Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the support. I got the ultrasound for my thyroid today and will probably get results next week. I'm very happy I had a clear mammogram, since my mom died from breast cancer. Such an evil disease. I am getting some moles checked out soon, and early next year I guess I will have to make a dreaded visit to a gynecologist. I just want no cancer. I can handle everything else, but the C word is terrifying.

Still binge free for nearly two weeks. I have been so busy at work that I don't have time to think about binging, but I also think that I have already been helped by the therapy sessions. A totally different way of thinking about food, but I am starting to feel confident. And when you have text and phone support from a counselor into the wee hours of the morning, I feel pretty good that I can stay binge free for a while. At least until my next vacation, just around the corner. But I will try to follow the new plan and see if I am successful.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/212/130

Height: 5'3"

I would like to join everyone here! I just signed up at this place and this is my first post (I really should get over to the intro thread...)

So far I haven't binged in December. I have several therapists I can talk to now plus a friend and some family members who support me, so that's good.

I also try to eat enough healthy fats (especially coconut oil) and that helps my cravings. But only if I don't have wheat or any refined grains, and no sugar. It was hard to get into that way of eating, I'm still figuring it out....I had supermassive cravings at first that my friend (and coconut oil and therapy) helped with.

So!! There are a lot of holidays this month for a lot of people and a lot of goodies being sold everywhere regardless of what you celebrate or even if you celebrate at all! So, I figure it's nice to have some accountability with people somewhere! So, hi everyone!
Isadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

KittyKatFan - Good job on being binge free for 2 weeks! Sometimes being busy helps us ward off the cravings. Also, hoping the health issues turn up with good news. Keep us posted, k?

Isadore - Awesome for having no binges this month! Sounds like you have a good support system. It's also nice to have someone you can call for immediate help. Keep up the good work!
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

So, it's the weekend of my wedding and then I'm off for a week for my honeymoon. We're eating down the food in the refrigerator, so staying on plan is a challenge right now.

Last night, the hubby-to-be wanted a pizza, so I had 1 small piece and then decided to make a healthy snack to avoid eating more pizza. This morning, we went out to brunch and I got a soup and salad combo. Decided to grab a few snacks to last until Wednesday (when we leave) in order to save money on eating out. The soup I had today for brunch motivated me to make a beef barley veggie soup which is delicious; however, I ate 2 bowls of it and got a tummy ache.

This made me realize 2 things: 1. I didn't eat enough today, which was the reason I was so hungry (instead of overeating because of X, Y, Z reasons), and 2. if I do overeat, I get a tummy ache because I'm not used to eating that much in one sitting anymore.

I'm happy that in 2 weeks of committing to an eating plan I have noticed changes like this in my body. Also happy that I decided to get a few snacks because I just can't go off my smaller-meals-and-snacks type of eating. I'm feeling enough discomfort from today. Glad I made a healthier choice.

Hope everyone is doing well
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #35  
Ailsa

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I've just felt like sitting around on my bum and eating all day every day since classes have stopped and exams have started at my university (last week). I only have to make it through to Thursday, and I'm trying to take it one day at a time. The weather is cold and gray and with no structure to my days, I feel like I am on the verge of binging! But I am trying to tell myself how HORRIBLE I always feel after I binge and so far that has caused me to snack a little and just force myself to stop. usually but leaving my room so I can't eat anymore, but hey it's something :P

Tonight was my "cheat" meal where I had a delicious curry noodle soup and summer rolls from a local asian restaurant. Gonna get back on track tomorrow but not restrict too too much or else I think I will binge. Lots of careful snacks I guess are key!

I'm gonna try to eat a lot of protein in hopes that will help but I swear at this point I'd binge on celery...
AilsaPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #36  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Kittykatfan- happy to hear the good news!

Isadore- Welcome and congratulations on a good December so far!

Alisapearl- I hope you do ok through the night! I hate the cold yucky weather- everything seems harder during this season for me!

Coffeeshopgirl- congratulations on the wedding! Enjoy every second of it!

Today makes 6 days for me. Woo hoo! I ate a little more than I had planned to for the day but only ate to maintenance and I was eating because I was truly hungry, not to binge- so I'm feeling very successful. I have been trying to separate my binges from my "true" self, and although I had a few moments of "feeling the urge" today- I didn't act on it- I just kind of acknowledged it, and chose to ignore it. I'm feeling like a gold medalist ;-) super happy that I didn't binge and even happier that I was able to get over the binge feelings much more quickly and easily than normal.
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #37  
Jessica

hope everyone is doing alright! I just got through day 7! Hoping this being binge-free starts to "pay off" on the scale and my clothes soon... I'm a few pounds up from my "happy weight"...
Old 12-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #38  
Call me Maybe jk jk

S/C/G: 182/178/120

Height: 5'2

Good luck to y'all, as for me my finals are killing me slowly, sometimes I felt so stress that I just want to eat a whole peanut butter can, *sigh*
ugogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:12 AM   #39  

Height: 5'4

Danzingurl - Awesome job! I'm hanging in there too (on day 16 now I believe) and my weight is way up and doing crazy things too. You know what though? I don't care! I haven't binged since the end of November and I don't intend to this month, which was my primary goal.

ugogirl - Hang in there hun... just remember that binging will only continue to add to that stress! Take a few minutes to get up and stretch, do some yoga, take a walk, or if you can... treat yourself to a manicure or pedicure. RELAX!

Hope everyone else is doing okay!

Last edited by JossFit; 12-10-2012 at 05:13 AM.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Hi everyone! Popping in here. (:

I ended up not being as successful as anticipated. Binge two loooong days in a row Friday and Saturday. I know what went wrong- combination of a little too much restriction, feeling the deprivation of knowing my eating routine will be limited in the coming weeks, and a whole lot of stress and anxiety over school and my body and this trip just made me snap and WANT to give into those urges and not even care!

I'm back up now though and feeling kind of "reset." I'm working on getting a handle on my overly obsessiveness with my body and also working through whether or not my "refeeds" are also just a product of binge brain urges and could be discontinued.

Actually, I am not sure if this is good positive thinking or if it might be just a disordered thought process, but looking back at my binge break I'm not even seeing it as all that negative: it served its purpose as a distraction and relaxation during a stressful time, and my body is at a point where it could take a few pounds weight gain that came with it okay.

ANYWAY I'm leaving for Japan tonight!! I'm actually looking forward to the chance for a month of forced no-bingeing and no binge-esque eating either, and also much reduced chance for any kind of restriction or diet/weight-loss eating. My goal is simply "normal:" eat what I want, not too much, and not stressing over it. I expect I may overeat sometimes, but I just want to prevent it from getting binge-y. I know I'm in control and always have a choice to stop eating!

Will report back sometime again. Love to all of you guys. You are all amazing and strong!!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #41  
Jessica

Ugogirl- resist that peanut butter! You can do it!

Joss- good to see you are still doing well! My main goal is also to stop bingeing- I'm just hoping that my bum gets a little less jiggly as a nice side-effect ;-)

Mottainai- have fun and enjoy Japan!! And good luck!

I've struggled a little today, nothing crazy but just hungrier than normal and starting to feel like I do when I have to fight a binge all night. But I know that "I" don't really want to binge, so I won't... Its crazy how much power my cravings can have over me if I let them. Not today cravings! :P
Old 12-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #42  
Jessica

9 days in and absolutely elated. I know 9 days may not seem like very long but I haven't felt so in control for a very long time. I can't wait until I lost track of how many days it has been since I last binged- and I am excited because I KNOW that I can get there. I love this feeling so much more than the numbness I feel during a binge. I feel so great.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #43  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzingurl77 View Post
9 days in and absolutely elated. I know 9 days may not seem like very long but I haven't felt so in control for a very long time. I can't wait until I lost track of how many days it has been since I last binged- and I am excited because I KNOW that I can get there. I love this feeling so much more than the numbness I feel during a binge. I feel so great.

9 days is a long time for you, it's all relative! Don't downplay your accomplishment... you should be proud!

I posted a while back that I noticed I hadn't gone more than 10 days at most in the past few months, and that was HUGE for me! Not necessarily in terms of the time because I've gone months and months with no binge urges at all, but the REALIZATION that I created a habit of 10 days was huge.

I'm glad whatever you're doing (or not doing) is working for you!!

I'm still hanging in there. Had a couple of minor cravings yesterday but I haven't had any real binge urges in a few days. I think I'm on day 18 now... something like that. I am actually trying not to count the days I just happen to keep a food diary so it's easy to look if I want to.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #44  

Oh I love this idea! I know it's almost half way through, but I'm jumping on this bandwagon anyway! Great motivation to get through Christmas holiday parties with minimal binges!
Jentry07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Still binge free for December. 17 days in a row and still feeling confident.

KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote