Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 10:03 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Christy and Jennelle I hope school is getting off to a great start for you both!!!

Skippy!! Good Morning Lady!! Have a wonderful wonderful day!!!

Chris How you doin pretty lady? Hows work been treating you?

Tracy I hope you got some more sleep in!! I love sleeping in as well, but usually my kids are up at the butt crack of dawn so I of course have to get up with them.

Vanessa OOOOhhhhh Scandal!!!! Please do tell us how you confronted him/her Man I am such a catty woman lol. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Ok girls I'm off to start the day!
Love to you all!!
Michelle
Old 09-02-2004, 05:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi everyone.

The week end is creeping upon me. I think I'm beginning to get a little nervous concerning the surgery. Deep breath--everything is taken care of. I do need to call the Nurse about something though.

I decided to do something different today. Drove out to the mighty Mississippi
river. There were some barges on the river today. The farmers are getting into the fields now to harvest.

Stopped by the doctor's office on the way home from work to check on the lab results. He didn't raise the levoxyl like I was hoping but he did tell me my potassium was on the low side. I've been taking an over the counter potassium since I started taking the fluid pill daily so I'm going to have to up it for a little while and eat a banana and baked potato per day.

Going to on my e-mail. Have a nice day. :smile:
Old 09-02-2004, 08:41 PM   #18  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hello - I'm here...I'm alive...eating....not making the best choices, but eating anyway I have about 10,000 papers to grade, so I'm not going to stay long. More later.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:13 PM   #19  
Searching

I owe ya'll a nice chatty post tommorow. Tonight after work and therapy and grocery shopping and picking up the house I am burnt toast. Scrap me off and have me for stuffing

Chris
Old 09-02-2004, 11:59 PM   #20  
Kitchen Floor

Hello everyone. School started this week, and I haven't really had much time (plus my husband has been hogging the internet).
I don't remember if I answered some questions from last week or not so... I am going to school to be an RN and I have two kitties one is this unique mottled white and the other is orange (and a girl.. which is sort of strange). And I don't know what else people asked so you can ask again and I will try to answer within a fortnight.
I love you all... and I must go do homework.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:54 AM   #21  

Hey girls!!!! Normally I wouldn't be posting this earlier, but I sorta called in "sick" That's right, I decided to take a 5 day weekend!! The only that sucked was that I had to get up at 4am to call off!!! LOL Oh well, it's 9am and I feel that I've slept all day. I have nothing planned except therapy at 4pm and alot of tv watching.
Tracy-Hey, how's it going? Usually I have curly hair but on some days I straighten it just to remind me of my good ole days of having straight hair..My perm that I got last year in May will not go away!! LOL
Michelle-Faking drug screens is an everyday thing at the clinic!!! The last person who faked one on me.. I grilled him until he started crying. LOL Not that I'm mean or anything But I gave this patient a very OBSERVED drug screen and told her I would discuss it with her next session....because it was time for lunch!! LOL
Ceejay-Hang in there and don't worry about your surgery!! Do you live in Mississippi?
Linoleum-Hey, glad your doing ok! Excellent field to be studying in! Around here, RN's are scarce and make very good money.
Chris-Glad your doing ok! I cracked up when I read your last sentence... But what kind of toast are you? Wheat,rye,etc..? LOL
Hey to Jennelle, Kat, Christy, oh gosh, anyone else???
I'll keep you updated on my glorious weekend, have a great Friday girls!!
Love
vanessa
Old 09-03-2004, 09:44 AM   #22  
Searching

Smile Small Triumph is a gift from my HP

Yesterday I ate off my food plan. The food was set out in the control room and I knew I was in dangerous territory. It was almost time for my snack, so I ate. Not to excess there are people in there, though I could have eaten all of it and hated myself afterwards I had a normal portion and left. But part of me was still seeking out food, food outside my food plan. Fortunately the next 2 places I visited had none then I went to my afternoon meeting. In the breakroom there was a banquet set out and my hand began to reach for the food. The small voice of sanity said,"Stop or you will eat until you find yourself on the bathroom floor with a little more of your spirit dimished." And I did stop before I took any, and I did go in the bathroom, but I went to have the privacy to pray. To speak my truths to the God of my understanding and ask for His power because I have none. Today I go gently, adhering to my food plan feels very important to me today. Also to find the surrender to the day.

My first suprise my DH is off till Tuesday. This was to be my day, so I have some anger. This I will pray about, he is here for a reason. ODAT.

Vanessa- Good for you girlie. So what are you going to do? How are you going to nurture Vanessa the next 5 days? (I don't eat toast, what's good for stuffing? )

Linoleum- I originally went to school for nursing and got my BS in Chemistry. So if you need help with your chemistry homework let me know Check in when you can you know your in our thoughts

CJ- Any corn barges out there coming up from Memphis? Is it out where we went. It was beautiful. Arkansas is beautiful in it's own way. Doctors I have 2 appointments next week on Thursday. Oil change, med check, and therapy

Michelle- How is your new family member adjusting? And how is your heart?

Skippy, Jenelle, Kat,and Christy- Holiday weekend, whats the plan? And maybe we should all talk about this; What is our plan for food, nurturing our spirits, and keep stress (emotions) at check? We take it ODAT but we have tools for everday.

I will call my sponsor this weekend.
I will report a food plan, even the generals around BBQ's.(NO CHIPS! NO ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!)
I will make 2-3 service phonecalls.
I will attend 2 meetings.
I will not use negative words to describe myself or others.

Gratitude List:
1. God is out there for me today.
2. Its Friday and I am off.
3. My house is relatively clean.
4. I have people who love me.
5. I have a new boss.

Chris
Old 09-03-2004, 12:11 PM   #23  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi sweeties, DS is napping, but when he wakes up, we're going to a bookstore to look around. I need to find something to use for curriculum with the preschool Sunday School - I've been asked to be the Nursery Coordinator for our church, and while holding a class isn't required, I'd like to try being organized for once. And I'll be educating my own children, since they're in that age group.

The more I serve, the kinder I am to myself.

Gratitude List:

My church
My children
My HP and my all
Mangoes
My workout tape goddess who always inspires me to move.

My resolutions for today:
Just for today, I will not grumble about DH, even when he....ahem. Sorry.
To be kind to myself.
To clean something.

Take care, ya'll.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:26 PM   #24  

Default Let's see...

Do I remember how to do a chatty post? LOL

Here's my story. This week has been super busy! Started the second class in my master's program on Tuesday and I'm already frustrated with it. It's not turning out to be the program they were hawking at us and I'm torn as to whether or not I'll stick it out. I hate to quit anything, but I'm afraid I'm going to end with a completely useless degree! Grrr....

Yes, I'm still gushing over my class! But I'm also coming to grips with the fact that, on the whole, they are a "high maintenance" group. Very sweet children, no behavior/attitude problems, or anything like that. But I'm moving around constantly standing beside this one so he'll focus on the lesson, taking a pair of scissors from that one because she's cutting the hair on her arm instead of working on her math(!), making another one put all four chair legs on the floor so he doesn't tip over and crash, confiscating a pencil sharpener because it's being used to sharpen crayons and make a very attractive pile of colorful shavings...again, etc. That probably makes them sound like they're just completely off the hook! They aren't; they're just very active, I guess you would say. But, I honestly enjoy them. I haven't dreaded going in at all so far and we are getting so much work done. However I must admit, that if I wasn't medicated right now I'm sure I would be much more tense and uptight about it. So my big gratitude right now is for Welbutrin! LOL

Chris -- I'm so glad you had a day off! What did you end up doing for youself today? I can relate to your feelings about DH being home. The last time I took a personal day, mine said "so what're we going to do?". I said "no, no, no! Me! Not we!" I never seem to have enough alone time. (Except for that blissful hour I steal when I get up at 5:00 am)

Tracey -- So what did you clean? Great going on getting organized for the Sunday School kids like that! How are things on the potty front now? I remember those days, but don't miss them a bit!

ceejay -- I'm sure your surgery will go just fine! That doesn't really help with your nerves though, does it? Sending prayers for calm and peace of mind for you as the day draws nearer. What kind of relaxing recuperation plans have you made?

Vanessa -- Love your pic! Aren't you a cute one?! It sounds like you handled the faked drug screen well. I couldn't be in your line of work! Kudos to you, girl!

Michelle -- I saw the picture of your sweetie. How cute is he?! What's his name and what kind is he? (Or was it she?) Sorry if I missed where you told all of that!

Jennelle -- Waving at you from behind a stack of ungraded papers myself! I can't get a minute to check any at school yet. (And the sad part is that I don't know if I ever will.)

linoleum -- RN school...wow, I'm impressed. My mom was a nurse before her stroke and I really admire anyone who can do that job. It's a tough one and usually goes unappreciated, too. Best of luck to you!

Hello to skippy and Kat and anyone I inadvertently overlooked!

No big plans for the long weekend here. Shopping with my sister (without my DDs -- WooHoo!)...cookout with just my peeps here...a little scrapbooking...a little school work... I'm looking forward to it!

I'll check in later to see what y'all are going to be up to!

Love ya,
Christy
Old 09-03-2004, 10:02 PM   #25  

Wow I have 3 day's off!!!!!

Came home today and started on the yard. I do love my new riding lawn mower. I still have to use the push mower but not as much.

The 54 hours over time pay did come in handy--It was pay day today.

Vanessa--I live in Arkansas but the town I live in is on the banks of the Mississippi river.

Chris--Yep, it was where I took you. There was one barge coming and one going but I have no idea what there destination was or what it was carrying. It's just relaxing to go out there sometimes. You haven't seen the pretty side of Arkansas yet.
I admire you concerning your food issues.

Linoleum--RN's are in high demand. My sister is an RN. She was complaining about people not wanting to work.

Christy--Do you have time or do you get to sit down during the day while in the class room? Our teachers here do not get to sit down while in the class room..

I watched a video last night of one of the things the podiatrist is going to do to me.
It was interesting. The patient was awake through the whole thing. But the doc told me since I was having a 2 for 1 so to speak I would be put to sleep.

I just heard this anonouncement--President Clinton will probably have open heart surgery.

I'm rambling now so I'll go do somehing else.

Hi to everyone
Old 09-03-2004, 10:24 PM   #26  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hi all...went to a high school football game in the district where I teach...left at halftime after I watched the band because we were already losing 32-0. My eating has been out of control the past two days. Actually, the past day and a half. I was really restricting for a few days and of course, it blew up in my face like it always does and I've been eating non-stop since I got home from school yesterday. Sheesh. When will I ever learn that I DO CRAZY **** WITH FOOD!

I have a topic I'd like to post, but I'm still mulling it over in my head. Maybe in a few days. Tomorrow, it's off to an Ole Miss football game. I have Monday off, but I also have a good load of papers left to grade AND my National Board stuff starts full-swing next Thursday.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:46 AM   #27  
Searching

Default Morning Everyone!

Yesterday turned out pretty well, they do if you give them over to God I had a good workout and I have been able to stay within my 60-70 min time frames though I will honestly admit to wanting more. Slight improvement on my 1 mile at 13:11 (I do a full 1/2 hour, I play race with myself and see how fast I can do a mile, its silly but it makes the treadmill more bearable to me).

Friday night meeting and dinner with the girls was awesome. I did have some ice cream last night after DH and I went to the video store. Nothing harmful, but I am really powerless over it and I will admit to wanting to put it into my food plan for the weekend. You know some solid rationalization going on over here, "It's a holiday" "When you plan for it, its okay". Yeah, yeah and will I be able to stop a serving, can a hold off the want to binge and purge cycle on the stuff? My willpower sucks I have to live off God power, and I don't really see where ice cream is a loving food choice from God for me. I know why I want it. DH stresses me out. Last night his nag thing in the car, and I am like "lets get some ice cream, keep me to a single cone would you love."

I will try to get a minute with my FP sponsor to talk about it this morning.

Jenelle- Spill we are all here for you. Crazy **** with food? Well YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

CJ- I bet that extra money is coming to some use. Will you get paid while your off for surgery?

Christy- So what was the diappointment with the grad program? Enjoy your shopping, we want pics of everything you bought LOVE THE CHATTY POST!!!!!!!!!

Tracy- "You Are Special" by Max Lucado excellent for the Sunday School crowd. Iread it to my ladies out loud at dinner last night. We are special daughters of God!

Hopefully I will get to come back today. I promised DH some extra TLC this weekend. Wish me luck. To all of us Skippy, Kat, Linoleum, Michelle, Sandi, and all the Lurkers :groupgug:

Chris
Old 09-04-2004, 08:01 AM   #28  

Good morning all!

ceejay -- I get so tickled at your love for your lawn mower. Would you believe I have never mowed the yard in my life?! And I'm a country girl. Daddy wouldn't let us when we were at home and yard work isn't part of my "division of labor" plan with DH. At my school we have an 80-20 rule. We have to be up 80% of the day and may do up to (but not more than) 20% sitting if we are grading papers, remediating students, etc. Nobody really is able to sit that much, but I do miss being able to catch 5-10 minutes here and there to grade or do paperwork while the children work on something independently! Of course, it isn't the being *up* that is draining, it's the being up and being "on" nonstop that wears you down by the end of the day.

Jennelle -- Have fun at the ball game! I want to hear all about the national certification process when you get started.

Chris -- Your evening sounds like fun. I love Max Lucado's books. I have one I used to read to my girls a lot when they were younger, but the name escapes me right now. It always made me cry! Okay, the grad program is turning into a let's-give-these-teachers-a-real-degree-in-higher-math, instead of here's-a-methods-master's-degree-you-can-use-to-help-other-math-teachers-and-students-in-your-district. That would be fine if they had told us that up front. Then I would have known to avoid it! LOL As it is now there is really no point in me having an intensive understanding of the historical background of the Pythagorean theory or concepts of infinity. Maybe if I wanted to teach higher level math, but no one in the program is certified for that. We are all teachers of children in preschool through eighth grade! And what really perturbs me is that we were the group they recruited for this cohort so it isn't like they were expecting high school teachers or anything. Oh well...now you know more than you ever wanted to know. Sorry!

Gotta run,
Christy
Old 09-04-2004, 08:16 AM   #29  

Hey girls! The weekend is here and it's the last official weekend of the summer! Where has it gone?? My first day off went well, did nothing until noon then I went back home to visit my parents, do some laundry(My mom loves to do it!), saw my niece, went to therapy, and came back to my place. My therapist noticed a big difference with the Prozac..She said I was more "sassy". If she only knew the rest of me! Today I am going to a Marshall football game(Go Herd!) and possibly go out to eat.
Chris-Your kicking butt on the treadmill!! I don't know what to tell you on the ice cream situation, I can't eat it! But you can always allow yourself a treat if you eat well throughout the day.. But do what you feel is best and within your area of control. Just remember to not let food control how you feel.
Christy-Awww...thank you for your kind words.. You made me blush! I take it your in grad school for teaching?? That's a job I could never do, mucho kudos to you!!!
Ceejay-What are you plans??? How's the weather in AK?
Jennelle-Please spill it! I'm intrigued on your topic. Whenever I restrict myself too much, I tend to be really busy.. Big sign for me to take time and CARE for myself.
Tracy-Are mangoes any good? I've never had one!!!! Kudos for you for being involved in church!!
Hey to skippy, linoleum, kat,Michelle, Sandi...How are you guys?
My plan for food this weekend:
1.Eat
2.Try to eat something out of my boundaries
3.Not going to let food control my feelings
Well ladies, I hope everyone's saturday is great and safe. I'll be thinking about all of you!!
Love
Vanessa
Old 09-04-2004, 12:21 PM   #30  

okay ladies. do not want to seem harsh here but the abbreviation for Arkansas is AR not AK. AK is Alaska. Just thought you wanted to know.

My plans for the week end. hummmmm--today is going to be cleaning and laundry day and packing for my long stay at my uncles.

Sister is coming on Sunday so I don't want to be involved in cleaning.

This is about it for me today.

Chris--Yes I' ll be paid for up to 6 weeks. I'm not expecting to be off the whole 8 weeks. There is a possibilty of me going back to work in 3 weeks, with limitations. And I think Tim would agree to that. Espicially with 3 operators out of commission.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-04-2004 at 12:24 PM.
Closed Thread