Old 05-20-2009, 05:40 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Eny - Your right...doing those small things everyday for myself will add up...thanks! And as for the browser history you may be right because I do delete mine often too and have never had trouble here...so maybe that is it.

So....I went back today and took some time to read my blog and over a period of like 6 weeks I lost 18 pounds! It was an average of 3 pounds a week although some weeks I lost less and some weeks more. One of the things I think helped me tremendously was actually doing the blogging....writing down my food and activity for the day...but also just the feelings that I was having in general.

One of the things I noticed was that if I didn't lose or maybe I even gained a pound...I didn't let it get me down. I know I can get back to that. I AM going to get back to that.

The house is a bit of a wreck since I have been focusing alot of attention on getting ready for this yard sale. I can't tell you how fast a toddler that is almost 2 years old can destroy the entire house.....strowing toys...emptying her dresser drawers....dumping all her blocks...LOL! It is a never ending battle trying to keep things tidy and I have definately been slacking.

So anywho...thanks for listening I feel much better. I know I'm going to have a great summer and enjoy lots of fun times with my family and lose alot of weight! YAY!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #47  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

well not so bad so far the day is far from over for me. wow i cannot believe may is almost over.

lately i have not had much to say so bare with me. until i have something.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Melissa- haha, I know the feeling! Austin can be here for an hour and destroy the living room. Its hard to keep your house clean with a toddler around.
heather1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:17 AM   #49  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

I have news. Apparantly, I'm going to be an aunt. My BFF called me today and gave me the news. It hasn't really hit me in the face yet, but when it does, WATCH OUT! All you are going to read is baby this, baby that! When they say it comes in threes, it does. First there was Eny, then my friend Adriana, now Nikki. Then Sushine called and asked me to be one of her bridesmaid. This puts more pressure on me because the other two girls are way smaller than me and Sunshine says she wants our dress to be sexy and eye-catching.

I did Day 1 of both the pushup and squat challenges yesterday and my thighs still hurt!

WI tomorrow!

For some reason, I've been baking muffins for three days straight. No worries, I've taken all of them to work, only had 1 (or 1/2 of 1) from each batch.

Vanessa and Tony should be home tomorrow (I think) so the strippers have to go.

Congratulations to all our losers this week!!! One week (SOON!) I'll be on the list.

JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #50  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

Hooray for babies and weddings!
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Shari - Tip the strippers for me - and give Nessa a BIG HUG when she gets back! I Miss her!!! That's exciting about all of the babies. I inderstand the brides maid thing... I'm the MOH in my BFF's wedding in July - luckily for me I can totally pull the "I'm 33 weeks pregnant!" thing on account of my weight. But really only 1 of the girls is a lot smaller then me - there's one that's MUCH larger and one that I've been sharing clothes with since we were 12.

I just finished filling out the FAFSA crap for Joe - I HATE that stuff! It's SOOO Tedious! Ugh! But it's done - and the extra money will help a TON!

I've had killer munchies today.. I'm doing pretty good avoiding bad stuff - and really I've eaten about 4 100 cal meals today... so it's not really bad.

Ok - I'm off here for awhile. I have to get to my list of things that I need to accomplish.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #52  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

Friends, ladies, counterparts....

I was down to 185 this morning after breakfast!!!

I am so pleased! My trainer did not let me know she was not going to make it to our 9 am session until 9 am... but I still did 30 min cardio at the gym and some arm weights. maybe I need to donate blood every week! Fatigue is definitely more of an issue this weeks since the blood donation on Tues. I could not even think about doing 6 mph on the treadmill yesterday or today! 4.5 was all I had in me!

FAFSA paperwork stinks!!! I dropped out of my program before doing it all, but it seemed like a beyatch!

Hooray for all the babies and weddings going around.
diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #53  

Morning girls...I'm here!

Shari - Congrats on the babies in the family and with friends! They are a blessing. It sure sounds like your alot less stressed these days....and doing really well! I'm glad

Eny - I hate the FAFSA too...I have to fill it out every year...but I never get anything but loans

anywho...I'm off to clean the house while the baby is asleep!

Talk to ya all later!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #54  

Hello..

Hmm..Im confused, whats so bad about the FAFSA? I love it, I do get alot of loans but I also get alot of free money. Do you not do it online?

Diary- Way to go!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Hey ladies

Eny - I dont think you suck, you do a great job!!!!

Been a busy week, dunno where my head is at the moment.

Anyway better go was jsut a quick visit will post loads over weekend, its a bank holiday woot for long weekends

Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Hello..

Hmm..Im confused, whats go bad about the FAFSA? I love it, I do get alot of loans but I also get alot of free money. Do you not do it online?

Well...what is bad about it is that I have to get all our stuff together to fill it out (mine and Scott's W-2, and all our IRA/retirement/etc. info out, all the info on the interest paid on our house for the year...and a bunch of other crap...and then all I get are loans...I don't get ANY FREE money as you put it....gotta pay all mine back which I think sucks cause we are a family of 3 living off one income which although it is enough to get us buy...it definately isn't alot and it isn't enough to contribute to my education....

Okay...I'm gonna leave it at that before I get on my soap box.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:12 PM   #57  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Hi Girls! Just stopping in quick before turning in for the night.

BF and I took Derby (our dog) on an hour long walk tonight. My calorie counter watch said I burned 648 calories. I was sweating, huffing and puffing... but that seems like a lot of calories for 1 hour. Anyone have any experience with these things? Its a heart rate/calorie counter watch. Asks for my age and gender and then calculates calorie burn using my heart rate and the other info (i think). Any who... would love to know what ya think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
I'm going to spend about 30 minutes going back and reading my blog from last summer...and see if there is anything in there that will motivate me.
I'm going to go blog revisiting with you. I think that it keep my motivation up and it forces me to give 10 minutes to myself to reflect daily. Thanks for the idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diary View Post
Friends, ladies, counterparts....

I was down to 185 this morning after breakfast!!!

Congrats! How exciting! I wanna be there! Good job!!

My almost sister in law just announced she's preggo too. 7 weeks along. It must be in the air! I am holding my breath!

And all of you FAFSA junkies... Its a pain to fill, a joy to get the cash, and a pain when its pay back time. But well worth it none the less. Stick it out girls!

K - off to clean up before bed. Hope you are all well!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #58  

Melissa- I guess you have a little more to fill out with house interest and stuff. Yeah, Tennessee sucks when it comes to financial aid. You dont get crap there. I remember when I went to beauty school I didnt get much at all. Dont get me wrong, I get alot of loans too. I guess it just depends where you live.

Last edited by heather1979; 05-22-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:55 PM   #59  

Heather - the main reason you probably didn't get money here when you went to beauty school is because you were under 23.... weren't you? Until you are 23, OR get married, OR have a kid.... (which ever one comes first) you have to put your or legal guardians info on your FAFSA which usually screws it up for ya....BUT if you filled it out here now you would get alot of money cause your age and stuff.......and I'm guessing since you work for your dad...I'm guessing you get paid under the table and therefore didn't have any income to report and therefore got a ton of money...LOL

ENY - VERY IMPORTANT - wherever Joe goes to school he needs to call them and tell them he wants a professional review of his FAFSA....the FAFSA goes off your last years income and YOUR income has changed since last year...for example mine that I filed this year has my unemployment on it from last year...I asked for a professional review and showed them where I wasn't getting that money anymore and I got A BUNCH more money.

So...day 1 of the yard sale is over....we made $373.....total today!!!! One more day to go of the yard sale!
Old 05-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #60  

Default Memorial Day Mini-Challenge

Memorial Day Mini-Challenge

Okay, Okay....so I know that we were SUPPOSED to have already had our final mini challenge, BUT I know that for many of us holidays and the social gatherings that come with them can often have a negative impact on our diet/exercise plans.

So, I decided we should take the time to do one more mini-challenge that will help us better handle the upcoming holiday on Monday...which is also our last weigh in for this challenge and last day of the challenge.

So, first and foremost...how many of you have some kind of social plans....and what are they are you going to a BBQ/picnic/family gathering/or just grilling with some friends? Whatever your plans...just take some time to think about and answer the following questions.

Memorial Day Food - What are the plans for food for your Memorial day? If you are grilling out or going to a gathering of some kind....do you have any say in the menu? If so, what are some healthy suggestions you can suggest/bring? If you DO NOT have a say in the menu.....what are some ways you can keep yourself in check and not splurge on high calorie foods and beverages?

Memorial Day Activities - What are some ways you can involve some fun activity in your day? Frisbee with the family, badmitten with your brothers, football with the folks, tag with the teens, you name it...HOW and WHAT will you do to get moving on Memorial Day?

Memorial Day rewards - What is something good you can do for yourself for getting through a holiday without binging on unhealthy food and without nixing your exercise...in other words....having a GOOD on plan day on a holiday...now this doesn't have to be your regular plan...it can be your special plan for the special day???

Okay...lets hear it...hopefully through sharing we can give each other some good ideas and tips!