Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-08-2017, 08:39 AM   #16  

I have this same problem, and I am feeling pretty discouraged about it lately. I do so well during the day, but then eat so much at night. And I don't sleep very well, so then sometimes I eat in the middle of the night.
Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:19 AM   #17  

I recommitted to drinking water.
Andy142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:24 PM   #18  
banned

I often break the rules,so it may be longer for me to become a habit.Congrats on giving up smoking! It's a good start
garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:08 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhite17 View Post
I have recently been reading Never Binge Again and I've found it helpful to gain control. The writing and concepts aren't for everyone, it's a bit.....abrasive? But, it has been working for me.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MENTIONING THIS! I am reading the book and this is what I needed!!!
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:56 PM   #20  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi
I began losing weight by setting out bowls of Healthy 'sliced foods' to snack/graze on day & night: apples, carrots, broccoli, berries, etc. Protein to toss in, setting on top of a green salad I make the evening before; I have absolutely No excuses to eat Stupid snacks anymore, I have a plate conveniently in 2 rooms. My energy & muscles have improved to.

I printed out a calorie/fat chart saying what exercise activity & how long it would take a active person to do to burn up the food. I'm +50 yrs & I don't exercise daily, I'm happy to get 3 miles daily on my Fitbit & lift handweights & on the weekends to use my kayak & go stand-up paddle boarding.

I substitute healthy ingredients & use a recipe for pre-packaged boxed store foods & use half the salt, etc. I cook & bake very similar just Healthier.
​​​​​​
W.Watchers has a very good points system, I bought their shopping food points guide book with a eating-out point guide included when I attended a free meeting to see their plan. I don't have the time or $ to weekly weigh-in, so I didn't join. But the points book is a good guide when buying food ingredients & packaged foods & eating out.

I hope that something I do is helpful to someone here. I'm happier with my body & my life since I began these food changes
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:54 PM   #21  

S/C/G: Goal Weight: 100

Height: 5' 2"

I'm the same way...one of my pitfalls is that I love to bake. I'll bake cookies twice a week and eat 2 cookies worth of dough then eat seven cookies in one day...I'm a cookie monster. The solution, don't bake tasty treats. Easier said than done. I stopped buying flour. As tough as it is you have to remove the foods you binge on from your home. That works until you have a "healthy binge" where you binge on food that is good for you (I've done that too...three kiwis and an avocado later...lol) I used to (last time maybe two weeks ago) get a full lunch on my lunch break, then immediately go get another entire lunch and then eat cookies or ice cream for dessert. Still working through that..for me I resorted to meticulously planning what I will eat for every meal weeks in advance.
LadyBinger is offline   Reply With Quote