Old 01-22-2008, 06:44 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

My head is pounding, dont you hate it when you wake up with a headache?! So im at work trying to get through the emails.
I had a good day yesterday, my god the gym was hard! Its been a while since i went, i even had a sweaty back! Sorry too much information!! hehe!! Was lovely to have my friends back, they have been on holiday so it was nice to catch up with my gym buddy! She also brought me my favourite perfume back as a present, Viktor and Rolfs flowerbomb, yummmy!!

So eating was pretty good, exercise was good. Im taking it a day at a time, when i start looking at weeks i seem to stress myself out considerabley. So baby steps for me.

WTG on the exercise dubh, i cant wait for that to happen for me, i still have to talk myself into it!

Jasonslea - I dont think i have any advice for you, i cant bear to have treats or temptations in the house, so i think i would struggle! Maybe make your own snacks, lunches ect and take them with you?! Do you get a proper lunch break? If you do maybe go and sit in the park and eat or something?! I find the only way for me survive is to get as far away from the temptation as possible! Good luck!!

So plans for today, eat healthy, go to the gym for an hour, housework, talk to scottish man and bed! Oh and maybe some work in there somewhere also!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:39 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

piggin - i understand - when i start stressing a TON I just naturally put on weight. This week - i'm at my wits end and I'm back up to #183.6 this morning. I saw the #180 on the scale last week.. I didn't eat too horribly, and I've been good since Sunday... but alas - I'm still up! Which of course stresses me out more because I really wanted to beat my goal for this month and start moving onto my Valentine's day goal - but unless something DRASTIC happens the rest of this week then I'll be lucky to hit my Super Bowl Goal. Ugh...

Why does this have to be SO hard????!!?!?!?!?!?!?
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:04 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

JasonsLea – I used to eat way to much during work, snack all day and at lunch go and buy greasy food and lots of it. If I was buying food from somewhere it always felt like a treat and if I was going to hand over money I wanted the tastiest food there was (for me salty and fatty). Now my lunch is delivered (that is not as decadent as it sounds; my boyfriend’s aunt lives near the office and wanted to make some extra money so she provides lunch for all the office) As we pay weekly I never need to bring money with me, and as there is no money in my pocket I don’t even think about going and getting a snack. Can you bring lunch with you and leave money at home so the temptation to grab a snack isn’t there?

I noticed my belly getting bigger and the scales were climbing up despite exercising a fair amount. I realized I wasn’t drinking much water. I upped my water intake over the last couple days and the belly flattened and the scales dropped. It is incredible how much it affects your weight and appearance of your body.

I may be going surfing this weekend. (I can’t surf, I have only tried it once before and loved it). So my plan for the next few days is to work on my upper body strength. Having a goal such as this makes exercising so much easier! I am looking forward to working on my strength. Last time I tried to surf I hadn’t lifted anything heavier than a pen for years!
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:56 PM   #79  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Piggin ~ I woke up with a headache today too! I'm only parttime so I only get a 15 min break but the problem isn't hunger, I just eat to eat! It's 99.9% mental/emotional.

Eny ~

Dub ~ Surfing sounds fun....but I can't swim so none for me! LOL

Surprise, surprise.....seriously: down 3.6 this week.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:47 PM   #80  

ok - i'm back on the wagon - I've eaten good all week so far - I've exercised 2 days now - and this morning #180.4 on the scale. I changed my ticker even though it's not official - because I need something happy to look at.

& to all
Old 01-24-2008, 02:52 AM   #81  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Eny.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

So ive been having a good week with regards to the eating, Im going either to the gym or walking tonight, my new committment to myself is to exercise at least 3- 4 times a week. So far Ive done formal exercise twice this week, tonight will be my third and I will do something over the weekend. Eating has been pretty good, Im trying to keep away from those damn scales, I stepped on them this morning and I was up 2lbs from yesterday... arrgggh! I know i know about water retention and all the rest of it, but it still makes you cross!! Hope your having a good day!!

Good for getting back on the wagon enygirl, WTG!!

Last edited by pigginpodgey; 01-24-2008 at 07:21 AM.
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #83  

Shari - thatnks for the sympathy on all of my whining.. I know that things will slow down and get better next month.

I went out to lunch w/ my department today - and I had to have ice cream... I haven't had any in MONTHS and it sounded SO good!

I was up a little bit this morning. I think a lot of it is from not getting enough sleep at night as well. I'm going to start having my veg time and sleep time back on schedule too. I'm doing a good workout tonight. Pilates I think... It'll be good.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #84  

How is every one doing? A little less than a week left. I have been pretty good the latter half of the month. I have been doing some physical activity most days. My eating isn’t great but as long as I continue exercising I am not worried about it. I had a sneak preview on the scales and it’s looking pretty good although I don’t want to Jinx it, there is still another week I can’t get slack.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:24 PM   #85  

dub - good to see you again! you and I seem quite close to eachother timeline wise. joined the same time - have lost #20ish pounds... I think I've found my new diet buddy! I like being able to be around people that are in the same boat that I am - and that are around the same goal and place that I am in.

piggin - good for you doing so good this week!

here's some for all
Old 01-26-2008, 05:52 AM   #86  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Today I felt pretty....it felt GREAT!
Old 01-26-2008, 04:16 PM   #87  

Yes - that's me- after my FIRST 5K walk-race! I TOOK FIRST IN MY AGE GROUP with a 52:59! even with snow under foot - and it being 28 degrees today... I rock!

I feel so smoking right now!

Shari - You're EXTREMELY pretty (I've seen pictures) - but it's Awesome to feel it!

It's a great day girls - and I'll post more tomorrow after weigh in - right now I'm tired!
Old 01-27-2008, 11:42 AM   #88  

good morning ladiesssssssssssss

Sorry I have not come in, it's been soooo busy around here the past week, more! I go to the hospital every day and get back close to dinner time at which time I make dinner and then am pretty bushed! Hit the couch and watch t.v. I have also been busy going for tests myself as it was part of my goal for the new year and plus had a few things to get checked out. I am working on a lot of things rightnow and this past week has not gone as well as I wanted..

Jasons LEa, I eat at the hospital every day...mom and I go to the cafeteria for break and there isn't too much of anything healthy there. I wish they would at least make sandwiches! Its hot food or fried junk...I often grab a grilled cheese but that's not good for me, they grill it with butter and reg. cheese whereas at home I would always use wheat bread, no butter, and f.f kraft if I had an inkling for one. I am going to start bringing in my own lunch and when we go to the cafeteria I can eat it there!

Enygirllllllllll, cogratulationssssssss on the 5k walk and coming in first! yes you do rock that is awesome! great job! I am glad the scale went back down for you too.

pigginpodgey, glad you had a good week....keep on truckin! : )

Lekhika, h ow are you girl? how did everything go? I hope all is going well....drop a li ne whne you get the chance.

HI dubh, keep up the good work. It's great your doing some physical activity most days. I really need and want to start again in that dept. but I am on hold for right now until i get back some more results. It helps in soooooooooo many ways, keep it rockin

I am home today, I am taking the day off from the hospital as I have soooooo much to catch up with here at the house. With my being sick for 2 weeks and then all the other stuff going on , I got behind. Today is a good day for me to catch up with my duties around here and get the ingredients and plan my lunches that I will be taking with me this coming week. I miss you girls. Hope you all have a fantastic day and that we talk soon.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:58 AM   #89  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

everyone!

WOOOT Eny! WTG sweetie! Thanks for the compliment.

FSA ~ My mama doesn't allow me to eat in our hospital cafeteria. She's the chief assistant of EMS (housekeeping) and she says it's not 'safe' to eat in there right now.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #90  

Congratulations Enygirl! Nice work on the 5k walk! We are nearly perfectly matched with our goals and timelines. It would be great to be your diet buddy, I need all the help I can get ! And of course I would like to support you all I can. A girl I work with is also trying to get in shape as we want to climb a volcano in April. It helps me get up in the morning knowing that someone else is waiting for me.

Thanks FullSteamAhead, words of encouragement always help sooo much. I am sure you will be back on track in no time!

Lekhika – I haven’t seen you on here for a long time, is everything okay?

JasonsLea - Isn’t it a great feeling when you feel ‘Pretty’. Only recently I have started to feel a little more confident when I go out and I make more of an effort rather than hiding behind baggy clothes. (Although I have to stop ‘perving’ on myself, I keep rubbing my sides which used to have rolls of fat. I am just happy to see my waist again I am sure the novelty will wear off! )

This morning I took the dog out and had a little run, but two people came to work on football field, my dog is very big and really scares people. People have a different view of dogs here than they do in the US or in the UK, dogs are generally guard dogs and shouldn’t be approached, and so I had to put him back on the lead. I dropped him at the house and grabbed my bike as I didn’t want to waste the morning as I had got up early.

Ekkk! Three days until weigh in.