Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #31  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi, ladies!
I went to my exercise class this morning. My chest is really congested, and I'm zonked. Am going to bed...

Good going... keep up the great work!
Old 04-08-2006, 09:03 PM   #32  

hello everyone!

well i made it to my exrecise class this morning, and got in 10,000 steps today!! who'd of thought just shoping and regular satrday errands would equal that many steps. going to bed early tonight, i am beat!

take care ellis- good job getting to the class today!!
Old 04-08-2006, 10:22 PM   #33  
dgpebbles

Great jo ladies getting in those classes today...and getting in your 10,000 steps...I'm hoping to go to bed early too...I have to work in the morning...today I only did weights and I cut the grass(good cardio)..I'll make it to the gym after work tomorrow and do my elliptical and weights ...

have a great Sunday
Old 04-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #34  

Hello everyone,
I've got in 1000 crunches and 90mins on elliptical and 90 mins of just moving after the elliptical to keep my heart rate up. I'm down 1lb ,but I'm not ready to move the tracker for that just yet.
I'm thinking about adding weights maybe a couple times a week or just weekends.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:32 AM   #35  
dgpebbles

plb-WOW- 1000 crunches and 90 min on elliptical..you go girl...and congrats on the 1lb..keep it up

yesterday I did 45 mins on elliptical ..no weights yesterday...will do them tonight...So far I'm at 600 mins of workouts this month...I'm also down 1lb this week.....

Jodi-How are thoses steps coming along?

ellis - Hope your feeling better
Old 04-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #36  
Counting down the pounds

S/C/G: 265/230 (RNY)/147/130

hi everyone!

You guys are awesome!

dgpebbles - Thanks for the pats on the back. It's hard for me to see the work I've done until someone mentions it - so thanks for putting what I've accomplished down in black and white so I can really absorb it. I really admire the cardio work you've done - and I have to admit it's motivated me to really blast off during my spinning classes, which are 60 minutes of grueling up and down on the bike seat (ouch) as well as my legs falling off. But good golly I feel like a million dollars afterwards!

dalai lala - look at your walking! OMG, I don't think I could do 3 miles in one go, that's for sure. I had a hungry day on Sunday (4/9) so I sure can relate to the hungry-all-day feeling.

Donna (ellis) - I hope you are feeling better. It's certainly hard enough to just get around, much less exercise when you are feeling poorly. Thank goodness I can go to my gym and sit in the sauna when I'm sick - it may not actually help me get better any quicker, but I know psychologically it seems to help.

justjodi - OOOoo I love my water aerobics class! My muscles really get a nice burn and I feel soooo de-stressed floating in the water afterwards, it's just a great feeling! You are doing really great with your other exercise too!

Hey primal muse - I hope you are able to stick to your workout goals - they sound just perfect. Are you making your own soup? I've noticed if I don't watch it, my canned soup has tons of sodium and for some reason, I really retain the water if I have too much of it. Lately, I've been staying away from the prepared stuff, and only making my garden vegetable soup (I've not had any lately though - bad me!)

So far here are my stats on biking for the last week according to fitday:
Time Spent Stats
Total: 190 mins
Average: 63.33 mins
Max: 70 mins
Min: 60 mins
Avg Weekly: 190 mins

And here is my elliptical times:
Time Spent Stats
Total: 130 mins
Average: 32.5 mins
Max: 50 mins
Min: 20 mins
Avg Weekly: 130 mins

Good luck to all in exercising and choosing smart food choices as well!
Old 04-10-2006, 02:13 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 190/186/145

Hi, I'm new to the form.

My exercise goals this week are 3 days of cardio for 30-45 minutes and 2 days of strength training. This is my first time actually making an exercise goal so I really hope I can keep it.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #38  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Hi Kim! Welcome aboard, you've found a great place! I know that I exercised pretty sporadically before I started hanging out here, but now I would hate to walk in and confess that I gave in to laziness, so I am sure to make myself do the work. Now I almost always get in at least 5 days a week of SOMEthing.

Speaking of which, ya'll, I had a terrible weekend. It was the Killer TOM from Outer Space and I spent most of the weekend in bed... with a heating pad. I even got nauseous. My poor hubby was worried that I might be pregnant until I reminded him that I actually was in the throes of TOM so... unlikely. Though, I did know a woman who continued to have TOM for the first few months of pregnancy - but I didn't tell him that!

Today's good, though... well, I didn't get far on the crunches, still too much in the way of crampiness... but I did the normal morning routine otherwise.

Hope everyone's having a great day!

(play that funky music) (boogie wonderlaa-and...)

-Lala
Old 04-10-2006, 07:24 PM   #39  

hello everyone!!

well exercise is no longer my problem thanks to all of your encouragement! could someone come over and lock up my fridge tho???? sheesh!! someday all of this will come together!!

so yesterday we spent the entire day outside including a hike through the woods with the kids and i got in over 17000 steps on my pedometer!! when i see all the movement i do on the weekend(2days) compared to the week(5days) it is no wonder i am exhausted on monday when i get to work! feeling good about it though.

tomorrow i'll go to my class and walk as much as humanly possible for a chubby woman with a desk job!

kim- welcome! good luck with your goals!!

kitty- great job on your workouts keep it up!!

donna & plb great job keep it going!!

lala- TOM was not kind to me either! hope you are feeling better.

ellis- are you feeling better dear??

if i missed anyone sorry hugs to all!! let's keep it moving ladies!!
Old 04-11-2006, 09:49 AM   #40  

Hi, ladies! You're all really burning up the calories, eh? Good job!!

Kim, welcome! I hope you're managing to stick to your exercise plan!!

Lala, I hope you're feeling better. Darned Tom, eh? It really cuts into our lives.

Kitty, spinning is such good exercise! DH and I took classes for awhile, and boy, was I sore after each class! Be careful with your legs falling off... one of our mods caught her leg on the pedal, and had to have over 20 stitches.

Donna, congratulations on the pound down! You're doing so well with the elliptical!!
I'm not certain about the cardio and weights thing, but I seem to recall my trainer telling me to alternate them.

Jodi, "... a chubby woman with a desk job..." I hear ya re: the food. But heck, you've got half the battle won! You're an exerciser!!

I got home from my exercise class on Saturday around 9:30. I went back to bed, and slept until 1:15! I guess I really needed that sleep.
I'm starting to feel better... thank you for all of your well-wishes, you sweet girls.
I'm determined to get on the treadmill this afternoon/evening. I just need a major kick in the butt...
Old 04-11-2006, 09:23 PM   #41  

ellis did you get on that treadmill yet??? you know it isn't going to walk itself!! it needs you go to it NOW!!!

me?? i just got back from the Y. I went early and walked 2 miles in 35mins then took the 1hr water calss. i am feeling fine!!! total steps for today are a little over 9000 not bad for a chubby woman with a desk job

have a great evening everyone!!
Old 04-11-2006, 10:30 PM   #42  

Yes, chubby desk job lady, I did get on the treadmill.
Only for 12 minutes... I ran for three minutes and then two. It was all I could do in my delicate state. I'm still rather wheezy.
You're turning into quite the exercise guru, aren't you, Jodi?
Old 04-11-2006, 10:52 PM   #43  
dgpebbles

Hello ladies...Glad to see everyone is doing great....

ellis-glad you got some sleep this weekend..it makes you feel better too...with being sick and keeping up with your exercise your body need the rest.

Jodi-great job ..9000 steps is great...I stand up all day and walk around for 8+ hours straight and I don't even get in that many steps...

As for me I'm taking today off...my muscles are alittle sore and I think my body needs the break too....I made chili yesterday made with ground turkey..it was really good and only like 220 calories for 1 cup...
Old 04-12-2006, 08:28 AM   #44  
Counting down the pounds

S/C/G: 265/230 (RNY)/147/130

Hi guys - I took off yesterday. I figured spinning for 70 minutes with a bunch of 20 year old athletes (I'm 45) and yoga for an hour afterwards pretty much told me to rest on Tuesday. But tonight I'm back at it - spinning and then, if it's nice out I'll take my doberman and miniature pinscher to the park.

Anybody ever outrun a dobie? It's pretty difficult, but if you can imagine snarling, dripping fangs (even though I know he protect me to the death) it a great motivator to move fast! LOL

You all are doing so great!

Ellis - take care of yourself! Exercise and coughing can lead to pleurisy (I know, I had it)

justjodi - I loved the drill sargent and the treadmill guy - I got a nice chuckle from that! I got a pedometer from work (I'm not sure how accurate it is) but it said during my 8 hours of work, I only logged in about 1500 steps . I think I need the drill sargent...

dgpebbles - I ask my friend who is a hobby weightlifter (mmm, very nice 17" arms - ok, down girl) anyway, he told me what he does is that he does combine weightlifting and cardio but before he starts his workout he feeds his muscles some protein (usually a protein shake) and one afterwards - to stave off any muscle cannibalism (ew).

dalai lala - I sure can relate to the TOM - even at 45 it still kicks my butt! I've heard that stretching can help, but I was always in so much pain, it seemed with exercise I was just compounding my pain. OUCH.

Welcome Kim - I hope you are not having any trouble reaching your goals so to help you out I'm givng you a :cheerleader: RAH!

plb - I am soooo inspired by your 1000 crunches! OMG if I did that, I think I would be unable to walk the next day. I can do about 20, then rest, then another 20, rest, and I struggle to get the last 20. I tell myself I need to do babysteps...

You guys are very inspirational! Thanks tons for all the ideas and keep up the great work!
Old 04-12-2006, 04:49 PM   #45  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Okay... I tried to post this this morning, but the power blinked (my UPS is apparently nonfunctional) and I lost it all. Grrrrrr.....

Kitty - Keep up the good work! I'm sure your dogs enjoy the active new you!

DGP- Chili sounds yummy! I've got a couple of servings frozen from last time I made chili, I should thaw that out for dinner tomorrow. But do get some rest when you need to. It's easy for us to work too hard for too long and not let our bodies get the rest and repair time they need.

Jodi - Good job at the Y! I am just the opposite with walking. I can get in 5000 to 10000 steps during the week, but barely break 2500 on a weekend day.

Ellis - Glad you're able to get up and about at least a bit. Take care of you!

As for me, I thought I was back on track, but I seem to have hurt my shoulder or arm this morning... driving today was a bit painful. I did my AM stretches, crunches, and calisthenics this morning and I'll stretch a bit and see what else I can manage this evening. I don't think it'll be weights, though...

Monday was AM stretch, only a few crunches, then an afternoon walk on campus, the PM stretch and weights, then an evening walk with my hubby around the neighborhood. Tuesday was AM stretch, crunches, then the PM stretch and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Busy, busy...

Hope everyone's having a happy Wednesday!

-Lala
Closed Thread