Old 01-10-2008, 08:21 PM   #76  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink Hey!

So Bumble what is this C25K program all about? Never heard of it.

Lialoo- Can you explain the bodybugg?

Everyone is working hard. I weigh in tom. I'll let everyone know how I've done then.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #77  
go on girl!

C25k = Couch to 5K Program on Cool Runnings dot com. It gradually introduces a body to running. Ideally, if you follw the program, you will go from sitting on the couch all night to running three miles. All this in two months. So week one was a little rough. Week one was supposed be run for 60 seconds walk for 90 seconds then repeat for 20 minutes. Well I could only run for 45 sec and then had to walk for 2 to 2.5 minutes. But NOT yesterday. Yesterday was a perfect C25k day for bumble. I felt SO GOOD when I was done. I have been a non smoker for two months now and previously never would have considered runnig for fitness, ever! Now I can. And its only gonna get better.

Good luck on your weigh in mtiger.

Last edited by bumble; 01-11-2008 at 12:08 AM.
bumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:52 AM   #78  

Height: 5 foot 7

Hi all! Just checking in! I have lost 2 pounds, so I only have 8 more to go to reach my V-day goal!! Yah!

I hope everyone is doing good! Best Wishes~
dawnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:00 AM   #79  
Goodbye Winter Insulation

S/C/G: 209/202/150

Height: Too Short.....5'2"

Just checking in with everyone. Today is my weigh in and I lost 3.5 lbs I am so excited. I hope everyone has great success too.

Lisaloo...sorry to hear about your injury. I hope your recovery is a smooth one. Keep your head!

Bumble...that C25k program sounds awesome. What all is needed to take part in that?

In regards to the Biggest Loser DVD I bought, it has both cardio and sculpting on it. Two seperate DVD's, got it at Target.

Well I am off to work. Make healthy choices and keep smiling everyone.

Last edited by FluffyNoMore; 01-14-2008 at 06:49 PM.
FluffyNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:38 AM   #80  
Proud Red Team Member

S/C/G: 276/ticker/123

Height: 5'

Way to go on the losses! That is so awesome! I am finding it hard to get my bootie motivated. Been lazy too long I guess. I like the C25K idea, I just might have to check that out. Lord knows I could use the exercise.
Again WAY TO GO on the losses!! I hope to be reporting one soon, but doubt it will be this week. More then likely it will be a gain this week.
skinnyvibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:46 PM   #81  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink Good Day!!

Today was weigh in. Down to 239, so that's a 4 pound loss in two weeks.Yeah!!

Bumble- I love that idea. It is sort of what I do now. I get bored with walking so I started to add some jogging. So I will walk/jog etc. Much more walking right now than jogging, but I am increasing the jogging.

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone. Keep up the good work.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:50 AM   #82  
go on girl!

dawnsky, mtiger and fluffy-congrats on your loss, good job!

fluffy- all thats required is a timing devise (stopwatch/clock or watch with a second hand) and possibility that one can run. ( I say that because even as a child I was no runner, w/in two minutes I would be gasping for air and my legs would be in serious pain, all this at the age of 8.)
But I tried it and I am improving. I think I will be repeating week one for a third time next week. I just don't feel ready to increase my run time. The 60 seconds is still a bit of a struggle. Thats what is great about the plan. It out lines the progression in weeks, but you can move at your own pace and repeat a week as often as you need to. I would advise that you get proper running shoes and athletic socks. My brother and sister are what I call "serious" runners, marathon type stuff, miles and miles of running. They both said it doesnt matter where you run or how long, get actual running shoes. And you don't have to spend 80 bucks at foot locker either. My budget is tight so I got mine on sale for forty bucks at big five. I personally run on a treadmill, because trying to run for the first time ever is hard enuff for me without having to deal with the elements as well. I am a sissy that way. But honestly you could just run in circles around your house if you need to.

If you want to check it out just go to coolrunnings.com

Hope everyone is staying strong.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:21 PM   #83  
Izzy

S/C/G: 274/268/199

Height: 6'

Is it to late to join in? I am flying to see my daughter and her new hubby on 2/14 so what better motivation. Also going from snowy MI to sunny CA so that in itself should make me want to wear lighter clothes.

I will lose 10.5 # (amount I gained since I took 6 weeks off WW over the hoidays)
Izzy906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:17 AM   #84  
go on girl!

Just checking in with everyone. Hope you are all doing well

Welcome Izzy, good luck reaching your goal. I look forward to reading about your progress.

Perfect C25k day. Maybe I will move on to the Week Two Timing Schedule.

Physically I am feeling good. Great even. Emotionally not so great, I'm a bit sad, a bit excited, a bit scared, and a bit stressed. Its a jumble. But I am trying to maintain focus and work through these things instead of ignoring them or burying them under chocolate.

I hope you are all feeling good, feeling fine.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:52 AM   #85  
Proud Red Team Member

Welcome to the challenge Izzy. What better motivator. Bumble, I hope you start to feel better soon. Days like that are so hard, I have been there.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:38 AM   #86  
go on girl!

Thanks skinnyvibes. I am feeling a bit better today. I took a whole bunch of stuff that was just sitting around taking up space to the goodwill today. I feel refreshed and a bit lighter. Hopefully somone else will find joy in those things.

Hope everyone had a good day.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 165

Height: 5'3"

New to this and wanting to get going with others. I'm up for it!!!!!!
MrsHoney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #88  
Proud Red Team Member

Good deal bumble! I need to do the same thing. I just never seem to have enough time. Glad you are feeling better!
MrsHoney~ welcome to the challenge.
How is everyone doing? I lost 1.1 this last week, so I am almost back down to my pre-holiday binge. lol Not sure I am going to make my Valentine's goal, but the most important thing is I am back on track! Been journaling and getting my water in. So I am happy about that!!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:59 PM   #89  
go on girl!

Welcome MrsHoney, I look forward to readiing about your progress.

Congrats on the loss skinnyvibes, I am glad that you are feeling good about your progress.

I am having a good day calorie wise and its a run day so I am looking forward to that.

You all will not hear from me for a weeks or so. I will be moving, but I'll be back, so no worries.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:02 AM   #90  

Height: 5 foot 7

Welcome Izzy!

Welcome Mrs.Honey!

Congrats SkinnyVibes on the weight loss! Great job!

I am glad you are starting to feel better bumble. I hope you have an easy and stress free move! We will miss ya until ya get back!

I seem to be stuck at 215 lbs. Haven't lost anything for a little while now. I have been suffering from a bout of insomnia so I haven't been to the gym in 3 days. Feeling a little discouraged. I hope I get out of this weight loss stall soon. And I hope all of you are doing fantastic!!! ~*Best Wishes*~
dawnsky is offline   Reply With Quote