Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #46  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Jossfit! And it's good and encouraging to see you doing so well also!

Kittykatfan- I'm hoping I can catch up to you soon!

10 days!!! Double digits!! After tomorrow I will have gone longer without a binge than I have in almost a year. *insert giddiness here*
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #47  

Guys you have to read "Eating Less"!!!

It is similar to Brain over Binge, but it actually explains HOW to exactly fight cravings. I have been binge free since I read it a week ago!!!
Freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #48  
Jessica

Wow, what am epic failure of a day-

Some of my dancers performed today, one of them fell during the show and I ended up driving her to the emergency room for stitches... 4 girls costumes are covered in blood from helping her- we compete tomorrow, so i need a miracle to save my costumes or find 10 new ones... my stitches girl wabts to compete so bad but we had to take her out of the routines on the doctors orders. i feel terrible... she was under my supervision when she fell

DH is in the 10% of people who get some special kind of infection with their root canal and his pain grumpiness are getting to me.

Went to the doctor and was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis and achillies tendinitis. No more running for a while and 2 weeks with a super-stylish boot.

I could've at least eaten healthy foods and taken care of myself, but I threw myself a pity party instead.

But- 11 days was progress, and if I can go 11 I can do 12 next time- if that's what it takes...one step at a time.

Wow I am always so whiny on this thread! I am generally a happy person- maybe because I have this place to get all of my negativity out!!

Freebie- I am thinking about starting that book tomorrow!! :-)
Old 12-15-2012, 12:33 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 116/116/110

Height: 5'2

Danzingurl, you still have been doing so great! I think you'll make Day 12. It seems like stress is your trigger. Maybe once you realized you are stressed, it might be helpful to have a plan for what you're going to eat later that night. Even if it is a "binge," it's better to overeat on veggies or if you're craving something sweet, two containers of fat free greek yogurt with chocolate powder and some sweetener mixed in. Sorry to hear about your special boot, but maybe the rest will do you some good. Good luck!
laceyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #50  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

hi gurls, just a quick check how everyone is handling the most festive month of the year :P i really missed you guys.
you know me binging, binging, binging...i think it has become a must in my life currently. but i'm finally home for the holidays and i have to be good, especially after my scale gave me a reality check today...i gained almost 10 pounds since october and my bff was just bragging today that she lost 12 pounds sinche she started working in zara and i'm really happy for her because she has great body. i'm praying that my weight gain is mostly water and i wonder how come i can't notice this gain on my body, i mean yeah my pants are little too tight but i always wear them like that xD and my mom is cooking like it's her duty since i returned. i guess all the moms are the same.

danzigurl - you did amazing, 11 days is still a big step toward your healing. you know i think two steps front and one back is still better than staying in the same place and binging every day like me.
if anyone sees my willpower please tell her to come back to me!!!
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #51  
Jessica

Laceyj- thanks! You are so sweet. You are also so right- stress is a big trigger for me! (Sometimes it can feel like EVERYTHING is a trigger) but 11 days is a big step for sure!

Missunshine- I read the book "brain over binge" and it had a lot of helpful information and advice for me- maybe it could help you too? I hope you are able to turn things around soon! I think the deeper you get in to bingeing the more difficult it is to stop!

I ended up going crazy yesterday also I felt fat and depressed and mad at myself, an didnt even try to fight the urge. But I am back on track today and ready to finish off 2012 strong!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:59 AM   #52  

Height: 5'4

Hey everyone, still hanging in there! Well, not hanging per say... doing quite well actually. Still OP day 22 now I think?

I also started reading BOB and it's definitely interesting. I suppose I've always felt like I had the choice to binge or not, so it's not any huge revelation for me. I have never felt like I absolutely *couldn't* resist, it's just that I have some periods where I choose not to a lot more often!

I'm going to continue reading it today if I have some time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danzingurl - You absolutely made strides over the past few days with regard to your binge free streak... keep going! I know that things fell off for you a bit, but you're right; finish 2012 strong! You have proven that when you choose to fight the urges, you can!

missunshine - Resisting the seasonal goodies is NOT easy, and as much as I miss my mom being around I'm glad that I don't have the added temptations. Truthfully my mom was never much of a baker and not at all a food pusher, but my Grandmother would seriously start baking MONTHS before the holidays and freezing it all in preparation; fudge, divinity, cookies galore... not even mentioning all the pies and dinners! I can care less about meat and potatoes, bring on the baked goods!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:50 AM   #53  

Hey guys - still standing strong and it is actually easy right now. I got so many techniques that actually help me. I feel that the mind is the most important thing to change. If I can shut up my mind I am fine. Once I start playing the "well you could have a pint of B&J and just have a shake for dinner" game I am done. I go crazy and eat all day - of course I not just have the shake for dinner and I am usually continuing this for a couple days until I get back on track.

The most important thing I got from the "Eating Less" book is that I have choices and I can eat what/how much and whenever I like, I just have to live with the consequences (feeling like crap, weight gain etc.). Weight is not my problem also, it is the eating that is my problem. I need to find more pleasure in controlling my eating than in losing weight, then losing weight will just happen as a result...
Old 12-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #54  

danzigurl-- yeah i've been looking for that book for a while now but it's impossible to get it where i live :/ i was trying to download it but i can't find any link. maybe i'll order it from amazon or ebay...i did read an excerpt of the book and it didn+t really convince me, like jossfit mentioned, it's not a big revelation for me either, i know why i binge and what my choices are, the problem is i'm always gonna choose the easy way and momentary satifsaction ( does that term even exists??)

jossfit-woow you're gonna reach one month...that's so awesome girl

freebie- i'm so glad you found your way of dealing with it.don't even mention the mind game-that happens to all of us i think, it has to be all or nothing for me.

i didn't binge today but i did overeat a bit and my mom keeps sneaking chocolate candies into my room. she got them for her birthday and saved them all for me °_°
Old 12-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #55  

I liked brain over binge, but it was not enough information for me. It pretty much said "stop bingeing" and "donīt fight your urges". But I never understood HOW I do that. With "Eating Less" it is like finally somebody turned on the light at the end of the tunnel...I am still overeating and scared of bingeing, but I know how I can fight the urges and overcome them. I guess both books together and some of bethenny frankells advices in Naturally thin made the difference...
Old 12-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #56  
Jessica

Big thank you to everyone for the support!! As far as "brain over binge" goes, I always knew I could say no- but I always felt like my binges were justified somehow- I had a bad day and "deserved" it, or I needed to focus my energy on fixing stressors before I could focus on stopping bingeing- so BOB was kind of a kick in the tush for me I guess. There is no justifying binge-eating.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #57  

I have a hard time separating myself. It did not work for me. It always feels like I truly want to binge. I donīt play the separating thing anymore, I set different goals now, take every urge as an opportunity to make progress. So urges to binge are good for me - they mean I get another shot on moving on.

With every urge I tell myself "I can give in if I want to, but right now I donīt feel like it. Maybe next week...". As soon as I play the "I will NEVER binge again" game all I want is binge. I postpone my binges right now and it works wonders. I donīt plan them, I donīt look forward to them, but I can be binge free this week. Next week? I donīt know, but it also isnīt important right this moment. What is important is that I say NO and move on with my day.

Last edited by Freebie; 12-17-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #58  

Height: 5'4

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing so far in December! If there is a hard month for binges this is probably it huh?

I'm still doing well; a glance at my food journal shows this is my 27th day on plan. I tend to have binge-y periods and totally binge-free periods, so I hope I'm settling into a nice long binge-free one! I'm definitely excited for my planned days off from counting (Christmas, maybe NYE?) so I can get some of the seasonal goodies, but I haven't had any real desire to binge. I am definitely feeling snacky and could kill some sweets but that's probably because I have been in a calorie deficit the last 27 days trying to shed a bit of fat.

Freebie - I feel the same way. To me, the idea of blaming an "animal brain" is sort of silly. I want to do the eating... it's me! LOL I can make the choice whether or not I will, and each time I have binged in the past it has been a conscious choice to do so. At times I have felt sort of 'out of control' and like I was outside of myself, but I still know I could have prevented or stopped any binge at any time.

I also tell myself to wait, or that I'll eat XYZ later as one of my coping strategies. Lately I've just been able to simply envision my weekly weigh-in and how disappointed I'll be if I deviate from my plan and see a gain or no loss for the week.

Danzingurl - I too have rationalized binges by saying that "I deserve it" because I lost more weight than I wanted, hadn't had a good day, etc. You know what? In some cases I probably DID need more calories, but it would have been much kinder to my body to space the calories out over a week or so... haha.

How are things going?

missunshine - I find it odd that your mom has been "sneaking" chocolates into your room. Why not just be open and offer them to you?

Hope everyone else is doing well!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #59  
Jessica

Jossfit- 27 days, that's great! And you're right, December is tough with all the goodies EVERYWHERE!

I am having in here- felt like I wanted to binge last night and ate a whole carton of arctic zero over my calories but didnt really binge, so I'm counting it as a cixtory. This week has been extra hard because ya the last week of school- and my students (gotta love them) have been bringing me treats all week! I appreciate the gesture, but there are mountains of Christmas foods around my house that I don't really know what do do with!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #60  

haha jossfitt - i didn't express myself well...she isn't sneaking them without me knowing it, she brings them to me when i'm there. and she did it again this evening...a huge rice krispies chocolate which my sister who visited us yesterday brought to her.
my family is gone bananas. everyone is on the losing weight wagon... they used to tease me two years ago when i was losing weight and now when they're going trough what i went to i think they finally realize what it's like. my brother in law is drinking some shake supplements, something like quick trim. he did lose some weight but i told him that it won't be ok on the long haul because he gains as soon as he stops drinking them. then my other sister who is now pregnant and overweight has a pregnanancy diabetes and needs to follow a special diet but hasn't got a clue what she's doing. and her husband is also losing weight. they used to laugh at me for eating oatmeal for breakfast and now they do the same thing. it's so surreal for me and i know that they will probably gain back because they already plan what will they pig out on when they reach their goal. i tried warning them about all the bumps on the road and how to change their lifestyle but we'll se if they remain consistent. i feel so much more comfortable around them because they aren't focused on me and my regainment but they talk about their struggles and i try to help them because knowledge is power.
i've been binge free for three days and i feel so much more in control for now.