Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 08:32 PM   #16  

Hi gypsyladie and welcome to the forum congrats on your weight loss so far

Ellis... we are very humid... very

My week is going well. I have a social policy paper due soon, so I am researching that. But I find it rather interesting so that is fine... I watched an interesting movie called "what the bleep do we know" last night.. which was quirky but thought provoking. It talked about how the entire amount of matter in the universe is simply thoughts.. it talked about impermanence and interconnectedness and how we have the ability to alter our reality through our thoughts... that we aren't tied into the same patterns of behaviour and how we can become addicted to some behaviours... it was recommended by a buddhist chat group that I visit.. but it doesn't specifically talk about buddhism.. it was very good. I was left feeling very refreshed and hopeful about the path I am on to changing my own behaviours and patterns.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:55 AM   #17  

Height: 5'5"

Weigh in was yesterday and I am back down to pre christmas yay! I finally got thpose three pounds to drop!!

Ellis~Wow is it cold there. and I complain when we get to the teens(F) Sorry I have to run to church I don't have the conversion table infront of me.

Marrianna~I hate the humidity. It makes me look like a french poodle.

((hugs )) chicas I have to run!!
Old 01-08-2006, 07:38 PM   #18  

Oh yeah.. I feel your pain about the fuzz in the humidity.. shocking stuff
Old 01-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #19  

Oops hit post too early

I had my weekly weighin and I am down 1.2 kilos for the week.. which is great. I had pasta last night which I just wasn't able to stop with. I had even set up to have zucchini ribbons with the sauce instead of the pasta.. but I thought I would have just a few bits of pasta.. which ended up being 2 bowls full bugger it.. I have been very good with avoiding my trigger foods.. so I am not beating myself up for one slip... I ended up sleeping very badly last night as well.. but back on track today!

I hope everyone else is well.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:14 AM   #20  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, all!

Ellen, so glad you got those pounds back off!

Marianna, you, too!

On Saturday, I gained six pounds. Count 'em. Six. I've dropped four this morning, but I'm not pleased with myself.
I know why I gained. DH told me about a medically supervised weight-loss program here, and offered to pay for it. Some of the costs will be covered by health care and insurance. I can't wait to start!
I have my first appointment near the end of the month. I'll have appointments with a doctor, a nutritionist, and a personal trainer.
Anyhow, naturally I thought, "May as well eat hearty now! No point in losing weight before I start!" duh

So, I'm back on track today. I sent the rest of the biscotti to work with DH (one of my many indiscretions), dumped the remainder of the chips in the garbage, and I'm OFF TO THE RACES!!

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 01-09-2006, 10:41 AM   #21  

Hi Ladies!

Great job Marianna and Ellis!!

I had no incentives and I still ate horribly this weekend. Saturday was not bad at all I think I had 1250 cal but yesterday I really just pigged out. But I am back on track today!! I even got up early and exercised. So all I have to is stay op today. keep your fingers crossed. Feeling good today so I know I can do it!!
Old 01-09-2006, 05:34 PM   #22  

Upswife... You can do it - I am keeping all of my apendages crossed for you

Ellis.. biscotti hey??? I can see the temptation but great that you were able to pull it back and throw out the crappy stuff.. I hope that the new program is great.

I came here to confess I had a massive binge last night.. but on fruit! I know that sounds odd - but I just ate way too much and even though it wasn't *bad* food as such - it was all I had in the house.... grrrrr. The thing that made me the most angry was that it was over my daughter (3.5y) and her eating dinner - or not. For some reason I became totally irrational because she wouldn't eat her vegies - despite the fact that she eats loads of fruit... I swore I wouldn't make meals a battleground and force my child into eating - but there I was last night.. going mental about a forkfull of peas I have no idea what possessed me - she eats well, a balanced array of food, but I just couldn't help myself... blech.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:58 AM   #23  

Marianna~don't beat yourself up. I think that as a parent we sometimes go overboard. Also, it is what we are used to. I alwasy had to claer my plate, so now my kids do too. Although I hardly ever have to tell them to finish. but they do go in phases, for a long time my son would leave the meat, but eat the veggies, and now he eats the meat and tries to leave the veggies. And then there are some days when he eats it all and I don't have to worry about it.

My point (since I started rambling) don't worry about it as long as you are stressing good eating. Which you said you are. ((hugs)) don't get stressed, she will turn around and surprise you.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:23 PM   #24  

Marianna, big hugs from me, too.
I can so relate to the kids thing. I remember having days when I'd yell at them and bang on the table. Or cry. I don't know what the solution is, although my 16 year old daughter is now VERY polite about my meals, and my 9 year old son is getting better.
Hang in there, hon...

Ellen, are you OP today, girl?
Old 01-10-2006, 05:35 PM   #25  

Thanks for the support - I feel all teary

I hope you both have great positive days today
Old 01-10-2006, 09:30 PM   #26  

I didn't do too badly today~but I did hit the higher calorie amount, but I am ok with that. I figure with the extra kids (and stress) as long as I don't completely pig out and keep up withthe exercise. I will at least stay the same. I know my siggy has a v-day goal, but I was not sure how I was going to handle the extra kids. I did get in 64oz of water, and I am thirsty, so I am shooting to get in another 16-32oz b4 bed. That should keep me ahead of the game.

I got to go to work this afternoon, but there were no patients, so I filed for an hour then left. DH has been so very supportive with all the extra stress, so he said I sould go shopping. I went to the mall and just cruised around for about an hour and a half. I only really found one shirt that lookd good so, I bought it. DH really likes it! Well, I have to run to bed Gotta get up early tomorrow to exercise.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:40 AM   #27  

Glad to hear you had a good shopping experience.. I dread shopping....

Today was fairly good, I got a sleep in and my husband took my daughter out to the uni kindy... I went out to uni and had lunch with a friend and then saw a student adviser about the direction I am taking with my studies.. I found it incredibly helpful.. which was great - I was expecting to get a bit of a wrap on the knuckles for doing so little and changing direction lately. But she was incredibly complimentary about being a mamma and studying. Made me feel good. It also reminded me of the reason why I am there and also what a privilege it is to be able to go to university.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:25 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hope you don't mind if I re-join this group. I have not been diagnosed as a compulsive eater but do have all the symptoms and need to get a grip on things.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:34 AM   #29  

Ceejay, of course you can join us again! Welcome back, hon.

Marianna, so glad you got some positive reenforcement. It's so important, isn't it?

Ellen, glad you had a good time shopping!

I'm terribly thirsty lately... I think it must be a result of the cold weather and being inside with the furnace running. I'm really dry.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:25 AM   #30  

Ceejay.. welcome back to the forum
Closed Thread