Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 08:12 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Aww, thanks Kristen!! And you know I've always adored yours!!

I love your new quote!!! I still can't get over how mature and intuitive you are at your age. You should feel very proud that you are an inspiration to all of us at your young age. We are all in awe. You have a wise soul, my dear. Don't ever lose it.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:26 PM   #137  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi Ya Ladies!

Hi Ya Ladies!

How are you doing today? Me, lots better! I have finally realized that I'm not this horrible, horrible person for going OP. I need to quit myself up for it.

I think the most important thing I need to start doing is first learning to love and accept myself. Tough thing to do but I think for me its gotta be done first before WL is possible. Does that make sense?

Anyways. I wanted to share with you all, I got a great magazine today, Redbook, its the July Issue and has Kate Becinsale on the cover. It has a lot of nice info on eating right, etc.

I will give you a little summary of one article I thought was good:

Its tips from Denise Austin. I will summarize in my own words......

Put on your work out clothes first thing when you get up in the AM so your not tempted to be in your jammies all day and eat unhealthful foods.

Oh Great tip, hold in your tummy for 5 sec, you can do this at your desk (doing it now as I post!), driving, even while taking your walk! She said its like doing a sit up but not actually doing it. Also you can do the same thing with your behind, she says you get the same result as if you were doing squats!

Also another good tip: give yourself a new start each day and don't be too hard on yourself (I can use this advice -- for sure! lol) and say, and this is a quote, "I have the rest of my life to be healthy and fit, and I have today to make the change." Denise Austin. Then get going!

I hope that was okay to post in my own words, except for the last one was a quote that she actually used in the article (it was in " " in the article as well so I figure its the same as using someone's quote in your signature as long as you give them credit its okay.)

Anyways lots of other great articles in the issue, also probably can see some at their website.

I also got Oprah's new magazine, also the July 06 edition, and in that she has an article titled, "Binge from **** (and back)" by Ann Lamott. I haven't read that yet, but I will.

So anyways there are some good reads for you, if you are interested.

Kristin - WTG!

Ellis, Sharon, Lealea, Harpo, and everybody else, I hope you are doing well and hope everybody has a great night!
Old 06-19-2006, 09:02 AM   #138  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for that Sassy! I absolutly love Denise...I have alot of her DVDs I do her FatBlasting Yoga and Shrink Your Female Fat Zones workouts (when I am on an exercise program). I alternate them doing one one day and the other the next and still do my 30 min on the treadmill...it kicks butt!! Most people get annoyed with her but I am one of those that it seems everytime she says "come on Smile you are doing good for yourself " "come on dont quit now we only have a few more" "you are beautiful because you are getting fit for your" all those things she throws into her dvds alot I am the one that at that point is saying OMG THIS IS CRAZY IM QUITTING...Then her voice keeps me doing it. She is so encouraging to me. I used to be a member of her forum long ago and thats how I lost all my post preggy weight with ally...using her site and the support of the great ladies at that forum I went from 135 to 125 in about 6 months. Although none of them knew of my binging....ONly a year ago I "came out"

Harpo LONG post are great!! I love reading little things like what everyone things when they are at walmart and stuff.....and those little devils don't buy them lol I have some in the house right now it sucks to see them there haha.....I had forgotten about sending you pics...I still use MSN but not quite as much as i used to...its usually signed in but Im either crosstitching crocheting reading or watching TV lol the only time im ON the puter now is if I am here typing away or if I am on Pogo playing games.

Ok enough aimless chatter and on to the confession

I binged last night...I made a HUGE pan of nachos for hubby and meant to eat only a few but ended up eating half of them....then the little devil got hold of me when hubby innocently asked me to bring him snack cakes....we both had the muchies last nite which NEVER happens...so I ate a package (2 cakes) of snack cakes..Yeap devil squares.....then I still wanted something so I ate 2 popcicles...I kind of knew yesterday would be bad because i ate bad for my first meal of the day but today is different and its a new day...its 8am and I am on my first cup of coffee, bout to go make me some wheat toast with Jelly or maybe grab a nutrigrain bar. then another cup of coffee...

Sundays Cals maxed at 2116 and hubby said " NOOO WAYYY you don't eat THAT much" and i told him "they add up faster than you think" he didn't even WANT to know what was in HIS dinner of bbq pork chops Mashed potatoes mac and cheese and crowder peas....THAT is my one accomplishment yesterday. I made him that huge supper and kind of talleyed the cals in my head while i cooked and the plate of food I would have eaten would have been about 1000 calories SOOOOO I made HIM that supper and the kids ate that with him but I ate a Healthy Choice meal...So although I binged last night It could have been worse.

I am armed with healthy choices this week though and I will do better

OHH and another accomplishment...I kept accountable for my cals last night..I almost said NAHH i will just let this slide but DIDN"T im happy bout that.... and its realy helping to put good choices in green and bad in red...makes me want to put less red ink on the paper.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:23 PM   #139  

Height: 5'-2"

I was wondering where I was for a minute (I often lose track of what thread I'm in ) until I started reading your post, Sharon. Mashed potatoes, nachos, snack cakes... Sorry, I don't mean to laugh. ahem. How inappropriate. heh heh heh.
So... you're going to have a better day today, hon? It's just the BEST that you wrote everything down... regardless of what you ate! That's what the doc at my weight loss program says. "If you're having a rough time, I don't care what you eat, but WRITE IT DOWN!" It's so easy to go ridiculously overboard when you don't see those numbers. And I love that you use red and green.
I wish you were here so you could teach me to crochet. Or rug hooking. Can you teach me how to hook rugs?

Sassy, I'm so glad that you've stopped "beating yourself up" for going OP!! That is such a huge step forward!! When we think we're failures, we act like failures.
Wow... thanks for those tips from Redbook! I forgot about the "putting on your workout clothes as soon as you get up" thing. That's such a good one.
Hmmm... "The Binge From ****", eh? I'll bet we could each write one of those.

Harpo, I love your new avatar, too... you look gorgeous!! Your face... it's like someone else's. I mean it's you, but you look completely different without your chubby face.
That's so bizarre about your memory. DH and I were watching a bicycle race yesterday, and this guy came up to us. He recognized my DH. They were in grade 8 together. (they're both 43 now)
Another time I was out shopping with DH's sister. (she's 50) She grabs my arm and says, "See that woman? We were in the same kindergarten class!" She hadn't seen this woman in 45 years, and she recognized her right off the bat. Creepy.

Kristen, how are you doing, hon? Yeah, it would be nice if life were like in the Jetsons, where they eat their meals in pills form. That would really help me a lot.

I just did two, 60 minute walks. Feeling a wee bit peckish. And like I DESERVE to eat something good, you know?
Oh, what am I talking about. I just ate a big bowl of popcorn with butter and salt!
I think I need something sweet now... like some of those Polish chocolates.
Harpo, it's only fair that I should have something that you don't. (I think. heh heh) You have EVERYTHING down there!!

Speaking of everything, when I walked by Parliament this morning I thought about how blessed I am to live in such a beautiful city. It was 11 o'clock, and the Peace Tower was ringing (bonging?) the time, and I just felt really glad, you know?
And I watched a boat going through the locks on the canal. What a clever invention.
I have such a great life.

On the other hand, I would like to say this. If you're visiting Ottawa (or any other city), it's not okay for your entire family to walk side-by-side down the sidewalk with no regard for the natives, who are trying to go about their daily business. I understand that you're awestruck by the sights, and I actually quite enjoy witnessing your pleasure and following your view to see what you're looking at, but I had to practically leap into the traffic three times this morning so your families could walk six abreast.
And as for some of our residents... unless you're under the age of 12, would you get the heck off the freakin' sidewalk with your bike! If I have one more close call being run down by some crazed, yet casual 40 year-old (in a helmet, no less!), I'm going to run my umbrella up your butt!

Okay, now that I've got that stuff off my chest, I can go back to being grateful.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:01 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Hi all! Hope you are all doing well
I went for my interview today for that Peer Leader thing I applied for and my Egnlish teacher is in charge of it. I hope I got it bu I think she thought I was being a brown-noser because I was polite and I wore a nice outfit just for my interview. Anyway, my answers to the questions were very good. One really hard question was:
"Do you think that as a freshman mentor you would be able to teach and control a class as if you were a teacher?"
Thsi was my exact answer:
" I think I would be able to handle that type of situation because of my prior experience with the Future Teachers if America program at my school which I am involved in. As a member of that club I have gone to the elementary schools and taught lessons to the 2 grade classes there. Obviously teaching at the high school level would be different but I beleive that I could do it"

What do you all think of my answer? I though It was good. I don't know!
When I left I said to the 2 seniors peer leader "It was ncie to meet both of you!" amd The teacher advisor kind of did one of her maurisms ( I have her so I know them) that sugggested she though I was brown nosing but w.e. if she doesn't see that I was just being polite then w.e.

Ok I got on the scale this morning and it said I gained 2 lbs I think it must be water weight, it has been really hot here and I keep drinking water, or if I don't drink it my body retains it so I dunno anyway I have to study for my biology and english finals!
Time to learn about genetic mutations and Shakespeare!
Bye ladies----good eating!
Old 06-19-2006, 04:32 PM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis

On the other hand, I would like to say this. If you're visiting Ottawa (or any other city), it's not okay for your entire family to walk side-by-side down the sidewalk with no regard for the natives, who are trying to go about their daily business. I understand that you're awestruck by the sights, and I actually quite enjoy witnessing your pleasure and following your view to see what you're looking at, but I had to practically leap into the traffic three times this morning so your families could walk six abreast.
And as for some of our residents... unless you're under the age of 12, would you get the heck off the freakin' sidewalk with your bike! If I have one more close call being run down by some crazed, yet casual 40 year-old (in a helmet, no less!), I'm going to run my umbrella up your butt!

Okay, now that I've got that stuff off my chest, I can go back to being grateful.

Okay, if I ever get to Ottawa, I promise not to walk with my family side by side (and that would be 10 of us, btw).

~~~

I love Denise Austin, but I haven't done one of her workouts in ages. She'll always have a special place in my heart, because I started out with her when I was over 300. She's so encouraging and upbeat. I love her.

Oooh, I want to read that article, "Binge from ****" Someone remind me in a couple of weeks to go read it at my library when they put out the new issues, because I definitely won't remember.

Kristen I like your answer ~ it's a good idea to remind an interviewer of prior experience. And she probably didn't think you were a brownoser (you didn't bring her a box of candy, did you? ) But anyways, my fingers are crossed for you.

~~~~
Hmmmm, no binge to report and Dillons finally took the XL Hershey bars off sale!!!! YAY!!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 04:47 PM   #142  

thanks harpo

i made a sign for my refrigerator that has a chick on it with an aire bubble saying "If you eat badly you have to tell..." and then it says everyone name on the thread it so funny! lol anyway...

I love Denese Austin but I don't know what type of videos she has that are good...better start browsing!
Old 06-19-2006, 05:03 PM   #143  

Height: 5'-2"

Kristen, you gave a great response! Keeping my fingers crossed for you, sweetie.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:01 PM   #144  
New Beginning, New ME!

Ellis the wannabe author in me was drooling at the site of your peace tower and boats....such a beautiful image came to my mind..then i laughed imagining you almost getting run over and I promise if I am ever there I will be good...especially if you have an umbrella
I don't know how to do rugs but I love to design picture afghans (blankets) and also love to crosstitch. All the counting is hard though with it being summer and the kids being here most of the time.
Are YOU catching the Long Post Syndroms (LPS for short ) hehe I really like that we are all starting to just tell about our days and use the BOTTOM of our posts as our confession...it shows that we are not dwelling on the binges...we are dwelling on people on bicycles, school stuff, denise austin, and magazine articles instead...I think its awesome!!

Kristen your answer was great I think..and I Love the idea of a chick on your Fridge..thats a cute idea.

YAY harpo no more XL bars on sale!!!
If you like denise you should get Shrink....its great..its all weight training one 20 minute with and one 20 minute without a stability ball and its about the only workout that i actually LIKE doing. I seriously look forward to doing it.

If you are looking for my confession you aren't going to find it!!! I just ate supper of a South Beach tortilla wrap meal and about a cup and a half of california blend veggies and I am at 1250 for the day and thats with 3 meals 1 snack and 4 cups of coffee. I did almost mess up by eating one of hubbys white chocolate macadamia nut cookies (which I don't like by the way) I had it warmed and in my hands and threw it in the trash as I went by...a lil burst of strength coming from somewhere there...because if I had one I would set myself off. Still have one snack for today planned but that will top me at 1400 at the most for the day...this is by far my best day ever and I don't even feel the slightest binge coming.....now if I can just keep it going

Stay strong girls...I am sending you all good thoughts and willpower...You all have no idea how many times I think of you a day and pray that you are doing well!!
Old 06-20-2006, 02:43 PM   #145  

BINGE CONFESSION TIME!!!

My all time favorite part of the day

Ok yesterday I ate:
cereal, 2 sandwiches, 4 waffles, and i can't remeber what else

Today:
Veggie sushi, waffles, 2 servings of ice cream, and they were big not even servings so I guess that would be abinge for me sicne I felt sick afterwards

Better luck tomorow!
Thank god I don't go food shopping anymore onf friday with my dad i give him the list and don't have to walk past the ben and jerrys or the bakery!
Old 06-20-2006, 04:39 PM   #146  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

(Sneaks in...)

Hi... I went back to lurk mode for a while. I haven't been being very good, so I have been avoiding posting. Funny how the two are related. Anyway, I wasn't even emotional or upset this weekend, but I had my first true binge in a long, long time. Le sigh... here goes...

First, hubby felt a binge come on and instead of helping him or stopping him, I jumped right in with him. We each had an entire calzone one night; next day, I had most of a bag of tortillas with an entire small block of Velveeta cheese (queso salsa dip), and he ate most of a chocolate birthday cake, plus dinner; then we both had large orders of Chinese delivery food the next night, and finished off whatever was left of cake and chips and dip. I helped him with the cake a little and he helped me with the chips and dip a little. Un-freakin-believable! I had to sit up in bed both Friday and Saturday nights because I had eaten too much and couldn't breathe. Dumb, dumb, dumb...

For him I guess it's stress related, they just finished up a big audit at work and his final exam for his summer class was yesterday, but I didn't even have an excuse. I just binged 'cos HE did. Grumble.... How sad is that?

So now I am "grounded" for a week. No cheating allowed and I must exercise the moment I get home from work. Two days now, so far so good. Tomorrow I am off of work, but the exercise must happen anyway.

Sad Lala....
Old 06-20-2006, 06:18 PM   #147  

dalai-lama i am sorry about your binge, its so easy to fall into temptation when you are with people who are eating like you are craving to eat. Don't get too down on yourself, being strciter with yourself this week is a good idea. Just be careful that you are not so strict that at teh end of the week you don't have a full out binge after all the cravings
good luck to u and everyone!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:41 PM   #148  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

ok - had a binge today with my all-day meeting...grr...pretty much an all-day binge...

started with granola bars (3) and a yogurt smoothie, then pretzels and mini-candy bars (2)...then onto lunch - two fajitas, chips and guac, mini candy bars (3) and 1 brownie. then more mini-candy bars (2)...2 more brownies...1 more package of pretzels, 4 more mini-candy bars...I've already had more than 40 points for the day so far and we haven't made it to dinner yet - do i even need to eat? of course not...will I? probably...maybe i will take my carrots and cherries since i'm not very hungry and i know i will want to eat SOMETHING...i'm kind of mad at myself but at the same time, i've recorded everything and it's still pretty early in the week so i can have enough time to burn it off without it really screwing me up...
Old 06-20-2006, 07:18 PM   #149  
New Beginning, New ME!

awww guys I am so sorry about your bad days! We all have been there.

Dalai~I also binge when hubby binges he knows I have a binge problem but he hates to see me fighting myself constantly over every bite of food that goes into my mouth. Hugs to you and your hard "getting back on track" week. Next time don't go into lurk mode...we are here to hear your confessions and express our sympathy. No need to feel embarrassed or anything here...its not like we will say OMG THAT WAS SO MUCH FOOD...HOW DARE YOU DO THAT....not here...we understand

Lucky~your binges are the closest so far to my binges...not unusual amounts of food jsut what "normal" people would have for a snack but like 5-10 times in a day instead of just once. Like I will have ONE package of snack cakes 4 times a day. Its so hard sometimes to fight myself when i want those foods sooo bad..

Kristen~Ice cream is not one of my nemesises but you add a hot little debbie brownie under soft ice cream and I am lost..I once ate a full half gallon of ice cream with a WHOLE box of Little devil brownies. OH and waffles?? ME TOO!!! I will make them, cut them in strips and dip the strips into syrup while I fix dinner and no one has any clue that I am binging.....I hate when I do that so I don't buy frozen waffles and if I make them fresh I dont freeze the extras.

Suprisingly my chocolate candy habit is now in its 2nd week of its dissapearing act...I jsut no longer crave chocolate candies..like hershys and stuff.
My ole pal Little Devil made a visit to my tummy today though and thats my only real binge. I had a little debbie cake then followed it with 3 popcicles all that within 15 minutes...I recovered from it though and will remain at least close to staying under my 1700 cal limit.
My new thing is cut off time for food (saw it on Oprah yesterday) My cut off is 7pm (to avoid snacking during my favorite shows) I also ordered Bob Greenes book from my book club yesterday. He has some ideas that looked good to me when he was on Oprah....

Small binge, otherwise ontrack, new book, new food cutoff time, I think I got everything in there....except....

WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!! hopefully you not being here means you are doing good!!
Old 06-20-2006, 10:30 PM   #150  

Hey, Sharon are you getting the 12 week makeover book? I saw that episode of Oprah too (wasn't that guy who lost 500 w/o surgery INCREDIBLE?) I want to do the 12 week makeover too. I'm going to go check to see if my library has it and then we can do it together!! I asked my mom if she wanted to do it, and she didn't.

Kristen That refrigerator (I dont' call it that ~ it's ice box to me!!) idea is great. I'm going to steal it from you Did you print off a picture of a chick on the web? I think that's what I'll do . . . I'll find a real cute one.

la la Welcome back and don't think we didn't notice your absence. I think we all avoid posting when we are having a rough time. Make your hubby come here and join us. We don't have any males in here, and I know that men are binge eaters too! Good luck on your "grounding."

lucky I hope your night went better. Start fresh tomorrow

~~~

I'm unfortunately here to confess a binge. It was because I ate lunch and then I went with my mom to Subway and since it was 3.99 Tuesday, I bought a sub to eat TOMORROW, but of course I ate it when I got home. And it had cheese and sauce on it, so it was about 900 calories for the sub, and I ate the whole thing. And then I wanted something sweet, so I went to the grocery store and got a marshmallow rice bar, chocolate covered brownie bites, and a Pepperidge Farms 3 layer coconut cake and ate the WHOLE thing. It was over a pound!! But it was SOOO good. At least I enjoyed my binge today.

I've got to go grocery shopping tomorrow so wish me luck I'm strong and don't buy anything bad. Lets have a good binge free day tomorrow. Lots of love girls!!!
Closed Thread