Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 09:07 AM   #31  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

Here's how my week is going.
I have major pms this week. Today I want to crawl in bed and not move.
My wonderful co worker is leaving today and I will miss her so much. Not only is she a wonderful person but we clicked and got a lot of work done together. I am so sad she is leaving.
I had a very stressful situation with my husband's business this week, including a law suit and the possible loss of a 16year close friendship. Although things seemed to have resolved, I am very emotional.
In all of this trouble I have not binged!! I journaled my feelings and put all of them into persepective, that eating was not going to solve them. I feel so much stronger not turning to food.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:17 PM   #32  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi chickies!

I had a pretty good day yesterday! I did go a bit overboard yesterday evening ( on healthy foods) but stayed within my calorie range (under 1600) so I consider it a victory!!!

Harpo~5 years since your last vacation!!?!?!? You can definitely go with me next time! The only condition, is that you must send me an autographed copy of your first book! Congrats on your 2 1/2 binge-free days!!

Kate~You are doing GREAT!!!
"I discovered ******* in the freezer...And ate a little portion. While sitting down and I ate it slowly. I could count it as a snack....Or I could count it as a binge."
You did so well to eat only a little portion and to eat it slowly. Don't be so hard on yourself! IMO, a binge is out of control eating when I am not hungry. I try not to be too strict with how I define bingeing because I am just setting myself up for failure. I guess your definition of bingeing may be different?

Crazed~Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time! I know what you mean about being hungry in the evening! I am the same way lately! I'm trying to eat less earlier in the day, when I'm not as hungry, and save some spare calories for the evening when I KNOW I'll be starving. This worked pretty well for me yesterday. I did overeat yesterday evening, but I stayed within my calorie range for the day (under 1600)

purple~ PMS can be tough even when things are going great. Sorry to hear about your troubles. But I am really glad to hear that you are coping so incredibly well!!! I've never tried journaling, posting here in 3FC is as close as I've come. Maybe I need to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiraton!

Wishing everyone a happy and binge-free day/week!
Old 05-18-2006, 10:44 PM   #33  

Default hihihi

Just joined this thinger...ive never actually sought online help pertaining to food before, so I hope this helps me.
Anyways, this sounds good. I will count my days of no binges and see how long I am able to hold up.
I'm confused about the little chart that shows your progress in weight loss goals- I can never find it from the home page. I also don't see how you guys have it on your signatures. How do I update it with my progress?
Old 05-19-2006, 12:28 AM   #34  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

Hi you guys! My 17 day binge free streak has come to an end. I am ashamed to admit it! Well here's to starting anew right??!
Old 05-19-2006, 05:24 AM   #35  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Good morning!

Finished my 20th (twentieth..?? you know what I mean) binge free day yesterday!!

telemetrynurse: Thank you! Actually your binge definition is the same as mine....But I am a wannebe 100% perfect type of person sometimes. And the food issue stresses a bit, so I am always like "Is that ok? Was that too much? Am I going to die immediately because I had to spoons to much??". I think hysteric would be a word that would match my behavior sometimes....
Congratulations on your victory yesterday!!

motivation_97: Welcome! Itīs really a helpful place here! So just hang on here!
You can find the weight loos trackers in the section User CP in the purple thingy on the top of the site. There you have to click "Edit signature", I think.

bigfatty: Uh, I am sorry! But please donīt take that so seriuos- the important thing is not if you slip or how often you slip, the importance is in starting new every time you fail.

purplepansy912: Sorry for having such a bad time! But you deal great with that stuff!

CrazedLedZepFan: I hope you had a better day yesterday! Well, maybe I am not the right person to give advice, but I just want to say that I really would suggest to eat 4 meals. Or three meals and a snack. OR whatever.
Waiting until I am really, really hungry and then starting to cook/ prepare a meal then is a major binge trigger for me.
So I have to find a balance between only eating when I am hungry and not starving myself to that point, that my blood sugar reaches the bottom and I just can think: FOOD; FOOOOOD...and eat everything in sight.
And the evening are a critical time for me as well. I try to help myself with eating healthy so that I am not so hungry in the evening. And drinking a lot of tea. And I have a problem with watching commercials (food commercials...) on TV- BINGE TRIGGER!! But because I drink so much tea and I can use the time when the adds are aired to visit the bathroom...

Girls, I hope we all have a nice binge- free Friday!

Kate
Old 05-19-2006, 08:46 AM   #36  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, girls! You're all doing so well! Cindy... come on, hon... you can do this.

Kate, 20th day!?!? You GO, girl!!

Motivation, welcome! If you need more help with your ticker, just holler.

Elizabeth, isn't it great when you know you've gone a little over, but you KNOW it's not a binge? That you were actually "in control"!?

Pansy, I'm sorry you're going through a lot of stuff right now. Wouldn't it be great if we just take an entire day (or PMS week) to ourselves? I hope things are better for you today, hon.

Where's everyone else? Harpo? Jodi? Hungry2Live, Monkey, Jay, and Belle?

I haven't had a binge in awhile, but I've been eating a few things that could potentially set me off. So I'm back on the straight and narrow today.

Let's all have a good day, ladies!
Old 05-19-2006, 11:02 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

ooops, missed roll call again!!!

Well, I was at the amusement park all day yesterday and was beat after 6 straight hours of walking? And I ate two sweet things. And that was it. But I ate two things I shouldn't the other day, but I don't know. But no crazy binges. Just a little off plan.

Elizabeth You'll get the first autographed copy, I promise!!! Now I just got to finish writing it!!!

Motivation Welcome!!!!

Good day everyone!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 11:06 AM   #38  

You guys are great! Thanks for the support and encouragment! Today is a brand new day, I CAN DO THIS! I CAN BEAT FOOD! I hope you all are doing great today!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 02:27 PM   #39  

i'm here ellis!
i am always hesitant to stop in and say i am doing well in here because it seems the moment i admit i am not binging i get this great big urge to do it. i've been checking in on you all though everyday and see that you are all doing a wonderful job. hang in there girls you can do it!!
Old 05-19-2006, 03:45 PM   #40  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hey everybody!

I was so good yesterday! woohoo! The funny thing is that I didn't even WANT to binge! Today, I am fighting the binge monster I'm preoccupied with thoughts of "what can I eat". YUCK! I'll be strong

BigF~WOOOHOOOOO!!! 17 days binge-free is AMAZING!! WTG to get right back on the wagon after falling off! You CAN do this!!!

Motivation~ I love your name! We could all use a little motivation around here! Stick with us!

Kate~ 20 days!!!!! WOWOWOWOW!!! Keep it up!!! Great job!

Ellis~Congrats on being binge-free! You are a smart lady to catch yourself before allowing the binge beast to prevail!
You're sooo right---it does feel really GREAT to feel "in control" even when overeating a bit. The funny thing is that sometimes I feel "out of control" even when my eating has been ok---like today. I guess it is more a reference to my frame of mind, not actual food consumption

Harpo~ I'm so glad you went to the amusement park! You deserve to be amused, since your last vacation was over 5 years ago! WTG on the walking for 6 hours! It's really cool when exercising and being amused at the same time! I'm sure you exercised off any sweet treats you ate! Ok, I'm waiting on the book---I LOVE to read! I'm curious, do you write fiction or nonfiction?

Justjodi~I know what you mean ------"admit i am not binging i get this great big urge to do it."-------- I do the same thing with weight loss. When I finally see a loss, for some reason I almost feel justified to eat a little extra. I'm glad to hear you're binge-free!

Keep up the great work everybody!!! Have a wonderfully binge-free Friday!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Okay, sadly no comment on the bingeing. (My second binge is in my stomach as I type). I messed up today, I knew I would. It's always on Fridays. Darn.

Elizabeth, I primarily write fiction, although one day I'd love to write a book about my struggle with my weight and eating disorders (of course AFTER I've recovered that is). The book I'm working on now is essentially a metaphorical comment on small town aristocracy (tied into general aristocracy and social status), hypocrisy (religious mainly) and political corruption. My antagonist is a college-aged girl and her father is the dean at her university, and she forms a unique bond with an elderly cemetary groundskeeper. But I'll be here all night if I get into the story. I want my book to entertain, but I would love to just challenge everyone's ideals, especially the ones our parents impressed on us. I want to make people think and question everything they ever learned. And as such I could never write a direct comment on any of that stuff (don't think I'm smart enough for that), they are in the guise of fiction. And I can be quite satirical and ironic with dialogue, and it's one of my favorite parts to write. I'd also LOVE to write plays and screenplays one day as well. I love a well written play or movie.

Enough about that, I have a question for you Elizabeth. Is there any way you could post your avatar picture? I'd love to see it bigger, because it looks absolutely gorgeous. And I can't see your beautiful face very well. That is you isn't it? See, I can't even tell!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 12:39 AM   #42  

Hey all! Well I got back on the wagon and stayed there (for today) but hey that is all I'm focusing on, one day at a time. I hope you all are binge free this friday night! Here's to TONS of will power for the weekend!
Old 05-20-2006, 05:46 AM   #43  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Good morning!

The day yesterday included a bit overeating (fortunately not really a lot food), but no binges. And I was (somehow) at an concert yesterday night. Kate going out! Wow. I really enjoyed it!

And thank God I am not yellow- otherwise I would look exactly like that: Itīs THAT TIME OF THE MONTH for me, and my body thought that PMS and ballooning would be a good couple to entertain me this weekend.
But it will be ok in a few days. Anyway, I try not to stay in the near of the scale for longer than 10 sec- I bet I have some extra PMS pounds. My body mistakes THAT TIME OF THE MONTH with traveling in the desert and stores a lot of water. Even though I am a) no camel b) I would prefer to have the water in a bottle and not to schlepp it around in my body.

HarpoChicoGroucho: Your book sounds very interesting! Iīll be the first oversea- reader!

bigfatty: I hope you had a nice Friday evening!

telemetrynurse: Great that you had a good day yesterday/ the day before yesterday/ ??? (damn time zones)!

A nice Saturday to all of you (binge free and sunny and whatever you want),

Kate
Old 05-20-2006, 08:28 AM   #44  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning to you, too, Kate! And to everyone else. Still sleeping, I suspect.

Kate, you're so funny. Camel in the desert. heh heh.
I'm so glad you went out and had fun last night! Keep doing positive things for Kate.

Harpo, your book sounds amazing... thanks for telling us about it! Do you have a regular writing schedule?

Cindy, one day at a time is the way to go!! Keep at it, girl!!

Elizabeth, did you get through yesterday okay? You're right... it's all about mind games. Funny... if it's "our" mind, why aren't we in control of it?

Jodi, I hear ya re: being superstitious about posting postive. I know you're doing well, and I'm so glad for you.

I had a slip-up yesterday due to poor planning. You know, I think that's a first for me... actually taking the time to figure out "what I did wrong". !! It feels good to have searched for and found the answer.

Have a great day/weekend, everyone!!
Old 05-20-2006, 11:14 AM   #45  

Good morning ladies! Glad I got through yesterday binge free...on to today!

Ok Kate: I laughed so hard reading your post! You are hilarious!

Ellis: that is awesome that you figured it out! Way to go!! That is very inspiring too

Hope you're all having a great day, and hope it remains BINGE-FREE!
Closed Thread