Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 07:59 AM   #16  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone!

plb - I'm lagging behind right now, but I'm hoping to still meet you at the end. I've worked up from 100 crunches a day to 150... can't quite get to 200 YET...

Jodi - good job on the walking and the class. I just got my pedometer at the beginning of the month and I really like it. I can't lie to myself about how lazy I've been, or not, any longer... the steps show it!

Welcome primal muse! Sounds like a good exercise plan, just be sure you're getting enough calories - doesn't that sound weird? But if you burn a lot more than you eat for too long your body will start to hang on to every pound for dear life. Good luck and let us know how you're doing!

-Lala

PS: Doh! I forgot to report! I got it all in yesterday, woo hoo! AM stretch, crunches, 5 lb dumbbells, 1 mile walk, PM stretch, weights. The walk should have been longer but the heat was awful here yesterday. My friend and I both bailed... I felt chicken-fried by the time I got back to my car. I sat there with the A/C on full blast and fortunately my ice pack from my water bag was still mostly frozen. I had started feeling kind of weak and sick to my stomach by the time I got to the parking garage. Blech! Felt better rather quickly though and drove home okay.
-La
Old 04-04-2006, 08:02 AM   #17  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm just sitting here watching everyone exercise. I'm so sick with this cough. I've got a meeting with my trainer today, and an exercise class tonight. It'll be the first exercise I've done since last Thursday. I hope I can manage it.

You're all doing so well... keep it up, girls!
Old 04-04-2006, 09:14 AM   #18  
dgpebbles

ellis -sorry to hear your still not feeling good...I hope you get well soon..

lala-great job yesterday getting everything done...

Question...Do you think that maybe I'm not eating enough calories for the amount to exercise I'm doing?.....My average for last week was 1312 and I'm doing cardio from anywhere to 30-60 mins and weights for 60 mins...maybe my body is holding on to what I'm eating cause it's not getting enough..
Old 04-04-2006, 08:05 PM   #19  

Thanks, Donna.
You know, I've been contradicted on this before, I strongly believe that it's important to get enough calories. Well, that's what my dietitian and doctor say, and I believe them!
You could try having a couple of hundred extra calories...

I just did my exercise class. Now I'm going to take some Buckleys and go to bed.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:38 AM   #20  
Play that funky music!

Default Tuesday Recap

G'morning! Goods and bads yesterday for me... it was one of those dreaded hungry-all-day days.

However... I did the AM stretch, 160 crunches, 5 lb dumbbells - and I actually picked up the pace for my running in place between sets. In other words, I actually ran in place instead of walking in place... whew! Last night hubby and I went for our 3 miles 'round the neighborhood, and we did great! Our last record was 35 minutes per 1.5 mile circuit and last night we managed 33 minutes per circuit. I know that's not exactly a 15 minute mile yet, but our old time was 45 minutes per circuit, so we're definitely seeing an improvement.

That walk put my pedometer over 15,000 steps for one day, too...

Keep working, we're getting better every day!

-lala
Old 04-05-2006, 07:41 PM   #21  

great job lala sounds like you had a great day yesterday!!! 15,000 steps?? i can only dream!!

ellis good for you going out to the class!!! i hope the buckleys did the trick!

donna i agree with ellis maybe adding in a few hundred extra calories for a while will kick up your metabolism. good luck!!

hello primal good luck with your goals!!

me? well 5000 steps yesterday, barely!!! sheesh this is way harder than i thought. to make it today i'm going to have to march in place before bed LOL. didn't make it to my 2nd class yet this week. too much time spent running kids around. i'm going to the late class tomorrow night no matter what is going on here. feeling sort of cruddy tonight TOM. maybe i'll have a little tea.

keep up the great work everyone!!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 08:42 PM   #22  
dgpebbles

I agree..what was up with yesterday...I also was hungry all day...we went to a buffett with a freind and I ate more that I should have and all healthy either but I did come in at 1800 calories which was better than I thought it would be...I also didn't get in any exercise...I was not feeling to good and slept most of the afternoon and night...I feel better today just still feel really tired...don't think I'll make it tonight either...I do have my first real session with my trainer tomorrow...I hope he doesn't kick my butt to hard..

Lala- WTG 33 mins from 45 is a great improvement..you'll be at 15 before you know it...

Jody-hope you get in all those steps..yes it is hard..I stand up and walk all day at work and I don't even get in that many...

Last edited by dgpebbles; 04-06-2006 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #23  
Play that funky music!

Default Wednesday Recap

Okay... AM stretch, crunches, 1.5 mile walk... that's about it. I got in lots of other walking, though, about 2.5 miles total for the day. I'm up to about 630 crunches for the month total, I try to add 10 more every day until I can do 200 per day. I also do about 20 - 25 reverse crunches per day, but I haven't counted those in my total. Do you think I should?

I'm not announcing it officially yet, I think it's a scale fluke but... the scale said 259 this morning. Gulp... the lowest I've ever weighed in... I dunno... ten years? I was 261 yesterday and I know I didn't burn enough calories yesterday to lose 2 whole pounds. I'm semi-excited, but I'm holding off on the official boogie-down until I give it a day or two to see if it sticks. Wish me luck!

-Lala
Old 04-06-2006, 10:29 AM   #24  

Lala-A reverse crunch is a crunch I would count them . You are doing great !!! My rule is if the scale shows the same weight for 2 days then I count it and move on . My scale only moves every 2lbs so seeing a 2lb lost over night happens to me every time it does go down. I'm sure it wiill stay down your doing so good.

As for me I'm feeling lazy and down. I'm fighting the pig inside of me ! I haven't eaten today because I don't know if I will beable to stop if I do.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:07 PM   #25  
Play that funky music!

Oh, I know those days, plb! I get one every week or so... yesterday and the day before actually. I just felt like I was starving the whole day no matter what I ate, good or bad. It's one of those things we just have to bear and move through as best we can, unfortunately. I didn't eat espeically well either day, but I just kept moving as much as possible to counteract what I could. Good luck! Keep moving! (A moving target is harder to hit? Sure, why not...)

-Lala
Old 04-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #26  
dgpebbles

well I did make it to the gym yesterday after all but all I did was 30 mins on the elliptical...today I went and did 60 mins on elliptical and 60 mins of weights...I think I'm back on track again...
Old 04-06-2006, 08:37 PM   #27  

I think I'm back on track with you, girls! (Yay, Donna!) I just got home from my 45 minute INTENSE exercise class.

Plb, Lala is right... keep moving, hon!

You're all doing great...
Old 04-06-2006, 09:46 PM   #28  

well i made it to my class tonight, thats 2 down this week. i'll go saturday morning with no fuss! i got in 6000 steps today, i kept moving at work for most of the afternoon and then parked at the far edge of the parking lot at the y to get the rest in.

lets keep it moving everyone!!!
Old 04-07-2006, 08:21 AM   #29  
Play that funky music!

Default Thursday recap

G'morning everyone! Looks like we're all hard at work this week... good job!

I had a serious Thursday. I skipped out on weights on Wednesday night, so I made myself do them Thursday morning instead. So... AM stretch, crunches, weights. PM stretch, 35 min elliptical. Only a mile & a half in steps, though. That's okay, my workouts wound up coming close to 2.5 hours yesterday, I think I did quite enough!

Happy Friday!

-La

(BTW, I did post it under the CIC: Weight Loss thread, but the weight of 259 is really real! Yippeeeeeeeeee!!)
Old 04-07-2006, 10:16 AM   #30  
dgpebbles

morning ladies...yesterday was good ...I ate good and got in my cardio and weights....Has anyone heard if it's ok to do an hour of cardio and an hour of weight in the same day...someone told me to alternate days and not to do them both in the same day..said that anything over an hour starts burning muscle...It makes sense but I see everyone doing both everyday at the gym even the one that are in great shape...if it was wrong than why do they look good?
Closed Thread