Old 01-28-2008, 12:43 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Feeling horribly discouraged and very unmotivated, nothing not an ounce lost and all my hard work all week!!! Jeez!! Three hours of formal exercise, plus all my usual running around as part of my job, plus watching what i eat and nothing. Sigh. Not an ounce. Im feeling very despondent right now, but luckily havent turned to the comfort food, it just makes me so cross, surely my body doesnt want to keep this fat?! Grrrrrr!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #92  

Height: 5'8"

Hey, everybody--sorry I haven't checked in for so long! (I have been thinking about you.) Been busy keeping my fingers crossed that my mom's new house purchase goes through. (The sellers have to solidify the house they're trying to buy.) Much company, much kid stuff. Weight is okay but not great--down four pounds. Making a big push this week. Had to buy concealer for Small Girl yesterday as preschool class pictures were today and she had a green goose-egg on her forehead.

Blah blah blah...that's how I feel. Keep up the good work, everybody!
MsLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #93  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

Dubh ~ What kind of dog do you have?

Piggin ~ I'm proud of you for not turning to uncomfort food.

Hi Lizzie!

Tomorrow is WI, don't think I did good but I'm not sweating it. Starting off tomorrow early with a trip to the gym before my meeting.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:09 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Good morning girls - I'm up a bit this week as well - but I'm not stressing. I need to refocus. I know I'm doing good - and this is the longest I've been able to stick with anything - I just need to stick with it for another #50ish pounds! then the maintenance portion.

I CAN DO THIS!!! I CAN DO ANYTHING!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:57 AM   #95  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Piggin
I so totally know about being discouraged. I've joined another challange and I am not going to step on a scale until the end of February. I think I slack off because I see there's no change on the scale week to week and at this point (with my last few lbs to loose) one slip up can sabotage the entire week.

My comfort food are these naked pita chips we've gotten. The children love them and I'd rather keep those as a snack for them than regular chips but oh man...they are so good and crunchy with a little sea salt. My mouth is watering just thinking of them!

JasonsLea
WTG on not sweating the WI and going to the gym. I always feel so glorious after a work out, i wonder why I make excuses all the time...

Eny
I guess that our life will be that right...a few slip ups here and there with consequences and then the turn around.

My eating has been on point...I worked out yesterday...long and hard and it felt awesome!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #96  
Formerly piggin podgey

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5 ft 4

so im feeling much more positive today, eating has been OP - i just need to really focus and not get tempted and side tracked!! Things are hectic at work so its all about planning! Luckily I have a pretty active job, so im going to really keep focused on the calories and fat for this week, and hopefully for the February challenge I will see a loss!!
Lekhika - I am exactly the same, one slip up and I give myself permission to ruin the whole day, I just cant keep tempting treats in the house - so i feel your pain! I dont have children so luckily I dont have those kind of treats in the house that your children enjoy. Stay strong and hide those pita chips away!!! LOL!!
Talking of families, Im hoping in a couple of years to maybe start a family, I really really want to be a healthy weight before that happens, I dont want to be big and then get bigger and then have the struggle all over again. It does me good to sometimes look at the bigger picture, this isnt just a quick fix its a life change.
stillpigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:26 PM   #97  

hi ladies : ) Nice to read everyones posts, figured I would pop in before hitting the hay. THe past 2 days have gone quite well, I am back to sipping on water again (especially at night) and it really helps a lot..with apetite and releasing any extra fluids. I am also snacking on bunny luv carrots and my f.f ranch veggie dip which is a real filler and satisfies that crunch urge. TOm is due any day and I dont feel too great right now physically but I a m not as bloated as I normally get and I think its the water that's helping and also eating light the past 2 days.

Lekhika, nice to hear from you...keep on truckin' girl.

Pigginpodgey, I am glad you had a better day today. Bravo for hanging in there and keeping at it. I recall in the past you mentioning the same scenario and then when you kept at it you would see a drop of a few pounds. I experience the same thing sometimes and it sure can be frustrating....feels like body really puts up a good fight but when I just keep at it all of a sudden there would be an abrupt weight loss. I know I tend to hang onto fluids sometimes and I feel with me that may be a factor when and if I dont see the results I am expecting. ANyhow, today is a new day and congrats for an OP day and that positive thinking go girl! same here, one day at a time! Tomorrow, I will focus on tomorrow.

ENygirl, that is an accomplishment in itself....your sticking with it and maintaining that positive thinking, way to go! Sure you can do it! YOu did that 5k girl and you kicked butt!

Duby, ty for the words of encouragment as well!

MsLizzy....congratulations on the 4lb. weight loss! Hoping the deal goes through on the house as well, good luck and keep us posted

jasonsLea, yikessssss! lol yikes in response to what your mom said about the cafeteria food there! That would scare me. I have not gone to the cafeteria thus far this week and now that dad can finally eat again, horaaaaaay , I just bring in something to eat and keep him company in his room instead of heading down to the caf. Good luck with your meeting tomorrow hon, I think it's wonderful that your going.

Well my ladies, it's a bit early still for me to go to bed but I am soooooooo tired and want my energy for tomorrow. The water I have been sipping on all night has helped so much in that I am not hungry for any nightime snack. It was great to hear from everyone. Here is to wishing us all a new day tomorrow and a good OP day . I'll check in again tomorrow. NIght girls
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:35 AM   #98  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

everyone!

I had a 1.4 gain this week. I'm okay with that cause it could have been WAY worse and I'm back on track now.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

JasonsLea - It is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. He is extremely friendly but boisterous and intimidating. I have another dog which used to be a street dog, which is the sweetest, calmest one-eyed dog, the absolute opposite of the other dog.

I am going to weigh in today as I will be away for a few days. I actually thought I was doing better up until today when I realized that the scale was on a slight slant. I fixed that and went up two pounds. Grrr!

Weight at the beginning of Jan: 165 pounds
Weight at the end of Jan: 157 pounds

Whoo hoo 8 pounds!

I am very pleased with that. Granted I expected a big drop at the beginning of the month as I piled the weight on quickly over Christmas and New Years.
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:04 PM   #100  
Formerly piggin podgey

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5 ft 4

Hang on in there Jasonslea- your so right it could have been so much worse!

Dubh - Great news on your weight loss, thats really great, what a great start to 2008!!
FSA- thank you for the encouragement, i know i just have to keep at it, its not just about the scales either thats something else i need to remember its about being healthier also.

Ive had a busy busy day today, I did have a burger at the end of the day, but im hoping by my low calorie intake all day this will all balance out. My feet ache from being on my feet all day so im off for a deep hot bath and then bed!! Hope your all keeping up the hard work!!
stillpigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:14 PM   #101  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

hardcore cardio and eating was excellent!

I'm also a little sore from the weights I did yesterday.

All in all a very good day indeed.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:14 AM   #102  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

everyone!

Dubh ~ I've never heard of that type of dog. WTG on your loss this month!
Old 02-01-2008, 02:19 AM   #103  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

End of January all!

3 out of my goal of 5 lbs lost! See you in the new thread!

Feb Challenge
Old 02-01-2008, 11:23 AM   #104  

Hi ladiessss, congrats to us all on completing our month! : ) congrats to all for any weight loss, healthier lifestyle changes, etc. etc.

My past week has been very good except for one day where I side tracked. All in all, I would describe my month as being utilized in getting back to the program. Now that I am here, ready to take it up a notch or rather keep on truckin! I am eager for our new month. I got TOM today and not feeling so good but I didn't get any pre-TOM increased apetite or cravings this month so I am happy with that.

HOpe everyone is having a great day, I'll see you girls over in our new thread.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #105  

dubhhhhhhh, way to go bravo on the 8lb. loss! COngrats to you too Jasons Lea, on the 3 of 5 goals met! Lekhika, hi there! : ) okay my ladies, I have to move my tail....catch up wtih you soon. Let's keep on rockin'