Old 01-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hey all, I was away at YS Wrestling tourney. Did ok with my choices though, hit the treadmill at the hotel and drank only water while sitting in the bleachers.
Did have a couple beers at the hotel at night and also some hash browns and an english muffin w breakfast, but all in all, was pretty clean.

I think I'm getting close to my ticker weight too Sonja, will weigh Tuesday or Wednesday and let you know!! What kind of party did you have? I am not the world biggest housecleaning fan either, clean enough to live in, dirty enough to live in. Welcome to life with 3 men. 2 of whom I gave birth too, you'd think I'd have trained them better!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:06 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! I just weighed myself this morning and I'm floating right around 211 again. I think a lot of it is because my TOM is coming around in the next few days, so thats where the extra poundage is coming from! Not to mention last night I created my work out / food plan for this coming week, so I'm ready to go with that! =) Yippee!

MotherMavis - Good job for hitting the treadmill while you were away for the tournament!

Rachel - Way to go with the 2 lb loss, and also congrats with weaning your daughter off of the nursing!

Losing - Yay for being back to your ticker weight! I'm almost there myself and am very excited about it!

Just knowing that you ladies are doing a good job and staying on plan is a great motivator! I'm trying to talk myself into doing a quick workout dvd this morning, but I'm not sure if it's going to happen. Tomorrow though I plan to wake up before work (which means up at 5 am) and do a 30 minute dvd before work. Then after work I'm gonna try and hit up the Y for a 30 minute session on the elliptical! =) Yay!
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:15 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

OK, so yesterday was bad. I'm not in a happy place lately, and yesterday it came out on a bag of rice chips, which led into various bad eating forays throughout the day. No one thing that was just horrible, like a trip to McD's or something, but just not so good.
A confession: My relationship is not good, and I've been teetering on the edge of it for a long, long time now. I'm just too scared to end it, and still sort of hope that I can make it better! I just started going to therapy and this has been the theme, and we really got into it on Fri, so it's all i'm thinking about. Sigh.
So that hasn't helped with the binge tendencies the past few days, as I am obviously full of empty places that I would like to stuff with nasty foods.

BUT, after my icky day yesterday, I'm back OP today, woke up and got my butt to yoga which is HARD -- it's the type in the heated room (like 98 degrees). Then home for a bowl of oatmeal with a little cocoa and banana mixed in (thank you hungrygirl.com), and a cup of coffee, and now it's time to put the last details together for the potluck tonight.

KCW -- way to go getting a plan together. I love making schedules and stuff, but when I sat down to do it last night, I just couldn't! I think it's because of this party planning, it's throwing me off. Keep posting!!

Mavis -- very funny about your house. I was raised with two brothers, one of whom was blind, so my mom was less concerned with cleanliness and sterility than other mothers might be. The party is actually tonight, and it's for all my school friends, with a therapy theme, since we're all therapists in training. I thought of making up a game like "Pin the Issue on the Mother" but just couldn't get around to it.

Rachel -- I hope your weekend is going OK and OP!! Keep posting!! And congrats to you and the little one on three days boob free!

Maybe it's because it's the weekend, but where's michiemish and losing? Not to mention all the others who said they were joining!! Well, call me needy, but I'd love to hear from you girls!!

Have a good Sunday and wish me a very lucky potluck, meaning everyone brings carrots and low fat dressing!

Last edited by shrinkinglizzy; 01-06-2008 at 02:03 PM.
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:51 PM   #49  

Default Name change

I changed my name bc I think my boyfriend might read my posts sometimes, something I didn't mind but now I'm posting pretty personal stuff. It's still me, though!!
--S
Old 01-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #50  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Height: 5'5"

MotherMavis: Congrats on your choices while you were away. Exercising at the hotel, wow! The only exercise that I have ever done at a hotel is swim with my kids. I guess I am not that motivated yet. I'm working on it.

KCW: I hope you had a good weekend. Good luck getting up and getting your workout in. I have never been a morning person.

Shrinkingglizzy: Ha, ha....I was trying to fiqure that out. I was on page three, and I thought I missed someone. Anyways, how did you do that. I have been trying to fiqure how to change my name to something else. But I couldn't fiqure how to do it.
I hope you get things worked out one way or the other with your boyfriend. I know it has to be tough. Also, turn to the exercise for comfort instead of food. Okay that is coming from an emotional eater, who turns to comfort food when needed. I am still a work in progress.

So how was your party? It really sounded like fun.

Have a fantastic night! Talk to you ladies soon.

Oh yeah! I went to Chik-fil-a with son and went to movies yesterday. We shared a meal at Chick-fil-a and shared a popcorn. I also did eat a candy bar yesterday. I didn't gain. But the thing is, what I usually do, is say oh, why not be bad all day, since I am already bad. But I didn't do that. Instead, I alloted those calories in my day. I didn't go over my usually calories which is about 1200 to 1400 calories a day. This is a huge step forward for me.

And now you can say I am officially no longer nursing. Of course I am having more sleepless nights, but that will get better. So watch out girls. I am ready to loose some major weight. I can't make the baby my excuse anymore. So whose with me and ready to kick some butt this month?????

TTFN

Last edited by Mom23BC; 01-09-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Mom23BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:25 AM   #51  

Rachel - Congrats on ending the nursing. I nursed my boys, it is an awesome start for them and great for bonding, but it is also wonderful to get your boobs back!! Speaking of the girl's I went to the semi-annual sale at Victoria's Secret yesterday....I figured, yes, I may need new one's as I diet, but I might as well feel sexy on my way there. I just did my early am exercise also. 2 10 minute workouts, abs and natual lift for the girls. It is supposed to be warm today, so I am going to take a 2 mile walk at lunch too.

S - hang in there. Trying to catch you IS my motivation.

KC - Here's to your planning for the week! Stick with it!

Everybody else, it's a new week, get your skinnier selves back on board!!

Last edited by mothermavis; 01-07-2008 at 06:28 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:52 AM   #52  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Good morning ladies

I totally blew Saturday.... Thankfully I was able to jump back on track yesterday. I will not be able to see what damage I did on the scale until tomorrow. I know I was up a pound and some ozs Sunday morning but who knows if it's still there or not.
I couldn't sleep at all last night....got probably an hour if that. It will be early to bed for me tonight.

Mom2~ Glad to hear your daughter decided to let you stop nursing. Will make staying in control a little easier for you. Hope she starts sleeping more for ya though. What movie did you go and see?

S- Hope things get better for you girly. Either way your relationship goes your going to be smokin hot in a few months so watch out boyfriend It's nice to be missed I don't have a lot of computer time on the weekend...or maybe I should say I don't have enough ALONE time on the weekends to post much here. My husband is always right there not letting me get any of my thoughts down. I'm one of those people that can't stand when someone is looking over me. I remember in school messing up on problems just because the teacher was behind me. If I tell him to go away he thinks I have something I don't want him to see...MEN Although I do ...I don't want him to know my weight thats for sure

KC~ Did you get that extra exercise in? I'm not a morning person either. If I know I have an extra 30 minutes I will spend it sleeping

On a sad note ...we lost a little fmily member last night One of my daughters goldfish died. Poor thing...my daughter found it floating at the top of the tank. I think he ate himself to death ( should say it ..didn't know if it was s/he) we all feed the fish sometimes many times a day. The one that died was a little piggy. He would eat the flakes that were bigger than him in a second. So we are down to one fish again...and I'm sure my daughter will talk me into buying another one so the other isn't lonely.

Have a good day everyone
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #53  
Fea
My Reality Check bounced.

S/C/G: 168/159/126

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone.

Like Ive probably already mentioned Ive weighed myself almost every day since I started eating healthily Its hovered between 5 and 4lb loss over the past couple of days and so Ive recorded a loss of 3lb - just to keep myself going after I caught a glimpse of my piggy like face in my mums mirror which depressed me quite a bit - on Wednesday, which Im counting as my official weigh in day, I'll hopefully be able to knock off another 1lb on that ticker!

Last edited by Fea; 01-07-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Fea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:02 PM   #54  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Height: 5'5"

MotherMavis: Congrats on getting your butt up to do your workout. You so motivate me. And yes it does feel great to have my boobs back. Plus she was biting me all the time and then she would laugh about it.
Sounds like fun going to Victoria Secrets with your daughters. (ha, ha....just reread your post......slap me on the forehead....I get it now). I am soooo far away from going there (Victoria Secrets). But by next year...I'll be there.

Losing4another: I had a son/mother day and we went to see Alvin and the Chipmucks. It was really cute. My older son was staying with his Nana and hubby had the baby. It was a great day. And we bought a fish for him. We will try not to overfeed. Sorry to hear about your fish. Awhile back ago, we had a fish that jumped out of his bowl and we found him the next morning dead on the floor. We went out and bought another one, and our sons didn't even know. Of course, they were younger and wouldn't notice that kind of thing.

Fea: It sounds like you are doing so good. Good job!!!!!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

TTFN
Mom23BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:53 PM   #55  

Good evening everyone! This is just going to be a quick update real fast, I'll give an individualized post later! So I didn't wake up early this morning and work out =(. My alarm went off at 5:00 am and I reset it for 5:45.. whoops. Tomorrow though, I'll be up early, period. So I'm getting back into the work mode now, today was tough, I drank a bottle of water at work (tomorrow I"m going to try for 2) I ate a good lunch, and by the time I got home I was starving, so I endeed up getting a double cheeseburger and small fry from Burger King. =( But on a positive note, I just did a 30 minute hip hop abs, and I'm getting ready to do the 3 mile (45 minute) walk away the pounds. YAY (Thats why I didn't want to do a long drawn out post, because I figure I need to do WATP right now when I want to do it!) Hahaha.... More later on tonight!

Peace out girlscouts!
Old 01-07-2008, 08:36 PM   #56  

hello hello
1 -- the party was awesome, i don't think i overate, but i couldn't keep track of the cals. it was really fun seeing my school friends outside of school. on the downside, i drank A LOT, as is my way. But now i'm back to no drinking.
2 -- rachel, i PMed to suzanne to get help with the name change, she had to do it. they say they don't want you to do it too much, like only once, so if you do it, make it a keeper!
3 -- i think i'm embarking on a difficult couple of months with this relationship crisis. on the plus side, my stomach is in knots, which might prove to be a super diet!

KC -- it sounds like you're doing great on the exercise and all. It's great to get the exercise in even if you ate food that you weren't planning to!

Rachel -- good luck with the fish. The idea of a fish jumping out of its bowl gives me the willies -- i had a bad nightmare when i was REALLY young about that and it still holds a really primal shiver for me.

Fea -- piggy face?? you know what's funny is when I read your posts, i think in an English accent, and when I do that, it sounds OK to call yourself a piggy face. But when I think of that in an American accent, I think, "none of that negative self talk! you're not a piggy face!" Anyway, way to go on the weight loss!! I weigh every day too. I can't help it. I have to. The scale calls to me.

Losing -- i know what you mean about not liking to write when someone is looking over your shoulder. I can't do it either, luckily the boyfriend has learned to leave me alone. And sorry about the fishie!!

Mavis -- i'm back, baby. yoga yesterday, gym today (OH MY GOD IT WAS SO CROWDED!!)...i'm really hoping for 143 tomorrow but...er, well, i don't have a good feeling about that. Glad to hear you treated yourself to a boulder holder,
the girls deserve a comfy home!

--S
Old 01-08-2008, 06:13 AM   #57  

S- you are doing great, welcome back!

I'll copy S on everyone else, glad to hear from everybody! Just a quick post, then I have to exercise b4 work.

Drumroll please, I am back to 152.4, that should put me below 150 by next week. S- here I come

Just signed up for TBL challenge with a starting weight of 152, it starts Sunday so should maybe be even a little lighter by then but figured that was entirely doable!

Last edited by mothermavis; 01-08-2008 at 06:13 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #58  

official weigh in today. still at 145. somebody pass me a box of kleenex!
i left my Nalgene at yoga so I know I haven't been drinking enough without it, but I just can't believe that that's the whole story. Oh well. I realize I could just get frustrated and give up -- if i'm going to weigh the same whether I'm eating fast food or raw veggies, then what's the point of all this work? But, I'm not giving up, I promise, I know that despite the numbers, my body must be changing in ways that I don't know yet. My pants definitely felt looser yesterday, and I think I'm seeing the very subtle beginnings of muscle definition in my stomach.
Just, what the ****?? Why oh why won't that scale move??
Old 01-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #59  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

I went to my WW meeting today:d for some reason they always give me a boost for another week. I got my I lost 10 pounds ribbon too....infront of all the newbies we had today...i was the test dummy for today to prove WW works I guess

S- don't give up the scale will move. what about sleep are you getting enough? I know the scale doesn't move as quick for me when I'm lacking sleep...this week would be a good example With just over an hour of sleep yesterday night and maybe 2 and half last night. I will have to break down and take some sleeping meds if i can't sleep tonight.....hate doing it though cause then I want to sleep the entire next day.

Mom2- He jumped out of HIS BOWL????? Wow go little fishie...although sad cause he killed himself. Well, replacing it is a good idea if you can get away with it...however dd found the fish and two he was a cool looking fish (he was dark deep orange with black on his head and tail) and three shes 12 and would smell the rat if I tried to replace it The one left she won at the fair. I remember thinking PLEASE don't win and of course she does. Then she though he/ it needed friends so you probably know how that story goes with your own kids. Just as I was starting to write this post she comes in and says MOM nemo is lonely ..he keeps swimming around looking for his friend I knew that was coming it just took a little longer than I thought. Right now hes in a bowl while I'm waiting for his tank to be ready...."please oh please don't jump out of the bowl little fish" The tank has a top and a light so I know hes not going anywhere once hes in there again.

KC- hehe thats probaly what I would have done too. The thought would have been nice but I know I'm not going to be doing a work out anytime before 10 am at least You still got the exercise in though so YAY!!!! Keep it up

motherMavis~ Almost touching those 40's

fea- THREE POUNDS You may be our winner this month.

Okay have to get starting on my bathrooms....anyone want to come over and clean my bathrooms I know don't hold my breath or I'm dead

Have a good evening everyone
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #60  

Good evening ladies.

So S. I feel like you do today. I'm so sick of looking at the scale and not seeing the weight go down. True, I haven't been eating like I should be, but I've been eating better than I was before, and I've been working out at least 40 minutes everday. I'm starting to feel a difference in my legs, but thats about it. I'm just upset that I've been doing better, but my weight has gone up to 213, and it has stayed there for the past few days.

Not to mention I'm not feeling so hot today. I didn't get up this morning to workout, because I was exhausted still, then work was so-so.. the kids that I have right now are starting to get on my last nerve. For all of you who are parents, sorry if you take a offense to a teacher complaining about what could be your kids!

But anyway I've got a huge headache. I got home at 4 and took a nap, and woke up and still had a huge headache. I want to work out, but honestly dont feel good, and really don't want to. Especially since I'm not seeing the results I want to see. I know I just need to stick with it, but its hard to stick with it when you don't see much of a change. Okay, time to curl back up on the couch for awhile under a blanket and hope the headache goes away.