Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 09:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Christy--I also have been around the "self hatred" block. Prayers will be sent in your behalf.

Chris--rode 3.4 miles last night in 30 minutes. It felt good to get back into the routine.
I noticed the sunrise this morning also. The sun was a huge big red ball. The prettiest sunrise I've seen this year was when we were camping on the mountain.

Vanessa-- hope things work out for the best. It's suppose to rain here as well tonight.

Hi to all the rest. As for me not much happening except work and I'm very grateful to have this job.

I have been considering my abstinent plan. It will be very simple--not to eat anything heavy after 8 p.m.

Everyone have a good day.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:02 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies!!!

Very busy day today and my inlaws are due to arrive on thursday and hubby has his vasectomy on Friday and we start remodeling on Saturday what a crazy week I have coming up so you might not hear from me much.

I just love coming here and reading what you are all thankful for everyday it reminds me of stuff to remember to be thankful for things that I would normally take for granted.

Sandi Definately ODAT is the way to go!! We're here for you anytime!!

Chris not too much new crazy night at work (I work like 12 hours a week) I went to Home depot and picked out a new dryer, new vinyl flooring for my kitchen and dining room, picked out colors for my bedroom and my daughter's bedroom, picked out 3 new ceiling fans, brick for our new patio, and a new jacuzzi tub! Woo hoo I'm so excited for the tub especially!! Whats new with you? How was your day? Did you smile today? Please say you did!! Hugs to you!!

Jennelle How's things with you girly? I'm thinking of you!!

Vanessa Let us know how you are feeling with the prozac. Don't you love devine intervention, I believe god has intervened in my life often when I've gone down the wrong path he always picks me up and puts me on the right one I'm thankful for faith!! Enjoy the thunderstorm

Kat Enjoy your 3 weeks off!! Put your feet up and relax!! Any big plans?

Linoleum How are you today?

Tracy I'm so glad that things are better on the homefront for you!! Keep your head up girl!!

CeeJay Have a great day girly!!

Ok girls its late and time for bed!!
TTYL
Love
Michelle
Old 08-11-2004, 05:09 AM   #18  
Searching

Default Abstinent just for today

I scooted in on the last half of the Tuesday night meeting. When asked how I was the answer was ,"Abstinent for today". Thats so true. Today is all we got, and my day should be a doozie. At 0500 I am going to hit the gym with my Big Book, 20 min of cardio should be enough time to finish my last reading for my sponsor. At 1000 I meet with her, at 1300 I go to the Dr. (I am on Prozac too Vanessa but I just upped to 80 mg on my own, so we'll see if my Dr. is cool with that or wants to change meds. I love the Prozac. Since I have been on Prozac I have not sat in front of the refridgerator with a spoon. Thats a blessing! ) And at 1600 I have therapy, the question is take DH? or screw him. Then meeting tonight at 1930 Bust day!!!!!!!

Michelle- Jacuzzi tub? Let us know when you get it in and we'll come visit! Of course I smiled yesterday, I was having the exact day I was suppose to have. Thanks HP!

CJ- Glad you enjoyed your bike ride, I too am grateful for my job!

Jenelle- Right on girl! I went grocery shopping last night. I FORGOT Coffee!!!!!!! So no stress about the beginning of the school year? Christy how about you girlie?

Linoleum- What's up?

Vanessa- We all have a plan! I hope the Prozac works for you.

Sandi- How was yesterday?

I hope I didn't forget anyone. Either way I love ya'll!
Chris
Old 08-11-2004, 07:40 AM   #19  

I am so bad at posting back to everyone when the thread gets busy! I'll have to try that later as this is a drive by!

Yesterday I got my classroom looking amazing, if I do say so myself! There were some dramatic moments with my 10 yo DD, but that's the nature of that beast right now. Today my sister is coming over for our last scrapbooking day of the summer. It will be fun, but first we have to survive getting mom to the dr. and back again.

Today I am thankful for...
1. My dramatic DD is a great kid even when doing the drama thing.
2. My youngest DD is so full of life and energy.
3. My husband.
4. A fresh new day full of hope and promise.
5. Sleeping with the windows open and a cool breeze blowing through.

Sorry to be in such a rush! More later...

Thinking of y'all,
Christy
Old 08-11-2004, 10:54 AM   #20  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Yesterday I did some binging.

Today has been full of decisions. Breakfast was back and forth all morning until I made a healthy choice. It's 9:30 and I was just about to have a binge (which for me is eating not on plan or when I am not hungry - just emotional) and I stopped in here. You asked how I was? How am I? Just about to have a binge actually. So I stopped and grabbed a diet ice tea.

One decision at a time.

Thanks for being there...
Old 08-11-2004, 10:56 AM   #21  

Chris get your butt over here!! You can use my jacuzzi tub any time you want!!

Christy so glad you got your class room spruced up!! Got any pictures?

Today I'm grateful for:

1. Life
2. Love
3. Happiness
4. Blue skies
5. My family
Old 08-11-2004, 10:59 AM   #22  

Sandi hugs to you my dear!! Hang in there, I hate that emotional eating, ugghhh just hate it!! I always "feel" hungry when I'm stressed out etc....and somedays its like I can't even stop my hand from reaching for that cookie or cake or 10 lb fatty steak (lol that is an exaggeration) But I know where you are coming from I find that on days that I am really busy food doesnt consume my thoughts or my hands for that matter lol. Hang in there we're here for you!!
Old 08-11-2004, 03:01 PM   #23  

Smile

Hi, I'm back!

I needed some time to gather my thoughts and self together regarding my eating and feeling like a failure, and very mad at myself over it. I seem to be on a good track (for now anyway) of taking things one day at a time, and being more patient with myself. I totally got out of control over my Birthday, but I got it back together a few days afterwards, lost it again this weekend with my Mom's Birthday (cake, chinese food, pizza....etc) but....and this is what I am happy about, I seem to be getting stronger in not letting it take me weeks or even months to bounce back, but rather it is starting to be more only a few days to bounce back, and that is an improvement for me, a big improvement actually. So.....here I am, and trying to hang in there and feeling pretty good about it , presently anyway,lol....

I've missed exchanging replies with you all and hope you all are doing great!!

Love, skippy oxo

p.s. Did I ever tell you, that I found this place by reading a Diet & Exercise magazine, and in it, it had the website for here, so that is how I found you guys, and....the other day, I was reading that magazine again, and saw that same page, and I thought to myself, it's time to get back there regularly again. ........Much love!

Last edited by skippy257; 08-11-2004 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:19 PM   #24  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Sandi - for the loving choice you made to come here instead of eat.

Chris - You FORGOT the coffee?! That's a death-penalty offense in my household!

Christy - Glad you could stop by, if just for a bit. The beginning of a new school year is always fun!

I got "the box" in the mail today....it's my box full of materials for my National Board certification. I need to open it tonight. Exciting, but scary - it means now I'm committed! (Or should that be, "I should be committed..." )

My gratitude list for today:
(1) I am grateful for students who make me laugh.
(2) I am grateful that God is supplying me with more and more patience every day.
(3) I am grateful that HP told me not to buy anything to eat at Sonic on the way home from work.
(4) I am grateful to daughter for making tonight's dinner.
(5) I am grateful for the Internet, because without it I wouldn't have y'all!
Old 08-11-2004, 06:35 PM   #25  

Default Not doing so hot

Work day was fine but came home to a depressed husband - not always easy to deal with that.

I'm just worn out.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:40 PM   #26  

Back again...after a neverending day from ****! I would like nothing more than to crawl under a rock and pretend this day never happened. But since I can't, I'll come here and catch up with you guys instead.

Michelle -- Congrats on the jacuzzi tub! We have one of those in our master bath and it is a little slice of heaven. Hmmm...maybe I'll head there next! No pics of the classroom right now, but I was thinking it looks so good I should take some! LOL

Jennelle -- "The Box" has arrived, huh? I can't wait for updates on how it's going for you. Were there lots o' goodies in it?

Vanessa -- I was always a Garfield fan myself. He's usually good for a laugh, isn't he?

Sandi -- I'm glad you've come back to join us! It's tough, I know I've done some really dumb things with food today myself.

Chris -- How has your busy, busy day gone? Check in soon!

Skippy -- Glad you're back, too!

Kat -- It makes me sad that you and DH are going such a hard time right now. Grieving is an excruciating process and there's really nothing anyone can do to make it easier, is there? Hugs to you both!

ceejay -- I don't think I recall what kind of work you do. Whatever it is, it's good that you enjoy it so much! That makes things much nicer!

Well, I'm pooped. I'm going to go and run me a big bubble bath and hide from the telephone for awhile. I hope you all have a restful night!

Later,
Christy
Old 08-11-2004, 09:35 PM   #27  

Hey guys!! I hope everyone's day went well. Mine went decent, nothing too extreme nor any major issues to handle. I've came to the terms that I accept what has happened in my past, and I accept who I am today. Nonetheless, I don't regret what I've went through and I wouldn't change it... Destiny plays a strange role sometimes, and who knows where I would be if it didn't happen.
Michelle-Thanks for the kind words! Life is like a road map, we travel through many routes and roads, but they all lead to our destination!!
Chris-So far, so good! I did feel a little "different" today, my mood def. was better.. Maybe it was me , but it was my first dose I took. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to it!
Christy-Garfield is awesome!!! Total avid collector and ebayaholic! I find that I relate to Garfield in so many different ways.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:16 PM   #28  
Searching

I am tired. This was an emotionally draining day, my arms are sore from my UBWO, and I have this place in my heart that just wants, if that makes sense? Dr. wants to change up my meds, it seems like more sedatives to me. I hate change so I am feeling mad and rebellious about it. I don't see how turning me into a zombie is going to help my eating disorder The cool thing was I weighed the same Now I would love to be less than that, but just for today, the same is okay.

Vanessa- Yeah I really believe God has a plan for me, and this life and all its pain is exactly what it is suppose to be. Watch out for sleeping. My first few weeks on Prozac my dreams were so loud I had to sleep with the TV on to drown them out.

Christy- So what was so bad about today? And sweet dreams to you too.

Kat- Take care of yourself girl. Go gently.

Jenelle- I wonder about that "Should be committed thing all the time" Go on and do it girl! Your going to be AWESOME!!!!!!!

Skippy- Welcome back, and honey no matter where you are at today we are ready to take you just as you are.

Michelle- How are you doing pretty girl? That SAHM thing, my hat is off. I want to kill my son today!

Sandi- Sometimes we have to celebrate our minutes of abstinence. Your doing awesome. I am so glad you are coming here.

CJ, Linoleum, and the rest-

I think I will kiss the sky and scoot to bed. Thank ya'll. I am so grateful for you in my life!

Chris
Old 08-12-2004, 05:29 AM   #29  
Searching

Default Our girl Alanis- One way to wake up

THANK U

by

Alanis Morrisette

how 'bout getting off of these antibiotics

how 'bout stopping eating when i'm full up

how 'bout them transparent dangling carrots

how 'bout that ever elusive kudo

thank you india

thank you terror

thank you disillusionment

thank you frailty

thank you consequence

thank you silence

how 'bout me not blaming you for everything

how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once

how 'bout how good it feels to finally forgive you

how 'bout grieving it all at one time

thank you india

thank you terror

thank you frailty

thank you consequence

thank you thank you silence

the moment I let go of it was the moment

I got more than I could handle

the moment I jumped off of it

was the moment I touched down

how 'bout no longer being masochistic

how 'bout remembering your divinity

how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out

how 'bout not equating death with stopping

thank you india

thank you providence

thank you nothingness

thank you clarity

thank you thank you silence
Old 08-12-2004, 08:43 AM   #30  

Mornin'!

Vanessa -- Glad you're doing better. I haven't had enough doses of my med to say that yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

Chris -- Good going on your maintain! I hope your med issues are resolved quickly and painlessly.

Yesterday's short trip to take mom to the dr. turned into an eight hour stress marathon because she sprung a second appointment on us at the last minute and this, of course, was accompanied by the requisite brow beating and nagging. When we finally got her home and settled, she began to call every 10-15 minutes to demand that I tell her I wasn't angry with her. Yeah...it was bad. And I'm looking at the clock here realizing that in about 30 minutes, the phone calls will start again for the day. I'm so tempted to take the darn thing off the hook. I jump like a nervous cat every time it rings. Sigh...

So I used yesterday's ****-fest as an excuse to treat myself very badly. I'm working hard to let that go this morning and truly believe that today is a new and hopeful day full of promise. That I deserve to feel good and happy and that I do indeed have worth just because I am.

Ugh...sorry for the downer! I'll close now with my youngest DD's favorite knock-knock joke.

Knock-knock.

Who's there?

Olive.

Olive who?

Olive you!

I hope each and every one of you great ladies has a terrific day!

Christy
Closed Thread