Old 11-09-2007, 06:37 PM   #1  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Default Ultimate Goal Challenge--Invitation

I am 35 years old and I have been on and off this journey many times. But for the first time EVER I know this is it. Does anyone else feel that way? I know by the end of 2008 or earlier I will make it to my ultimate goal of 120 pounds. I pride myself on being self aware and I just feel it this time. This is an invitation to join me. I will start a weekly thread on Sunday.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:21 AM   #2  
My Evolution

How Will I Get There...

1. I am doing WW at Home, not an online member. I just got a new WW Starter Kit after using the books and materials I got in 2004, when I was a member briefly, for the past 2 months. My support group are the girls in the WW at Home forum here on 3FC. Also my friends on the TBL Red Team. I have also been posting in the Cool Runners thread in the exercise forum and 20-30's group in the WW forum. So a lot of support here on 3FC. I use the flex point system and am currently eating 26 points points a day and I use the extra flex points and activity points. I've lost 19 lbs since starting in September.

2. I am blogging. I love my 3FC blog.

3. I am exercising. I just started that this week. I am doing the Couch to 5K program. Today will be Week 1, Day 3 for me. In December I plan to move on to exercising 4x week incorporating pilates. In January I will move up to 5 days a week incorporating pilates and weight training. What I learned about myself is I need to move slow. I burn out by overdoing it in the beginning. So I am starting out with 3 days and slowly increasing my days. I'm getting support for running on www.coolrunning.com. They have a weekly thread for WWr's that run also. Great group. In the spring I plan to join a running club so I can take the running outdoors. Right now I'm on my treadmill.

4. I am really working on getting 72 oz of water in on a daily basis.

5. I am also working on getting to bed at a decent hour. I am a night owl. I can stay up most of the night and still manage to wake up between 5am-6am each morning. I need to go to bed and get at least 5-6 hours a night. I've noticed just the 2 days I've been running has helped my sleep pattern. So hopefully this will continue as I progress through the C25K program.

How do you plan to get there? How do you plan to get to your Ultimate Goal?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:07 AM   #3  
My Evolution

Since no one has joined me yet I will leave the invitation open and continue to post in this thread. Weigh in is tomorrow for me. I'm expecting to maintain. TOM just left and I began my exercise program this week so I am hoping to lose next week. I completed Week 1 of the Couch to 5K program. I really enjoyed it and I am looking forward to starting Week 2 this week. Water is going well and I'm OP for WW.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #4  
My Evolution

I maintained this week. Um...still no joiners. I'm not interested in posting in this thread all by myself. I can do that in my blog. Maybe more people may be interested after Thanksgiving or in the new year.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:48 PM   #5  

OK...I'm here. You sound very organized and motivated.

What I need:
Ratchet up my workouts--need to go at higher intensity

My eating is on track--I'm at 127--as long as I stay below 130, things are OK in terms of appearance and personal satisfaction.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:51 PM   #6  
My Evolution

Yeah! Someone is joining me. Welcome Elanajel! I figure we can hang in here until some more people join us.

To be honest I always start out so great then lose focus. I feel different this time. Still OP and drinking a ton of water. I did the C25K Week 2, Day 1 and it was great. Tougher than last week but of course that is the expectation. When I add an additional day of exercise in December I'm thinking of making it an outdoor bootcamp as opposed to Pilates. We'll see. I have time.

What type of exercise are you doing? Are you doing as specific diet program?

Last edited by Shay; 11-13-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Hey likenoother....i'll try to post here as much as i can. I am currently in the naughty and nice challenge...and the hugs and kisses challenge. Kinda hoping that the february challenge will put me at my final goal of about 120...but we'll see.

I try to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, excersize 3 or 4 times a week and eat 1200 calories a day. I do pretty good at losing about 5 pounds a month. I go the gym 2 or 3 times a week and try to get out on the weekend and jog/walk about 2 miles.

I do have children so carving out this excersize time is very hard to do, but i do my best to balance a little me time and time for my kids. I also work a full time job 30 minutes from my home.

Sounds like you are really ready to this. I can't explain it but sometimes things just finally click and you just know you are ready to do this. I started in January of 05. Lost about half of my goal (which at the time was 66 pounds), met my boyfriend, gained back 7 pounds and started over this march to drop that 7 plus the other 33 pounds. I am almost at my original goal...and looking forward to passing that goal and meeting my new goal of 120.

Good luck to you. I just know if you put your mind to it...you can do it!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:27 PM   #8  
My Evolution

Hi Lumifan4ever,
WELCOME! You are really close to your goal--both of them. Doesn't feel great? I know its hard to take time for yourself when you have kids. Thanks for joining us here!

Right now I'm in a hotel room for a conference tomorrow. I planned really well and feel good about my efforts this week. I did day 2 of week 2 of C25K. It was great. It seems the 2nd day feels better than the first and then by the 3rd I am really good to go. That's with doing the same thing all 3 days. At some point in the plan I know the days are not all the same so I will see how that goes.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:49 AM   #9  

oh....i am sooooo sore. I excersized tooo hard wednesday night and now i am so sore all over my poor little body. Hope all is going well at the hotel. I find it so hard to really stay on plan when i go out of town, but try to make good choices and not over eat the yummies i order when ordering out. Today is going to be tough because we are having our thanksgiving meal at work today. I am just going to try to pick my favorites and eat less of them.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:22 AM   #10  
My Evolution

Hi,
Lumifan4ever--I hope the soreness has gone down.

It is difficult to eat OP when traveling. I am a planner so that helped. I took snacks and my breakfast food with me. That made a difference. For some reason my neck and my back feels a little stiff today. I hope it will be okay when I run today. I will do that at 11am. Later.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:24 PM   #11  

Hello....ahhhhhh I am in, if the invitation is still there. I need alot of help! I just join this site and I am not even certain how to paste that tracking monitor onto the bottom of my messages.
I am 36 and when starting my challenge in August was 232. I was very ill with an ulcerative colitis flare up and dropped down to 206. I had to go on steriods in the hospital and went back up to 217. I am so on track now though but need huge motivation. I just LOVE FOOD SOOOO MUCH!!! Please help me get motivated because I so badly want to weigh 120 pounds! I dream to go on a holiday and wear a bathing suit where I can be proud of my body and have my husband think I am beautiful again!! (he says he loves me the way I am but I know he is not being honest) You sound like the perfect person to help me reach my goals. First goal of 200 and the second of 180 and so on. (20 pounds at a time)
Share all your secrets on how we are goinna make this happen!!
csi442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #12  
My Evolution

Hi csi442! Of course the invitation is still open. Everyone is welcomed with open arms! I see I just needed to be patient. I think the way to make it happen is to plan, plan, and plan. Stick with that plan and post often! If you're having a good day post. If you're having the most horrible day ever post. That's what we are here for. This site has been so helpful for me and I hope it will do the same for you. I think we can continue to post in this thread then I will start a weekly thread on Sunday, December 2nd.

The tracker--1. Scroll up to the top of the page and click on "user cp". 2. In the column on the left click on "edit signature". It will walk you through how to add a tracker to your posts.

Okay so my report about C25K---Wk 2, Day 3 was my roughest so far. Not because it was difficult just that as soon as I got on the treadmill my head started hurting. A few minutes in my right foot started hurting from my previous injury. Then, yes there's more, my left knee started hurting. I was like WTF??? But I was also like whatever. I am not getting off this treadmill. This is the end of Wk 2 and I am completing it today. I started counting down the running intervals, 1 down 5 more to go, 2 down, half way there, only 2 to go....last one. During the last one I felt better. Off to Week 3 on Tuesday.

Last edited by Shay; 11-17-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:55 PM   #13  

sorry to be mia....i don't get on the internet over the weekend. Things are going good here.

I have to agree with what likenoother says. Plan,plan, plan. That is the only way i was able to learn how to eat was by planning out every meal, every snack...even my coffee had to be planned in. When i was just starting out, if i hadn't planned that days food, i was way off on my food stats....calories, fat grams, carbs, protiens....i find planning the way to lose weight.

So, i had thanksgiving luncheon at work on friday and my daughters birthday party on saturday. Not too bad. I did eat a little more than i had "planned" but instead of sitting around afterwards, i went out for a 30 minute walk. I did okay at the birthday party.

Hope everyone else is doing good.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 223/176/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello all you motivated women! I need support, and I am joining this challenge I had my first child in June 2006 and gained 63 pounds with the pregnancy. I'm a muscular person to start with, but all those muscles seemed to vanish under baby weight. I did weight watchers for a while, but then I moved to some tiny hick town (150 people live there), and it's too far to go to meetings. I'm unofficially doing LA weight loss now... my mom's on it and she loves it, but living so far away, I need more support. So, by the end of 2008, I will be at my goal weight Just reading the posts makes me feel better
Desiree Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:35 PM   #15  
My Evolution

Welcome Desiree! We are here to support you. I'm here at all hours. I'm a night owl so if you need some support I should be on here somewhere. This website helps me get through the night sometimes.

Lumifan4ever--I also ate more than I planned yesterday but no damage done.

I am still at 221. This is the 3rd week in a row. I am determined to lose at least 1 lb this week even though Thanksgiving is on Thursday.