Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 11:57 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Happy Valentine's Day!/Weekend Thread 14th&15th Feb

Hey! Where the heck IS everyone!?!?

Last edited by rochemist; 02-15-2004 at 04:15 AM. Reason: To include the weekend
Old 02-14-2004, 03:43 PM   #2  

I'm here! I'm here! I checked in earlier today and was surprised there wasn't a post yet.

Had lunch with some friends, Dh and Elijah, and went to an Asian market. Now, time for a nap!
Old 02-14-2004, 05:59 PM   #3  
Searching

I will be back. I need to get ready for work, it was a monster last night I will chack in today!

HAPPY V-DAY!
Miss Chris
Old 02-14-2004, 06:10 PM   #4  

Hi Angi! Too bizarre... I wonder where everyone is. It's Valentine's Day. Could they each be spending the day in bed with their significant other?

I just had a nap, too. I had breakfast out with a friend... had a lovely time. DH is making the kids dinner right now.
Angi, we live in the middle of China Town and Little Italy, and we have the most wonderful stores here. There are a lot of Vietnamese people living here, too, (well, there's a lot of EVERY culture here! I LOVE it!!), and the V. lady next door occasionally brings us over a plate of hot, homemade shrimp rolls. Oh, they're to die for.
I draw the line at buying fresh chicken feet. shudder.

Ah! I think Chris just posted...
You had a rough day at work yesterday? Have a better time tonight, hon.

Hello Kat, Christy, Sarah and Jennelle!

Hugs to all...
Old 02-14-2004, 07:11 PM   #5  

Default I'm here, I'm Here :)

Hi guys!

Well, DH is still sick AND now I am. My work friend was ill all week too, so I guess I was bound to get it. So DH and I are taking it easy for V Day - we're about to watch "Say Anything" and we've been hanging out, playing the Sims. We'll probably watch another romance movie tonight.

I hope everyone is having a Happy Valentine's Day!
Attached Images
File Type: gif Valentine Picture 2.gif (22.9 KB, 28 views)
Old 02-14-2004, 07:16 PM   #6  

Default V Day meditation

February 14 "Inner Harvest"
Hazelden Meditation Series

Today's actions are tomorrow's memories.

This day will not come again. Its opportunities are unique. I have
been given these twenty-four hours to spend working, communicating,
loving, giving, exercising, playing, eating, learning, sleeping,
meditating, enjoying.

How I treat a friend, what kind of support I gave to my family, how
conscientiously I do my job--what I do today will be remembered
tomorrow by the people involved. I will remember, too, and I want my
memories to be good ones.

I am learning to be responsible for my actions. I pray for guidance.
I trust that what I do today will fit into the pattern that is my
life. Even though I can't see the entire design of my life now, I
believe that a pattern exists and that it is unfolding day by day.

May my actions today build good memories for tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Valentine Picture.gif (25.5 KB, 21 views)
Old 02-14-2004, 07:28 PM   #7  

Hanging out in bed with significant other?! Ellis, you have kids, right? We go into the bedroom and close the door and those girls put out an APB for our whereabouts and whatabouts. The things you say...

We had a great dinner this evening. I cooked a fancy meal and we exchanged cards. My DDs helped me get the dining room all festive with candles and pink ribbons and the "good" dishes. They drank their pop out of wine goblets at dinner. It was quite cute! I bought each of the girls three yellow roses and a copy of the book Porcupining. (CUTE story about a porcupine lookin' for love at the petting zoo.) They LOVE flowers. They spent their allowances last week buying little potted flowers for their rooms. They were ecstatic with the roses. It was very cozy.

Ellis -- You're neighborhood sounds great! One of the problems with my "mountain" is that there is virtually no cultural diversity.

Kat -- So sorry you're feeling bad again! I guess you didn't have to plan anything too extravagant for Valentine's Day, huh? I hope you and your hubby get straightened out soon.

Angi -- You seem more relaxed today. A little me time away from the kiddies can be just what the doctor ordered sometimes. Glad you had some yesterday!

Chris -- I hate that you had a tough time at work! (((Hugs))) to you for a better day tonight!

I'm off to cuddle with DH and play some games with the girls.

Happy Valentine's Day to all and to all a good night!

Love ya,
Christy
Old 02-14-2004, 08:30 PM   #8  
Searching

Talking I got Valentines today!

Thank you Ellis and Christy ( I already had Kat's out in the car) it was just the reminder that treating myself with say a SF chocolate bar was not a treat at all and I had people out there pulling for me. I so love you gals!!!!!

Christy- Your V-Day dinner sounds wonderful Sometimes I wish I had a daughter, a little mini-me to like girl stuff. Of course my son and I enjoy video games and martial arts films together, true love

Kat- GET WELL SOON! <----Healing vibes (I guess you might be one that is actually in the bed with her SO today )

Angi- Sleeping in and a nap, are you secretly a rock star

Ellis-So what you saying in no moving chickens for you dinner I like mine pre-killed as well.

Okay a few more things and then off to do some work at work !
Miss Chris
Old 02-15-2004, 06:30 AM   #9  
Searching

Talking Good Morning!

GOOD MORNING!

CAN I GO HOME YET?I was working on W.O.'s a nd about nodding off and my DH wants to go grocery shopping this morning Plus my period is on the way and its making me HUNGRY I have eaten all my meals about an hour early tonight, and I keep trying to feed my soul instead of my hormones

God grant me the serenity to to accept that my body is a raging, tired mess the courage to not give in to all the crap my brain thinks it wants and the wisdom to know when I am hungry

So I brought in my Valentines from the car and I keep reading them knowing my dear friends (here and local) will be up soon and I will quit being so lonely

Much love to you all!
Miss Chris
Old 02-15-2004, 07:39 AM   #10  

Chris, you beautiful, shiny girl... there is no need for you to feed your disease. You have what it takes to say no. And don't give in to your period, either! Your head is telling you that food will help you through your b*tchy, achy period time, but it won't! JUST SAY NO!!! Treat yourself to some GOOD food. love and hugs...

Kat, get better soon, sweetie... lots of hugs...

Christy, your gift to your girls was BEAUTIFUL!

Must run... Mom and Dad are coming for breakfast... love to all...
Old 02-15-2004, 11:52 AM   #11  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Angry Oi vey... checking in!

Good afternoon ladies!

I feel like I have been gone forever. Ok, it's been 6 days but it seems longer! I have not been doing well with eating, so I have been thinking a lot about why that is... After some mental research, I noticed I fell off WW the day my ex got back in touch with me via email in late January, and haven't been on plan since. Hmmm. It did not improve either after I ran into her at the dance club.

Although I believe it is healthier to not carry bitterness around, or focus on avoiding her out of fear, I think that I still have unresolved feelings of loss that need to be dealt with! I have fallen back into old habits of staying in, not exercising, eating too much, drinking too much. I know inside that I am insulating myself, hiding away, not facing my emotions... and that I need to shake this off and get back into eating well, and get back into exercising. I know this makes a HUGE difference in my mental and physical health!

About my ex... I'm not sure about being friends with her either. We will see how our actual spending time together goes... I have not seen her since that night out dancing, but she has emailed me and been nice... she tried to get me out of a traffic ticket I got, by talking to a top cop friend of hers on the local police force, but unfortunately, he couldn't make it go away, heh! So, I think it is sweet that she is trying to look after me, but I am still very cautious about her.

So, yesterday, after a week of being a slob and leaving papers, dirty dishes, and laundry everywhere, I got up and cleaned everything up. Being surrounded by a mess makes my outlook worse I've noticed... So I feel better to look around and see clean surfaces! Yes, I can actually see the tablecloth on my dining room table, bed is made, etc etc. Heh!

Today I am going to go to the gym, take down my dry-n-crunchy Christmas tree, return some movies, little chores, then call some friends. Can you all believe I STILL have my tree up?! Me neither! I just got so used to it, with all its tiny colored lights and beautiful ornaments. I wish it could have lived forever so I keep it up and look at it adoringly But it is dropping needles everywhere, and heck, it's been up since mid-December! At least my neighbors up the street still have all their Christmas lawn stuff out, reindeer, Holy Family, Santa, shiny green tinsel through their fence... so I'm not the only lazy one

Ellis, Angi, Miss Chris, Kat, Christy, Jenelle - I'm sorry I am so behind on all your posts!

Ellis & Miss Chris - Thank you for your continued thoughts And Miss Chris, your prayers; I think you and God may have pulled me out of this awful funk I have been buried in.

Jenelle - I hope you are feeling better today! I'm sending some virtual chicken soup and tea your way... :

Ok, I'm off to shower, and get my butt to the YMCA! I don't think the front desk will recognize me! Gawd, I have not been there since early OCTOBER! Urgh! I'm not going to go nuts, 30 minutes I think is about my limit after my long fitness vacation

See you all later - be well!
Old 02-15-2004, 12:38 PM   #12  

Default Morning ladies!

I am still sick over here. But, iI do feel better than yesterday morning so there's hope! I have a 3 day weekend, too, to help mend up.

Not sure what we are doing during the day today but DH and I are hanging out with friends this evening.

Miss Chris: Good for you for not giving into those PMS urges! I should be experiencing that any day now. Have fun at home.

Christy: Thanks for the heads up on that book. I have lots and lots of storybooks at work - I use them during therapy. That one sounds so cute.

Ellis: I hope you had a great breakfast with your parents.

Sarah: It's so good to hear from you! Sorry that this is (I think) a repeat question, but do you have a sponsor? I think you said that you didn't, but my cold clouded head isn't working too well right now. Anyway, if you still do not have one, I highly suggest finding one. A sponsor is such a fabulous guide for abstinence. Good luck with whatever you do choose.

Hi Angi and Jennelle.

DH and I still need to get our mail (we're lazy). I bet my V Day cards are all in there and I'll be sure to post when I read them.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:22 PM   #13  

Happy Sunday!

Sarah -- Glad you're back with us! And get that tree down, girl! You'll feel better without that piece of Christmas past hanging around the house with ya!

Kat -- Oh, you'll LOVE Porcupining! The little porcupine, named Cushion, travels around the petting zoo with his guitar singing a sad, sad song trying to find a wife. My girls and my class laugh so hard because I sing the songs with an overdone country/western twang. Too cute! Another good one I've gotten recently is called Epossumondas. (Hmmm...I know that's not spelled right!) It's a noodlehead folktale and kids love it, too.

Chris -- Hope that PMS resolves itself soon. Those days of wanting to gnaw the legs off a table while being mad at the world totally suck. You're in my prayers!

Ellis -- Hmmm...while prowling around on the other boards here I think I saw mention of a birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You sneaky girl! I hope you're having a great day in the frozen north.

Jennelle and Angi -- Hey! Happy Sunday to you gals!

I'm procrastinating about getting any school work done. I think I'm going to head to the gym and walk and contemplate being willing to get some lesson plans done. I have completed my math homework for my class though, and I don't even go back there until Tuesday. That's some progress anyway, right?

If I decide to procrastinate any more, I'll check back in with you lovely ladies!

Blessings,
Christy
Old 02-15-2004, 05:19 PM   #14  

Hi everyone! My busy boy is playing in his exersaucer thingy - having had two failed attempts (one by me and other by DH) at transferring a sleeping Elijah from our chests to his crib. At least this isn't hapenning at night anymore! It's fun to watch him play. Right now he's making funny noises at his face in the mirror.

Christy, I'm sure the others know, but what are you studying? You mention lesson plans - are you in a teacher ed program?

Oh Kat, sorry you're sick. Feel better! Take care of yourself!

Hi Sarah - if you need more soul-searching in cleaning, please come to my house! We are up to our ears in dog hair and diapers! (Nice picture, huh!) It feels nice to "clean house" doesn't it! Literally and otherwise. Cracks me up about your Christmas tree. I'd like to leave ours up all the time, too. And we could, because it's fake.

Ellis, hope you're having a good day.

Miss Chris, If I am really and truly HUNGRY, I eat something within my plan. I think our bodies ask for more fuel when we are PMSed, separate from craving stuff. But, I don't want to talk you into to going off plan if there isn't room for it. Just saying that your body is hungry sometimes because it needs a little more fuel on a given day. Just my 2 cents. I am PMSed too and am just about to cry at any given moment. Not feeling blue, just teary - happy tears too.

Everyone else - Happy Sunday! Some of us have the day off tomorrow? I sort of do - I get paid for the holiday hours but will need to work anyway. But, it's nice to get some xtra time in.

A little hope on the sponsor front: the third person I emailed responded and asked me for more information about myself. (Second person hasn't responded, first person is in relapse.) So, maybe this will work out. We'll see.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:56 PM   #15  

Angi, that's great! I hope it works out for you.

Another easy day for me - but I think this is helping because I am starting to feel better.

DH and I are talking about getting away for a weekend in the near future. Our birthday weekend is in May (we are 3 days apart) but we're thinking about something sooner than that. It's nice to get away.

Have a great evening!
Closed Thread