Old 02-21-2007, 10:33 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Well I had oatmeal for breakfast. I cooked it last night(enough to me and my kids for a couple days) and added 1/4 of an apple and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnimon. So 1 hurdle over now if I can make it through the sfternoon (I usually have cereal for snack) then the hardest one is my night time snack which is the one that is giving me scale problems.lol
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:35 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Woo-hoo! Day 1! I'm so excited to start. I feel guilty because I'm not going to mass today...so that'll give me extra motivation to not cheat throughout this 40 days...since I've already disappointed God by not going to mass at the beginning of Lent!!! Just for a reminder for me, here are the things I'll be doing the next 40 (or more) days (I won't take Sundays off).....I'm giving up pop including diet, chips, and fast food. I'm adding in some form of exercise every day and at least 3 cups of water every day.

Let the games begin! Good luck on day 1 everybody! I'm off to the gym...
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:44 PM   #63  
Starting Fresh

Look at everyone who has joined! WOW! Welcome everyone.

Hope you day one is going well. I am enjoying my coffee right now with some real sugar
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:24 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'5''

I would like to join, too!

I am giving up chips (with the exception of pretzels).

I am promising to drink my 8 glasses of water a day.

I am promising to excersice once a day, every day.

Good luck everybody! I am off to make my tuna sandwich ........ and as a life long Catholic I feel a tad jipped about that Sundays off rule, noone ever told me about that lol

Nancy
backtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:25 PM   #65  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

gods but I didn't realize how addicted I was to self soothing with junk/fast foods til I went to visit hubby at his work at lunch. he brought out TWO PEPSIS and was shocked when i told him I felt betrayed. he was shocked I think, that I managed to resist asking for one for the entire half-hour. Then I drove home past every fast food joint in town. Even Long John Silvers was calling out to me, and I usually avoid the location in our town because I can't stand the people who work there as individuals {small town} and I don't trust them to follow basic food safety.... yikes.

but I made it through. Here in a minute I'm going to make some quaker quick oats for em and I for lunch. I'm in pain from overdoing it at the gym yesterday and then going on a spastic house cleaning frenzy, so for exercise today I'm going to walk around walmart tonight with my better half for an hour or so and take the puppy for as long a walk as the icing over of the snow runnoff will allow.
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:44 PM   #66  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

goodness there is Chocolate in EVERYTHING! my protein bars have chocolate, my oatmeal has chocolate, my students keep bringing me chocolate! it's a hostile take over!!! But, I can make it...

My next challenge is making time for turbo jam when I get home from church tonight.
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #67  
Starting Fresh

I think I screwed up, i think this Challenge ends on April 7 - not the 6th
Old 02-21-2007, 03:58 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Well , one day done...almost..it's hard with a 3 year old running around and getting in your way! LOL! I just want to do the ab routine then I'll be done so another 15 mins!!

39 days to go!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:01 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 179/179/145

Height: 5'7"

Smile I'm joining in!

I hope I'm doing this right, because I'm new.

For 40 days and 40 nights:

No chips and no eating after 8 pm.

Tango
TangoZulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:30 PM   #70  
I Can Do This!

S/C/G: 307/300/160

Height: 5'6.5''

Thumbs up

Oh boy - oh boy!!! I need to add the 'at least 7 hours of sleep' each night. I've been trying to do that for quite some time now but haven't been able to stick to it. I'm also going to add 'don't eat anything after 8 o'clock pm'. Reading all of the different posts reminds me of how off track I've been and of what I need to be doing.
pritijbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:12 PM   #71  

One day down, 39 to go!! And, of course since I gave up junk food -- somehow the kids and I ended up at McDonald's for lunch -- I got a side salad and the first time ever at a fast food restaurant -- it wasn't a week old (because, really how long do they sit there? -- how often does someone say "I'm really craving one of those McDonald's salads, they are awesome??!!)

I really thought this thread would stress me out, but it's actually kind of exciting to try to make it the whole 40 days -- not a diet punishment but a goal!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:13 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Hi Tango!! Welcome to the challenge.

Day 1 so far has been ok.

On the not eating desserts thing i was top notch! I even went to a happy hour and didn't have any alcohol or any bar food~

The non laziness part is going to take some work. I had to walk ~.5 mile home from the metro, so.... I'm going to let that skate by as my exercise, though it REALLY shouldn't count. Tomorrow.. tomorrow I will try to do better exercise wise.

Day 1, done!

Good job to everyone who made it today
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:18 PM   #73  
Just Do It!

Hey dudes,
just checking in and WOW Courtnie you have a following!! hehheheh good idea aye. Today is being my first day with no cheese!! It is hard.

Good luck to all of you,
I have one recommendation though, i personally would try not to cut one thing out of my diet totally like instead of "dairy" i said cheese- and someone said "starches" I just don't think that is a very healthy thing to do for 40 days but that's just IMHO, maybe just cut out white flour or white bread or anything white rather than all starches you see what I mean. I just want everyone to be happy little vegemites!!!
chimichanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:04 AM   #74  

For 40 days I would like to give up:
*All vending machine food (diet soda's and water is allowed)
*All drive-thru food (Eating inside a restaurant is okay)
The problem with eating from vending machines and drive-thru's is that I often eat unhealthy things from them when I am not at all hungry. And I dont' really enjoy them as much as I would if I were at home to savor them. I mostly go to the vending machines when I'm on campus and bored of studying, not because I am hungry. I did start today (Wed), and was successful. I thought it was going to be difficult, but I was so busy today that I did not really have a chance to think about what I was missing. I also like the idea of setting aside the money that I would have spent. I think I'll do that--then maybe I can buy some new workout cd's or a workout outfit.
biolerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:04 AM   #75  
Starting Fresh

Today was okay, felt my self craving that diet coke... esp now