Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 06:53 PM   #46  

chaoskitty- WOW !!! 70minutes of spinning way to go.

Lala- Sorry to hear about your shoulder or arm , but it sounds like you didn't let that stop you .

I took the day off monday because my knee was hurting . It still is, but the the elliptical doesn't make it hurt any more then it already does so I'm not going to let it stop me. Crunches are coming along ok. I keep dreaming about having nice looking abs , but don't think I'll see them for real of awhile.

Last edited by plb@m; 04-12-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:51 AM   #47  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Okay, I was a slacker Thursday morning. I should have exercised anyway, but I used the excuse of the mortgage re-fi signing to skip it. Bad Lala! Evening was better. PM stretch, crunches, and about half hour on the elliptical.

I am feeling a bit exercise-resistant this week for some reason. The I-don't-wannas are really rearing their ugly heads. I have (mostly) done it anyway, but not with the intensity and enthusiasm that I need. I hope this passes soon...

-Lala
Old 04-14-2006, 11:42 AM   #48  
dgpebbles

lala- sorry you are getting the blahs...all I can say it get moving girl...

yesterday I did 25 mins on elliptical and 60 mins of weights...we went to the Rainforest cafe last night and I really thought I had a bad calories day..I had steak, shrimp and ribs with mixed veggies and the big no no..we all shared a brownie with ice cream...looked to good to pass up...but I did come in under my daily calories..
Old 04-14-2006, 01:25 PM   #49  

i missed my workout last night, i ran out of time! DD's softball game went too long. no classes today for me. i just caught myself trying to think it would be ok to skip tomorrow too (bad thought!!) tomorrow am i will wake up with the birds and get my butt in gear!!

sounds like you are all doing well. keep it up!
Old 04-14-2006, 06:33 PM   #50  
Play that funky music!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgpebbles
lala- sorry you are getting the blahs...all I can say it get moving girl...
Hehehehee.... for sure! Well, I did move it today, fortunately. Hated every second of it, but I darn well did it! I did AM stretches, crunches, and squats (that's a new trick for me) this morning; I did PM stretches and weights tonight. I used a little less weight than normal. My arm is feeling better today, but I didn't want to re-strain the muscle. I'll go back up to normal weights on Monday, though, because even after the workout it doesn't hurt anymore.

So I met a friend for lunch today that I hadn't seen since December, when I was around 285/290. He said "Wow! You're getting skinnified..." He's such a hoot!

-Lala
Old 04-15-2006, 07:12 PM   #51  

lala isn't it great when someone notices!! good for you girl! great job with your workout too.

i managed to do my 1 hr class this morning. i've got 10000 steps in so far and still lots to do. i think shopping should be counted as an aerobic exercise also, i power shopped today for easter dinner, all our regular stuff, and enough candy to make 3 kiddos high for weeks. 5 stores in 3 hours phew!!! i'm going out in the yard for a while to try and enjoy a little of this beautiful day before it is over.

i hope the rest of you are doing well!
Old 04-17-2006, 09:10 AM   #52  
Play that funky music!

Default Weekend recap

I had a pretty lazy weekend, actually. I did my AM stretches on Saturday morning and then... that was about it... until Sunday night, hubby and I walked three miles 'round the 'hood.

It was a really excellent weekend, though. Hubby was feeling all romantic and frisky and paid lots and lots of attention to me. On Saturday night he made dinner, then put on some soft music, lit candles, opened some wine... he's so sweet sometimes! Our seventh anniversary is later this year and he asked me if it was possible that we would get "the seven year itch" for each other...

Today, however, it's back to the real world. I need to get up off my bum and get moving, then get ready for school. Aw crap, I didn't even do my homework this weekend, I just remembered....

Lala runs....

-Lala
Old 04-18-2006, 08:12 AM   #53  
Counting down the pounds

S/C/G: 265/230 (RNY)/147/130

Default My energized weekend (and Monday)

Well Saturday was very intense for me (insert sarcasm here) - water aerobics with no one under 80 years old and some swimming with sis (my daughter) in the class pool. I really do need to challenge her a bit more. I missed out on my spinning, but I did do about 40 minutes on the elliptical.

Sunday was really nice - I went to my gym and swam about 30 minutes, then got into the hot tub for 10 minutes - ahhh. I reinvigorated myself by using the sauna (we have two - one that is 141 degrees and the other is 191 - ouch). I used the cooler sauna - I hate sitting on burning wood.

Monday was my busiest day - Spinning for 70 minutes and then yoga for an hour. Needless to say, I'm a bit tired, but feeling very very good this morning!

Keep up the good work ladies - you all are doing such a great job that it's hard to keep up with you!
Old 04-18-2006, 11:53 AM   #54  
Play that funky music!

Default Monday recap

ChaosKitty - Good work! It's nifty that you're able to get your daughter to go with you for some fun and exercise. You're doing fine, don't worry... I haven't tried spinning but it looks intense!

As for me... the ususal, though I was disinclined to work out last night but I am determined to ignore that impulse, it's no good for me. AM stretch, oh yeah, I did finally get up to 200 regular crunches for the first time (!), squats; I missed the afternoon walk, though; PM stretch and weights.

Total crunches so far this month: 2505
Yay! I'm halfway to the goal of 4000... woot!

I tried once to add crunches to the evening routine too, but I was in too much pain the next morning to do them in the AM routine... wound up only managing 20! Ouch!

-Lala
Old 04-18-2006, 11:57 AM   #55  

Height: 5'-2"

Ladies, you are just FABULOUS!!!

I've missed a couple of days... Saturday I got on the treadmill for 20 minutes and ran for 10 of those. Felt TERRIBLE afterwards. A little ill and rather wheezy.
Did it again today (ran for 11 minutes this time, and a little faster), and it went well!!
Old 04-18-2006, 05:22 PM   #56  
Play that funky music!

to Ellis... You're feeling a bit stronger every day, don't worry, you'll be back to spiffy in no time!

-Lala
Old 04-18-2006, 05:30 PM   #57  

Thanks, Lala... ... you're a sweetheart.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:59 AM   #58  

went to the water class last night 1hr. 7000 steps on monday, a little over 6000 yesterday.

chaos- wow thats some spinning! good job.

lala- my abs are having sympathy pains for your crunches! keep up the great work!

ellis- glad you are feeling better! keep it moving on the treadmill!
Old 04-19-2006, 07:44 AM   #59  

Good for you, Jodi!! I'll bet you feel great!

Went to my 30 minute exercise class last night.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:18 AM   #60  
dgpebbles

everyone is doing such a great job this month..I proud of you all...

Monday I took as a day off and yesterday I got in 30 min elliptical and 60 min weights and today I meet with my trainer...I've had a great week of eating so farand hope I can keep it up...no cheating this week for me..
Closed Thread