Old 11-19-2007, 10:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 223/176/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks! It really helps to have someone to talk to when you're having a bad day! (Or to cheer you on when you have a good day)

See ya around!
Desiree Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:41 PM   #17  
Caleb & Jayden's Mommy

S/C/G: 248/See Tracker/150

Height: 5'4''

Hi Everyone!

This looks like a good place to start! Again! LOL! My name is Sarah and I started trying to lose weight in February 2006. I ended up getting frustrated and giving up and then toward the end of the year I got pregnant with my second son. I had him in June, so it is time for me to start again. My starting weight way back when was 248 lbs. I ended up getting down to 226 around the time I quit. Right now I am back up to 234. I am serious about losing the weight this time, and have committed to myself. I had some blood work done at the dr, and my triglycerides are 5x what they should be. He suggested a slow carb diet for me also known as the GL diet. So far so good. However, I have decided to stay off of the scale for a month. I am too afraid to get discouraged again. Staying away from the bad carbs for the first week was a little hard in the beginning but now I don’t seem to be craving them as much. I think that this is something I can stick with. I look forward to chatting with each of you.
Sarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:23 AM   #18  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Hi Sara. Welcome! We all look forward to getting to know you better and supporting you along the way. I love all the postive affirmations you have in your mini goal ticker. I also like your long term ticker. I will add one for this challenge when I start the new thread on December 2nd.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:26 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Hi! Count me in too. I'm feeling the same way, like this time this will just work. I think I need to follow the advice of plan, plan, plan, because I just don't! But I feel good about this effort, and having so many supportive people surrounding me will definitely help!

I am 28, I am a music teacher in a high school, and I never thought I'd be chained to a desk so much! I was a fat baby, and fat kindergartner, a fat 6th grader (oompa loompa ish but cute never the less... ) I've grown up to be a fat adult. I was always active in high school and college, but still big, and now sitting at a desk all day doing hours of paperwork my muscle has all given way to fat.

I am definitely ready to regain some muscle and run circles around my teenagers!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:15 AM   #20  
My Evolution

TimeToTryAgain you have come to the right place. Welcome! We are here to help and support you meet your goal. I have always been fat myself. I have had brief periods of being smaller but basically fat my whole live. So I think it is amazing that we have all arrived here.

I keep changing this but here is what I have finally decided. Here is the plan: We will continue to post here until November 30th. On December 1st I will start a new thread titled "Ultimate Goal Challenge--December". We can do monthly threads unless along the way we decide weekly is better. You can chose to make a ticker for the challenge or not . The planned challenge ends on December 31,2008. If we need to keep going a bit longer that is okay too. I am very flexible. Anyone can join along the way. It doesn't matter if it is a month in or 6 months. We are a very accepting group.

Last edited by Shay; 11-20-2007 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:16 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Let me say hello to the newbies....Desiree brown, TimeToTryAgain, Saric...and anyone i may have missed on the first page. I really have to say that this is the greatest place i have ever come to lose weight. I've been thin and overweight all my life. My weight has always yoyo'd....usually without me making a conscious effort to gain or lose...just depended on how things were going in my life i guess. This is the first time in my life i have ever actually tried and succeeded to lose weight. I tried about 4 years ago to lose and just never lost a pound. It wasn't until i found this website two years ago that i "learned" how to eat and excersize and started losing weight. I never knew anything about how much protein, carbs and fats to eat...or how many calories i needed to take in to lose weight...until i came here. Now...it seems like a no brainer. I think you will all have much success if you really join in and read different post in different parts of this website.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:04 PM   #22  
My Evolution

I definitely agree with Lumifan4ever. This website is so helpful. As I stated before it gets me through the night most nights. Meaning when I am on here reading posts and giving support I don't think about eating. It is open 24/7. I tell everyone I know about it. They laugh when I say 3FatChicks but everyone knows how important it us to me. There are certain threads that I try to check on a daily basis.

C2K report--I just completed Week 3, Day 1. Okay everyone was right, the 3 minutes was definitely doable. I like the progression each week. Each week is a little bit more challenging but not so much so that you want to quit. I'm saying that now but lets see what I say Week 5 when you have to run for 20 minutes straight on Day 3. Well I will be able to complete this week and move on Week 4 based on today.

Gotta go watch The Biggest Loser!
Old 11-21-2007, 12:16 PM   #23  

I agree with you all.... this website is the best thing that happened to me while I'm dieting. Whenever I feel like I'm going to fall off the wagon, I just come on here and it motivates me and inspires me to keep going. I haven't cheated once You guys rock!
Old 11-21-2007, 02:30 PM   #24  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

I would like to join. I have fallen off the wagon hard, but I am determined to reach my final goal.

I need to reassess my diet. And jumpstart my excercise. I haven't decided on exact increments yet LOL.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:04 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Sorry I'm joining a little late.. I didn't see this thread until today.

I am in... This is it. 1 year, 9 months ago when I started dating my boyfriend I was at #241 pounds. I didn't care... I was depressed, fat, ugly (those were self inflicted wounds) and then I started dating Joe. He made me happy again. It was wonderful. And I knew that I was losing weight, because I had to buy new clothes... I wasn't "doing" anything to lose it though.

In September of this year our HR manager at work had the idea to start a Christmas challenge... I hesitated as i stepped on the scale - It read #197.9. That was #43.1 pounds down from where I was in January of 2006! I knew right then that I had to make this happen for real!

I decided also to quit smoking at this time.. my biggest motivation - my family. My loving boyfriend, and my adorable 5 year old daughter Hunter. I know in my heart that I don't want to die an early death because of something I could have prevented.

So Now I'm eating a ton better, exercising everyday..saying no to excess sweets, fat, food in general. I'm eating until I'm not hungry instead of eating until I'm full. I have a whole new approach on how I look at food and life.

I'll be honest - the beginning was hard I did good a few weeks, and not so good a few. I believe I have a better grasp now. Currently I am at #192.8. My goal over all is to be at #125 on Memorial Day. I want to have this next Swim Suit Season to be fun, and not shameful.

And as vain as it may sound I don't want my daughter to grow up with "the fat mom" - the one that the other kids look at and laugh... i went through that, and it's not fun. I know - crazy motivation.

I have to take this in little bites though... for right now my Christmas goal is to see the #180's!!! I know I can do it!

Last edited by Enygirl; 11-23-2007 at 08:12 AM.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:48 PM   #26  
My Evolution

Desiree--This is definitely the best website ever. I've tried others and they're not as great or as supportive.

Welcome sockmonkey70 and Enygirl! We are so happy to have you. Continue to post in this thread until November 30th. I will start a new one on December 1st. It sounds like we have a determined bunch here. I'm excited. Is anyone else? How will you reward yourself when you make it to your ultimate goal? I am thinking maybe a cruise with my BF.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:35 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Oooh, a cruise! That sounds perfect! If you've never been, it's the only way to travel!

I think, and I realize this is totally impractical for the Colorado climate, but I think that when I reach my goal, and it's a BIG goal, I am going to by my dream car. Luckily, I have some time to start saving for it!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:10 AM   #28  
My Evolution

Good morning everyone! Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you and yours have a terrific day. It will be me and BF. My parents are local but we do Thanksgivng separate and Christmas together. I will begin cooking in a few hours bc I don't have anything complicated to make. Well I weighed in for my Thanksgiving Mini Goal and I am still at 221. I am determined to lose 1lb by Monday. We'll see how that goes.

TimeToTryAgain--My goal is a big one too. As of today I need to lose 101 pounds to get to my goal. We'll get there together. I've never been on a cruise and I've heard great things about them. Regarding your dream car you can use it for special occasions.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:50 PM   #29  

Enygirl... your motivation is not crazy! I was the same way... everyone in my family is big, and they all got teased. People are so rude! (Especially kids). My mom used to give us dinner sized plates full of food (nearly as much as she ate), and expected us to eat it all when we were 3 or 4. Not only was she big, but she ended up making my brother and sister big too. (I didn't gain my weight until I got pregnant.) The biggest and best thing you can do for your daughter is to give her healthy choices and a positive attitude towards food. With any luck, she won't have troubles with food, and you'll be a hot mom! My daughter is 17 months old and her grandparents LOVE to give her junk food. I am really having a hard time trying her to eat good healthy food when all they offer is junk. But, slowly, we're turning her around.

I'm currently at 183, and my mini goal for November is to say good-bye to the 180's as well. Good luck!
Old 11-23-2007, 08:20 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

GLOATING TIME!!!
Generally I try to keep my caloric intake around 1200. This number lets me lose about #1/3 a day. I'm not completely strict with this number because as a true character of rebellion - If I am limited then I subconciously rebel. Well with yesterday being a holiday full of food - I decided to allow myself to increase that. I wrote down that I still wanted to stay under 1800 - that way I'd stll lose about #1/8 - and all this work wasn't for nothing.

Well.. I added up all of my totals just now (I'm extremely anal about writing every bite down) and I was at 1543 for the WHOLE day!!! I have to say I'm proud!! I'm also impressed - because I had 2 helpings of the dessert I made... luckily I made it w/ low fat/no fat ingredients this year!

I didn't work out yesterday. I do a 6 days on, 1 day off schedule - and yesterday was my day off... back at the routine today!

Ok I'm done gloating!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote