Old 12-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 175/155/125

Height: 5'1

Well I weighed in this am and I haven't lost anything, haven't gone up either
so I guess thats ok. Will have to work harder this week.
soon2beslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:49 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Stick with it Soon - it'll come off.
Going through a weird thing on this end. Thought TOM came on Saturday =- but apparently not??? I'm not sure what's going on.... really hoping that I'm not Pregnant! I'm going to buy a test tonight - so I'll keep you all posted. Just feel off - but I have a lot going on in life right now. I need hugs!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:01 PM   #33  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Got in a great work out tonight and felt great until my husband started bickering with me and well....he sort of belittled me....and it startled me because that's exactly how I used to hear my father in law talk to my mother in law and I rememberd it making me very angry. I don't know whether to bring it up to him or not....I don't want to let it fester.

Part of me is pretty freakin pi$$ed off , he ruined my post work out high and talked down to my in front of the kids. I hated that.

Anyway...woo for the workout!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:11 PM   #34  

Sending you some hugs Enygirl...I'm sure its stress with everything thats going on. Things will work themselves out I'm sure.

Lekhika... that would really hurt. Maybe you should let him know how you feel. Give yourself some time to cool off and talk to him with a clear head. Whatever you choose to do I hope it all works out.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:53 AM   #35  
focus creates results

soon2beslim
I did talk to him about it and got the typical answer. "No, I wasnt' talking down to you, this is what I meant." No apology. Sometiems it fecking sucks being a stay at home mom. You get totally taken for granted. TOTALLY. Somedays I feel like really, the kids are the only ones who appreciate what i do and...I reckon...that too not for very much longer.

The best I can do for myself right now, because I can feel my regular winter blues coming on, is to keep a watch over myself and take care to work out every day. Because I've found that really does help with how I feel.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:10 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Well - I haven't started, but the test was negative. So i'm just going on with life. I'm somehow up #4 from last Friday - so TOM BETTER BE ON HIS WAY!!! I know that I binged Sunday and yesterday - so I'm going to be on my best behavior the rest of the week and pray for a drop on Friday! I only have 2 more weigh ins at work for this contest - NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR ME TO F* UP! Girls - I think I need a good !!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Hi Everyone,

Enygirl
Hugs to you and a kick up the arse ; P

Lekhika
My boyfriend reacts in much the same way you described, and then I end up feeling like I am over reacting and being a ‘girl’ (Which isn’t true). Do you know what helps me? Doing some Tae Bo, a good session of kicking and punching usually gets me over it : )

After the bad start to the month, this week seems to be going better. I did weigh myself and it seems I may have lost 3 pounds. Whoo hoo! Edging my way towards the 50’s! The scale isn’t the most reliable so I don’t want to get too excited.

I started doing a slightly different type of exercise in the morning when I bring the dog for a walk. I sprint the length of the football field, walk back, do some push ups, do a lap of the field at a slower rate, and then do sit ups. And repeat doing slightly different exercises between sprints and laps. I don’t know if this is a great way of exercising but it definitely makes it more interesting and makes the time go faster.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Last edited by dubh; 12-11-2007 at 03:22 PM.
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:06 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Hey ladies, well this week has been a bit up and down eating wise, im really strunggling with shakey attacks, which is very weird because i eat enough of what I should be eating, I wouldnt be able to not eat enough calories. I think I need to look at maybe the sugars im consuming, maybe Im having sugar dips or something?!
Back to the gym tonight, this week is relatively quiet at work so im going to get lots of work outs in this week, to get back into it, and then squeeze exercise when and where i can. Im going to leave the scales for as long as I can i think. Its going to be difficult for me, but im going to avoid them and focus on how much healthier i feel instead.
Well done on your loss Dubh!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:21 PM   #39  
focus creates results

Piggin,
I still have those shakey attacks if my salt intake is very low. Low blood pressure runs in my family and I find that if I am having a day with very little salt intake...I get shakey and woozy and clammy and well...if it takes too long to get some salted lemon water in me...I faint...It sucks. I recommend you get it checked out because, really it is an easy fix.

Period started today. Bah.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:46 PM   #40  
move it

My dad has low blood pressure. If he eats more than just a little chocolate, he gets really woozy.

I've been a little under the weather myself. I had some sort of bug, I think, in the last week of November and I haven't gotten my energy back yet. I exercised today for the first time in a while and I really felt exhausted. Maybe I'll just walk for a few days. At least my weight is coming down. Not real fast, but it's going in the right direction.
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:26 PM   #41  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey everyone. So my first week in SA is about to come to a end and I have seen NOTHING! I've just been trying to survive in a tiny hotel room with four other people, without my car, without shooting myself. LOL But Mama found a apartment today so soon I will have some peace! And I'm going up to get my car this weekend so I will be able to start exploring this new city. This week has been crappy eating wise also. I had NO money coming down here so I've had to eat what my fam has and let me tell you WHITE BREAD SUCKS! Ugh! Maybe I've gotten spoiled on wheat bread. Can't wait till I get paid this weekend and get some REAL food!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:54 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Hi ladies, happy friday! yey!
Thanks for the advise Lekhika about the salt, that had never even crossed my mind, I was totally focused on sugar, but i eat very little salt NEVER add it to food or anything, so maybe i should focus on the salt content more when reading the labels, dont worry im not going to suddenly become a salt monster though!!
Im feeling focused and motivated again today, I made MYSELF fat, only I can change that , time to get on and do it before things get out of control and Im back where I started!!
Have a nice weekend everyone!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:45 AM   #43  
focus creates results

Piggin
I think that's an important thing to own up to, "I am the captian of my soul", so to speak. Very true. We do let ourselves go through our complacency and then...boom, a year or two worth of not caring for yourself and...hello weight!

I think that's why I love this forum. I don't really expect it to keep me on track but the accountability does help greatly. I have written proof here of the fact that exercise does work, written proof of how good I feel once I do exercise. And that encourages me to exercise...get moving, enjoy the machine that is my body.

Anyway, I digress....I'm feeling really good today. Just upbeat. The scratchy throat has given way to a runny nose but really isn't that horrid a beginning for my monthly cold....so I'm ok...nursing some tea...

Hope all of you have a great day.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:07 AM   #44  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Morning everyone. TGIF!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:38 AM   #45  

Yay!!! Its friday! We have 2 Christmas parties to go to this weekend so I hope that I'm able to stay on track and not over indulge. Wish me luck...I CAN DO IT!