Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-14-2005, 08:16 AM   #1  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Talking HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! Feb. 14th

Hi Ladies,
You all have a super day today!! I sure will try.. I work tonight though..
I think I will go back to bed after I drop my dd off to school though..
And have coffee when I wake up later..
Hugs to all, Lanee...
Laneebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:57 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Valentines Day !!

BBL

HUGS AND KISSES
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:52 AM   #3  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Good morning, everyone. Happy Valentine's Day!

I am taking a big step today. After spending about a year working on this food/weight thing---and accompishing some good things---stopped gaining and changed eating habits quite a bit (cut out a lot of junk)---BUT, not really losing much (2 or 3 pounds ), I have decided to try using the old Weight Watchers materials I have from a couple of years ago to get more structure and hopefully get the weight loss started. I am VERY nervous. I have avoided following plans until now, but I feel like it is a good choice for me, and I will do my best to let go of past experiences with WW, etc. and give myself a fresh start. So, starting today, I will be doing the WW points. I am going to use this board and my family and a friend I meet with every week for support. Going to the meetings and getting weighed and stuff is not a good idea for me right now, I decided. Anyhow, I am nervous, but excited, too. I will try this for one week and re-evaluate. Does anyone else do WW? Have a good day, everyone.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:58 AM   #4  
Raindancer1

Hello to All,

I just discovered from speaking with a psychiatrist that there are many anti-depressants that KEEP weight on people! After reading that Effexor cuts the appetite, I was astounded to see that I was gaining so much, and worse, having such a hard time losing...3 pounds no matter what. So, when I spoke to a new shrink, he told me that Effexor is surely one of the drugs that causes / helps with weight GAIN. After the initial 2 weeks of loss, you may start piling on pounds or you may find it impossible to lose. Like Lithium...the dread treatment that may work miracles for Bipolar people, but it makes most people fat, even if they just smell food. What is a fatgirl to do? I am working with the doctor to take something that is non-stimulating but suppresses the appetite. So far, it works, but keeps me awake unless I take Desyryl (Trazadone). So the juggling of drugs goes on. I will see how much I lose this week and let you all know. Anyone else experiencing problems with weight loss while on an SSRI? There are alternatives and you can lose the weight...which in turn can help us feel better about ourselves and less depressed. Weight is an issue that can keep someone unhappy/anxious/depressed, so it is a good idea to talk it over with your doctor and see if he /she is willing to help. Good luck to all.
raindancer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:06 AM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

Whoo-Whoo-Whoop! Congrats. Kathy!!!! Today is one month for me since I decided to stop fiddling around and get serious. I'm down a total of 8 inches and 6.2 lbs. (I'm a real good exerciser and a lousy dieter, i lose at the rate of a crippled snail).. I should just put on my sneakers and shut my mouth, I'd have instant success.

You SHOULD be excited and you WILL do well.....remember that every ounce counts!

I exercised for 15 mins. this AM (wts. and a small amount of cardio) and hope to hit the gym for 20 mins....today is my "resting" day. My goal is to hit 6 hours and 10 mins. of exercise this week, increasing from 6 hours last week, 5 hours, 20 mins. the week before, 4 hours the week before and 45 mins. the week before that.....(see how anal-retentive I can get?, but it seems to work for me) Every day I exercise I get a star on my calendar and write down the # of mins., the following week I try to match what I did the week before or increase it by a few.

I started knitting again in the evenings to keep myself occupied.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:12 AM   #6  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning Ladies

Well here I am drinking my cappuccino. Making myself some breakfast on this rainy Valentines day.Happy Valentines' Day ladies!!!Yesterday Dh and I moved the living room furniture around and it opened our living room up alot.It looks good in here.Dh has school tonight so I am trying to figure out what to make him for dinner.I weighed myself this morning.I am at the same weight but I think I am losing inches.I will probably get Dh to help me with measurements when he returns from store this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdkathy
Does anyone else do WW? Have a good day, everyone.
I do weight watchers; the flexpoint program.So know that you are not the only one hunny.Cin also does WW and she is a leader.

BBL
*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 12:38 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
I slept in today b/c starting tommorrow NO NAPS b/c the job starts on the 22nd
If you missed it on the weekend thread I lost 3.4 at WI!
Kathy I do WW Core Program it's great!
Hi Leenie!
Lanee Enjoy sleeping in!
Hi Raindancer when I was on Paxil one dosage made me not want to eat and another made me crave sugar Hopefully you'll find the right combo for you
Marble you're the opposite of me I do well with food but exercise ugh!
Lynnie I bet your room looks great Pass the cappucino!
I'm tryign to make my new hairdo Curly. . .I have Curly/wavy hair but no matter what "product" I put in my hair Same result grrr Its a great cut tho Accentuates the cheek bones and makes me look polished
I tried on my new clothes yesterday The suits fit great but I got Ralph Lauren Pants and the 18W is tooo big so they have to go back (DH took me on a spree and wouldn't let me see the prices) yesterday we went to a winery and then out to dinner and still I only used 6 of my 35 weekly point allowance today should be a bit more damage lol but not much If we order dessert I get 2 or 3 small bites and thats it!
Gotta run!
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:01 PM   #8  

Kierie:

Girl, Take those pants back and get a smaller pair! If your hair won't "do" what it's supposed to.....try Bedhead Superstar (in the purple bottle)...it's great for curls and there is no frizz....also the Neutrogina gloss stuff works well... you don't want to weigh the hair down.

I waltzed right past the HUGE Dessert display in the hospital cafeteria (before anything attached to my hips) ate lots of fiber instead from the salad & vegan area, oh how boring! But I feel virtous...
Old 02-14-2005, 01:31 PM   #9  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Hi, again,

Marbleflys, thank you so much for the encouragement and support. I feel pretty confident that I am ready to get more serious. Good job with the workouts!

Lynnie, I am happy to know you and CIN do WW, too. Maybe I can ask questions since I am not doing the meetings?? Thank you for the support. We just painted our living room, and it makes such a difference.

Kierie, that must be such a good feeling to have to take something back because it is too big. I can't wait until I go down a size. I am currently in the biggest size I have ever worn . But it WILL go down.

I got out all my WW materials and am ready to go. Already recorded my points for breakfast. I am not sure if I'll do the Winning Points, or Flexpoints. Is there a way to adapt my WP material to the newer Flexpoints plan?? Maybe I will research that idea. Have a good afternoon, everyone!
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 03:22 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Marble! I love Bedhead Products I have to find my bottle of control freak The hairdresser reccommended this stuff called bouncy Cream It sounds kinda dirty to me and you should have seen DH's face when i said I wanted to get it
as for the dessert table you full of fiber GODDESS GOOD JOB!
Kathy if you want any CORE info I can hook you up with some Good links and stuff and My dear you WILL GET SMALLER
<BTW I'm Highly caffienated>
One of my long term goals (possibly) is to be a WW leader. I think I'd do well and LOL I can't resist an audience
Don't really feel like eating today DH is bringing me to a Nicer place So I'm pulling out the Hot tottie Dress! he better Watch OUT!
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 04:01 PM   #11  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Ladies!

I've had a miserable weekend... well not so miserable. I was sick However, it didn't kill the reservations I had made to pamper James for his birthday. We had fun. Yesterday and today I'm paying for it I must admit though... dayquil is awesome. Cleared me out and made my aches go away. I weighed in this morning. 354lbs, down 4 pounds, but I think was because I was sick and really not eating much. Mostly was eating just liquidy foods like soup and softer foods.

I'm feeling a bit better, but still a bit wobbly on feet. I just wanted to come post and let everyone know I am alive and we did follow through with our plans for the weekend. Just not at full force heheh...

Happy Valetines Day!

Take care everyone
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 04:14 PM   #12  

Default Pat, pat, me on the back!

Kudos to everyone....maybe I can overcome my "FEAR OF THE SCALE" and hop on this week, (I'm such a chicken-s*&^t)

It sounds much nicer to say "Fiber-Goddess" than saying you are full of ****

I stocked up on splenda from the coffee machine area and didn't even open the box of Hershey'sPotoGold..... my BP is 110/70 (this is fabulous for me, I'm hypertensive naturally)....I went to the gym and managed 35 mins. on the Ellip. horsie burning up 305 calories.....

I'm trying......but now I am craving SUGAR! (and think I deserve it, what kind of warped logic is that?)