Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 09:45 AM   #1  
Searching

Default Treat Yourself Good Monday 16 Feb 04

GOOD MORNING!

Quick check-in before I go to bed and wake-up to a lovely 7 days off. Last night was white knuckle abstinence, but I made it!!!!!!!

That is a joy within itself.

Ellis later ask me how a book you recommended helped

MUCH LOVE TO ALL!!!!!!!!
Miss Chris
Old 02-16-2004, 10:43 AM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Ugh. I'm still here. The fever is gone, but the sore throat and mucousy nose remains. So much for ALL the stuff I was going to get done over the three day weekend!

I am starting to feel the end of the school year coming on! Yesterday I emailed my principal with my list of benchmarks I have left to teach, and how I'm going to spread them out between now and Spring Break. After Spring Break it's all about test prep (ugh ugh double ugh!). I'm at that point in the year where I'm measuring by the number of holidays left...four weeks 'til a week off for Spring Break, then three weeks after that for Good Friday, then another week for a professional development day (no kiddies, so much easier), then school's out at the end of May.

I'm doing well food-wise, although I've had to force myself to eat at mealtimes because of my illness. (Skipping meals feels too much like restricting food, which is a very scary thing for me.)
Old 02-16-2004, 12:38 PM   #3  

Default Morning!

Hi there,

I have today off so I am about to go hang out at my local diner and read my book for a bit. I may hang out at Borders today, too, and then shop at Trader Joe's.

Jennelle: So sorry you're sick! I still have my cold but it's not so bad now. Saturday was the worse.

Chris: Yay you for getting another abstinent day!

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:44 PM   #4  

Hi! We've had a roller-coaster day. Transmission is out on the main car (the other one is nick-named "the tin can.") Estimate is $1900 - $2300. We were feeling pretty sorry for ourselves. We prayed. and, someone offered to loan us the money. Dh said no about six times and then gave in.

So, we are thankful for kind, rich relatives!

It looks like I have a sponsor! She said "probably!" that's very exciting. She's going to email me soon to let me know what her philosophy is and how it will all work.

Today is my first abstinent day. One hour at a time today! The first couple of days on Atkins, my body thinks it is starving to death without the carbs and I am in constant hunger. So, just trying to remain sane in the middle of all that. One thing is MUCH BETTER this time around though - the last time we did it, I was throwing up a lot the first week. If it weren't for HAVING to lose weight for the adoption, I wouldn't have put up with it. But, it turned out it wasn't Atkins, it was a medication I started around the same time. I went off of that in November or so and so today I don't feel nausea at all. Just hunger.

Hope everyone's having a great day! Thinking of all of you!
Old 02-16-2004, 05:59 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Just a quickie... Jennelle, get better soon, sweetie.

Chris, what book?

Love and hugs to all... back later...

ps I'm OP today. More later.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:23 PM   #6  
Searching

Talking Good Evening!

Hi Everyone! Where's Christy?

I pretty much slept through my first day off So I am sitting here trying to find the make lemonade out of lemons Chris. I am sure she is around here somewhere

You know I promised to pamper myself and declutter my life this week so I think I will just set down and make a friendly it would be nice to do these things list for myself

Jennelle- Feel better lady and GOOD FOR YOU and EATING. I have such a hard time with that when I am sick and your right. You are vulnerable all ready and it takes very little to make the disease voice grow louder. 's on the way and many prayers for quick healing.

Kat- I am glad your feeling better too lady So what did you do with your day off?

Angi- Sometimes what seems like charity is God stepping in. Take care of your little family. When I was first weaning off sugar I used an Atkins type nutrional approach, but remember instead of strict dieting living in the care of our HP and abstaining from compulsive eating are the true things that bring me serenity. Plus I now have berries and oatmeal in my life Forge your own path lady, forge the path God wants for you

Ellis- on being OP! The book was "The Ladies of Missagonhli" (sp?) I finished it in less than 24 hours, but it was just the distration I needed. To be honest I haven't read a book this mushy and hokey since I was 14, BUT the way she writes about the way things look it just pops off the page. Plus a little romance or ideas of romance shouldn't kill me

I love you all my friends!
Miss Chris
PS I am going to try to BBL!
Old 02-16-2004, 09:15 PM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

I forgot all about that book. I HATE romances (no offense to anyone... it's just not my thing), but I LOVED the way she took charge of her life.

Kat, hanging out at a diner with a book sounds SO cozy!

Angi, I'm glad your prayers were answered. Money (or the lack of) is a real bugger. I can completely relate.
If you ever get fed up with Atkins, feel free to join us on South Beach.

Chris, enjoy your week off, dear girl! You deserve it!!

Where IS Christy!?

Sarah, how are you doing, sweet thing?

I'm still OP, but cranky as old heck. Just putting the kids to bed... love and hugs to all...
Old 02-16-2004, 10:15 PM   #8  

Default Howdy

Hi there,

On my laptop - our computer is acting wacky so DH is working on it. Hopefully we didn't lose too much (thought it crashed at first but it didn't).

Chris and Christy - thanks so much for the cards! They were absolutely lovely. I look forward to yours, too, Ellis.

Angi - that's a bummer about the card. But it's great you have family that'll help you!

Chris - I have a bunch of lemons in my fridge that I have yet to use - want them? I thinking sleeping in sounds fabulous.

So I hung out at the diner reading which was very relaxing. Then food shopped and cleaned up at home. Just took some Nyquil - hopefully this cold will be gone by tomorrow.

Have a great night!
Old 02-16-2004, 10:21 PM   #9  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Just checking in before bed

I had a looong day. Worked 10 hours, then went to the gym WITH the ex... and we worked out together in the cardio room. Just got home and inhaled dinner of yummy tomato pizza veggie burger and collard greens

On my ex, she went out of her way to be very sweet: offered me her CD player to listen to her music, and afterwards, her clean-up towelettes and lotion, and then volunteered to come with me to visit my sick uncle in the hospital. Unfortunately the visiting hours ended a 1/2 hour before we got there... but I will see him Tuesday night.

It's funny, I can look at her and see my old girlfriend, but then it is like that is the past and this is the present. This might work out for the best... I've had a year since we broke up almost (late February 2003). I cried enough tears in the past months, that's for sure! Phew!

Not to say that I was not noticing her in her tiny shorts and sports bra top, all muscled up from being a rafting guide this past summer. But it was like looking at... well, nice, but not the love of my life anymore.

At least I will get in killer shape in front of her and soon get myself a new sexy thang to shower all my attention on And enjoy THEIR attention

Good night all! Still wish we had a pajama smilie...
Closed Thread