Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 11:59 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Thumbs up January Exercise Challenge!!

It's almost 2006, ladies! I'm starting this thread early in order to rev you up.

Let's make our plans, and get on track for the new year!

Get out your exercise pants and running shoes, and let's make this the best year ever!!

BTW, has anyone heard from Melissa?
Old 12-30-2005, 12:00 PM   #2  

I'll start...

January
1 -
2 -
3 - 20 minutes on treadmill, including 10 minute straight run
4 -
5 - 20 minutes on treadmill, including 10 minute straight run
Old 01-01-2006, 05:14 AM   #3  
Hanging in Texas

Okay, I'm in. I have set up some resolutions (nothing strenuous) and the main one is to resolve to move for at least 30 minutes a day (and then work up from there). So that is my challenge to start with in Jan. When I wake up I plan on eating some fruit and drinking my water and then putting my new sneakers to good use on the treadmill! Woo hoo Go Me!!
Old 01-01-2006, 05:18 AM   #4  
Hanging in Texas

P.S. Ellis you say you're a runner...how did you start? Did you just start walking and then work up from there? I ask these questions, not to be nosy, but I would like to become a runner but I always hated doing it in gym class when we had to do it (I've gotten over that mentality, I just have to figure out how to go about doing it again). When I try to start at a jog after walking for a week I get tired so fast that it doesn't seem like its worth it. Any comments would be appreciated. TIA
Old 01-01-2006, 05:26 AM   #5  

I am new to this website and I am hoping to find some much needed support. I am sitting here thinking that I really want to make a difference in my weight but what is the difference between this time and any other time I have said this same thing? Got anything to offer? I would like to say that for January I am going to commit to breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 scheduled snacks. I have a big problem of not eating until it is too late and I end up stuffing more than I should in a short amount of time. I think that with this I could regulate the need for stuffing. January goal also would include movement of at least 20 minutes a day. (walking, dancing, bike) I would also like to investigate new recipes.

Last edited by TinaM; 01-01-2006 at 05:43 AM.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:27 AM   #6  

I'd like to join! 66lbs to get rid of in 2006 and my plans are to eat more fruit and veggies, dump my 3-a-day Dr.Pepper habit (that is soooo hard!) and MOVE!!

Last edited by mauri68; 01-01-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:37 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!

Good Luck Ladies
Old 01-01-2006, 11:31 AM   #8  

Happy 2006, and welcome to all newbies!! I hope the sweat-bug bites all of you this year and you will discover, as this former couch potato did, the joy of movement! I hated all organized exercise, from the time of my first gym class in school! But now I can't begin my day without it.

Well, to close out December, I did 25 minutes of cardio dance, 28 minutes of toning and a 13 stretch routine. Total 66 minutes, bringing the December total to 1556 minutes! We'll see if I can break past that in January.

This morning I did 35 minutes of step and 10 minutes of kickbox/toning. Total = 45 minutes.

Now, it's forward into '06!
Old 01-01-2006, 11:53 AM   #9  

Red face

Hi everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am happy to say that this the first year in a long time (maybe ever!) that I actually am weighing in less than I did last year at this time. AND I WANT TO KEEP IT GOING!

I found out this morning that my brother and his girlfriend got engaged and I want to be thinner!

I also have my nursing pinning ceramony to look forward to and I want to look and feel great.

I bought a step counter the other day and cant wait to start using it and get back on track after the holidays.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Sylvia

Valentines Goal

Old 01-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #10  
I can do this, I have to!

S/C/G: 220/211/120

Hi I want to join to, honestly when I make the decision to eat better I have no problem with that. MY problem is the moving part, making myself get up and do something is so hard, so with that in mind, here is my goal: at least 4x a week I have to do some sort of semi-intense movement. I have WATP tapes, belly dancing tapes, a bike, feet and kids who would love to move with mommy. What I don't have is excuses anymore!! Thanks guys!
Old 01-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #11  

My friends and I have a contest going on. All of us bought the step counters and whoever "took the most steps" by V-day will get the pot of $15 (we each put $5 each.

Just a little incentive.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:16 PM   #12  

Gee, it's the first, eh? Guess I'd better get on the treadmill.

Welcome to all the new people! It's great to have you here.

And welcome back all you "old people". It's going to be a great year for all of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamintx
P.S. Ellis you say you're a runner...how did you start? Did you just start walking and then work up from there? I ask these questions, not to be nosy, but I would like to become a runner but I always hated doing it in gym class when we had to do it (I've gotten over that mentality, I just have to figure out how to go about doing it again). When I try to start at a jog after walking for a week I get tired so fast that it doesn't seem like its worth it. Any comments would be appreciated. TIA
Pam, you ask anything you like here, hon.
I actually started running at the age of 14, and ran for 10 years. By then, I was married with our first child, and was no longer "putting myself first". Over the years, I've stopped and started running a ton of times, but I'm determined to "be a runner" again.
I would suggest a run/walk program to start with. I use one from a Prevention magazine I bought last year. I can't find it at the moment, but it's something to the effect of, "Walk 2 minutes, run for 30 seconds, walk for 2, etc for a total of 20 minutes".
I'll look for the article, and will let you know the specifics if you're interested.
Right now I HATE exercising, but knowing I only have to get on the treadmill for 20 minutes makes it a little easier.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:26 AM   #13  
Hanging in Texas

1st down-walked the dog for 25 min and it wasn't a "hurry-up and do your business" walk like normal

Thanks Ellis, I appreciate your help. I subscribe to Prevention so if you can just tell me the month, I should be able to find it and read the article, I'll hunt for it on my end also. It sounds like something I could do....20 minutes won't kill me.

I have been responsible for my eating actions also...haven't had a Dr. Pepper all day, but I did bring one with me for lunch tonight, but it would be my first one of the day, and I have already drank 40.5 oz water since I woke up at 3. I work the night shift so my schedule is crazy.

Here's to everyone having a great start for the New Year
Old 01-02-2006, 11:20 AM   #14  

Good morning to all! I hope you are enjoying a last day off before going back into the routine of work/school stuff. I love the holidays, but I'm glad to have my life back! Did you take down your decorations? We got the last of ours down and put away yesterday. So I have my whole exercise area back!

This morning I did 60 minutes of cardio dance.
January 1 -- 45 minutes
January 2 -- 60 minutes

Have a good one!
Old 01-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #15  

I did a 30 minute walk with my girl this morning.. we had lots of fun
Closed Thread