Old 01-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #136  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Height: 5'5"

kc: Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like alot of drama.

Losing4another: Glad to hear you are back on track.

S: Congrats on the the loss of pounds. As far as the *abortion* issue, I am going to say you will have people that is on one side or the other. It is just like politics. I am sure that we are not all of the same affiliation. As far as the other issue goes, I will be honest with you. The thought ties up my stomach every time I read (think about) the post. Due to my strong religious faith, I do have strong opinions about it. Now, with that said, I can tell you that even though we all have different life styles and beliefs, we all do have one thing in common. We all want to lose weight with the support of friends that we have made on this board. I hope this was okay that I voiced my opinion!

So, I hope everyone is doing good. I did go for a walk again with the kids today. My kids crack me up. If they were with friends, they could walk and run all day. With me, after five minutes, they are complaining. Here's to a great day to everyone.

Last edited by Mom23BC; 01-22-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Mom23BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #137  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

Still here ladies. Fighting that cold but still going...First day on the job was okay. As ususal, lots of paperwork and lots of meeting new people. The new boss is pretty intimidating - not even a 'hello' or 'goodbye', let alone a 'hi, how are you'. We'll have to see about that.

KC: Gheez....and I thought I had the sister-in-law from ****. Your poor mom. I really hope your familiy gets things worked out.

Losing: Glad you are back OP. It always feels so good to be OP as opposed to off.

Shrinking and Mother: Without going into my opinions on abortion I just want to say that it's really neat that you two can express a difference of opinion on a super senstive issue but still find common ground. Just another reason I love 3FC.

Last edited by wish4fit; 01-22-2008 at 07:52 PM.
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #138  
TBL-Red Team Member

wish4fit: Oh, I hope your boss gets better. I would hate to have to work for a boss like that. Minus the boss, did you enjoy your first day?

S: Just wanted to send some love.

Last edited by Mom23BC; 01-22-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:44 AM   #139  
TBL-Red Team Member

I was horrible yesterday. Expecting a gain, but I got a 1/2 pound loss. Yeah! So now I only have a pound left to hit my goal this month.

I hope all is doing good today!
Old 01-23-2008, 01:01 PM   #140  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Mom2~ maybe your body needed the extra calories. It's good to keep surprising your body.

Wish~ Hope your feeling better today. Everyone seems to be sick...thankfully still not me Now that I've said that I probably will get sick now
It does feel good to be back on track. Proud of myself for getting some healthy and lowfat snacks in the house. i bought some sugar free chocolate pudding . I Kinda thought I wouldn't like the sugar free but it's not so bad...maybe because i haven't had sugar in a few days I really don't taste to much of a difference.

S- I don't want to bring up the abortion issue again but was wondering ....is it a pill they take to bring on the abortion? I'm sure either way it was be painfull. I was just wondering and thought that would be the only way a doctor would say go and do this at home right?
Woohoo on that scale finally moving for you
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:12 PM   #141  
TBL-Red Team Member

Losing4another: Congrats on getting healthy foods in the house.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Congrats everyone on how you're doing right now! So I freaked out the other day because my wieght jumped back up from 207 to 208.5....well this morning, I was down to 206.5!!! YAAAAY So maybe it was all water weight. Whoo hoo! 1.5 pounds to go to be where I want to be at the end of the month. I have 1 week. I CAN and WILL do it! =)
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:21 PM   #143  
Day 1 back on plan...

Kc- You go girl...... you can do it
Old 01-24-2008, 09:23 AM   #144  
TBL-Red Team Member

KC: Congrats on the weight loss. You can do it. You just reminded me how close we are to the end of the month. I don't think I really realized how many days we have left. I guess I shouldn't have went out to Mexican last night!!!!!! Okay, 1 pound to go. Seven days left.

Good Morning everyone. I hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

That's what I was thinking Mom... I really shouldn't have eaten out the past 2 days at lunch... Only a week left, and I don't know how much to go. HA. I was at 206.5, this morning, 207.5. Who knows where I'll be tomorrow! =)

I just got done with the Turbo Jam 20 minute workout, because thats all I had time for right now. Now I'm off to a friends house for dinner. Then back home to grade finals. I can't wait until this weekend is over and I have new classes and less grading! =) Whoo hoo. Okay, off to dinner!
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:52 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi all --

So, I've been holding for 3 days at 142...woo hoo!! which means I have to lose 2 lbs in the next week to meet goal...somehow I doubt that'll happen but that won't stop me from trying.

i'm sneaking some computer time at my internship right now to say hi -- and then i'm off to the gym. i'm contemplating buying a new laptop -- anyone have any love or hate stories about theirs? who needs consumer reports when you can solicit advice from 3FC??

as for the abortion pill -- and this is the last i'll say on the topic -- it is actually a series of pills you take, one while still at the clinic and 4 at home, that force the pregnancy tissue out of the body. Then you MUST return to the clinic a week later to make sure everything is OK. It's pretty painful, crampy, unpleasant all around.

i do apologize for bringing up political stuff.

ok ladies, i guess i'll finally get my booty moving to the gym (I am procrastinating real bad right now!)

Oh and by the way, the peanut butter pretzels ALMOST got me again today, but I zipped up the bag and put them in the closet. Ate about 2 servings and that was that (much better than last time).

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:25 PM   #147  
Day 1 back on plan...

Me too. I went out to eat tonight..... I went over my points by about 12 or so. Darn it! I should have stayed home but I really needed to get out of the house.

S- Your tough I can't have those things in the house without eating them.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

NEW COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!

Where is everyone?? Now that I'm able to post again, no one is around!! Oh well, hopefully you're all out jogging or something.

Losing -- the pretzels are not in my house, they are at work. I'm a counselor for kids, and so we have a ton of food for snacks (thankfully, mostly healthy snacks), and those pretzels are one of the things we have. I don't think I could have them at home, either!!

So, I haven't exercised today or yesterday, and haven't been able to keep track of my calories so I don't think I did too well. Back on track today, though. I feel re-motivated and I don't feel like I fell that far off course. Also planning to get myself a points calculator and start counting points instead of calories, because this just aint working!!

Hope you hear from you all!

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #149  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi girls - it's been awhile. I have just been a bit overwhelmed trying to adjust to a new schedule. I have found that my days are better when I am making regular posts, so I am going to attempt to be better.

I did lose a pound though, even while being sick. That means I have 1 pound to go to reach my Feb 1 goal. There's only a few days left, so I need to get on it!!!! I have been eating okay, but getting little exercise, so need to step that up somehow.

Mom: U only have 1 pound left too. We can do this!
KC: U are almost there too. Let's get it done!!
Losing: Restaurants are a tough business. My Friday wasn't too great because of a Tibetan restaurant....Oh well, back on the saddle!!
Shrinking: Congrats on the new computer. Guess we'll be seeing lots of you again

Hope u all are having a lovely weekend. Good luck on the home stretch!
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #150  
TBL-Red Team Member

S:
Quote:
i do apologize for bringing up political stuff.
Don't worry about it. That's what I love about this country. We have the privelege to disagree with others and have our own opinion without fear.

Quote:
Oh and by the way, the peanut butter pretzels ALMOST got me again today, but I zipped up the bag and put them in the closet. Ate about 2 servings and that was that (much better than last time).
Good job! Those things sound great.

Quote:
NEW COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!
Yeah for you! Now we will be able to "talk" more with you!

Quote:
Where is everyone??
Okay! Sorry I haven't been around. I had been gone from the house most of the time. Then yesterday I was in bed most of the day. TOM finally decided to catch up with me. It had been almost 2 years since my last one. That was one great thing about nursing the baby. Well, I don't handle TOM well if I am not on the pill. My cramping is very strong. So now I need to get to the doctor to get me on the pill to help regulate me better. After my 2nd child, I had periods every other week until I got on the pill. And let me tell you, I am not pretty when its PMS time. So now that is my excuse for not being on for awhile. Where is everyone??????????? Probably the weekend????

On a different note! No one really wants to hear about my PMS ordeal. I am so psyched. On the thread of TBL Red team, someone had mentioned about the Couch to 5k program, so I decided to go look that up on the internet. Well, you know that I am taking my kids walking to complete a mini-kids-marathon. Well, I think I am going to get my kids to start running. And the couch to 3 or 5k (can't remember which), looks doable. I have always been scared to do alot of running because of the stories I hear about knee injuries. But, its not like I want to run a full marathon or anything. I won't be doing those distances, so maybe if we just stretch properly, wear the right shoes, etc., I won't have anything to worry about. Any advice is welcome.

This running thing excites me. My kids, esp. my olest, gets very tired easy. I want to be the family that is outdoors alot, hiking etc. So hopefully next year this time, my family will have done a complete 180 in there attitude of what can be done physically.

My plan is to keep a log and every time they complete the milage for a Marathon (is it 26.2 miles?), we are going to do something special. If they incorprate running into that, we are going to do two things that are special.

Losing:

Quote:
Me too. I went out to eat tonight..... I went over my points by about 12 or so. Darn it! I should have stayed home but I really needed to get out of the house.
Getting out of the house is what gets me sometimes. I hope you are back on track. Friday, I was out of the house all day. Went to McD. twice, but all I had were the apples they have and a bite of hamburger. Now yesterday was a different story. Bowl of ice cream (big one) and a chocolate bar. But, that's okay. I still look at this different this time. I would use to be bad the whole day if I was bad once. I would start over the next day. It seemed that I started the next day a lot.

I hope everyone is having a great day.