Old 02-21-2008, 06:09 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Okay as for points on the 19th I got 6 for food and 1 for exercise and yesterday I got only 4 for food (some bad choices in there) and none for exercise! Bringing me to 65 points total. How many do you need for the weekend getaway?

Iowa: I'm sorry about your ribs!! Are you okay? Does it hurt alot?

colaz- stranded with no food!!!! Wow!! You should definitely keep a few things in your purse!! Ikeep a fruit bar and a protein bar and some cheerios for my baby at all times. But truthfully that wouldn't have lasted a whole weekend!!

In canada we call paraeducators educational assistants.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:13 AM   #47  

I just went back to the first page to see what to do with my points I guess I have alot!! I think i am going to save them until May!! Then buy new clothes and go on a wekeend trip maybe!

I have to take my kids on the trip and I have 3 so I need more points for it! If 60 is for 2 people than I need 150 points to get the trip!! Good now I am motivated!!
Old 02-21-2008, 08:46 AM   #48  
Also known as Tessa :)

S/C/G: 220/160/130

Height: 5'5

Beaut, wow! You do have a lot of points saved up. LOL, I use at least 40 each week it seems like going out to eat or goinig out. I'm trying not too...but I would never be able to save up that much. I think I had 50 as the special weekend away trip. It is a good idea to save it...lol, you could save up points so your kids could go too lol. You really are doing great! Keep it up!

So, no job today That just really sucks. I only had three possible days this week that I could sub (No school on Monday for teacher conferences, and Tuesday there was that snow day) and I could not get one for today. A good thing is I do have one already set for tomorrow. I just really need the $$$. Ug!

Yesterday I did earn my 8 points I was hoping for. Today I should have another 8 if things go according to plan. I am hoping to cook tonight (Lemon Chicken with some potatoes).

I don't think I let you ladies know this yet...but a few weeks ago I was talked to entering this singing contest. For the first three weekends in February 15 or more people each night sing, and they pick the top 5 each night. I entered this contest and actually passed the first round. The next round is this weekend! I've been practicing...going to sing Born to Fly (Sara Evans) and Some Days you Gotta Dance (Dixie Chicks). I am singing on Saturday along with 15 other contestants...out of this group of Saturday they are picking the top 5 again, and this top five are going to sing again on Sunday. 3rd place on Sunday is going to get $250, 2nd is going to receive $500, and 1st is going to get $1000! Now, I am trying not to get my hopes too up. I've sang in a handful of weddings. I have more of a Disney Princess voice lol. I have a fairly decent voice, but not at all record lable worthy. I interact well with the crowd though, and I think that is what got me through a few weekends ago. So, I am going to try...the $$$ would be great. It is just a really fun experience.
colaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:18 AM   #49  

I rarely go out to eat ...with 3 kids it costs a fortune and these days DH is working alot and money is tight. In decmebre we went to europe and the middle eats for a family of 5 that was a major expense. So I basically eat in also I don't think it is worth it to go to a restaurant and have a salad. When I lose more weight I am planning to go out for a fancy dinner so I guess I'll use some points then!

Good luck with the contest. What do you think you will do with the $$ if you win?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:46 AM   #50  

beaut, I really think I am going to use part of the money (maybe a couple hundred) just to take a weekend away somewhere with Steve. We never get a the time or have the money to go or do anything super special. The rest of the money..that is if I win anymore than the $250...I am going to try to save up for the honeymoon.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:09 PM   #51  

Ok...day 2 of startover great! I have a perfect 8 point day again...so, now I have 16 points. I should have 24 by tomorrow...so no problem for going out to eat on Sunday with Steve

I worked out great tonight too! Half hour hard on the treadmil...ran (or jog really...5.5 mph) about 9 of the 30 minutes. That is pretty good for me.

Tonight I made Lemon Chicken with Garlic Mashed potatoes They turned out really yummy! I ate kind of fast though, and I have a bit of a stomach ache.

So, as long as my diet and exercise keep up all the way until Monday, my weigh in on Monday should be great! I skipped my weigh in this week because of my woman's monthly.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:54 AM   #52  

Tessa where woudl you go fro your weekend getaway? When are you getting married?

Tessa you are so smart for not weighing in with TOM!! I did it and was so depressed this week!

I'm down a pound from last week but I think it may be more due to TOM I'm still bloated so can't get a good reading on my true weight hopefully I will be good this weekend and see something nice on sunday or monday!
Old 02-22-2008, 06:55 AM   #53  

oh ya my points!!
Yesterday I was on plan for eating and exercised for an hour so 8 points bringing me up to 73 !!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:03 AM   #54  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I know I am coming in late here, but may I join you in the challenge? I just saw this!

We (me, husband, and two children) are going to Disney in April and I really need to be accountable until then. I want to be able to wear some of my summer clothes comfortably and also not be embarrassed to wear a swimsuit.

Then in mid-May our pool will be opening. I'd like to be down at least 15 pounds by then.

I started this journey (re-started, actually) in January weighing 161 pounds. I track my calories at calorie-count.com, and my goal is 1500/day. I usually go to the gym just about every day. I do weight training three times a week and cardio every day. I have been sick for the past week or so, and have "comforted" myself with bad food. I also didn't work out, and I find myself up 4 pounds from last week to 154.

I am looking forward to earning lots of points and losing lots of pounds!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:03 AM   #55  

Wow Beaut! WTG! LOL...share the love...pass some points around lol jk. As for when I'm getting married...lol, not even engaged yet. Getting close...we've talked about when we are getting married...thinking early October this year. Just waiting for the ring. if I could choose somewhere to go...I would love to go to Las Vegas! I've never been and neither has he. That would be a fun weekend away. We'll see.

So, today I am teaching in the preschool. I have my lunch and snacks packed and all ready to go. I am leaving tonight for home right after supper. Hoping to workout right after school...pack and then head home. I will try to check in this weekend while I'm at home, but I can't promise anything. The internet there isn't always very reliable. I'll be able to check in today after school though.

Hope everyone is having a great day! 16 points here so far....pluss one already for today. Should get my full 8 if things keep going as they are going
Old 02-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #56  

wardhog! When in april are you going to disney?

Tessa I can' beleive how many points I have!! I'm almost halfway to 150!!

I hope he pops the question soon and I hope you win the $$ so you can have a trip now and a honeymoon later!
I'm not sure where I will go for my weekend away! I'm thinking either philly (I used to live there) or Detroit (dream of living there)
I love vegas but watch out for those buffets!! They could derail anyones weightloss plans!!

Have a good weekend.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:22 PM   #57  

Wardhog, WELCOME and YES! Please join I'm sorry...we posted at the exact same time :0 The more the merrier! Which Disney are you guys going to (FL or CA)? I love Disneyworld! I've been there a few times with my family, and just a few years back I went on a mother/daughter trip to celebrate graduating college with just my mom I also went to Disneyland 3 summers back with a college friend of mine . We had a blast Sounds like you have some great things to set goals for. Yes...really watch what you eat until April, but then you have to eat the yummy Disney food!

Beaut, sounds like you have great destinations in mind. I can't remember...are you planning on doing this in May. I remember you were doing something...a cruise? Or was that someone else? lol WTG earning all of those points! WHOHOOO!

I have 4 points as of right now. I should have two more with healthy meals plans, and another two after doing Taebo and ab work. This is my goal.

So, preschool was lots of fun. I guess this class has had other subs that refuse to come back because of behavior, and the paras said this is the first time that the kids have been as quiet as they are for their teacher. That makes me feel so good I am already on this teachers perferred subs list...but now I bet I stay on lol

So, I'm not going to have time to workout NOW. I need to pack yet, eat some supper, and have a two hour drive home. I am hoping to practice for this weekend here a little bit before I go and again when I get home. I am planning on bring along my Taebo tape and kicking butt with that for 40 minutes, and then some ab work.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:41 PM   #58  
Maintainer Wannabe

Thanks for the warm welcomes! We will be going to Disneyworld in April. I have only been once, when I was about 12, and it will be the first time for my husband and kids. My daughter is 5 and really into the princess thing. She is going to flip!

I had a good day today - I'll give myself the full six for eating and three for exercise. I did a Group Power class (an hour of lifting) and 45 min of cardio.

points so far: 9
Old 02-23-2008, 07:32 PM   #59  

Tessa- It's not me going on the cruise...I wish. I guess I'll see how many points I have come may 18th and then start planning the trip so probably june. I also want to go to prince edward island but I have to convince dh.

Glad you had a good day at the preschool. what is your favorite age to teach?

How did the contest go?

Wardhog- 9 points wow!! WTG!! I have never gotten that many!!

As for me no exercise yesterday and ate an extra chocolate pretzel so 5 points only bringing me to 78. Today I went for a 45 min walk with DD and was on plan for eating so far but I am hoping to get another workout in we'll see cause I'm tired already!
Old 02-23-2008, 08:01 PM   #60  
Maintainer Wannabe

Eating was on plan again today, 6 points. I also worked out for two hours this morning, did a Group Ride class, then 30 min on the elliptical and 30 min on the treadmill (hills, 2 mi) + abs. 10 points for today, total - 19. I am going to need a lot of points for Disney!