Old 02-22-2007, 10:20 PM   #106  

Wide in Winnipeg – WOW – you’ve become a lent challenge exerciseaholic!! Very nice job – I’m going to have to use you for my role model, never made it to the gym today, but I am sticking with my “no junk food” challenge and it’s actually going better than I expected, kind of scary!!

Cats tongue – I hope you found someone else to eat that cake, or threw it away!! I would hear that cake calling me all night!!

House of Mirth – That’s a cool one, can I make my kid’s give up T.V.? I think it would make me happier to not hear Sponge Bob in the background 1/2 the afternoon!! Just shutting it off I bet will make you more active.

Hope everyone had a great day and tomorrow will be even easier, right??
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:51 PM   #107  

Giving up the SCALE sounds great!! I find myself relying way too much on the scale! Staying away from eating out hasn't been going to well, but I am going to the store on Saturday. So hopefully that will help! Good LUCK EVERYONE!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
fat n fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:19 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

I wish I could give up the scale but I have a weigh in day every week for the Beat the Bulge game so Ihave to stick to it!
I have to do some streaching before bed tonight or I won't be able to walk tomorrow! LOL!
Sleep tight everyone!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:06 AM   #109  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

It's day 3 already! wow. today is going to be stressful but I''m bound and determined to get through it without cracking.
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:41 AM   #110  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

For day 2 I finished up "Before you Leap". It was a very cute book with some nice ideas and food for thought. I'm not sure what I'll try for todays "me time". Good job everyone.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:35 AM   #111  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

My day 2 was a bust... I did okay with the no chocolate (or so i thought) but I was so tired when I got home from school and tutoring last night that I passed out on the sofa and didn't do an exercise tape. And... I noticed this morning on my way to work that the slimfast breakfast shake I drink is chocolate flavored. Don't know how I missed that one. So, when I go grocery shopping this afternoon I'm going to have to pick up strawberry or vanilla flavor.

But... I am starting fresh today. I know I can stick to it from here on out.

Keep up the good work everyone!
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:56 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

I've done well so far. I am hosting a gourmet dinner this weekend that has had the menu planned out MONTHS in advance - but I will just have to pass on the things I can't eat! Luckily since I am making the food I do know exactly what's in everything.

My husband's dinner for our group is next month, and that's going to be harder - there is almost nothing on his menu, from appetizer to dessert, that doesn't fall into one of my prohibited lists in some way or another!

He also came home last night & told me that one of our friends is having a birthday party next Friday - that will be really hard as I'm doing the Friday fasts.

But, two things - 1) For me, this isn't just about weight loss; it is about sacrifice and appreciation of the things sacrificed, as well as of how lucky we are for having access to those things all the time in the first place. 2) I am not going to worry too much TODAY about these future events! Today is about today. I can't do anything about those days until I get to them anyway.
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:13 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Hello everyone!

My boyfriend broke my scale, so not weighing everyday isn't really an issue right now (Actually, it was a group effort in breaking it, we were changing the batteries and the little piece snapped, but I like to blame him for things. Not knowing my weight is driving me mega batty... )

I didn't have any desserts or sweets yesterday! I almost grabbed a hershey's kiss out of a candy dish on someone's desk. I wasnt even thinking! I stopped myself before I actually picked it up though.

Last night, I had a dream that I ate a Nutty Buddy ice cream cone. And was halfway through it before I realized I'd promised to give them up, and I was soooo upset.
Does dreaming about eating desserts count!?

I need to keep up on the exercise part of my challenge I'm really slacking on it. I was STUPID and signed up for a half marathon IN MAY!!!! So, I really need to get on the wagon and train for that dumb thing.

But anyway, day 3, here i come!
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

So far so good; I'm even remembering to not get cheese on my salads. (I'm eating only fruits and veggies.) I actually binged last night, but since all I really have in the house are fruits and vegs, I managed to keep my calories to around 1,600 - not bad. I've also been consistent so far with working out at lunch and after work.

I've come to the realization that by the last day of Lent, I will be either the crankiest I've ever been or the most at peace. It's too soon to tell which.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:24 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone. Glad to see everyone doing so well! Keep it up!

My day 2 didn't go so well. Well, actually, I did more than 50% of my challenges, but still....I had a Dr. Pepper. I don't know why. I was craving one so bad....and I NEVER crave Dr. Pepper...I can't remember the last time I had one. Maybe TOM? Who knows? But I had half the bottle, and threw the rest away cuz I felt so guilty. And I also didn't exercise...I had to stay home and get my assignment finished before class. Then after class I had to take care of my boyfriend's son while he was at work. So that kinda sucked. Oh well...

On the bright side....I had my 3 glasses of water, and stayed away from fast food and chips! So I can add a '*' to my signature for those 3 things.

Here's to a new day!!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:13 PM   #116  
Goodbye Fat!

Well made it through day 2 with no cravings, so day 3 here we come! No sodas of any kind!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:26 PM   #117  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Don't worry about slip ups, just keep going!

As for me, I have done great - day 3 and no artifical sweenters... BUT I find myself have much more sugar! i guess its not that bad....
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:31 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodbye Chubby View Post

I've come to the realization that by the last day of Lent, I will be either the crankiest I've ever been or the most at peace. It's too soon to tell which.
I feel the same. Today while I was grocery shopping, going down the cereal ile I noticed just about all my favorite cereals are on sale and my son picked them out( we buy what is on sale so I had no choice). The worst is the vanilla almond special . So this will be a tought week.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:04 PM   #119  
diva in hiding

S/C/G: 495/462/290

Height: 6 feet even

Default i was shocked...

hey ya'll,

i got the biggest shock. my favorite treat is a starbucks green tea frap yes, with cream, venti...i know, i know....anyhue, i was concerned about the sugar. alright so i watched them make it: gren tea powder, cream and ice. no biggie. then i thought i wonder how many calories this has.....690!!!!! my heart dropped. oh...my...gawd! i honestly didn't know i was slurping down a whole meal. day 2 went good: no sugar, processed or fried. i didn't get my 30 min. of exercise in, which bummed me, but my water intake was fab. i'm already seeing a difference in my clothes, so i'm doing something right. we are going to do this!!!!!

lauanamaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:33 PM   #120  

Congrats to everyone!

I have a problem.... My friend just invited me to go to IHOP with her tonight because she has a 2-for-1 coupon she wants to use. You'd think I could just say no, right? I could say no if she just randomly wanted to go out to eat.... But she has a reason.... And I'm pretty much her only social friend in town. The "I don't feel like it tonight" excuse doesn't work because she's already said it doesn't have to be tonight, but we have to use it by April 6th. Using it on a Sunday and forgiving myself because Sundays are generally "free" days in Lent doesn't work because the coupon is only valid M to F. Crap crap crap....

So should I go, have fun, and keep going tomorrow?
Or should I find a way out?

The thing is, I wouldn't be going because I really want to go eat out, but because I would want to go be out and about, doing something, and spending time with my friend. Does that make it okay? I don't know what to do!!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote