Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #16  
Don't give up.

S/C/G: 195/195/165

Height: 5'0"

I'll join in, too.
Yesterday, I ate some chips, mindlessly because they were sitting there and looked appetizing, but it was only 3-4 before I caught myself and set the bag down and ate an apple instead. Today, I ate one piece of left-over Halloween candy, but avoided going back for more by having coffee, instead. Bad habits don't break easily, but I'm catching myself and not being a zombie about it so far.
neon_zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 116/116/110

Height: 5'2

I've been feeling bingey, but managed to succeed last night. I really wanted to because I'd had a stressful day. After dinner I just ended up by two single non fat greek yogurts and all the protein took my cravings away and I just read my Kindle and went to bed. I think a lot of my problems come from watching TV and eating, a habit I need to break. My coworkers are guilting me to come to happy hour and I'm nervous about drinks and what it does to my willpower. It sucks so bad that binge eating can affect your social life, I'm already thinking of excuse
laceyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Two days in and feelin' confident
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #19  

As I type, I am managing to not eat another piece of buttered toast. Usually I would have for sure, but I ate the first one more slowly and enjoyed it more, because I know one piece of toast is a late night snack, but 4 or 5 pieces is a binge.

I would always feel a little confused after a binger before I found this site. For example, "What was THAT yesterday...?" Now I know what is going on, so I can control it a little bit better.

Here is to a November that is in control!
Ferny1730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:21 AM   #20  

S/C/G: H:220/SO:183/C:177.1/G:128

Height: 5'3.5"

Completely in control today! Even when I had to go grocery shopping on an empty stomach. All good choices in my cart-- veggies, fruits, beans, etc. Passed by shelf after shelf of junk, holiday goodies, chocolate, icecream, etc, and was not tempted once!

Nov. Daily WI | Nov. POINTS Challenge | 90 Day Exercise Challenge | V-Day Challenge

Last edited by 2Dy2MrwAlwys; 11-03-2012 at 06:16 AM.
2Dy2MrwAlwys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:07 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 82.2/78.5/64

Height: 176

I'll join this thread again. It's the 3rd here in Australia and I have binged every single day this month. I'm hoping on no more binges for the rest of this month, but because I know how unlikely that is, I'll be happy if it only happens occasionally. Today wasn't too bad, I had a mini-binge this morning, but I've managed to stay on track for the rest of the day. I even got off my butt and excercised, somthing which I have been slack about lately. I know I can get back on track.
AmyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyAmy View Post
I'll join this thread again. It's the 3rd here in Australia and I have binged every single day this month. I'm hoping on no more binges for the rest of this month, but because I know how unlikely that is, I'll be happy if it only happens occasionally. Today wasn't too bad, I had a mini-binge this morning, but I've managed to stay on track for the rest of the day. I even got off my butt and excercised, somthing which I have been slack about lately. I know I can get back on track.
Getting back on there once you have made a mistake is hard, but important! Give yourself credit for doing the right thing and hang in there. It's all about progress!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #23  

I am really proud of myself for how well I did this last week at work. There was a faculty lunch buffet that was free, including with Peanut Butter and cookies. When I was going through the line, I looked to see how much other people were eating and took about a cup and a half of beef chili for my first serving. I also counted out six chips to crumble on top, and avoided the cheese. I also took one cookie. I did have a second serving, but I had the vegetarian chili, six chips and one cookie again.

Later the cookies were left in the faculty lounge and I was able to go in there without eating any or hearing them talk to me.

I don't know if I lost any weight last week, but I felt more comfortable in my skin and more in control of myself. Honestly, having piece of mind is worth more than fitting into my favorite jeans.

I also had treats everyday! Instead of eating them the way I used to-- fast as I could when no one was looking, unlimited amounts-- I would have one PB cup or two and enjoy it. Because it fit into my daily points allowence (I am doing weight watchers) I wouldn't feet guilty and could really enjoy my sugar without shame!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 271/254/150

Well it's November 3rd and I have NOT had a binge free November as of tonight. But I am going to get back on track tomorrow. I have six weeks until I fly out west to visit family that I haven't seen in a year. I am 10lbs lighter than the last time I saw them but I'd like to have a more noticeable difference before I see them again.

Good luck everybody! Try to take a breath and think about the horrible post binge feeling, that sometimes works for me.
alliesarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 116/116/110

Height: 5'2

Hope everyone had a good day 3. I'm still binge free, thank goodness. I'm a little worried tomorrow because I'm making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for a bake sale, but I'll stay strong and chew gum. I might have to sample them though, just one Allie, best of luck with your goal. Six weeks is a good amount of time. I wouldn't put any numbers on your goal, that way there's less pressure. I find the more I pressure myself, the more I binge. Keep those binge foods out of the house too! Good job on the cookies Ferny, I don't know about you, but PB cups, Reeses Pieces are one of my biggest weaknesses. Peanut butter and chocolate must be the most heavenly/evil combination out there! Good luck for Sunday all!
laceyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:47 AM   #26  

S/C/G: H:220/SO:183/C:177.1/G:128

Height: 5'3.5"

Binge free today.
2Dy2MrwAlwys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #27  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hullo all.

How do we feel about a binge-free November starting November 4th for me? >.o

Last night was a bad...bad bad bad night for me. A binge to the point of full-blown pain and discomfort and an inordinate amount of emotional baggage explosion as a result. I have a family event to go to today, and am at the biggest I've ever been and knew the binge-bloating would make it worse, which made the emotional aftermath brutal.

So anyway. Here's to making the rest of November better, and trying to get the help I need. Starting with, of course, returning to 3FC.

Neon:
Super proud/impressed by your "put down the chips" mentality. The "nothing matters, just eat" zombie mode is often hard to disrupt, so kudos to you!

Lacey:
Oh, I feel the pain on the social life factor.
I have a lot of friends at work--- My work was a startup by 20-something year olds who are now 20-something year old millionaires. The work environment is awesome... pool table, dart board, and coworkers who are all around my age. But they also have a beer/vodka cooler fridge, and shelves that are stacked with chocolate, chips, granola bars and candy. And anytime you start hanging out with people... out comes the free beer and snacks. *facepalm*
Also, I'm like you with the peanut butter/chocolate, too! Deadly combo responsible for a Halloween binge. *second facepalm*

KittyKat:
Yay! Two days in is just the beginning of 30 days down.

Ferny:
Hey, good job on keeping it to a slice! That's one of my binge foods as well. Buttered toast, or possibly buttered and peanut buttered toast. There's something diabolical about it, because I've actually found myself putting two slices of bread in the toaster out of habit just because there are two slots... Makes it easy to have a binge that multiplies by twos. Two slices become four, become 6, become what-the-****-was-I-thinking?
Keep it up, lady.

2D2M:
Congrats on the grocery store control! That's where it all starts, so it's super empowering to have that grocery cart full of healthy goods!

Allie:
Hey, welcome back to the wagon (that I have just dragged myself back onto as well, lol)! Congrats on your ten lbs, and I bet you could really wow-'em with another 6 weeks to go! Keep it up, looking forward to hearing updates!!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Hi to everyone!
There are SO MANY people here (which is awesome and encouraging!!) and I don't have a lot of time to write to everyone, but I'm keeping up with the posts, sending my support to those who are struggling and congratulations for the rest of you!!! (:

Still binge-free myself, no issues here!

The upcoming week, I've planned for a binge-like free meal on Tuesday. Meaning, I am allowing myself to eat my regular binge quantity and type of foods with absolutely no guilt or obligation and counting it as part of my overall plan as just a mega-massive refeed.
I'm really interested to see how it goes! As of right now, I'm feeling like I don't even want to take it....completely making it within limits definitely takes away some of the compulsion for me. And for the sake of weight-loss, I hope I still feel like that on Tuesday morning...but if not, I'm committed to going ahead and letting myself eat freely with no judgement anyway!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

I am joining you all in this because I feel myself slipping and I NEED something to help me combat the binge...

The last 3 times I tried to get on a weight loss plan, I lost control, binged like crazy, and just gave up within the 3rd or 4th week. Now I'm there again, and I feel it coming, I'm watching it happen. But the difference is that I have this forum filled with people who just get it. You have no idea how much every single one of you help me.

They've been small binges, but I haven't had a binge-free day in a week. I'm turning that around starting today.

Good luck everyone!!
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #30  

I want to join! I'm a bit late - but can start today! I have a huge issue with this and definitely need to remedy it.
krisnic is offline   Reply With Quote