Old 02-24-2008, 03:34 PM   #61  
Also known as Tessa :)

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'5

Ward, LOL about needing points for Disney. I hope you are really careful UP UNTIL Disney, but then just plan on enjoying yourself...especially if you don't go there very often. Food is sooo yummy! If you can, get one of the meal plans...my mom is a Disney nut (they go every year). They go to the All Stars Resort for $70 a night and spurlge a bit by getting on one of the meal plans (like $30 a day I think per person...maybe higher now. There is a list of restraunts to go to and you can order whatever you want...could order a $25 steak, an entree, and a dessert and one price covers it all all day, no matter what you get). Where are you planning on staying? How long?

Beaut, Price Edward's Island is in Canada right? I could be compeltely off ... lol, and I'm a teacher! I wonder who it was that was going on a cruise...I wonder where the rest of our friends ran off to? Hmmmm? I really don't have a favorite grade to teach, and I find I do well with the difficult classes. For a new teacher, I can handle behavior well A lot of the other subs get walked over by classes.

Ok...lol, so I was a bit confused I found out yesterday. I told you girls that there were going to be two more competition nights...lastnight and again tonight. It turns out lastnight was the last one. The 15 contestants sang and they gave the cash prizes to the top three. Sadly though, I did not place. I did very well though, and a LOT of people told me I should have placed 2nd or 3rd (one guy was awesome...the other two that placed were kind of a joke). That is ok though...I had a lot of fun.

Steve was coming late lastnight to the competition...he had to work until 6:00 and it was an hour and a half drive. The contest started at 7:00. Lastnight though, they had the contestents draw for their place...guess what number I got??? YUP, fricken number one. Did they let me switch???? Even before I drew, my aunt let me know she had the final spot and she would be fine switching if I drew an earlier number (So, Steve could see me sing). They wouldn't let me switch. I didn't fight it too much because i didn't want to cause a stir with the judges. Now that i didn't win a cash prize though, I wish I would have spoken up more. That sucked! Steve never even got to hear me sing. It was still fun. The best part of going first though, is I didn't have to hold back on drink. I had people from tables around me buying me drinks (how could I refuse?? lol). I had 1 Miller Lite, 1 Strawberry Dacqurie...sp???, and 1 Starberry Stripper tehehe lol. By the time Steve got there I was pretty calmed down and happy.

Even better though, after we left there and went to his truck...he had flowers waiting for me! This is the first time he has given me flowers! They are so beautiful...kind of a pinkish purple. It made my night. I took pictures...lol, I might be a geek and post them.

After lastnight we headed to the club for about an hour with a few friends. I had another couple of drinks there. lol...opps, there goes my diet. Even worse though, is I was so worked up earlier today I only had about 1/3 can of a progresso soup for supper, so the alchol got to me really fast. I had a good buzz going the entire night. I woke up this morning fine though.

So, it was a fun night. Today Steve has the entire day off, and we are having a nice time. He is upstairs taking a nap right now (lazy bumm...lol). I am trying to get mom and dad's house cleaned up a bit...they are doinig remodeling here and aren't quite finished (going to be finished by the time mom and dad get home in March)...so not too much cleaning, but just a bit. My parents go South for the winter if I havn't mentioned that yet.

Heading back to Iowa City tonight.

Where are some of our friends...Iowagirl? Missy???? Moon???? Come back! LOL... I hope things are ok...and this leave of absense these lasts couple of days doesn't mean you completely are off that is what happened to me this week...disapeared for a few days because I did terrible and din't want to admit it until afterwards.
colaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

wardhog-you motivated me so yesterday I worked out for 2 hours total- including my walk. Howeve I wasn't so good with food so 6 points total. For a total of 84

Tessa- I'm sorry you didn't win! That was so nice of
Steve to get you flowers!1 You should for sure post the pic!!

PEI is in canada. I talked to DH about it and he is actually interested in going! We will probably go for a week cause it is a 2 day drive and you really need a car there so it isn't worth it to fly or take the train and then rent a car.

I really don't know what is going on with my weight..is it possible I am still retaining? Scale said 202 today. I just don't knwo what to do so I am trying to be really good today in the hopes of seeing 200 tomorrow. I was really hoping to be at 196 by friday but that doesn't look like it will happen!! I'm getting discouraged. I need to at least be 198 by friday or I may give up!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:00 PM   #63  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Tessa, I wanna see pics! I am sorry you didn't win.

2beautiful, don't give up! Just keep up the good work and the scale will move. I promise. Great job on your two hour workout! I have seen pictures of PEI and it looks beautiful! I would love to go there one day. Are you in Canada?

We are staying at the Saratoga Springs resort from 4/5 - 4/9. We got the meal plan; it's something like a snack, a quick serve meal, and a sit down meal for each day. We're having dinner in the castle with Cinderella one night, so that is costing us each two sit down meals. My daughter is going to die, though.

Today I did another two hour workout (I love my long week-end workouts). I ran 6 mi (1:02), and did 30 min on the elliptical and 30 min on the bike + abs. I also stuck to my eating plan despite making pizza for DH and the kids. I should get double points for that. LOL So, 10 for today and a total of 29.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:26 AM   #64  

Good morning my friends!

No job as of right now, but it is still pretty early. I'll keep checking. My goal is to teach every day this week. We'll see...

I got on the scale and I'm 155lbs right now...so that is down another two pounds sense I weighed a couple weeks ago (I skipped my weigh in last Monday because of AF). So, that is 5 lbs down in 3 weeks I'm happy with that.

Steve is working all week...a guy quit at the shop (something they have been waiting for...this is the guy that wouldn't work weekends, came late, and left before all the work was done), but they are covering his hours. He is now getting major overtime which is nice though. The bad thing is we won't see eachother for at least a week...he might have MOnday off next week...we'll see. Kind of sucks, but he is trying to save up money, so that is good.

I really hope to actually stick to my diet all week...including the weekend. We ended up going out to eat TWICE yesterday. I did ok Friday, not too good Saturday (I got so nervious for the contest and drank way too much that night), and even worse on Sunday . So, I should be very pleased to see the scale go down after that lol

beaut, what kind of calories are you aiming for? Too few calories with a day consisting of a two hour workout need to be highish (around 1500 I think...maybe more). Just like Ward said, don't give up! You have been working so hard, and soon you will be seeing results. Keeping trying for the rest of the week, and if you still get the same results adjust your calories...more or less (check with a fitness website for a BMI calculator). Also, adjust your goals if they are no longer attainable! Do what you have to do, just keep on going

Ward, WTG for sticking to plan AND working out! I bet you are going to love the results of the scale this week...you have really been kicking butt! I LOVED the meal plan It was so nice getting to order what you wanted and not what was in your price range. How special eating with Cinderella!!! Any girl would love that. Saratoga seems like a beautiful place. Are you planning oin going to all the main four parks or a water park or two? I've only ever been to the main four.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:59 AM   #65  

yesterday I didn't worj=kout at all but today I'm going for gold!! I'm doing my leek detox. I did it once before it usually gets rid of a pound or 2 and helps with water retention. You are supposed to do it for 2 days but I didn't have the willpoewer but this time I am really going to try. want my new purse!!

I am in Canada but a 16 hour drive from PEI.

Wardhog your vacation sounds liek it is going to be amazing!! I'm getting jealous!!

How do you manage al these 2 hour workouts?

What did you have for dinner? I could never resist pizza!!

Tessa- beautiful loss!! How often do you usually weigh? I'm a daily weigher.
What kind of work does steve do? Did you get a job for today? I'm also trying really hard this week especially since it is the end of the month!!

I haven't been great about tracking my calories but after my detox I am going to get serious about it!! So I can see where I am making mistakes or whatever. Also at the end of the week depending on where I am up to I wil adjust my goals. I just want to make it to onederland by friday! If I don't then I may switch to the fat smash diet.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #66  

Beat, what is a leek detox? Never heard of it... Lol, I check the scale daily, but I flex so often I don't count it except for every Monday and Tuesday morning. Steve is a Mechanic in Dubuque, IA...which is about an hour and a half from Iowa City. It is hard to keep track of calories...glad you are going to try after detox.

YES, I did get a subbing job. It wasn't until pretty late this morning (6:50). I was working with kindergardeners. There is a big storm coming here...4 to 6 inches of snow after freezing rain! Yuck...they actually let school out early at 1:00 to get people home safely. I got paid for the full-day though Right after school I worked out for an hour and a half! I've followed my diet perfectly so far. I have some grapes coming up for my last snack.

SO...3 pts for exercise + 5 points for food (will soon be 6). I have 8...will have 9 points today.

This is the first weekend for a L O N G time I don't have to go anywhere...Steve is not even coming up. He has to work all week (I know I talked about that already...still bummed). One good thing though is I AM going to keep to my diet all weekend...no going out to eat, no drinking...I am going to get a great week!
Old 02-25-2008, 09:14 PM   #67  
Maintainer Wannabe

I just got off the treadmill, 30 min (2 mi). This morning I did my old favorite Firm - Complete Aerobics and Weight Training. So that's 3 for exercise and 6 for eating. 38 points so far.

The universe is conspiring against me - my daughter was sick today so I didn't get to go to the gym. Based on how she was acting tonight, I don't think she'll go to school tomorrow, either. So, I thought - I'll do the 5:45am spin class. Nope, there's not one on Tuesday. So, I decided to get up at that time and just run two laps around the neighborhood (4.2 mi) instead. Checked the weather - thunderstorms are predicted. :sigh:

I would like to hear more about this leek detox, too.

And Tessa, I admire anyone who can teach kindergarten. Just my two (one's 4 and one's 5) push me to my limits sometimes. A room full of 20 of them? :deer in headlights:
Old 02-26-2008, 07:25 AM   #68  

lol Ward...I can sub at least in Kindergarden...not real sure if I could teach it. It can be really trying, but I just find their enery and excitment about everything refreshing! I'm sorry that your daughter is sick Yuck! There really is some nasty stuff going around over here. Tis the time of year I guess. WTG yesterday...maybe something will happen today that will let you sneak out for a little bit.

Yes, I got a teaching job today! I'm a paraeducator (like a classroom assistant)...sounds good to me...kind of in a follow sort of mood this morning.

I was kind of hoping for a late start this morning because of the storm lastnight...no such luck though. Oh well. I had to park on a street about 6 blocks away, so that will be a fun wake-up call in 5 degree weather I guess. Can I count it as ap oint? lol jk

Yup, made 9 pts yesterday. Today my goal is 8...school will be running on a normal schedule lol.

I am already working on my breakfast this morning. Drinking a Vanella shake...pretty yummy. Today for lunch I get a peta with hummas with slimfast and some fruit. I am planning on working out after school. I've been doing pretty good with that.

LOL, I love weighing after a day or two of perfect dieting. I am down a pound from yesterday. I know I cant really count it unless it sticks until at least Monday, but it still feels good.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #69  

okay i haven't done my pouints in awhile and now can't remember!! Ont he 24th I got 6 for food and yesterday was also 6 for food. I couldn't workout because I was too week from the detox!! You basically only consume 54 calories all day!! But I am back to last week's weight so I feel better and I'm getting my new purse. Hopefully tomorrow! (Total points 96)

The leek detox: you boil leeks and drink the soup all day! Pretty straight forward and boring!! I lasted all day yesterday and had leek soup for breakfast today but I broke down and had PB for lunch!! It is from french women don't get fat. It usually helps me if I get stuck at a certain weight and is very good if you are retaining water!

Tessa what are you going to do this weekend?

Ward: My daughter is also sick!! I had to pick her up early from school yesterday.

anyways I am hoping to get a good workout in today before my oldest comes hoem from school we'll see if the baby cooperates!!
Old 02-26-2008, 09:51 PM   #70  

Beaut, did you end up getting a workout in today? The leek diet sounds yucky... lol. 96 calories...just for one day right? I've never heard of that. I bet it would get rid of lot of water weight and a good jumpstart. Sounds like your week is off to a great start!

Today I am doing great for diet and exercise again School went really well too...I actually got switched from the room I was at (the kid I was supposed to work with had an appointment that lasted all day) and put in another room to work with a new special education student...there was also a sub in that room, and she was having a very difficult time.

Did some cooking tonight too...fish with brussel sprouts and rice. It turned out very yummy.

Tomorrow I am subbing preschool again (same class as last Friday)
Old 02-27-2008, 09:36 AM   #71  
Maintainer Wannabe

I think I have the flu now, too. bleh. I got some points yesterday (9), but none for today I think. Total is now 47.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:10 AM   #72  

Okay I'm starting with points! Yesterday I worked out for 1 hour and was completly on plan so 8 points so a total of 104 points!!

The leek diet isn't bad. I read about it in French women don't get fat. If you liek leeks or onion or garlic you will like it. The soup is nice it just gets boring having only soup. I put salt pepper and garlic in mine otherwise it is too balnd. She has another version in her book that has more veggies in it. I haven't tried that one yet. I've done it 2x so far and both times it helped. I think I am going to use it around TOM and any other time I get stuck. I am down another pound today!! I think it is because of the leeks. It works out to about 50-100 calories for the day depending on how many leeks you use.

Tessa your dinners always sound so good!!

Ward
Old 02-27-2008, 10:23 AM   #73  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

hey guys- I haven't been really keep up with my points But I am still losing weight!

Last week I exercised three times (low, since I usually exercise for 5). I did go out one night and have 4 drinks. However, other than that, I ate well every day. Lots of fruits and Veggies and lowfat, low sugar yogurt for snacks. For last week, I guess I'll say I got 54 points. The half week not counted, I did better... all together I have around 100 points I suppose. I've just been so busy, it's hard to keep track.

Down 2.8 lbs in 2 weeks though. Not too bad. This week, however, I am really shooting for 2 lbs. That would bring me back where I left off before I fell off the wagon during the holidays.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:45 AM   #74  

Little moon good luck for this week. 2 lbs is very doable!! I am also hoping to lose 2.

I put my points in my signature that way I can remmeber otherwise I woudl have no clue how many I had!!
Old 02-28-2008, 08:39 AM   #75  

8 points for yesterday so 112.

I feel bloated this morning. Think I may take a laxative not sure what else to do btu It actually hurts and tomorrow is the last day to weigh in so I don't want water weight to ruin my weigh in!!