Old 11-23-2007, 12:26 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 223/176/140

Height: 5'3"

Good job! 6 days a week working out? WOW! I have a hard time doing 3!
Desiree Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:51 PM   #32  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I know I agree with Desiree, Enygirl you are truly dedicated! Great job on sticking to your plan for Thanksgiving.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:03 PM   #33  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Wow Enygirl! You kick butt!
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 04:02 PM   #34  
Caleb & Jayden's Mommy

S/C/G: 248/See Tracker/150

Height: 5'4''

Shay,

The cruise is an excellent idea. I have told myself that I won't go on one until I lose weight. That would be a great motivator for me.

I did not do too badly on Thanksgiving. With that much temptation I was afraid I would stuff myself, but I did not. I am starting to get some comments from people starting to see a difference in my face. Yea! But it is still gonna be a bit until I get on a scale. I am going to try to wait until December 7th to weigh in.

My biggest issue is finding the time to work out. I have 2 boys (6 yr old and 4 month old), 2 jobs, I go to school full time and my husband owns his own company and works really long hours. Sometimes he is out of town for weeks at a time. However, my full time job offers free membership to a YWCA. I just need to figure time in my schedule.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll check in later.
Sarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 07:01 PM   #35  
My Evolution

Hi Sarah. I am happy you had a good holiday. Does the Y have childcare? Or how about the gym at your school? Do they offer childcare?

Well, ladies I decided to put my ticker up early. I've realized I need to make some changes so I was editing my signature and I plan to make some changes in my blog too. I put a lot of pressure on myself to lose weight which makes the situation worse for me. I need to relax a little and stick to my plan. Planning, designing, implementing, evaluating, problem solving, and seeing the big picture are huge parts of my job so I felt I needed to do that with my weight loss too. I'm a planner. I don't like to be rushed and I like to take my time. So long term planning works best for me. I decided to only focus on my long term goal. I do plan to celebrate the victories along the way but not to set them as goals so I won't be disappointed if I don't meet them by the deadline I have set. That is why this challenge will be flexible. You don't have to do a ticker, you don't even need to weigh in weekly, just check in with us often and let us know how you are doing on your "weigh" to reaching your ultimate goal.

Last edited by Shay; 11-23-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:24 PM   #36  

Wow Sarica!!! You are one busy girl! Congratulations on being able to function with such a hectic schedule! LOL
GO SUPERMOMS!!!
Old 11-24-2007, 03:34 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

I have just discovered blogging in the last few days- add that to my list of "how I am going to get there strategies! There are things that I can rationalize in my own little mind, but as soon as I put them down on cyber paper, they become so much more true and factual. It's like standing naked in front of the mirror. And I am learning that instead of judging what I write (or see, to continue the metaphor...) If I just look at it for what it is and see what I need to to tweak in terms of the way I approach things, rather than try to cover it up with justifications that aren't really relevant, I just might have a chance!
Yesterday I realized that my husband's triggers for overeating are things that don't affect me, and vice versa. I made brownies, knowing I could eat them in moderation but not expecting the pan to be gone in a day!!! He made bread a few weeks ago that I think he got 2 pieces of. As soon as I wrote about the brownies yesterday I realized how much more aware we are going to have to be of each other's issues.

Oh, and I didn't pig out yesterday!!! (Sorry for the long post...)
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:57 AM   #38  
My Evolution

TimeToTryAgain--I LOVE blogging. It's great that it has helped you realize some things. Long post, no judgement here. Whatever you have to say, say it. That's what we are here for. Great job on Turkey day!
Old 11-24-2007, 11:13 AM   #39  

I also love blogging... I never did it before, but it's kind of an accountability thing for me now. I LOVE it! I can't do it everyday, (I'm on dial-up), but while I'm visiting my mom, I'm on here at least twice a day.
Oh no.... what am I gonna do without you guys when I go home??? This will be much harder next week...
Old 11-24-2007, 04:48 PM   #40  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

I liked blogging initially but then it seems like I kept having the same problems and rambling reptitively LOL....So I haven't blogged for awhile. I was sounding like a broken record LOL.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:20 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Broken records are okay!

Today I took my dog to the dog park and hiked for 45 minutes. It was good! I've been fighting an ugly cold since Tuesday, so I haven't been able to exercise- today was a nice break! And, I managed to get through thanksgiving without gaining anything, and that involved going to 2 different dinners! Woo Hoo!!

Last edited by TimeToTryAgain; 11-25-2007 at 03:22 AM. Reason: typo
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:04 AM   #42  
My Evolution

Sockmonkey70--I agree with TimeToTryAgain. Broken records are just fine. Granted other people may be reading it but its about you. I love the fact that I am taking the time out to work on me and I'm very important.

TimeToTryAgain--Great job on Thanksgiving.

Here we are at the start of a new week. What are your goals for the week?
Mine are:
Stay OP
Drink 72 oz of water daily
Complete WK 4 of C25K

Immediate goal for today--Finish planning my meals for the week.

Last edited by Shay; 11-25-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:29 AM   #43  

My goal for the week is to lose three pounds, exercise twice this week (I know, I know... I'm starting small ), and to make it through two roadtrips without going off plan. Good luck everyone!
Old 11-25-2007, 12:21 PM   #44  
Chelle

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Smile me too me too

I realize I'm a little late, but I want to join this too. I want to meet my final goal and I feel like its finally time to just push myself to do it. annnd I just got engaged, so it's really important to lose this weight.

I love getting support from you guys, all these posts keep me motivated
chelle515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:17 PM   #45  
My Evolution

Desiree--Great goals for the week. There is nothing wrong with starting out small with exercise. If I start out doing too much I end up burning out.

Chelle515--It's never too late. Welcome!