Old 05-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Okay so here is my memorial day plan.....

We are going to my mother-in-laws house to grill out...

FOOD - As far as the menu, they are pretty much set in their ways....burgers, hotdogs, chips, baked beans, potato salad, etc

So...One thing I'm going to do to stay away from this fair is bring some chicken kabobs to throw on the grill....they are SOOO good...chicken, mushrooms, peppers, onions, and a few potatoes...I will also bring some corn on the cob to throw on the grill. I am also going to make Heather's FAMOUS Low calorie strawberry shortcakes as a dessert item! So, I plan on having chicken kabobs, grilled corn on the cob, some baked beans (just a little), and strawberry shortcake....all light in calories but full of flavor and very filling!

Activity - There will be swimming...and I'm gonna bring a frisbee...and I'm sure we can work in a game of tag....

Reward - For sticking to this plan for memorial day I am going to reward myself with a home pedicure and facial on Tuesday!!!

Can't wait to see everyone else's plans...
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:45 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Mel- Sounds like a good plan. Yeah, I was under 23 at the time but putting my moms income was basically like putting now income. She didnt even file taxes that year. She didnt even have a job back then. No, I actually dont get paid under the table. I dont get full taxes though, I make about $40 more a week than it shows I think. I still dont make that much either way only like $14,000. If that. Looks like the garage sale went well. Its amazing how much money you make from old stuff.
heather1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:21 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Heyho,

So memorial day challenge!

We dont have memorial day here, its just called may day, and its not even important so no-one does anything. I am sitting at home doing nothing special.

I will see what the weather is like and maybe walk the dog along the beach. play frisbee with her. My eating is op and will be then too as I have my plan set up so I cant fail.

Bank holidays just arn't good here, the only ones where we do anything is easter (and we eat a turkey dinner) and christmas, (where we eat another turkey dinner) boxing day (oo turkey dinner) yey new year (woohoo turkey dinner), lol, maybe not so much turkey but you get the idea. the august and may bank hols are jsut a day off work.

Will be interesting to see what kind of things you ladies are getting upto though

Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
ENY - VERY IMPORTANT - wherever Joe goes to school he needs to call them and tell them he wants a professional review of his FAFSA....the FAFSA goes off your last years income and YOUR income has changed since last year...for example mine that I filed this year has my unemployment on it from last year...I asked for a professional review and showed them where I wasn't getting that money anymore and I got A BUNCH more money.
I thought of that too - but they've added a "dislocated worker" clause into the FAFSA for people that have been laid off etc. Due to the economy. You just have to prove that you've been let go with out a chance of going back to work in the forseeable future. Also - since I was the only one working for almost all of last year we didn't make much and we have 4 people in the household that we claim for next year. I already got his SAR report back and based on everything from last year the familiy contribution is $21 - so he's getting the full Pell Grant for next year, plus he's eligible for need based grants

As for the Memorial Day plans - so far I have none. We don't usually do anything - especially since i'm broke.

I was really hoping to hear back from that place I interviewed at... but I haven't yet. i'm still holding strong that I'll hear - I called on Thursday but the HR lady wasn't there, I'm hoping that she didn't call back because of the long holiday. I'm hoping that my attitude will get me places.

I did some yard work this morning before it got too hot - and before the rain comes. I trimmed a lot of the bushes - so my front door no longer looks like my personal rendition of The Secret Garden But it was good exercise - and yardwork burns 324 cals and hour!

Alright - I'm off for now! Remember to PM those weigh ins - ESPECIALLY if you're going out of town away from the scale! They're all due by Monday Night!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #65  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

I actually went to the gym yesterday! I ended up walking the track for over an hour. I checked out the steam room, and god it was SOOO steamy, I loved it! But....it's coed. Big, hairy half naked men. Ugh.

The squats challenge is KILLING ME! My thighs were so freakin sore yesterday, I could barely walk. TOM started two days ago and totally f-ed up my WI. Stupid jerk.

I got a new computer! It was a total surprise too. The door rang Thursday morning and it was a FedEx guy saying 'I got your new computer!' and I'm like 'What computer?' I was in the process of trying to buy a computer through my union and paying it through payroll deduction but I was waiting on my payroll card. Apparantly, they sent the info to Dell before me and Dell went ahead and shipped my computer! I checked with both Dell and the canteen and they both have the order, the computer I picked out. Oh well. It's kinda cool. I've never had a brand new computer. The flat screen is so cool!

Mel ~ Thank you. I AM alot less stressed and I'm so grateful!

Eny ~ When is Landon (right?) due? Nikki (BFF) went to her appointment yesterday and they put her due date around Jan 11. God, I need to make a chart to keep up with all the due dates!

FAFSA is one of those things I can not even toy with so my mama does mine for me.

Memorial Day plans: sleep and work. YAY holiday pay! I don't know if Nessa and Tony have plans but it doesn't matter cause I'll be at work during the peak celebration hours.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:31 AM   #66  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Memorial Day Plans for me? Same old same old here. My daughter works in the medical field so she has to work, and my son isn't off either, so it's just me and the dog. I thought I would take some extra me time and watch a movie and refocus on my goals too.
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #67  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Alright, I'm back from Mexico and I've packed on the pounds! We were always swimming or walking but I guess those darn buffets just killed me! I don't drink so it's not like I had empty calories from alcohol. I did notice that I was having a hard time keeping up with my water intake. So I'm focusing on that right now. I'm going to start the next challenge and hopefully get all those vacation pounds off and then some.

My ears are still clogged from over a week ago and my throat is getting sore again. I don't know why I can't just get 100% better already. At least I'm off tomorrow. No plans as of right now. My husband works so maybe I'll go to my parent's house. Or I'll stay home and finally get the cleaning done that I've been putting off FOREVER!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!!
StNessa79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:14 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLea View Post
Eny ~ When is Landon (right?) due? Nikki (BFF) went to her appointment yesterday and they put her due date around Jan 11. God, I need to make a chart to keep up with all the due dates!

FAFSA is one of those things I can not even toy with so my mama does mine for me.

Memorial Day plans: sleep and work. YAY holiday pay! I don't know if Nessa and Tony have plans but it doesn't matter cause I'll be at work during the peak celebration hours.
I'm being induced on August 31st. So Landon will make his appearance on that beautiful Monday.

FAFSA is done - I'm glad. I've always done mine, my sister's and now Joe's... it's the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StNessa79 View Post
Alright, I'm back from Mexico and I've packed on the pounds! We were always swimming or walking but I guess those darn buffets just killed me! I don't drink so it's not like I had empty calories from alcohol. I did notice that I was having a hard time keeping up with my water intake. So I'm focusing on that right now. I'm going to start the next challenge and hopefully get all those vacation pounds off and then some.

My ears are still clogged from over a week ago and my throat is getting sore again. I don't know why I can't just get 100% better already. At least I'm off tomorrow. No plans as of right now. My husband works so maybe I'll go to my parent's house. Or I'll stay home and finally get the cleaning done that I've been putting off FOREVER!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!!
Nessa! YOU'RE BACK!! I'm SO HAPPY!! I can only imagine how hard keeping the water intake up - the experts always say "don't drink the water in Mexico." Just start now and become a FISH!

Ok girls - REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR WEIGH INS FOR THE FINAL WEEK BY TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 08:44 AM   #69  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

well so far so good this weekend i have at least managed to maintain all weekend. just one more thing going on today and that is a trip to the park for the day.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:13 AM   #70  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Alright ladies so I'm back from the beach. My weigh in today is horrible : 217, I'm really hoping I didn't eat that much and most of it is just salt/water weight. Either way I'm done with all my off plan time and will committ to staying on plan for months and months now. I've got one more month til my one year anniversary for trying to lose weight, so I definitely want to work hard and see where I can be by then.

My husband and I are just trying to catch up from vacation, so we're just going to clean house and get back into schedule for memorial day. (Thankfully)

Last edited by sprklemajik; 05-25-2009 at 09:16 AM.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:54 AM   #71  

Good morning girls! Happy Memorial Day! I'm exhausted today!!! I didn't even crawl out of bed until 9:45!!!

Today is the last official day of this challenge - and I honestly think this was the hardest one we've had so far. I don't know what exactly it is - but honestly I think a lot of it is the time of year... Starting out we were ALL so stir crazy with Cabin Fever - and now the is starting to shine and it's hard to get back into a really good rythm. Plus all of life is getting in the way... there were several people with pretty lofty personal things going on. BUT working through it is part of life.

I think that the 4th of July challenge will go better - as long as everyone gains back their focus - and remember why YOU want to lose the weight. The choice is yours - the challenge is yours... it's a personal battle against yourself.

Here's the link for the July 4th Challenge - I wanted to be a little ahead of the game this time and not wait until tomorrow. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...87#post2755187
Old 05-25-2009, 10:56 AM   #72  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

I am down to 186. Yahoo!

Down 2 lbs from last week. I was down to 185, but that was the day after I donated blood. It might have been the dehydration.

It's all good.

TTYL.
diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #73  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

the trip to the park was great definatly did not over eat. hade italian burgers out there some chips, pretzels and cookies. i only drank 1 soda and the rest was water. oh and a rootbeer float a small one. but we where out there since 10:30 an got back about 5. and a yorgurt for breakfast. so it was a good day. i just hope the scale shows it in the morning.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:19 AM   #74  

Default Week #6/challenge End Results

HERE IS IT GIRLS - THE END OF CHALLENGE! IT SEEMED TO BE A DIFFICULT ONE FOR MANY - WITH SO MUCH GOING ON CONSTANTLY! BUT NONE-THE-LESS - HERE ARE THE RESLUTS

STATS:
TOTAL # PEOPLE - 18
TOTAL # WEIGHTS RECEIVED - 10
TOTAL # LOSSES - 5
TOTAL # GAINS - 3

WEEK #6 WINNER IS ZOOCHICK777 WITH #1.6 LOSS!

RUNNERS UP
DIARY - #1.4
MRSAUGIE - #1.4

CHALLENGE WINNER - KEILLYNSMOM - WITH A TOTAL OF #10 LOSS!

OVERALL RUNNERS UP
HATTIE22 - #7
URTHWURM - #6.7
DIARY - #4.4

Alright girls - it's been a tough one. Overall there wasa total weight loss of #37.4! Which is still awesome!!! Please join us over in the July 4th Challenge thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172510 To continue on this difficult journey with some really awesome people!