Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #136  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Still no binges, not even on turkey day!
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 240/196/165

Height: 5''7'

Hi guys, I hope there's going to be a Binge Free December,I would love to join!! The last two weeks didn't go the way I planned so I'm looking for a fresh start and new buddies
Sugarlisticoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

I'm trying to figure out how to stop binging too. I've narrowed down when and why I binge: at dinnertime and typically because I'm changing up my workout schedule. I was doing great going to the gym at night doing cardio, and then I thought I was ready to step it up and introduce strength training. Well, that caused a binge, then another, and then some more, and of course I was so messed up that I stopped working out regularly.

So, I discovered that I binge. Ok, now what? Tackle the problem and solve it.

My plan: I will prep my dinner ahead of time and stick a label on the tupperware container with the number of calories in each dinner. I will also drink a large glass of water or tea (or both) after dinner. Then, I will come to awareness (I'm not necessarily religious, but I've heard of this in a weight loss documentary and I'm going to try it) and ask myself if I'm physically full, then if I'm mentally full. Usually I binge due to mental stuff, typically boredom. If I just need something to do, then I'll come onto this website and blog about 'i'm bored and trying not to binge".

Also, thanks to danzingurl77 for starting this thread, and kudos to you for using this site to "whine" about your progress and pitfalls. I plan to do a bit of whining here myself, so let's continue to support each other and pick each other up when we need it!

Finally, to take care of my dinner binge hour(s), I will brush my teeth before I do my evening workout.

So, to summarize (so I can see it in my own short hand), my dinner will include:
-eating my own pre-made meal w caloric limits
-drink water or tea after dinner
-ask myself if I'm physically and mentally full
-brush my teeth

That much planning into my new dinner routine is not impossible. In fact, it's a lot of attention to a problem that needs to be fixed. And, I already do this routine with ALL of my other meals; dinner is just the last piece of the puzzle that needs attention.

And I'm certainly worth my attention
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 238/238/154

Height: 5'5

I just want to say well done you seem very determined which is lovely to see. But I do love that last sentence - "I'm certainly worth my attention" and that is so true.

I'll have to try and remember that when I start to lose motivation because I'm trying to lose weight for me not for anyone else.
Oops A Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #140  

Thank you Oops A Daisy

This forum is particularly helpful because I can post about my cravings as much as I need to, until I: 1. ward off the mental cravings, and 2. form a new and healthier habit.

It's amazing how often I eat due to boredom. Hopefully I just gotta keep my mind busy!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #141  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Just wanted to check in real quick. I've been quiet/lurking/in avoidance mode because I've been struggling a bit the last couple weeks. I had a mini victory today where I did binge, stopped myself, and logged all calories. I posting to say (a) still alive and (b) for accountability, so I can make it through the rest of the evening.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #142  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Well Sunday went okay but I didn't quite make it food-free through the evening. Yesterday, though, I was 100% back on my plan. Going to try to push this week so I can meet my lifestyle change goals for the month. Hope you all have been doing well.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #143  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Binge free for almost 2 months, when I make it through tomorrow it will be 2 months anyway.
I don't know how to feel about it. Part of me is happy and yet another part is kind of going "meh" I want to celebrate it in a way, but I don't know what to do, I don't really want anything to buy, and obviously I am not going to go out and eat, lol, although chinese does sound good
I am sending to all of you.
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #144  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

I'm struggling with my worst binge trigger right now: being benched and unable to do the exercise I love. I feel better knowing I have a doctor's appt on Friday to look at it, but I still feel bitter and pissy that I can't just shovel tons of food into my pie hole without consequence.

Better than actually binging I suppose. Though Thanksgiving I ate like 5,000 calories (all of which were DELICIOUS) so what's the difference really? My pants are still tight!

Last edited by krampus; 11-27-2012 at 12:44 PM.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #145  

Height: 5'1

I had to admit defeat today. I binged. First time since the middle of August. Lasted over 3 months and gave in.

Tomorrow is another day. Hang in there everyone, two days left in November.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #146  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Ugh I've had a terrible week of bingeing... But I'm here to say that I'm not giving up... Every minute is another chance to be successful!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:54 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 238/238/154

Well, I binged again last night I think I'm so stressed with moving at the moment that the first sign of anything going wrong I'm turning to food

But never mind, today is a new day, so fingers crossed, no binges for me today.
Oops A Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #148  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Sound like November has been a hard month for quite a few of us here. I am barely hanging on... Luckily I teach for the next 5 hours with no chance to leave and binge- because I so want to.. I'm tired and hungry and probably having a sugar crash from last week. :,( sometimes in just so ores of watching what I eat and Counting calories... Blah- just one of those days...
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #149  

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmos View Post
Just wanted to check in real quick. I've been quiet/lurking/in avoidance mode because I've been struggling a bit the last couple weeks. I had a mini victory today where I did binge, stopped myself, and logged all calories. I posting to say (a) still alive and (b) for accountability, so I can make it through the rest of the evening.
Good job atmos! I would call that a HUGE victory to stop yourself in the middle of a binge and calculate the calories. I don't know if I could have done that.

Good to see you're back on your plan!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #150  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzingurl77 View Post
Sound like November has been a hard month for quite a few of us here. I am barely hanging on... Luckily I teach for the next 5 hours with no chance to leave and binge- because I so want to.. I'm tired and hungry and probably having a sugar crash from last week. :,( sometimes in just so ores of watching what I eat and Counting calories... Blah- just one of those days...
I can completely relate to this, you know you're in a bad headspace when you see people who are obviously struggling with morbid obesity and can barely fit in restaurant booths eating cheese fries and feel JEALOUS of them!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote