Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 03:30 PM   #31  

Good job you guys!! Good Work! And to the strugglers I'm with ya! I haven't had any all out binges yesterday or today--but I keep eating beyond satisfaction. So I'm kind of struggling with that. One thing that's really hard for me is that what I consider a normal meal is actually too much food for me to eat in one sitting. So today for lunch I had a chicken salad sandwich on a croissant, some potato chips and about 8 oz. of coke. OK so besides the fact that it's not like a healthy lunch (I'm comfortable with that) I was probably satisfied (in terms of hunger) after maybe half the sandwich, a couple chips and a couple sips of coke. But I ate it all and was too full! Now mind you, there are times I eat WAY more than that if I'm really bingeing. But the fact remains that it's so hard for me to stop at that little amount (at least in my mind) of food. If I'm really listening to my body, I've had enough. And the crazy thing is, it's not like I'll get hungry again really fast or anything.

The last time I went on a stretch of really being in control and ate only when I was hungry and stopped almost exactly when I'd had enough I was SO surprised at how little food I ate throughout the day.

I'm not in the clean plate club or anything--I'm fine throwing food away. I actually get sad and frustrated when it's time to stop eating. I'm like, 'no, I can't be full, I really like this sandwich." I mean, what is that? Any thoughts on this? Suggestions?
Old 05-04-2006, 03:40 PM   #32  

hey all. sorry i disappeared for a few days. i was doing really poorly and didnt want to admit it by typing it out, lol. today i'm doing a bit better, I started to go a bit overboard at lunch, but stopped myself before I full out binged on anything.
thanks for all the kind words. everyone is doing so well, good job ladies
Old 05-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #33  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrobella
I'm not in the clean plate club or anything--I'm fine throwing food away. I actually get sad and frustrated when it's time to stop eating. I'm like, 'no, I can't be full, I really like this sandwich." I mean, what is that? Any thoughts on this? Suggestions?
I wish I knew, Jay. I'm with you. A prime example for me is Christmas dinner. I can't get enough. I'll be stuffed to the gills with my pants undone, and I'm reaching for my fourth helping.

Latinpear, I'm glad you're back! Good stopping yourself!!

This is my second binge-free day! Sort of feels bizarre to be in control again. I like it!!
Old 05-05-2006, 11:27 AM   #34  

Good morning everyone! By the end of this day, this *will* be my NINTH day binge free!! Notice I say *will be* and not *maybe will be*..haha. I'm determined! I didn't exercise today because it is my rest day but I did walk for about 30 minutes this morning with my dog.

keep it up everyone, let's have a Binge Free Friday!!
Old 05-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #35  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrobella
I can definitely relate to that! Personally, my problem is that I really LIKE good food! It is a pleasure to eat something that tastes good.
What I've done to help, is to use smaller plates and immediately put up any leftovers. If I go to a restaurant I'll ask for a "go box" when I order my food. When I get my plate I immediately cut out 1/2 of the portion and put it in the box.

I had a binge-free day yesterday and am doing great today! I feel really good about this 'cause I did have a binge day 2 days ago and sometimes it's hard to get back on track.

I hope everyone is having a good binge-free Friday!
Old 05-07-2006, 12:51 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Here's to a binge free Sunday!!!! Instead of looking at it negatively, I'm going to look at my binge free failures (yesterday and today) this way: If I don't binge tomorrow, I will have 5 out of 7 binge free days, and that is pretty darn good!!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 01:01 AM   #37  

binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge binge

i have had a shocking week but i have to get back on track. i haven't binged yet today but i'm upset about something so there's a good chance. i've hung in there so far, even resisted buying wine at the supermarket so i will push hard but really i think this week is a write off and will look forward to starting the challenge again next week.

ps jay - i think it's wonderful that you notice when you're full. it's a good sign. some of us (ie me) keep eating without checking whether the tummy has reached max
Old 05-07-2006, 01:09 AM   #38  

Today marked my 10th DAY BINGE FREE!!! I'm extremely happy with that. Going for 10 more now, wish me luck!!
Old 05-07-2006, 01:10 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Hey, there you are sweet pea. I got worried about you!! I'm sorry you had a rough week; I've had rough past couple of days, so you aren't alone. At least you resisted the wine. I can't stomach alcohol and it's never been a problem for me.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:18 AM   #40  

thanks for thinking of me harpo. i had my snout in the trough all week and didn't come up for air so never got here to post lol

i'd love not to stomach wine but i like it way too much. once i start i get myself in trouble! also i'm a bit run down now so it would probably knock me about. instead i had a piece of fruit and something from the deli. it wasn't super healthy but it wasn't junk food.

cya soon
Old 05-07-2006, 06:33 AM   #41  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Hi everybody!

Havenīt posted for a few days (or just a day? Donīt know....). I had a exam yesterday, so I was "out of order" the whole day. But I have the feeling that it went relatively ok, so I hope that I passed it.

I was binge- free on Friday and Saturday!!

I am proud that I didnīt ate (äh, eat??) the bowl of ****** my mother suggested I should have because I wrote the exam. I bought a DVD instead- last longer, more fun, healthier, better.

A great binge- free Sunday to all of you,

Kate
Old 05-07-2006, 06:48 AM   #42  

well done kate

i didn't make it. i binged today (sunday) so looking fwd to tmrw
Old 05-07-2006, 08:48 AM   #43  

not my best week here either girls, 2 real binge days for me this week. a couple of right on plan days, and the rest were just bad choices days(friday and saturday). my biggest problem is noy having a good plan to follow. i NEED to take out some time today for myself and make a food plan for the week, i know when i do this i follow it, but i have been half assing my planning and so for me that means bad food chioces. not a total loss this week but not my greatest effort.

harpo good for you counting up your positives! even one binge frre day a week is better than none. keep at it girl!!

sweetpea- hope all works out for you. hang in there!

great job all of you binge frre girls!! keep up the great work!!!

happy sunday everyone!
Old 05-07-2006, 09:08 AM   #44  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

If I don't binge today (and I have a good plan so hopefully it won't happen) I'll have made it through a whole week without binging. I'm almost completely freaked out about the fact.

I'm finding that planning ever single detail of what I will eat each and every day is really helping. I have even planned several days ahead. I'm going to definitely do this next week, too.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:26 AM   #45  

Height: 5'-2"

If I can through today, this'll be my fifth binge-free day!

Ladies, you're doing so well. Even those of you who are binging, you're trying, and you're going to break through this.

Must get breakfast ... let's all try to have a good day...
Closed Thread