3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Valentine's Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/128306-valentines-challenge.html)

skinnyvibes 12-04-2007 12:41 PM

Valentine's Challenge

I don't know about the rest of you, but the holidays of the year seem to be good "work towards dates". I would like to lose 15 lbs by Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day is 10 weeks away and now is the perfect time to get started! Any joiners out there?

Kari

deedee10 12-04-2007 02:47 PM

Dare I take on another challenge? I haven't been successful at sticking to a couple but hey, why the heck not! Count me in. I've already updated my ticker. I'll be calorie counting and I'm determined to get my rear end in gear and exercise more. Here's to our success and lookin good in time for summer!

skinnyvibes 12-04-2007 02:59 PM

deedee~ Welcome to the challenge. :) You aren't the only one who is having a hard time keeping to the commitments of challenges. I am hoping that this will keep me motivated!

Angharad 12-04-2007 04:45 PM

Count me in :)

I'd like to lose 11lbs by Feb 14. Although that is two days after my 18th birthday so there will probably be a lot of food + alcohol involved in that! Ok mine is a Valentine's goal but we'll change it to 10lbs by 11th Feb (birthday is on the 12th)

skinnyvibes 12-04-2007 05:21 PM

Yay another one to join us!

ButterflyDiva 12-04-2007 08:23 PM

I would love to join this challenge. I'm gonna need motivation to keep me going after the new year starts. My goal is to be at my goal by valentines day. It's gonna be tough, but I think if I lose between 1.5 to 2lbs a week I might just make it. And even if I don't but come close I'll be happy.

skinnyvibes 12-04-2007 09:22 PM

We can all use as much encouragement and motivation we can get! Glad you joined us ButterflyDiva :)

hugger1991 12-04-2007 09:29 PM

I'll join. It will be kewl to have a thing to keep me accountable.

skinnyvibes 12-04-2007 09:32 PM

That's exactly what I need, to be held accountable! Welcome to our challenge Hugger.

Sarica 12-04-2007 09:54 PM

Me too! I am already signed up for the ultimate goal challenge, but need to make smaller goals in-between. I want to lose 10% of my starting weight by Valentine’s Day, so 23.4 lbs. I actually started on November 7; I just have not weighed in yet.

deedee10 12-05-2007 06:30 PM

Thanks for the welcome skinnyvibes and hello to the other ladies joining the challenge. I have a question about eating late. My schedule is very tight and my commute home from work is usually 1 1/2 hour drive which gets me home around 7:30pm. My plan is to exercise as soon as I walk in the door after I walk my little baby dog that is. So, I won't be able to eat something for dinner till about 8:00-8:30 which will most likely be a salad and some protein. Will eating this late undermine my weight loss? I've heard different opinions that say you should try to eat before 8pm but with my schedule its just not going to be possible. I could eat something before I leave the office but I'll most likely get hungry at 9 or 9:30 and I think that's worse. Any feedback would be great. I'm really excited and I've been doing really well with my eating, staying at or under 1,200 cals a day and I've actually been exercising. It's a miracle! LOL.

deedee10 12-05-2007 06:31 PM

PS: skinnyvibes, which one are you in your avatar pic? You look like sisters!

ButterflyDiva 12-05-2007 07:03 PM

For me, I've noticed that when I wait until after 8pm (between 8-8:30) I actually do better sticking to my diet. But when I eat dinner earlier, like around 6 or 7 I tend to get very hungry later on and pig out. But that's just me.

skinnyvibes 12-06-2007 12:41 PM

deedee~
I have heard several things as well. I eat when I am hungry, I don't pay much attention to the time because some days we just can't eat dinner until late. I am the older one on the left. The other one is my 14 (almost 15) yr old daughter.
Welcome to the challenge Sarica! I am WI on Saturdays so I am hoping for some sort of loss this week, but not counting on it. I was MIA yesterday because it was my day off, no kiddos except my own. :) and I had a ton of errands to do, even squeezed in lunch with DH. Although we went to Olive Garden, I did have the soup and salad, and 3 breadsticks. Considering I wanted I wanted the alfredo pasta, I am happy with my choice. :)

deedee10 12-06-2007 04:08 PM

Thank you for the responses to my question. Eating around 8-8:30 seems to be working for me so I'm glad to hear it shouldn't affect me losing weight. Got on the scale this morning and i'm at 152.5 which is a 2-pound loss. Most likely water weight but I'll take it!