Old 12-04-2007, 01:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

OK - I've tried changing my ticker. Maybe it was giving me bad karma. Anything's worth a try, right? Maybe it will get me back on track.

clykk - I think I'm tracing it back to Thanksgiving. I had a lousy holiday, all by myself. Mom just went into a senior home about 3 hrs away, and holidays always revolved around her. Everyone else in the family had in-laws to go to, and being single, I didn't. Thanks for making me analyze it. The thought didn't even occur to me that there must be a reason.

mmavis - Where do you live? I'm just outside Syracuse. I finally put everything together when you mentioned northern NY. Mom's in a senior home in Massena, where one of my sisters lives. I went to college at SUNY Potsdam. Small world, huh?

Thanks for all of the support everyone, back at ya!!!
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/200/165

Height: 5'9"

Can you please tell me what W.E.E.D stands for? I'm lost!!
Angharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Good morning everyone!

Angharad - Glad to see you here, and ! I think you'll find this a really helpful place with some great people. I've actually only joined during the most recent challenge. WEED stands for the essentials of our daily plan: Water, Exercise, Eating, and Daily goal/inspiration/affirmation. At the bottom of a lot of people's posts you'll see their WEED for the day. I really appreciate the day-by-day approach. Focus on what you can accomplish today, and do it. Hope this helps.

Ladies having a rough time - I hope your Tuesdays went a little better, and that you're not beating yourself up. MusicTchr -glad you could identify some stuff happening emptionally. Really hope this helps you (along with your ticker!) get back OP. Just move forward from here. Clykk - Oh, the inevitable, out of the blue pissy days. Sorry abut that. How are you feeling now?

MMavis - Congrats!

Aud - Yep, I did abs last night (thanks for the - I know it means you care!). And again I say, blech. No part of it was fun. I think I must have the weakest ab muscles/core in the universe.

OK, now to start my day:
W - 2.5L
E - Cardio DVD (long one!)
E - OP, thinking about it's effect on my body
D - Really, really, really - One day at a time.

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by JenMusic; 12-04-2007 at 07:41 PM.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:01 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 140/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Another good day, just hope I can keep it up.

W- 12 8oz glasses
E- 40 min of Slim in 6
E- Stayed completely OP
D- Got through the 2nd day
ButterflyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

JenMusic- I think I have the weakest abs ever. I hate doing them too. Do you use an exercise ball? I found the ball made the ab work somewhat enjoyable when I was doing abs. I haven't targeted my abs in a long time.

JasonLea- Love the idea of dance class. Dancing is so much fun!

Holyt, Lumifan, Music, and Clykk- hope you had a good day.

MotherMavis- WTG on the loss!!

Aud- Your "D"s fit my life in so many ways! Glad that you are avoiding the "Food Fest Invites". Hopefully, I will too.

Angharad- Welcome! I think you'll enjoy this group.

I had a good W.E.E.D day. Ate mindfully, stayed OP , and did exercise video. I baked one batch of cookies today and sampled the equivalent of probably two cookies. That's good for me 'cause I love to eat sweets until I feel stomache sick. Not sure why I do that but there it is. Anyone else experience that?

My W.E.E.D for tomorrow is:

W- 48 oz
E- Mindful and OP
E- unsure
D- It's okay to have a cookie

I remember reading posts a while ago about being able to download music for the C25K workout. Where do I find them? I'm wondering if I'll be able to download to the MP3 player I bought last year.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:20 PM   #21  

Butterfly Diva- Sorry I over looked your post. Glad you had a good day and hope you have a good one tomorrow.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:14 PM   #22  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Right after I posted about being pissy, the emotions finally surfaced, I had a good cry and felt BETTER!! I so love it when the insanity of bottled up emotions come pouring out. I always feel so stable and at peace afterwards. Hmm, it seems you were casting your healing spell about that time, aud. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

musictchr - Oh, I'm so glad you were able to identify what was making you go off track. I find it's always something. I don't think it's a random as we want to think. It's not necessarily easy to quickly identify what has thrown us off balance, but it's worth speculating at least. The answer comes eventually. And then you can choose again. Did tears flow for you with the realisation of what you were dealing with through food? If you can let them flow, I recommend it because I always feel better afterwards. Maybe that's just me though.

Grazer - Cookies and stomach aches go hand in hand, don't they?!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:34 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning Weedy Women!

I did well yesterday, dinner was chili instead of the pork chops that were not yet thawed, but was still good. Everything else was specifically on plan.
Today
W 3.5L
E just did the shorter HipHopAbs on exercise tv - walk later ? Not sure, I have to be a school tonight for kids stuff , so what ever I get in before then will likely be it.
E on plan eating, tonight I'll make those frozen chops!
D Deep breath, trying to continue thru one pile of work at a time, will try to get one thing at work, completely current today.

Muscitchr- I am nearer Lake George, DS went to college in Geneva though so am familiar with your area too.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:31 AM   #24  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Grazer - Do we want a weak abs contest? That would be a whole different kind of challenge, but I'm pretty sure I'd win! Finally, something I'm good at!

The Running Podcasts are available at iTunes (they're free) under "Podcasts for Running." Or just Google it, I think he website is the first one that pops up. They're specifically designed to go along with the c25k program. Hope that helps!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:30 AM   #25  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Talking Feelin' good!

W - 64 oz.
E - Weights DONE!!
E - 22 points - ON COURSE SO FAR!
D - One bite at a time.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:49 AM   #26  
Calorie Counter

Just a quick note. We had a series of powerful storms run through here and lost power sunday night, finally got it back this morning. I picked up food, flashlights, and batteries on sunday afternoon before the storm hit but we were feeding several people and the food diminished quickly. Time to survey damage. My sisters roof blew off and my dads porch windows all blew in. Luckily we are all safe although a good friend who works with the utility company was sent out in 80 mph winds and was injured when a tree fell on his truck. The highway to my work is still closed. We were able to get out of town for gas and supplies (only 1 way to or from the area with flood waters rising it was a risk). The stores around were able to use generators to open up but they were out of just about everything. We picked up supplies for a number of families. I'm glad the power is back on because a cold front is supposed to move on through.

No weed for today!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #27  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

OMYGoodness jcat! How awful & so glad everyone is safe. Hang in there Girl!

I'll Post the link to what nursemichelle wrote about what WEED means if I can find it angharad - I like the day to day specific approach too grazer - and also the fact that WEED'ers are such a supportive/no pressure/laid back/faboo group of gals, ya know? Being part of WEED has been instrumental in helping me #1) DRINK WATER! (Seems so silly to type something like that - but truly had NO conception of dehydration/thirst.) #2) To STOP beating myself up.

So far getting thru this crazy Holiday Season just fine . . day by day (moment to moment clykk - good on ya for having a good cry - I highly recommend tears along with near-hysteria laughter to release ye olde pressure valves!)

Rambled to long - gotta get my WEED-on:

W: Close

E: Power Walks only . . . can't "weight" for the 180's - planning to try the c25k then jen.)

E: Deliciously & Satisfyingly OP!

D: Keep focussing on jerseygirl's Dr. Phil quote: "If you do what you've always done - you'll get what you always got!"
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #28  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Two things:

I WILL WIN "The First Annual WEEDy Weak Abs Contest!" (Exercise Ball does help me immensely BTW)

WEED Explanation is Post #1 here ange & anyone else interested:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126049
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:04 PM   #29  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I downloaded the podcasts........OMG i used the week 2 one (cuz i've been walk/jog 2 mins at a time) and i made it thru 4 reps before i had to get off cuz i had to get dressed. it was awesome. I felt good about myself for a bit

had a nice healthy salad at lunch, had a nice healthy breakfast, had a nice healthy snack. Don't know what's on for dinner tonight but I do know that the rest of my day's going well, and i've had 50 oz of water already

Thanx again to whoever suggested the podcast....they're pretty dang good
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:40 PM   #30  

JenMusic- thanks for the podcast info.

Clykk- I agree there's nothing like a good cry to clean the emotional overload out.

Jcatron- thinking of you.

Holyt- glad to see you had a good day.

Aud- I agree that WEEDERS are pretty cool. I hope we continue with a new challenge after the 17th!

I'm feeling like I need to get a plan to place to deal with the snacking urge. I've been doing well up until the past few weeks. I even tried drinking water today instead of snacking- I snacked on chips and a cookie instead of something healthier. I don't want to gain major weight over the holidays.

Tomorrow's W.E.E.D:

W- as usual

E- OP and track. I do well tracking in the morning and lunch time. Then I get lazy with snacks and tracking.

E- Firm video

D- 40 weeks to put it on; 40 weeks to take it off.