to eat that day, then the following week, you can pull out the freezer bags and pop them in the microwave and you don't get so sick of eating the same thing in a row. Anyway, lots of luck!

I was too chicken to weigh myself this morning as I had a run-in with cheddar cheese last night. Am hoping the long hike this morning made up for it! Hope you all are having a great weekend...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #17  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Default I know....I've been MIA....

Hey ladies! I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Sorry I have been MIA for the past couple of months, the stresses, etc of life have hit me hard since March, so I'm finally back to normal (somewhat) and am ready to reinvest in myself. I've logged on here and there to see how everyone has been doing...so glad that you all have stuck with it. Especially Lindy and Tiff! WOW!

For the newer people, I will reintroduce myself. I started on this thread back in January, but dropped near the end of March. I'm Vicky, live in the Chicagoland area with my hubby and 18 mos old Madeline. I've been struggling with my weight my whole life (thank you dysfunctional childhood) and am finally ready to end this battle with weight.

The past few months have been stressful, my hubby was laid off from his job of over 8 years back in March (a week after I got a job after being laid off in November). The hubby still hasn't found a job and I'm afraid he's not motivated to do so until his severence is gone. He gets unemployment, but that won't cover what we were getting in severence. Needless to say, the stress has compounded and I've gained some weight back. Only 2 pounds, not the end of the world.

I joined WeightWatchers, my company has them come in once a week during our lunch hour, and if I attend 15 of the 17 meetings, they pay for half of the fee. I've also decided to join the gym by work as well...if I work out 12 times per month, the company pays the monthly membership...can't say no to that. Since being on WW, etc. I have lost 4 pounds, so I am down 2 pounds lower than I was before dropping out of the thread. I have joined WW and the gym with some of my co-workers, so with the support of them and my husband, I am going to get back on track.

Hope you will all have me back after ditching you the past few months...I did miss you guys, but life was pretty depressing and I didn't want to be the "Debbie Downer" of the day. Look forward to catching up with all of you!

Vicky
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #18  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey Maddiesmom - welcome back!!! Yay, so excited to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your hubby. Its strange, my step dad was laid off, got a severance package and didnt start looking for another job until the package was 2 weeks from being done with. Needless to say he STILL doesnt have a job but he started invested in stocks and bonds (I know - in this economy!) but its working for him and he's now thinking he is not going to go back to work at all. Just store the "extra" he makes in the event that things go sour. Anyway, glad to see that the stress only put 2 pounds on you, it could have been A LOT worst.

Dance - your line "run in with cheddar cheese" cracked me up. Man do I LOVE cheese. You'll have let us know what you lose when you do have the courage because Im sure you've lost something.

Quick update with me and then I have to get to bed. I did not do great on food but it definately could have been worst. I had intentions of doing laps at the pool but that darn thing was jammed pack with kids doing cannon balls so there goes that idea. Im going to do some lunges and call it night. Ill check in during the week.

Oh yeah - thanks for the compliments girls!
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:46 AM   #19  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. GGGRRRR! I did good yesterday until... I went to dinner with a couple friends and we ended up at Carrabba's. Their food is sooooo good, but this morning I tried to find nutritional info and there isn't that much out there. I had their chicken soup, mezzaluna pasta and a dessert shot. I didn't want the dessert, but the one friend had never been there. We each got 1 and rotated it around the table so we could all try. POOP!

So here I am, upset about my first day of getting back on the wagon, and I messed up. I know, it's over and move on, but darn it! Well, today IS a new day and I WILL do it right. Making soup tonight...yummy!

Oh, I have to tell you this, it's actually funny now. I drove my friend somewhere this morning and my car started 'jumping' like the trans was going or something was wrong with the engine, so I'm freakin'. We stopped at the station, popped the hood and I put bout 4 gallons in, cause it was close to needing filled up. If something was wrong, I didn't want to waste money on gas. Well, turns out the gas gauge was stuck and the car was jumping cause I almost ran out of gas. So there is nothing wrong with the car. Sheesh! It never occurred to me it could be stuck. Good grief! Funny huh? Well, maybe you had to be there cause the look on my face and the whimpers coming out of me...yeah it was funny.

I guess since I weighed yesterday, I will make Saturday morning my day instead of Sunday. I hope everyone does well this week.

Oh, oh...and welcome back MaddiesMom! Happy to hear from you again. Sorry for what you are going through. I can imagine it's hard right now. But we are here for you!

Last edited by take a deep breath; 06-14-2009 at 09:49 AM.
take a deep breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #20  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Maddiesmom - Wow, welcome back! It was so great to see you on here when I was catching up the last few days. I have been MIA recently. You should be so proud of yourself - 2 lbs being under such stress and all is great. You can get that off in no time.

Lindy - I am so proud and happy for you - welcome to the 80's!!!!! I hope your vacation is going great. You deserve some R & R. How is the roommate working out for you? You niece right?

Neesy - Definitely keep spending some quality time with your husband and making some great memories for both of you while you are apart. He will need those great thoughts when going through bootcamp, as it can be ****.

Tiff - Wow, you are doing awesome. Hey, you and Lindy both hit the 80's at the same time!! How cool is that! And it looks like you are handling your stress the right way-exercise. Your running! Dang, I can't even do that - now you have inspired me! LOL........

Burgundy - I miss you and did write to you on Facebook. I am so glad your having a nice time, but anxious for you to be back with us!

Koshinogi - Welcome! You will find a great group of ladies here, and a competitive bunch!

Dancerindenver - Welcome!

WeightIWantToBe - Welcome! 40 lbs is awesome! Congrates!

Ok, yes I was MIA for a few days, but doing well. I have been having a horrible TOM, but hopefully will be gone soon. So, needless to say, I haven't been able to exercise.......grrrrrr. I DID finally get the kitchen done!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!! I love it, everything is clean and organized....it only took weeks to finish! LOL. Next, the laundry room. I want to get all the chemical cleaners out and replace with Zoe Clean home cleaners, because there are no chemicals and they are EPA stamped and safe. More stuff I learned from Jillian Michaels book. It is a great book if anyone is wondering about buying it. My weight, I am down a couple of more pounds. Yes! I am feeling so good too.

I hope everyones Sunday is awesome!!
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:55 PM   #21  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi there - thanks for the message!!! I've been not very dedicated to much lately other than my job as it's been really busy. I did a major 2 mile hike right up a mountain today, it's something like 2300 steps and it made me realize how much I really need support and to be better. I was doing very well when I was on here with all of you....live and learn.

Lindy - love the pic and congrats on the 180's - you inspire me.

Well I am off to bed, it's 9PM here and after my hike I am beat. I look forward to getting back into this thread!!!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #22  
Sandy....

Hello Brown-Eyed,

Good to see you again, and love our picture its absolutely adorable! I love hiking, especially in the mountains, as it is such a great escape. I wish, I wish, I wish I lived in the mountains still. I miss them daily. Anyway, you are correct that sharing with others helps us stay on target. It seems when we 'step away' which I have done before, we are trying to escape the guilt of not doing what we need to do. Atleast I have noticed this with myself.

Today, so far, has been good. I did get my exercise in, but thought I would die doing it. It has to be in the 90's already today in Florida. It was like working out in a sauna! LOL..........

Hope everyone's day is good!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #23  

mygrits - I'm in the tampa area on business today and oh my god so hot!! Sauna is definitely the right description - I'm giving up on outside exercise this week and am going to stick to the hotel treadmill : ) Hope all are doing well...
Old 06-16-2009, 05:24 PM   #24  
Sandy....

So funny Dancer - I know exactly how you feel. It is unbelievable and I hate to think what July and August will bring. UGH! This is when I hate Florida - unless I'm at the beach of course! LOL...

I used to live in Tampa (12 years total). It has really grown since I left. I was recently over in St. Petersburg and barely recognized it anymore. The traffic - good grief!!

Hope Tiff, Lindy, Maddiesmom, Take a Deep, Brown Eyed and others are doing well!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:48 PM   #25  

Did a half hour jog on the treadmill in the gym this morning - so very boring compared to outside and I was counting down the minutes. Will give it another shot tomorrow. Doing okay calorie-wise on the food front (oatmeal for breakfast, sushi and fruit for lunch, panera's french onion soup and whole grain baguette for dinner) but need to up the protein tomorrow as I didn't get enough today. It's definitely harder eating healthy while you're traveling! Oh well, just a few more days.

Staccie - way to go on your hike! Do you ever think about the impact of losing weight on your hiking abilities? I hike on the weekends fairly often and I keep thinking how much easier it will be with each 10lbs that I lose (think about putting an extra 10-20lbs in a backpack and what a pain it would be to carry that up the mountain!) - we'll be zooming up those trails in no time : ) That will definitely be a super cool non-scale victory!

Off to bed... Thanks all for being such an excellent support group!!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:13 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Hey everyone. I am back too. We are in a hotel tonight, on our way back to Michigan. Welcome to all the newbies. Glad to see the thread so active.

Vacation was awesome. Got to spend lots of time with my sister, niece and mom. Had a blast and wish I was still there. I am trying to convince my husband just to move down there.

I am not going to try to catch up with everyone tonight, the internet here isnt the best.

Ok, so on my vacation I was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt weigh myself while there and pretty much ate whatever I wanted. So I am not going to get down on myself if I gained, I had a great time and cant go back and change any of it. So if I gained, I gained, I will get over it and move forward. Gonna get back on track when I get home. I will have to get groceries so I can get healthy everything.

I will catch up with everyone when we get home tomorrow night. Have a great night everyone.
Allison
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:28 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Hey you guys! So.. I weighed myself yesterday.. no change. I'm okay with that for now. Like I said, I'm not going to go die hard dieting until after my husband leaves. It will be easier that way anyway. I will have plenty of time to focus on exercising. It will give me something to do to keep my mind off of him leaving.

Anyway, just been lazy lately.. working and staying at home. It's been pretty rainy out the past couple of weeks and haven't gotten out. Hopefully, it will get sunny out so we can spend some time outdoors. It seems like everyone is on a hiatus from dieting.. I think it's easier to diet in the fall/winter time for some reason. Summer is just the time for fun.. haha

Lindy-Love the picture! Your eyes are so blue! Hope you are having fun on vacation!

Maddiesmom & Rayne- Good to have you back!
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #28  
Sandy....

Hey Neesy, I completely understand you wanting to just enjoy this time with your husband - memories can be precious! Also, for me it is so easy to really focus when I only have to worry about my foods, and routine. It seems figuring out meals and snacks for my husband, kids and so on, just adds stress, temptation and another excuse for me to munch, munch, munch! I agree with you too on fall/winter dieting. It is so much easier for me also and I attribute it to the cool weather. I love being outside exercising when its cool out. Now in Florida it's in the 90's, hot, humid and lets just say miserable. I hate it and it makes to soooooooo difficult to me motivated. Why do I live here?????

Burgund - So glad your back and am so happy your vacation was great! No needs to worry about what you ate and all that crap because you can always jump right back on your old routine. How's is your garden doing? I am waiting for my shipment!! LOL..........

Well, I am doing good, but have the beginnings of a miserable sinus headache.....ugh..... Florida today is hot, hot, hot, and rainy. So, no outside exercising and as of yet, not real motivated inside either. I need to get moving though, my daughter is coming and bringing two of her military buddies with her. Should be fun and chaotic this weekend!

Check in later.

Last edited by mygritsconfessions; 06-18-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:22 AM   #29  

howdy, girls! back from my florida trip and one pound down thanks to your help!

Anyone got fun plans for the weekend? I'm having old friends from high school over for dinner tonight, getting together with my boyfriend tomorrow (not sure what we're doing yet) and my family's congregating over here on Sunday for father's day, so nothing too exciting but lots of cooking on my end!
Old 06-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

I am not even going to try to reply to every thing from the past 2 weeks, just the posts in this new thread. I did read everything though. Just not enough time for it all.

Dancer-Welcome. Looks like you are going strong with your weight loss. I have fallen off the wagon but getting back on now that vacation is over. I hear ya with the treadmill, being outside in the fresh air is always so much better.

Lindy-yay for making it to the 180's. Have a great time on vacation. Great pic. Vacation is such a hard time to exercise and eat right, but do your best but dont have any regrets. You wont be able to go back and change anything.

Koshi-Welcome. I love this thread and hope you do too.

Kelly-I know how it is having to count every penny. My husband makes really good money and I dont work but I have been thinking about getting a part time job. Sounds like your mom is set in her ways and doesnt want anything to change, but maybe over time she will realize she needs your help and become more cooperative. I used to use fitday all the time and I loved it. Havent used it in a while. I should sign on today and update. Glad nothing is wrong with your car.

Maddiesmom-Welcome back, we missed you. Sounds like you have been having a rough time, but losing the 2 you gained plus 2 more is great. WW must be working.

Sandy-I am working on my kitchen today, aaaaahhhhhh. Most of the stuff in there I never even use. I did my laundry room 2 days ago. It wasnt bad, its kinda small. So what is your current weight, I have to catch back up to you. Hmm, my garden, the deer got to it a little while we were gone, but there is still some stuff. I hope most of it makes it.

Staccie-glad to see you back, a lot of us have been MIA for a while. Your hike sounds amazing, I love stuff like that, just wish I could get the hubs to enjoy it as much as I do.

Neesy-enjoy this time with your husband, you can still eat right with him here. And you 2 seem active together. Make these memories now and have fun.

Ok, here goes. I weighed yesterday and I was UP 6 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That stinks, but its my fault and I will live with it. I am getting back on the wagon and gonna get it back off. Doing some cleaning, mostly laundry. Gotta have some electrical work done in my kitchen and dining room tomorrow, so I have to clean up all the vacation clutter. Have a great day everyone.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote