Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-04-2023, 05:57 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 216/205/120

Height: 5' 2"

I'm the exact same way. I've heard a theory (probably pop psychology) that will power is something you have in limited supply. My psychiatrist did mention this as well so it has some credence in the medical field. So maybe having to sit at my desk and work for 8 hours drains that will power and at the end of the work day I have none left over to stop me from binging. And I'm too tired from working to pursue other activities to distract me from my obsession with food. So maybe we should just quit our jobs and live on the streets? We'd have no money to buy food with. Just kidding of course.
LadyBinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 01:44 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 210/150/150

Height: 1.7m

Hey there,

Firstly, congratulations on quitting smoking! That's a huge accomplishment and shows your capability for making positive changes in your life.

It's understandable that changing eating habits can be challenging, especially after quitting smoking, which can sometimes lead to increased food cravings. Here are a few tips that may help you with controlling your food habits and overcoming binge eating:
  1. Identify Triggers: Try to identify what triggers your binge eating episodes. Is it stress, boredom, emotions, or certain environmental cues? Once you understand your triggers, you can work on finding healthier ways to cope with them.
  2. Mindful Eating: Practice mindfulness when eating. Pay attention to the taste, texture, and smell of your food. Eat slowly, and listen to your body's hunger and fullness cues. Avoid distractions like TV or smartphones while eating.
  3. Meal Planning: Plan your meals and snacks in advance. Having healthy options readily available can prevent impulsive eating and make it easier to stick to your dietary goals.
  4. Healthy Substitutions: Replace unhealthy snacks with nutritious alternatives. Keep plenty of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and low-calorie snacks on hand for when you feel the urge to binge.
  5. Seek Support: Consider seeking support from a therapist, nutritionist, or support group specializing in binge eating disorder. Talking to a professional can provide you with strategies to overcome binge eating and improve your relationship with food.
  6. Practice Self-Compassion: Be kind to yourself during this process. Changing habits takes time, and setbacks are normal. Instead of being hard on yourself, acknowledge your efforts and celebrate small victories along the way.
Remember that developing new eating habits takes time and patience. It's not about perfection but progress. Keep experimenting with different strategies until you find what works best for you, and don't hesitate to reach out for support when needed.

Hang in there, and keep prioritizing your health and well-being. You've already shown incredible resilience by quitting smoking, and I have no doubt that you can overcome binge eating as well. You've got this!
Read This FREE The foolproof diet Ebook, It Helped Me A Lot To Start My Weight Loss Journey.

Last edited by NahlaLoss; 02-22-2024 at 08:44 PM.
NahlaLoss is offline   Reply With Quote